Name Three things - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Thanks. Fortunately the follow up imaging is this Thursday and they will read everything while I wait, so not long in suspense.
Good luck to you. :hugs: I had that issue last year. The ultrasound came out OK. They did a six month follow up mammogram just to be sure and that was also OK.

- I had brought my rings to be inspected right before Christmas. I should have done it a few years ago, but then it was Covid and just never got around to it. They needed to have some prongs built up. They are ready to be picked up and I'll do that today.

- pick up a prescription

- grocery store

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick is with his mom. The doctor called him last night and said that they were planning on discharging her at some point today. She'll be going back to the nursing home. She says she feels better. She'll be on these meds for the rest of her life to help with the fluid.
  • When he gets back home, I'd like to run into the farmers' market for honey. I was going to just go by myself, but he likes to go there, too, and asked me to wait for him. There's a yeast roll recipe that I want to try and it calls for honey. I don't feel like trying to sub anything else for this.
  • Meanwhile I'm going to scoop boxes and get some things done around here.
  • Expecting an Amazon order sometime today.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 Good luck today.

Rick got to hospital yesterday morning and his mom had a raging UTI. Again. A lot of pain. She did not get discharged. Hopefully today. He stayed with her until lunch time and then came home. Then he went back up last night on his way into bowling and she was feeling better with the antibiotics. We didn't make it into the market. At this point, I have no idea what's going on. We're just waiting.

And we're trying to deal with his sister, who is being a major pain in the butt. She won't visit: she's coming down with a cold, she can't breathe, she can't walk right, she can't, she can't, she can't. When their mom had to go to ER on Sunday, she called Rick to tell him that she thought she was coming down with a cold and couldn't go to the ER. After their mom was admitted, she called Rick on Monday to tell him that it turns out she doesn't have a cold, but she's not breathing properly. And on and on. This morning, she texted Rick, but he was in bed and didn't get back to her in a timely manner. So she texted me because Rick didn't text her back. (She does that a lot.) I texted her and said that Rick was still in bed, but he'd call her when he got up. That wasn't good enough and she called me to find out why he was still in bed. Was he sick? Not feeling well? No, he just didn't get out of bed. So then she wanted to know where her mother was. She called the nursing home this morning and she wasn't there. Well, Rick called yesterday to give her an update and to tell her that she hadn't been discharged bc of the UTI. But she wanted another update. At 8:00 in the morning? I give up. And I know I'm being callous. But enough.
  • So the plan today is to go to Lowes, then Kohl's (to return something to Amazon), then to the grocery store for a few things. That's the plan anyway. We'll see what's going on with his mom first.
  • I need to clean out my car. Rick has been using the car instead of the truck and it shows. I don't know how he does it, but the poor car is a mess: paper towels, tissues, receipts, used masks, all kinds of stuff! I'm taking the car in Sunday for its inspection on Monday. And it needs to be cleaned out.
  • Rip through the house. And then check the plants in the Shed. I may spend the evening out there tonight while Rick is bowling; he is subbing for another team.

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Winchester Winchester . All clear but my nerves are shot. The process, which is done at a hospital, is additional imaging, then an ultrasound if there is still concern, and finally a biopsy. I was sent on for an ultrasound and waiting for that was really stressful but thankfully the verdict was negative. Going to have a hot bath, order in some dinner and relax.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Evelyn is back in the nursing home. Frankly, I felt safer when she was in hospital, but I know she can't stay there. We're visiting today at some point.

We're back to January weather. Very cold, although the local weather-weenie says it's just seasonal. We got spoiled with 40+ degree temps. It's windy and chilly today. Rick has been walking outside; he's already complaining about how cold it's going to be.
  • I didn't get the cleaning done yesterday because we spent more time at the stores than we had planned. I need to do some cleaning.
  • Print out my new insurance card for the car and get it in the glove compartment, along with my new car registration that just came from PennDOT. The garage guru will want those cards for inspection on Monday.
  • Take Clarence for a ride this afternoon. It's been a while.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Went this morning to do some banking and stopped by Trader Joe’s for some fresh pasta I have been wanting to try. More financial stuff when I got home and now I am going to start in on my huge laundry pile.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Going down in the basement to row shortly, which I haven’t done all week. Then I intend to play around with the new computer to see if I can figure out the built in photo editor. If it works well it will save me purchasing one. And I am going to try to finish my current puzzle.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Nothing much around here. It's cold and gusty this morning. Rick just left to visit with his mom.
  • Must scoop at some point this morning.
  • General clean-up in the house, nothing major
  • Make sure the plants are OK in the Shed with this latest cold bout. I may just spend the afternoon and early evening out there as Rick will be watching football today. (That's why he's visiting with his mom this morning....football this afternoon and tonight.)

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm having friends over for "Friendmas" so I need to do a little cleaning, cook up some ground beef (we're doing a nacho bar this time around), and then make a Jello salad (or I'll bake a cake, it depends on how lazy I get for making the dessert). I also need to finish crocheting the stuffed dragon I'm making for a friend's kid.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Another cold morning, but, thankfully, the wind has died down a bit.
  • Just scooped the boxes
  • We have to take the Tucson into the garage today for inspection tomorrow.
  • Sort laundry later on today for tomorrow
And that's it on my agenda.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Major task is to clean and straighten the walk-in hall closet. Because it’s roomy it is so easy to toss everything in there until you can’t step in without tripping on something. Tossed a bunch of bags and boxes and moved a big tub of stuff to the basement. I have a few small things on my list to get done and I want to spend some time on the computer this afternoon exploring some new programs.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It's a beautiful sunny morning and the rest of the day is to be like this. The local weatherweenie said today is to be the best day of the week. It's just gorgeous. Above freezing and very little wind.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee.
  • The first of two (possibly three) loads of laundry is in the washer. I'll change the sheets when Dear Richard gets out of bed.
  • Hopefully the car's inspection and oil change won't cost too much. Rick will call in later on today and we'll bring it home. And then I'll make an appt for Clarence's inspection, probably for next week.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Had my dr appt yesterday. Blood pressure was excellent. And he didn't yell about my weight. We talked and I told him I'm trying. Also had blood work and got the results already. Cholesterol is just where it should be, so he'll be happy about that. Sugar is a wee bit high, but he had told me at the appt yesterday that he would take my walking into consideration. I have a follow-up in May and will do another round of blood work. But overall? I am pleased. Especially about the blood pressure, which is, and has always been, a big problem for me.

And then off to Costco. The kids had given us Gold Star, so we upgraded to Business. Bought some of what we needed. I either need weird stuff or they just don't carry what I need. I did bring four dozen eggs home, so that will see me through for a while. Didn't see King Arthur flour. Off to Trader Joe's afterward, followed by an early dinner at Red Lobster (we had a gift card, so we went there). After a stop and some donuts from Duck Donuts, we headed for home. It was a nice day.
  • Breakfast for the girls, running the dishwasher now, and am back here with my coffee (I walked two miles before I even had my coffee! *patting myself on the back* But that's not going to happen every morning; coffee is too important!)
  • Visiting with Rick's mom
  • Pick up meds at Target. And then a quick stop at Giant to pick up what we couldn't get at Costco yesterday
ETA: My Penzey order just came! :bliss:

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Woke up with a blasted headache. While it's not bad (yet), it's not good. I may call it an early night tonight. I feel like crap.
It's pouring outside (which might explain the headache), but warmish. I think it's to turn to a mix tonight with a wee bit of snow tomorrow. The "big snow" is coming Sunday into Monday, or so they say. We'll see.
I keep thinking today is Friday. I'm all discombobulated.
  • Woke up at 7:30, Rick fed the girls, and I went back to bed, hoping to ward off the worst of the pain. Got back up at 9:15 and had my coffee. When I woke up again, Molli and Tabby were both in bed with me. Tabby has been feeling the chill lately. At night, after supper, she jumps into bed and then starts meowing because the electric blanket isn't turned on. I go back, apologize profusely, and turn the blanket on for her. And she curls up. You can tell when she's warming up because she starts uncurling and stretching out. Last night, Rick came home from bowling and Molli was wrapped in my arms and Muffin was stretched out over my feet. And Tabby? Lord, that girl is long! She was completely stretched out from paws to tail and I swear she took up half the bed!
  • My copy of The Cabinet of Doctor Leng (Preston/Child) should be here today. I'm excited, but won't get to read it today. If you like Agent Pendergast, sign up for the Preston/Child newslettler. It's pretty good.
  • We didn't make it to Target, etc. yesterday, so will try today. I'd like to go; I think I need some fresh air, even if it is rainy fresh air.

Status
Not open for further replies.