mail some letters and check the mail
letters to write later
maybe put some clean laundry away
talk to mamanyt1953

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Changed the kitty litter (so pleased with this enzymatic tofu, 5kg lasts a month)
Drove to my LYS for another ball of yarn
Cleaned Phoebe’s chin, which had got crusty again - I must have missed doing it for a couple of days, poor darling.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We watched 7 of the ten episodes of Dexter: New Blood last night. It's really good! There are some slow spots, but it's not bad at all. Not as good as the season with the Trinity Killer, but John Lithgow's shoes were very hard to fill. We'll either finish it off tonight or tomorrow afternoon.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and I'm back here with my coffee.
  • Took a lemon cake out of the oven, must slice the chicken breasts, and grab a bag of applesauce from the freezer. Make the Prepare our snacks for our Evil binge session. I have the tangzhong ready to make Japanese milk bread rolls. These rolls are decadent! Japanese Milk Bread Rolls It's become a popular family roll recipe.
  • Bob and I will spend the afternoon watching Evil. With the rain and the chilly weather, it's a good day to spend the afternoon in the Shed. Rick refuses to watch Evil (it's just not his thing).

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Evil is done for another year. They are to start working on the fourth and final season this summer.
  • Rick got up with the girls. I awakened at 8:00, but by that time, Molli was back in bed and we lounged until 8:30 when I decided to drag my sorry (and lazy) butt out of bed. I have my coffee and am hanging out here for a while. I'll scoop in a bit.
  • Changed the bed sheets this morning
  • We are going to finish Dexter: New Blood this afternoon. Three episodes to go.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
A fitting ending to Dexter....much better than the "final" season of before.
Tired this morning. For the life of me, I could not fall asleep. Last time I looked at the clock, it was almost 3:30. Tabby awakened us this morning a little before 7:00 with lots of purring and whisker-kisses. When she licked my nose, I figured it was time.
  • Breakfast for the girls (I emptied the dishwasher last night), and made our coffee. Hanging out back here for a while.
  • Getting ready to put the second load of laundry in the washer. I have three loads, including the bed sheets that were finally changed yesterday.
  • Do a quick vacuum this morning while Rick is out for his walk. Nothing major.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
letters and also mail some letters while checking my mail
get laundry ready for tomorrow morning and add more quarters to the quarter jar
pick out clothes to wear tomorrow
talk to mamanyt1953

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Not much today. I awakened at 6:00 when Molli and Muffin went at it. Got them settled....until they went at it again. (FWIW, Feliway does not work on our girls.) Brought Muffin back to her stroller in the bedroom and she flopped down. Molli came back to bed and pouted. Rick finally got up at 7. By that time, they were more than ready for breakfast. I have about half a headache; very low-key, and I hope it stays that way.
  • Drinking my coffee and hanging out back here for a while
  • Just general straightening-up today, nothing big
  • I'm going to make the meatloaf and the baked custard this morning for dinner tonight. That way, if we're outside this afternoon, I can just pop the meatloaf into the NFG without a lot of work.
  • Planted the Big Daddy onions yesterday; we had them last year and they were gorgeous. We still have the Walla Walla Sweets onions to do, probably this afternoon.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
in laws took me out to celebrate my birthday early since its on a sunday
mailed some letters and jcatbirds birthday card
got todays mail out of the mailbox and picked up my stuff that i ordered off of the porch
write more letters
talk to mamanyt1953

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick forgot that the truck had an appt at the garage yesterday. He finally remembered, called the garage and set up another appt for tomorrow.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee
  • We still have about 2 dozen Walla Walla Sweets onions to plant. Out of 250 onion bulbs, that's not bad at all. Rick will do them this afternoon. When he's finished, we'll take the truck into the garage for tomorrow.
  • I am planning on starting to clean in the basement. It's a mess and, I have to be honest, most of it is mine. I was down there on Sunday looking for something and tore my area apart. Clean that up and do a quick sweep/vacuum. I'm also going to turn the treadmill on and make sure it's running OK. I can only walk in the house so much; I can get distance by walking throughout the house, but not speed. It's time. And if I get back on the treadmill now, I should be ready for walking outside by the beginning of May. I'm leery; if my knee "grabs", the treadmill won't stop. But it's been pretty good, so I'm hoping it'll be OK.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far today I have

Used battery powered hedge trimmer to cut / shape about 6 or 7 Spirea 'Gold Flame', two large Berberis thunbergii 'Aurea', one large B. thunbergii 'Purpurea'. Need to rake clippings out of shrubs and dump in the woods.

Occasional handyman here for an hour. I had him weed wrenching multiflora roses and dumping in woods. Then we went down where large branches had fallen over the winter. I cut them up with smaller battery powered chain saw into length suitable for edging path, which he then moved to where I'm spreading wood chips on path.

Now time for lunch. Then I'll see what else I might accomplish on my own.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Not much going on today. It was really cold last night (mid-20s), so we covered the onions and peas with sheets. Once it warms up, we'll take the coverings off. No snow, thankfully.
  • Still working on my coffee. I'm going to scoop in a few.
  • I want to finish the basement cleaning. I cleaned the treadmill yesterday and it seems to be running OK. Still didn't find what I was looking for. I have a Pfaltzgraff Evening Sun large pitcher (with sunflowers). I found the watering can, but I have no idea where that pitcher is. I also have 4 place settings in Evening Sun, but they chipped so badly I had to stop using them. The dinner plates are very large and don't fit into the China cabinet. It's a shame because it was a pretty pattern and fit perfectly with summer.
  • Get the laundry sorted for tomorrow.
Rick's mom called him this morning to see if I was making hot cross buns; I already told her that I was, but closer to Easter. I want to wait until she's done with her Kindle books this time, so that, when we take the Kindle back up to her with new books, I'll have the buns and her Easter candy for her at that time. Rick told her pretty much the same thing this morning. I think I'll do a small Easter basket for her with the candy, but in just chocolates.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
mail some letters and check todays mail
write some letters
have to try and get some books put away
talk to mamanyt1953

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
*Yesterday, I went down to join the Spring Cornhole League. I have not done any type of exercise since September. It felt weird.. We played one on one. My opponent was not into the game.. just wanted it to be over with.. We had about 5 no score attempts, then, I started to get int eh groove, while she just wanted the game over. That is strange, because she is so competitive. Anyway, I won... so....
~~
Today;
regular morning stuff,
Geoffrey meds, quick vacuum, etc....
Out to doctors appointment
Grabbed a spinach feta cheese croissant and a large chocolate chip cookie from Au Bon Pain, while I was at the hospital. Had that for lunch.
Took a nap, cuddling with Geoffrey for a couple of hours.
Had cheese and crackers for supper snack.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
mail some letters and check the mail
write letters to pen pals and military ladies
send messages to friends about sunday's plans
talk to mamanyt1953 when she is awake

Status
Not open for further replies.