~Names, Whats in a name? Why, When Where and How?~

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Okay well my name is Keisha, because thats my cats name and I'm not very creative usually. My real name is bethany (ugh... ).

As for my animals, I'll just go for my current ones. Okay, so

-DOGS-
Spike- My younger sister named him after the rugratz. Me and my mom couldn't think of anything better at the time (7 years ago) so it just stuck.

Luke- Well they were gonna name him Wilson (which i didn't like) so I thought of Luke, and my step-dad heard that, and he instantly loved it. And it waas also off of Luke off of Gilmore girls, and Luke Duke from the Dukes of Hazarrd. We call him Dukey sometimes too. So if I ever get a female dog her name will be Daisy if it fits, and if i ever get a male dog his name will be Beau if it fits.

Black-jack- He came with his name, and we got him not too long ago, and he is 4 almost 5 so we just kept that name. And i call him Blacky alot.

-CATS-
Keisha-I really don't know how she got her name. I cant' remember at all, but I love it

Kalli-i got to name punkin and Kandee, and so she wanted to name her. so i let her, oh my sister btw.

Sammy- it just came to me when i was petting him. soundslike a good name for a fat cat like he is.

CHICKENS-
Curly-someone one here suggested the three stooges names for them and i like that so thats how it went.
Larry-^^^^^^dito
Moe-^^^^ yup
Kiki-i am pretty sure thats her name, my friends are in charge of naming my three newesst chickens, and they can't seem to come to a decision very well atall. See I think they were naming the other two Larry and Jenny, because our off and on friend jenny has a boyfriend named Larry, and she has always wanted to name a kid if she had one Kiki. I asked them about naming them, and they said they would, and all of a sudden as a joke my friend Erika bllurted out Jenni, and sothen steph suggested Larry, and then Kiki. But then we htought that was all good, and then we realized that I already had a chicken named Larry, so i dont know if that is going to stikc or not, it doesn't really matter to me or not.
Larry-^^^^^^^^^^
Jenny-^^^^^^^

Goats-
Chase- we named him chase because i had to chase him all the way across a town i didnt' know untill i caught him. if you want to know mmore about that i have a post in this section about that.

Bubba/Alpine- His name has not really beeen decided on yet. debatingabout it yet.

Hamsters-
Billy- I have no idea where i came up with this i just liked it

Bobbi-so i gave her a matching name to billy.

Mika-my friends favorite name and she named her.

Snowballz- well thats all they could think off, untill a day after he was named we thought of marshmellow.

Fish-
Well right now i have 12 chichlids. and only 4 of them have names.
Mr. Skunk-because he is black with a white stripe, and he is like the leader of the pack
Mrs. Skunk- because she looks like him but smaller, and hangs out with him
Mango-bright orangeish yellowish
Big blue-pretty big blue fish :p

Guineas-
well my guineas don't have a name yet. I just normally finding my self calling them the dumb guineas. Or cussing at them when they do somehtign else stupid. they are incredibly dumb. i mean really. jeez. wehave to put marbles in there water dish, because if you don't they will drown themselves inthere water dish. crazy. they also can get into a fence if they openn it and then they throw fits because they can't remember how to get out. even thoguh thye can fly. the last day i was theere . they were all in a tree and were landing, and they missed the ground and al hit the top of the grain bin. it was a HUGE thunk. you also can't tell them apart by lookingat them, and the only way to sex themis to listen to their call. which i can doo, i just dont' remmeber which one is which since they all lookthe same.

HORSE-
Lea- my horses name is Lea, i guess techniclally thats her nickname, as her papered name is Slewlea (seattle slew is her grandpa) , and she came withthat nicknme, and she comes to it, and i like it so we kept it.

RABBITS-
Baby-she was the smallest one that i had, and so i called her that, she looks like a wild bunny, so sometimes i call her the wild thang, my friend dallas came up with that, and i think its funny. because she is so crazy, sheis always doign these really sharp turns, running at full speed.

Hopper-is a crazy hopper and my mom came up with that

Oreo-my sister named him he is black and white like an oreo....

Caramel-because of her coloring, andi love caramel

Pepper-is black with white and gray speckles

and i think thats it

ilovemykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well, my screen name is rather self explanatory, at least i think it is.

my kitty my brother JJ named. Johnny our little brother had a kitten before, but it had died and so my mother was replacing it. and we were joking around on the way home how the new kitty "Had to live" this time. and as stupid as it was it stuck. there is a cruder version of her name but i'm not gonna put it here. it refers to a piece of anatomy she didn't posses because she wasn't a he.

my sisters dog was already named Shasta when we got her.

my mother named Sadie or some reason, idk.

we named stripes that because we were lazy, he is a tabby, and he was the kitten we didn't want to keep. of course with our luck we still have him, though now we wouldn't give him away for nothin'.

my sister Flesh&Roses hasn't posted anything yet but she has registered. i will point her to this thread.

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Darkeyedgirl... cuz I have really dark eyes. Bigguns, too (my eyes)...

Cats:
Snickers: when he was a kitten, he looked like a Snickers bar; caramel (red), nougat (gray), and dark brown (chocolate). And he was NUTS! Calm now, and more of a Special Dark without the nougat...

Dusty: She looks like a walking dust mop. Long beautiful silvery hair.

Miss Jessie: love the name for a girl, and there's a song out there about living in a trailer by the sea... "you, the cat, and me".

Miss K.C.: Simply put: Miss Kitty Cat (couldn't think of anything else!)

Zorro: he is black & white, and he wears a black 'mask' (markings).

Hammie: named after the Cartoon Network character, Hamtaro. An orange & white hamster who broke free from his cage every night and went on adventures!

Other pets in our household:
Skippy & Tiger (my husband's cats; he named them)

and Barney the Dog (was my aunt's dog, she named him. Then my mom's dog; she kept the name Barney. So I kept the name Barney when he finally came to live with me). I can't change his name cuz he is well... quite a barney.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My username is because I am Trouts mom
And I named Trout that because she is cute and I think Troutfish are cute

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My screen name is my two babies names Enzo and Leya. Enzo was my boyfriend and mines' first baby and we wanted a really odd, neat name. Enzo is from the man who created Farrari, Enzo Farrari. Our Leya is our little girl. Her name came from a really odd place. We were watching TV one night, Dog the Bounty Hunter, and his daughter that got killed by a drunk driver was named Leah. We really liked the name but changed the spelling because Enzo has a Z in it and I wanted Leya to have a Y.....I know I'm weird!!

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
User name: Kalikat - vet told me Blossom was torty & I read that tortys with white were calico. She has white feet & bib on chest.
Cats: Coco - torty, very chocolate brown with orange flecks.
Blossom - found in Spring at 3 weeks old. Has a bright face reminded me of a flower.
Dogs: April - Border Collie was born in April, named by my mum.
Sooty - sooty colored.
Birds: Blue - the budgie, & Big Bird - the Rainbow Loikeet, he's bigger than the budgie.
Mice: Little Squirt, the daddy mouse, he was small when I bought him.
Spikey, son, is really fluffy with champagne colored spikey fur.
Star, daughter, grey with a little diamond shape on her forehead.
Snake: Spirit - son's Childrens Python, he's into dragons.