Naomi Judd Passed Away

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Naomi Judd has died. Her daughter's announcement said she died of mental illness. I don't know what that means. She was very public about fighting a long battle with depression. She was supposed to be inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame tomorrow.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very sorry to hear this. May she rest in peace.

Rule of thumb: Depression tends to kill by suicide, or by causing reckless behavior (the next door neighbor of suicide). It can also make people feel that they don't deserve a position they've earned or an honor they're being given. If this was suicide it was likely triggered by the scheduled induction into the hall of fame (which is not to imply that it was somehow anyone's fault - if this triggered it then something else would have done so shortly anyway).

However it happened, her family must be in deep pain, perhaps blaming themselves. Feel free to tweet your grief and sympathy, but don't ask for details - they'll talk about it when they're ready.

CindyH66

Peanuts Mom
Adult Cat
Purraise
how sad ! she also battled Hep. C for along time, which led to depression. such a beautiful lady with so much to live for. May she RIP , and praying for her family. what a loss !:frown:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was so shocked to read that she had passed.Wasn't she just on a music awards show with Wynona?They sang Love Can Build A Bridge?Oh my gosh,bless their hearts.How tragic and sad.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's sad. I also believe it must have been suicide. I think it was Wynona that mentioned it was very sudden. She and her mother were preparing for the induction into the Hall of Fame, so she was caught entirely unawares.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beat me to it. What a bummer. I loved "Mama he's crazy" and sung many a karaoke duet with other Judd fans over the years. Once with this bikeroid dude in Akron, yike what a night . . . .

Ms. Judd was also an ICU nurse who contracted Hepatitis C. I suspect she took the cure for it.

Okay, I must speak from personal experience: not all persons with depression commit suicide, though that's a reasonable thought. My mother suffered from it and died from a post-operative heart attack after major surgery. Depression sucks, but it can be treated. But, some treatments work better than others, and some patients respond better than others.

Mom made a point of telling me to tell everyone that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They were going to start another tour in three weeks. I don't know how long it was going to be but they were going to do something with their music again.

She was very open about her fight with depression. She said she would often not leave the house for as long as three weeks, not get out of her pajamas or take care of her hygiene. That is really pretty common for clinical depression. There aren't many women who would admit the part about hygiene but she did.