Name Three things - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm tired this morning. Tossed and turned all night. Cold, then hot, so blankets on, then off. So many trips to the bathroom. The girls gave me hairballs; well, Molli and Tabby did. And then they started up before 6:00 this morning, although I kept them waiting until about 6:45. I try to pretend that I'm sleeping when Tabby comes into bed. She gets up closely and when I open my eyes, all I can see is her green eyes staring at me. And hear her purring. It's adorable. But I could nap.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee.
  • Anybody remember TastyKakes butterscotch krimpets? I found a recipe for homemade butterscotch krimpets that I want to try. And I want to make a loaf of French bread. No applesauce cake yesterday, so that may be on my baking agenda for today.
  • Mollipop says that her dad's new FitBit should be here today.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester sorry about your lack of sleep. My Walmart carries the TK butterscotch krimpets. I may try them

small load of colors

water plants, need rain so badly

read

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was a busy day:
Mass,
Daily morning stuff
Medicated Geoffrey
trash
Cleaned out vacuum
Did a good vacuuming
Had and made many phone calls in-between
Cooked supper
Dishes
trash, again...

Today:
Not much of anything.
Up early for Appointment in Boston.
Dishes
Medicated Geoffrey
Had cortisone injection in my right hip, Boston Hospital
Home---
It is cold out, so in my nice warm fleece lounging PJ's...
May lie down with Geoffrey soon, on top of the bed--- to nap and cuddle.. sweet boy

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
went to upper and lower GI appt
grabbed a mc chicken sandwich for lunch
maybe do some packing
talk to mamanyt1953

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
checked my mail
went to a pulmonary doctor ( i dont like him at all )
eat some lunch soon
write letters
box up some books and bag up some more clothes (later)
talk to mamanyt1953

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • We hit Cracker Barrel for breakfast and then Sam's for a major grocery run this morning. Brought it all home, put it through the Food Saver and tossed it into the freezers. Put other stuff away. Sometimes, I think that takes longer than the actual grocery trip.
  • Hit Target for a prescription and Food Saver bags and then Giant for a few things I don't buy or can't find at Sam's: produce, milk, cornmeal, etc.
  • Got the trash down to the road for pick-up tomorrow.
We're still trying to get a dumpster to put carpet in to be hauled away, but nobody seems to have any to use right now. And we won't start removing the carpet until we get a dumpster.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Be careful! Hope your aches go away soon!

We can no longer see the mountains in the distance across the road from us. That normally happens when it's very humid. This time, it's because of the wildfire smoke. The Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area was really hazy last night and an Unhealthy Air Quality warning was issued for that area in eastern PA. We're more in the central PA area, but you can see the haziness from the smoke here, too. Rick shut all the windows and turned the AC on and he'll probably keep it on all day today. He has really bad sinus problems and is probably better off with closed windows.

Not much going on around here today.
  • Breakfast for the girls, no dishwasher to empty, and just finished my coffee. I'll scoop boxes later on this morning.
  • I'll do a load of kitty stuff: blankets, pillow cases, etc.
  • I'm thinking of making sourdough English muffins this morning. I fed the Pamsbury Dough Girl (Rick gave my sourdough starter a new name!) last night, so she's ready to go.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Please take care of yourself. I have always found a night lite to be imperative for the bathroom and the kitchen.

Mixed up day:
did not sleep well-- cortisone is giving me flushed flares on cheeks and torso.
Up very early
Played a bit with Geoffrey
Medicated him
Quick swiffer
many texts and phone calls
Quick shower
Out to corn hole-- my games are so long. My opponent and I keep cancelling out our scores. I always get tired and lose..
A bit too long for hip.. so home resting with a decaf iced coffee
another phone, regarding information about the meeting.. found stuff out this morning.
Have to finish morning chores
snack
have an outside the building meeting late this afternoon-- poor timing for me.

Nothing else... may just have a sandwich for supper.

Sweet little boy, Geoffrey.. Since Monday, when I got the cortisone shot, he is my constant companion. Yesterday, he new it was a bad day. Geoffrey was with me all afternoon and night.. only leaving my side to nibble or use the litter box....
IMG_1515.jpeg
He is always on my lap.. This morning, as I was showering, he was yelling at me---- separation anxiety at its peak....
~~
Winchester Winchester yeah, the air quality has been very poor all week. It is supposed to improve a bit tomorrow. I have had my AC on; just to filter the air.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom The Big G is simply gorgeous! He's a beautiful baby. You sure were busy the last couple days with everything going on.

Rick went over to our neighbors yesterday morning and told them to keep their butts inside the house because of the smoke. He only went outside a couple times, to talk to neighbors and check the garden, and then to get the mail. So instead he ripped the carpet and tack strips out of the hallway. We're still waiting on word of a dumpster. A lot of people are working on home projects this summer and dumpsters are scarce. The cats sound like a herd of elephants when they come running out of the hallway!

We have decided not to plant flowers this year. None. Why? Because of the severe lack of rain. We'd only have to water them constantly and we'd rather save the water for the garden. We did get the window boxes planted and Rick bought two butterfly bushes back in the early spring. I bought two coral bells. But that's it. I didn't even get a Boston fern this year for at the Shed. One of the things we like to do in the summer is check out the various nurseries and garden stores. I miss that. But again, no plants. Not this year.

I don't know what I want to do today. The house is clean and does not need a thing. I can always find something, I guess.
  • We moved my great-grandmother's desk from the hallway into the bedroom so that Rick could take up the carpet. I'm going to go through those drawers while they're out of the desk. I can go through pictures; we have a lot of pictures of the RugCats and such. At the very least, I can start marking who's who on the backs. Not that anybody will care after Rick and I are gone. We have very few actual print pictures of the Three Meowsketeers, simply because we use our cells now as cameras. But if I see pictures I really like (I like them all!), I can drag the scanner out and scan them.
  • Start putting knick-knacks and such away again. Rick really does want to start on the living room carpet. He never thought it would take this long to get a dumpster and he's getting impatient....esp since he did the hallway yesterday. I'll be glad when it's all done and we can get the house back into whatever-passes-for-normal. That will be a while.
And I think that will be my day. Nothing exotic. Nothing big.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
ordered pizza and loaded tots from Domino's

foot is bothering me from the fall so i'm resting it.

still have stuff to unpack from Amazon's

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
ordered pizza and loaded tots from Domino's

foot is bothering me from the fall so i'm resting it.

still have stuff to unpack from Amazon's
Please take care of yourself... We love you here--- Please be safe... get those night lights ordered-- from Amazon, if need be.... ❤

Winchester Winchester Yeah, I have to agree. Geoffrey is a beautiful cat..., Artie was, also... Geoffrey is a 'Baby boy"; a real "Mama's Boy"... Artie was a Man/Boy..Artie made me laugh so much. We played so much-- as in childhood games: hide & seek, catch, chase: just so different from Geoffrey.. Geoffrey is very needy and frightened-- but a love bug...
I got a ton of love and fun from Artie... he was my Soul-Cat... Geoffrey is: MY Little Boy Cat...Both cudders...

Today:
Up early... Geoffrey woke me up early...
Slept so-so
Regular morning stuff-- dishes, pickup, Geoffrey
Geoffrey morning meds... brushed him, played, fed breakfast, meds..
Quick Vacuum
Early phone call and texting...
Out for drive into Boston for Appointment
Dunkin
Spoke with a couple of tenants in here.
Geoffrey Chemo, email to Vet re; his scripts
Done

It seems as if I am testing and on phone a lot. It is kind of involved. I do not know how much you would like to know; but here goes. I am Catholic. I live in a Jewish owned building. We, finally, after many years, got approval to have a monthly Mass to be said in here by the Pastor of my Church. I am very much involved in the planning of this.. I know... Not forcing religion on anyone.

I just have a strong feeling, in my heart, that we really NEED this in the building. We have had Catholic prayer services, but never a real Mass. The services have always been very well attended, with around 60 people attending. There is a real call for this with all the Catholic shut-in people. We Finally, we got permission from the Building Administrator, the Rabbi, My Pastor, his Bishop; to go forward with it.. Took many years..

There are 3 of us involved with this. The most experienced and religious person is 90 years old!!!!
Both her and I are like thinking about planning. The other person, is a bully-- ugh.. long story..She waits until the very last minute to do anything..She has already started bad mouthing me... as I am taking over, when this is supposed to be a team effort... The 90 year old is, as I told her, an 'advisor"; and will take the brut of the disagreements. The Mass is scheduled for 6/21--- We need to get going and be organized; but the Pastor relies on her a lot.. I am involved because, in my heart, I have a strong feeling that I have to get involved. I am a 'planner', an organizer... So the 90 year old and I work fairly well together. The other one is 'yuck"... so I am now pretty much taking charge of this... It is a lot-- but I am discovered, very late in life, that I Am ABLE to accomplish things I never would have dreamed of getting involved with; before... At my age, I am finally explore what I CAN accomplish.. I am an organizer..
I am a doer... I speak my mind... I am honest.. I do not lie... I plan things out.. Honestly, It has been a hard road since I moved here in 2019.. I think I am finally 'discovering" who I am--- with the help of therapy...

So, this if my 2023 'project'.. I seem to get involved with a major project each year of living here!
2019-- parking issue, took on City Hall, City Council, Traffic Commission, and WON
2020--- Covid
2021-- newspaper
2022-- Formation of the Catholic Mass

Ok--- enough about myself.. I know there are not many people on the forum who will read, or even comment on this.. That is ok... Finally learning things about myself...

love to anyone who reads and responds to this....

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My step grandmother was Episcopalian and was married to a minister of that faith for several years before he passed.She went to live at an apartment complex in Allentown for ministers and their families,but I have to say there were people of other faiths living there,and it was a lovely place.She was very happy there...it always struck me as a wonderful thing that they had services for each faith that was represented there.Their chapel was small...didn't matter... some even went to a service of different faith from theirs.I know for a fact she did.I think it's wonderful what you've accomplished!

Status
Not open for further replies.