Name Three things - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Boy, you're being put through the wringer. Best bet is to keep windows closed and AC running. We have a similar problem across the road from us. The woman likes her wine. A lot. And as the night progresses and she begins to like her wine even more, she becomes louder and louder. Outside on her porch. She makes a lot of phone calls and talks loudly. Her husband has even come out to tell her to keep it down. They've argued about a little bit of everything; credit card bills seem to be the big thing. Fortunately, it's not every night. But all the neighbors know their business, not because we want to, but because she simply will not shut up. I would turn the fan on in the bedroom window, just to drown her out. Finally around midnight or so, she'll go in the house. Where, sometimes, the arguments continue. Rick came in last night and said, "Prepare yourself. She's winding up." But never a karaoke machine! Can you call the police, since it was later in the evening?

I started hacking away at those trees behind the Shed yesterday. Got what I could and Rick will have to tidy them up with the chain saw. Everything is completely dead from ground level up to about ten feet. I only took off what's on our property and only about six feet from the ground and I was very careful. I manage to do three trees, the ones right behind the Shed. Put the branches on a tarp, then dragged the tarp over to our brush pile. We'll get it down to the municipal brush pile and they'll grind it all down. Took me pretty much all afternoon, followed by a good, hot shower. Meanwhile, the pool is opened and the water is clearing up. Rick took the power washer to the pool cover to get all the bird poop off, spread it out and let it dry. We'll fold it up this morning and get it stored away.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee. We didn't get the Kindle done yesterday as we got busy with other stuff, so I did it this morning and it's ready to go. Rick will take it up to his mother's, then stop at the grocery on his way home for a few items that I need for tomorrow's dinner.
  • I need to make the pickled red beet eggs today (should have made them a couple days ago) and the ice cream pie for tomorrow's dessert. And bake the cookies. Throw some mint tea together.
  • Rick will power wash the Deck this afternoon to get rid of bird poop. When he's finished and it's dry, I'll put the furniture out. I think it's still too chilly at night to put the Shed plants out on the deck, but everything else can go out. He's going to put the AC in the Shed, too. (We are to hit the low 90s by the middle of this coming week!)

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
computer stuff
waiting for our toilet paper and cat food to be delivered
maybe work on the latch hook rug some
talk to mamanyt1953 later tonite

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Loud neighbours are the worst. i have some across the street, summer is the worst because they shoot off fireworks, about 4 years i called the police and they were ticketed, ever since they have held a grudge. more fireworks, loud music, etc. i finally bought a good pair of ear plugs. i hope they keep it down for you. the karaoke machine is messed up!!

read

go to Nicole's

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick and I both have headaches this morning. And there's been something going around the clan for the last two days. It started with Molli throwing up, then went to Muffin, who had it coming out both ends yesterday, and then it finally hit Tabby last night. She looked the roughest of the three and we were thinking of having to spend the night at the ER vet last night. Rick stayed out on the couch with her. This morning, we awakened to Tabby's green eyes at our faces and her purring. All girls ate well and, so far, they've kept their food down. When we had the RugCats, every so often, something would make its way through the clan, attacking one cat after another. When it finally got through the last cat (we had six at that time, Tabby made seven and then Muffin became #8), it would go away and all cats would be fine.

So Rick has been dealing with a sinus headache now for two days. And I've had this on again/off again spit of a headache that finally blew up this morning. I hate headaches or eye aches, as the case may be. I would kill for two Advil tablets. One of these days, I'm going to break down and take some Advil, just to see what happens. But I'll do it when Dear Richard is around, so he can get me to the ER, if necessary. I am so tired of headaches. This isn't a migraine, but it feels like a cluster headache.
  • Sitting back here with my coffee.
  • I took the cookie dough out of the fridge and will start on cookies in a bit. Then make the broccoli salad and throw the crock pot beans together; they have to be in the crock pot by noon. Season the steaks and let them sit naked in the fridge for the afternoon. I did the ice cream pie last night and threw that in the fridge. Rick thinks he has enough gas to do the steaks on the grill. If not, I'll do them in the NFG. Don't laugh; I can do a pretty mean Delmonico in the NFG!
  • We'll take some broccoli salad and a few cookies up to Evelyn tonight. Rick will take a few cookies over to our neighbors.
The pool has cleared up nicely. It needs a good vacuuming. He's also going to be put the AC in the Shed, as we are to get into the 90s by the middle of the week. Looks like we'll be able to see how well the AC in the house works!

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
clean up after stardust and myself ( unfortunately)
check the mail
stamp some mail to go out
write letters
gather up ipappy's cat toys and more mail to take with me tomorrow
talk to mamanyt1953 later today

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Paid a Life Insurance Bill
Renewed my State Driver's license for 8 yrs.
Researched my Ancestry Tree.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I am human today. Spent most of Monday and yesterday afternoon in bed. It just got the best of me. And the cats continued their throwing up spree, along with Muffin's diarrhea. We thought they were doing better, but then Muffin started in again. Fortunately, we all seem to be back to whatever passes for normal around here. At least for now. I'm really tired; dealing with that headache really seems to do a number on me sometimes.
  • Our neighbor came over to return the cookie tin that I had put his cookies in. We had a bit of a coffee and cookie klatch this morning.
  • Vacuum, swiffer, etc. Wipe down kitchen and bathroom.
  • In the Shed, I want to move the plants around long enough that I can wash the insides of the windows. I could probably put the plants outside for the day, but they'd have to come back inside during the night. We were in the upper 40s last night. Quite a temp change to go from mid-80s to high 40s!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Could you get a child's coaster wagon on Freecycle and use it to wheel the plants out of the shed in the morning, then back in towards sunset?

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
mailed out some cat toys and military letters
went to look at a new apartment to get ready to move
texted my friend
check mail later
talk to mamanyt1953

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's see . . .

Today I unloaded the dishwasher I ran yesterday evening

Washed / dried two loads of laundry. Folded one, need to fold the other.

Repotted some pineapple lilies (Eucomis for those of you who like Latin names) and put them outside.

Himself split firewood so I stacked it.

Carpet cleaner duo was here and did the dining room wall to wall, stair pads, two smallish (sort of) area rugs. I sent them off with a check, and a cookie and an A&W root beer each. Tomorrow Himself and I will need to put the DR chairs etc back in place, seeing as how we moved them out of DR yesterday.

Occasional handyman here. I had him spray paint two pots. Himself had other things for the rest of the time he was here.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
check mail
called the landlord about what we need to move into the new place
talk to mamanyt1953 later

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hideously dry weather. Minimal rain was forecast for tomorrow but even that tiff-tuff is no longer happening. In one regard that's nice as Himself's sister will arrive later today from NYC for tomorrow's old time baseball game at the living history farm: The Friends of Howell Living History Farm - Old Time Baseball Game

Her room is all set up. Today I washed a load of laundry. Boiled potatoes for salad.

This morning I cut down some sapling trees and dragged aside so I can target water on a Sapphire berry tree, Symplocos paniculata. Mine doesn't berry, it needs to cross pollinate but I have never been able to find it a friend. The public garden that has them, even re-seeding, won't share because "it is not native." I swear, I'll make a visit this fall and collect a handful of berries.

Himself turned on the circuit(s) for air conditioning this morning. Good idea as it is supposed to reach the mid 90s Fahrenheit today and there's a several hour lag time between activating and actually using.

Yesterday had me in a foul mood. Someone with a large U-Haul truck turned in our driveway and hit one of the small pallets that a large pot planted with (guess what) cannas sits on. Smashed one of the pallet boards, knocked over the pot, some dirt and cannas fell out. They knew what they did because pot was straightened up but soil and cannas left in the daylilies, damaged pallet in the wrong place. I was so furious. Himself repaired the pallet, I scooped soil and cannas into pot, we placed the pallet where it was supposed to be, and then the two of us managed - with difficulty - to lift the pot onto the pallet.

Off to make chocolate chip cookie dough.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Could you get a child's coaster wagon on Freecycle and use it to wheel the plants out of the shed in the morning, then back in towards sunset?
C catapault That's a good idea. I'll check and see what the kids have that they're no longer using.

The girls were wide awake before 6:00 this morning. They always come to me for breakfast; Rick says they consider me as The Easy Mark. But he got up around 6:30. After breakfast, Molli came back to bed and we cuddled until I got up around 8:30. No pukies or poop out of the box yesterday. All three girls seem to be doing OK.

It's going to be hot, hot, hot today. Calling for low to mid 90s. I'm pleased to say that the AC is doing its job quite well. We need rain. We desperately need rain. We've not had a drop of rain since we had those 3 inches back at the beginning of May. Nothing.
  • Hit the pool place for the summer chemicals. The pool looks great, but we need to get the chemicals in the water to keep it that way. While we're about, we're going hit the grocery for a bag of pretzels and some coffee. I think we'll be doing our big grocery run on Monday or Tuesday, either Sam's or Costco.
  • Mollipop ordered her dad a new Fitbit for Fathers' Day from the girls. Rick's been using my old Blaze for a few years now and it's to the point where he's having trouble trying to get it to charge. I charged it last night by resetting it; I don't why he didn't try that. Anyway, it's been giving him fits, so Molli ordered a Versa 4 for him. I have a V3 and it works OK. Should be here next week and the girls will give it to him on Fathers' Day.
  • I need to vacuum. I did swiffer yesterday, but when I went to get the vacuum out, Rick came in the house. When Rick goes outside this afternoon, I'll throw the vacuum around a bit.
  • Throw some pizza dough together for dinner tonight. I took some Easter ham out of the freezer yesterday to thaw for pizza.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
got my prescription from pharmacy
checked my mail
wrote a pen pal letter that i had got today
computer stuff
talk to mamanyt1953 later

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I am so glad you are enjoying the new ac!! Nice, cool, comfortable inside.

enjoy the lower temps but we desperately need rain. i overwatered the geranium and may have killed it.

read

Cal wanted out in the middle of the night. I tried staying awake but fell asleep and she was out for 2 hours.
She was frantic to get in, poor baby. i felt like a bad mom.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We had rain! Almost two inches of rain! I was ready to go out and dance in the front yard. Nobody was expecting this....it just got so hot and icky that a t-storm cropped up. And then it stayed around for a while. Cooled things down nicely, too. We were able to turn the AC off and opened windows last night. I swear you could almost hear the plants moaning in relief. And that means no watering today.

Not really a lot going on today:
  • Cleaned litter boxes, then shredded paper for the trash.
  • Attacked the freezer in the kitchen. What wasn't labelled and couldn't be IDed went into the trash. Now I need to hit the freezers in the basement for "groceries" for this week. I need to do a better job of keeping things organized in the kitchen freezer. I'm pretty good about labelling things; Rick is not. He says he knows what it is and that's all that matters....but, after a couple of months, he can't remember. And then it sits in the freezer for god knows how long, usually until I throw it out.
  • A lick and a promise of a vacuum this morning.
  • Thinking of making a pan of applesauce brownies.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
start boxing up our books
bag up some laundry
maybe take out more stuff to the dumpsters
have to take some medicine to clear out my body for a medical procedure ( not fun)

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm tired. Woke up to the sound of a puking cat at 6:30 a.m. Mr Poe was making a small deposit but it was on a tightly woven area rug at the foot of our bed. By the time I got out of bed, moved the glass topped table that's on the rug, and got the rug into the bathroom to clean it - as you can imagine I was wide awake even though I originally had no intention of getting up that early.

Then in the morning I watered plants - Winchester Winchester I am so absolutely envious of your 2 inches of rain. Yesterday was completely overcast, but also completely dry. So watering has become part of my daily routine. Then I did a heavy pruning with loppers on a star magnolia that's intruding into a gazebo. Had to go back further than just clearing the gazebo roof line.

After lunch I went off to the historical museum 15 miles away for a presentation on butter and fresh cheese making. I know the two presenters, they do a good job, and this was no exception.

Bouman Stickney Cheese & Butter_2023-06_Bev churning butter.jpg

I intend to try for an early bedtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.