Name three things

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please don't cry. I know it's icky but you have to make sacrifices somewhere. Better the milk than the sugary food. ;-)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Making brunch for dear Richard this morning. He should be home from work around 10:30 or so.

Going to the grocery store for dried whole green peas for me to make split pea soup tomorrow. We also need some light bulbs.

This afternoon, I'm going to start putting knick-knacks into boxes to put away. On Thanksgiving weekend, we'll start decorating the house for Christmas and if I start putting things away now, it will make it easier to decorate.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Husband took out the trash so I didn't have to do it but I ;

sweeped out some cob webs  on the patio

cleaned out the kitchen trash can

cleaned the tub

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It is bitterly cold outside today with a gusty wind, so it's a good day to spend in the kitchen.....

Working on laundry this morning

I took a small ham out of the freezer yesterday and will be making Split Pea Soup and Ham and Bean Soup for the freezer this afternoon (while I was at it, I also took Mr. Turkey out of the freezer, too, and plopped him in the fridge to start thawing)

I want to make Maple Cut-out Cookies today (will throw them into the freezer today and then get them out on Wednesday night to decorate for Thanksgiving)

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Went to Quaker Meeting

Found a stunning craft shop and bought soap

Planted a beautiful Cane Begonia

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
paid bills
get the deck furniture inside because of the supposedly crazy storm on Wednesday
Move the furniture in the dining room around to get read for Thaksgiving

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How does 2 people make so many dirty dishes ?

dishes

Family Dollar for can cat food

Laundromat

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dig out my car and shovel the snow off the driveway, ugh!

Going out to buy a second, smaller Christmas tree for the lower-level Family Room

Finish any remaining housework as l signed up for an overtime shift tomorrow, which should have been a day off.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Got up early and played throw the biscuit for a hungry Mouse.

My usual stint at the local charity shop - getting busy for Christmas.

Walked down to the shop and back rather than take the car - been getting too layzee recently..... 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Errands tonight:

Must grab some groceries....need to pick up the dairy and produce for Thanksgiving dinner

Pet Smart has our cat food on sale, so we're going to stock up....the supply in the basement cabinet is running a little low right now

Water softener salt at Lowes

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Worked all day but with not much brain activity happening - not very effective!

Went to a friend's house for tea.  Yummy AND I didn't have to cook anything.

Came home and got 'Moused':  I think he missed me and needed me to kneel on the floor so he could crawl underneath me and have his belly rubbed for ages to reassure him I hadn't left home.  Bad mommy.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

going to the church to hand out Thanksgiving baskets
Bless you for that, Dejolane.....I've gone into Rick's church before to help with early in the morning dinner prep for their Thanksgiving dinner. And we usually roast a turkey for the dinner, too. We didn't this year as they had enough people to roast turkeys and they said they have enough people to help this year. That's rare; usually they're begging for volunteers. A lot of the younger people are starting to step up to help with serving dinner this year. We have noticed that,as the older people pass away, the younger people are finally starting to pick up the slack. I don't officially belong to Rick's church, but I do like to help out with things from time to time. I'll make cupcakes or cakes and cookies for the dinners and help roast turkeys or chickens, things like that. Rick's mom used to do that, too, but since she's gotten older, I started doing it for her. I guess we feel that the tradition should be continued and there should be somebody from our family helping out.

Get through the day today at work...not too much going on right now at my end; we don't get a lot of development plans once it gets really cold

Start working on things for dinner on Thursday (cranberry relish, make the turkey brine for Wednesday night...as cold as it is outside, I can put the kettle of brine outside on the back deck to cool down a bit before stashing it in the fridge)

Supernatural is on tonight, so I'll watch that before bed

Status
Not open for further replies.