Name Three things - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester We did have power, thanks to the whole house generator. Just no Internet.

Call from dentist at 9:00 a.m. this morning - they have a cancellation if I want to come in today rather than tomorrow for the broken filling. You bet, sooner is better, right? So I scurried around and got there by 10:00 a.m. Need a crown. Was there for about 90 minutes, go back in 2 weeks for the permanent. Lip still numb so I think a smoothie for lunch is a pragmatic idea.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
play my music after hubs has left for work
talk to mamanyt1953 when she is up
try to wake up some after not really sleeping at all

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
game misconduct game misconduct I'm sorry. It's really hard when it's our parents. I can understand your GF's father having difficulty with her mom now. It takes its toll. Sending your GF a big :hugs:

More rain last night, but this morning is sunny and beautiful. It's a gorgeous day.
Rick took the TWT down yesterday for me and everything from the Shed is back in the basement.
  • A quick vacuum about the house. Need to straighten up a bit.
  • A quick vacuum in the Shed. Check and water the plants. The violets are blooming again. The Christmas cactus is also blooming again, but this time with only one bloom! That's it! Just the one. I also need to move things around a bit, since the TWT is no longer out there.
  • Sort laundry for tomorrow.
Not a very interesting day.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
drown out the hubs snoring with loud music on my headphones
want to mail husband to timbuktuu so that he can snore there and not here

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I would post a pic of day 3 of our snowstorm but after spending an hour clearing the patio and drive yesterday afternoon it snowed again overnight and now it looks exactly like it did yesterday morning, including the feeders. I will reluctantly put on the snow gear again some time this morning and clear everything again.

Update: Whining is done, driveway and patio are thoroughly cleared. It took almost an hour and half but it feels good to not be closed in by snow. I think we are done with snow for at least a week.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We spent yesterday taking down Christmas stuff. Rick took the outside lights down and brought our Santa into the basement. Mr. Snowman will stay out for a while yet; he's over by the Shed. And spent the evening taking the living room tree down. After we got all the totes down to the basement and Rick took the tree apart, bagged it up, and took it down to the basement, I vacuumed the living room and we re-arranged furniture. Brought the cat tree back out to the kitchen. We still have garland and lights in the kitchen to take down, probably today. We'll keep snowman and sleigh stuff out and most of my Winterberry is still in the kitchen.
  • Breakfast for the girls, running the dishwasher now, and am back here with my coffee
  • Two small loads of laundry.
  • A good vacuum throughout the house

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
C catapault he does not have medical insurance hun . im the only one with medicaid and i dont know if they would give him insurance
sorry, playing devils advocate here... How can your husband have a job and NOT have medical Insurance? That does not sound right. It sounds as if it is a game someone is playing with you.. Your husband needs to get this checked out.
He has to have some type of medical insurance. No one in this country, especially one who is working does not have access to medical insurance... It will will not be free, but your husband will have it..
If I remember correctly, he is a corrections officer---- they have good benefits..

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom no he is not a corrections officer lol he works at a conveint store . i sent in a application to try to get him medicaid but im not too positive that he will get it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
cardio doc visit around 10 am then off to check out some covalescent homes for gf's mom :(those places are really expensive same with 24 hour live in care givers.
Good luck with both. When I had to put my mother in Assisted Living a few years ago I thought there had to be a mistake when they told me the price. :(

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Dropped off an Amazon return and a dog food donation. Road are still compacted ice/snow but drivable if you stick to main ones. Finishing the morning cleaning Lola’s room and washing cat blankets.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rang My Aged Care about the procedures when I eventually need to put Mum in a nursing home
Getting on with knitting a winter jumper that won’t be worn for months
Helped find a friend’s dog who’d vanished (and was back at her door with a “where is everyone?” expression)

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom no he is not a corrections officer lol he works at a conveint store . i sent in a application to try to get him medicaid but im not too positive that he will get it
Sorry iif I sounded nasty.. but.. something is not right here. Not at all.. I am not talking FREE Medicaid. I am talking any type of health insurance..
Even the type you have to pay a premium for..
I would contact the State's Insurance Commissioner to see what is available for him.. It is NOT up to YOU to do. This does not sound right. Currently, In the USA, NO ONE should be ineligible for health insurance of any sort.. NO ONE>.

And your husband is the one who should be pursuing this.. not you.. lots of red alarms here....

If he and you insist you cannot get insurance coverage.. go to an Emergency Room for care... YES>>> That is when the Ball will get rolling.. Your husband will not have any excuses after that... The admissions office will start the ball rolling, along with the financial aide office and Social Services.. NO EXCUSES.... I worked my entire life in the medical field.
I have seen it all..

FWIW--- and still on my steroid 'roid rage: Your husband is severely taking advantage of you.. being a slug.. and not caring for your welfare. Do not allow him to bull crap you... which is exactly what he is doing.. being a slug on your account.. You can do better.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Not doing much today.
  • I want to go through the pantry closet to take note of what I might need for our Costco trip. And then go down to the basement and do the same thing on the shelves. Check on the supply of cat food for the girls to see when I need to do a Chewy order. That's in the basement, too, except for the cat food that we bring up every Sunday for the week. I know we have a lot of Beef and Liver; for some reason, the girls went on a "Oh, we hate Beef and Liver!" kick to match their "Oh, we don't like Country Style!" and their "We don't eat Poultry Platter!" kicks.
  • Start going through my Healthy Cooking (Taste of Home) cookbooks for inspiration for menus for the next week. I used to do that when I was working and I knew every day what we were having. I need to get into doing that. It's easier when I know what I'm making and it's also a lot less calories than trying to figure it out every day.
  • Spend the afternoon in the Shed while Rick watches a bit of football.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I wrestled the hard drive out of my old computer and will take the remainder to Best Buy for recycling this weekend. I have to wreck the hard drive but havent found the right screwdriver yet to open it. Might stop at the fabric store to look for something to recover my office foot stool with. It sure would be nice if I wasn’t short and my feet didn’t dangle when I sit in a chair. And while I am out I need (a lot) more ice melt.

Status
Not open for further replies.