National Cat Day

wa2ise

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Heard (albeit on Howard Stern's Sirius radio show) that today, Aug 8th, is "National Cat Day". If so, then happy National Cat Day <^-.-^>

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My daughter texted me yesterday "Today is International Cat Day. That is a real thing" How did I not know that? Anyway, belated Happy Official Cat Day to everyone.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
This is not true. Howard must have mixed up World Cat Day and National Cat Day and apparently got the date wrong. I read World Cat Day is August 12 on the ACA (Alley Cat Allies) website. National Cat Day is always October 29.

Last edited by a moderator:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
There are often different days to celebrate these holidays, depending on the website you read. This website, for example, says International Cat Day is August 8, National Cat Day is October 29, World Cat Day is February 17 in Europe, and on March 1 in Russia.

In the end, the dates don't have to be exact. The main thing is to celebrate our kitties, which most of us do every day anyway, right? :wink:

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Who cares about the exact date.. according to my cats the world revolves around them every day.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, ther eare Mother's Day and Father's Day for parents and Valentine's Day for romantic lovers, an obviously inaccurate day for Christmas . . .

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
I finally Googled "cat day" to find out what all of the dates are.

Interneitonal Cat Day: August 8
Global Cat Day: October 16
National Cat Day: October 29

There is also Black Cat Appreciation Day, but I would rather have it be in October, not August 17.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally Googled "cat day" to find out what all of the dates are.

Interneitonal Cat Day: August 8
Global Cat Day: October 16
National Cat Day: October 29

There is also Black Cat Appreciation Day, but I would rather have it be in October, not August 17.
You can see a picture of Sweetie in my avatar so August 17 is HIS special day!!!!! But as far as I'm concerned every single day is cat appreciation day! :party2: :woohoo: