Name Three things - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I found out today that one of my dearest friends passed away. And well, I'm in shock. I don't know what to think. He and I had been through so much together. We worked together at the paper plant, we went to school together and took the same classes, and we worked together in the planning department. I knew him for almost 32 years. He was a Pentecostal minister. Needless to say, we had a lot of "discussions" about life and about what may or may not come afterward. I loved him like a brother. I don't even know what to say.
  • We dropped Clarence off at the garage this morning for his inspection and oil change. Onto breakfast and then to Sam's for our groceries. On the way home, the garage called; Clarence was finished, passed with flying colors and the mechanic felt that he didn't need the oil changed. He looked at the oil, realized I had only driven him 500 miles since last oil change, and said it wasn't necessary. Total cost: $35.00.
  • Got home, put everything away, I got the Kindle ready for Rick's mom, and we went to the home. We had some Ghirardelli heart-shaped dark chocolates for her and some oatmeal cookies. She was happy to see us (but I think more happy to see her Kindle and her snacks).
  • Back home and got Mollipop out of "prison". She can't be trusted around Muffin when we're not home, so she or Muffin must stay in the bedroom whenever we leave the house. It was Molli's turn today. Scooped the boxes and got the laundry sorted and ready to do tomorrow morning.
I'm going to bed. I'm not in a very good frame of mind right now.
Oh, I am so sorry for your loss.. Yes, it really hits us hard.. especially when it is a close friend. ((hugs))

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry Winchester Winchester . :redheartpump:

For my 3 things:
Other than work, I went for a walk with my dogs and that was an absolute nightmare because it was icy and my dogs are not the best walkers.
I threw some pottery as well, two vases and a mug.
Currently I have some chicken breasts and twice-baked potatoes in the oven for dinner.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Took Phoebe to the vet for her free post-dental check - all good, her teeth are looking fine and she’s in very good condition for an eight year old cat. Plus she gets $360 off her next teeth cleaning!
Found the community laundry unused so managed to nip in and get the washing on, rather surprising at this yime of day.
Had lunch (okay that doesn’t count, I’m on TCS while having lunch).

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My turn to get up with the girls. I dragged my sorry butt out of bed at 7:00.
  • Breakfast for the girls (I had emptied the dishwasher last night) and am back here with my coffee.
  • Vacuum, swiffer, wipe bathroom and kitchen
  • It's supposed to be close to 50 degrees this afternoon. Dear Richard and I will spend the afternoon outside, picking up branches and such in the yard. That will give me some extra steps and floors.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work
Pick up grocery order
Clean litter boxes
Collect trash and take to curb for pick up

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • I took my Cologuard box into UPS this morning. That's done for another 3 years.
  • We have an emergency vet appt for Muffin. She has been pooping (and occasionally) peeing out of the box. This morning, we found blood in her stool. Kept the stool and we're going to vet for a 2:30 appt. It could be nothing, but it could be something serious. We're not taking any chances.
That's pretty much it.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
  • I took my Cologuard box into UPS this morning. That's done for another 3 years.
  • We have an emergency vet appt for Muffin. She has been pooping (and occasionally) peeing out of the box. This morning, we found blood in her stool. Kept the stool and we're going to vet for a 2:30 appt. It could be nothing, but it could be something serious. We're not taking any chances.
That's pretty much it.
Sending good thoughts!! Let us know how things turn out!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks guys. Most of Muffin's issues are stemming from stress, probably with Mollipop. Molli will use every chance she can to go after Muffin, even if it's often a "Psyche!" kind of thing. Then Muffin starts yowling and carrying on. But in fairness to Molli, Muffin will go after Molli, too. Molli might be in the bedroom and Muffin will sit in the bedroom doorway and just dare Molli to go by her. If Muffin is on my lap, Molli will come up behind us and sit on my shoulder, glaring at Muffin. They do their best to intimidate the hell out of each other.
Anyway, bloodwork is normal, fecal scan is normal (except for a TON of cat hair), liver is fine, kidneys are fine, heart is fine, everything is fine. I started giving her Laxatone (tuna) last night, which she hates. And I'm going to brush her every few days. I brushed her last night and she really enjoyed it....that's my fault. I used to take one cat every day and brush them and I stopped doing it.
My sister is bringing over two Feliway plugs and I bought refills from Chewy. One in the living room for Muffin and one in the bedroom for Mollipop. I don't know if they'll work, but I need to try. If things continue, the vet suggested an anti-depressant for Muffin (and maybe for Molli as well). It's been ten years since Muffin came into the house. Things have not improved. I should have tried harder to rehome her when we first got her. She's a good girl.

Rick has a cousin who's also a friend. She called me yesterday; her husband died. The funeral is private and there is no visitation. But she's going to call me after things calm down and I'll take her out for dinner and some time with just us. That's all she wants. She and her husband were no longer close. I know the back story. I offered food and such; she refused. She just wants me to take her out for dinner and talk. Just the two of us. She adores Rick, but this time, it's just me.
  • Woke up with the beginning of a headache. It's not bad, so to ward off the worst of it, I gave the girls their breakfast, emptied the dishwasher, made Rick's coffee, and went back to bed. Got back up and I feel better.
  • A couple small loads of laundry
  • Vacuum and a quick swiffer

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys. Most of Muffin's issues are stemming from stress, probably with Mollipop. Molli will use every chance she can to go after Muffin, even if it's often a "Psyche!" kind of thing. Then Muffin starts yowling and carrying on. But in fairness to Molli, Muffin will go after Molli, too. Molli might be in the bedroom and Muffin will sit in the bedroom doorway and just dare Molli to go by her. If Muffin is on my lap, Molli will come up behind us and sit on my shoulder, glaring at Muffin. They do their best to intimidate the hell out of each other.
Anyway, bloodwork is normal, fecal scan is normal (except for a TON of cat hair), liver is fine, kidneys are fine, heart is fine, everything is fine. I started giving her Laxatone (tuna) last night, which she hates. And I'm going to brush her every few days. I brushed her last night and she really enjoyed it....that's my fault. I used to take one cat every day and brush them and I stopped doing it.
My sister is bringing over two Feliway plugs and I bought refills from Chewy. One in the living room for Muffin and one in the bedroom for Mollipop. I don't know if they'll work, but I need to try. If things continue, the vet suggested an anti-depressant for Muffin (and maybe for Molli as well). It's been ten years since Muffin came into the house. Things have not improved. I should have tried harder to rehome her when we first got her. She's a good girl.

Rick has a cousin who's also a friend. She called me yesterday; her husband died. The funeral is private and there is no visitation. But she's going to call me after things calm down and I'll take her out for dinner and some time with just us. That's all she wants. She and her husband were no longer close. I know the back story. I offered food and such; she refused. She just wants me to take her out for dinner and talk. Just the two of us. She adores Rick, but this time, it's just me.
  • Woke up with the beginning of a headache. It's not bad, so to ward off the worst of it, I gave the girls their breakfast, emptied the dishwasher, made Rick's coffee, and went back to bed. Got back up and I feel better.
  • A couple small loads of laundry
  • Vacuum and a quick swiffer
Poor You... poor kitties... and your poor friend.. Too much in one day. You must be drained... At least Muffin is ok, physically.. Sending :vibes::vibes: The Feliway works...

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Clean bathrooms
Dust bedrooms
Change bedsheets
Do some laundry

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I cleaned the house yesterday and did the laundry. Today, I'm good.
  • I need to scoop the boxes (and check on Muffin's poop....still outside the box).
  • Check on the Shed plants.
  • I may spend the afternoon/early evening in the Shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.