Name Three things - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Lazy-ish day... taking my time.. I finally finished up morning stuff.. medicating Geoffrey.. moved sofa and recliner, and some stuff to proper winter spots; put pans away...
Stopped several times to cuddle with Geoffrey.. He loved it.. purring so hard, he sounded as if he was a buzz saw. sweet baby.

Probably shower now, go downstairs, grab some decaf coffee, and maybe pick up a small frozen pizza, for either today or tomorrow. I should go out and pick up script, but I do not feel like it.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Bright and sunny this morning. It's brisk, but not bad.
  • Slept like a log again last night. Awakened around 6:30, dropped back off after Rick got up, and never awakened again until going on 9. I'll take it. Drinking my coffee now, after giving the girls their after-breakfast breakfast.
  • A load of laundry is in the washer.
  • Today will be a day of decorating. I did get a few things done in the kitchen yesterday. Not a lot of Winterberry this year. And we're not putting up the TWT in the Shed this year. I wanted to put the TWT in the kitchen, but got a resounding NO! to that.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night, I deep cleaned the boys' bathroom and my bedroom.

Today....
Deep cleaned my bathroom and foyer.

Put Christmas lights outside. Best to do it now than next weekend when it might be a lot colder.

Change out bedding and towels

May cave and deep clean kitchen and living room so I can decorate for Christmas but am trying to hold out until next weekend.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was annual cookie baking with my son and his girlfriend. We started a few years ago because he wanted Christmas cookies and his girlfriend apparently never learned to bake. The first year I had to explain things like you need to use actual measuring cups for flour and sugar because using a glass liquid measuring cup for flour isnt quite as exact as cookies require. She has learned a great deal but still has a way to go so every year I go over and basically have a baking class while we make different kinds of cookies. It’s an enjoyable day that we all look forward to.

Pretty much nothing else will get done today.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Up early for Mass
*during morning, in-between errands, do regular morning stuff.
*medicate Geoffrey-- he needs laxatone today. No bm...
* Mass
* grocery store-- what to make for supper--- last of leftovers... and what to make for the week?
* pick up script
* cemetery, while the weather is fairly good

Up early.. did not sleep well. Sundays, On days when I get up early, I usually lie down on my bed, with Geoffrey; covered, and take a nap. I feel one today...

Tonight is going to be a bad rain, wind storm. Need to decide on something for supper for the week..
Pardon grammar, I am still half asleep.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It's chilly this morning. More clouds than sun. We're still keeping the front door open on those sunny days, so the sun can shine in. Tabby loves to sleep in the sun on the steps.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee. Molli is back here, too, on the cat tree. Will scoop in a bit.
  • Wipe kitchen and bathroom.
  • More decorating this afternoon. Not a lot, just a few things, basically in the kitchen. Still waiting on Rick to put up the tree.
  • Followed by a good vacuuming, swiffer, etc.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I missed my rowing workout yesterday so first thing on list is to go down and get some time in. It stretches out my back and I always feel more relaxed when I am done. Then I am declaring it a ”pick up” day where the task is to go through every room and move everything that is out of place back to its spot. I will probably do some dusting and vacuuming when I am done.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not much on the agenda today because I got so much done yesterday. I had to spot my son climbing the ladder to get on the roof to blow off all the leaves that collected in the gutters. Also have to vacuum the house and mop kitchen floor.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Earlier this morning Himself dropped the small glass for his orange juice - fortunately empty - and it exploded. At least that's what I think because there were shards of glass of various sizes all over the kitchen floor and into the hallway. Picked up, swept up, then finished up by mopping up.

It's a cold morning so it seems as if I'm putting more firewood into the stove quite frequently, more so than ever. Himself topped up the upstairs wood rack, then refilled the storage rack in the basement.

Will bake some cookies this afternoon - Himself will want his ever favorite chocolate chip. And as long as the oven is hot I'll bake the last of the leftover dough for chocolate mint thins and chocolate chocolate chip.

My car was temperamental when I wanted to just back it out of the garage yesterday. Spare fob wouldn't work at all, fob I keep in my purse did but "low battery" light was blinking on the dash. Oh joy, I need a new car battery. So car is hooked up to charger for the weekend, I'll call garage tomorrow and see when they can get to it. And tomorrow morning I have an appointment with the dentist, was planning to go to Wal-mart and Shoprite afterwards. Let's see how it goes. Oh joy. Not.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Feeling much more organized after spending most of yesterday picking up. When I am doing that I try to stick to putting things away and not getting distracted by cleaning or bigger projects but when I finished I just had to do something about my utility closet. It’s where the waste bins, cleaning tools and cleaning products are stored and it was just bursting at the seams. Dont know when I cleaned it out last but from the things found, it was way way pre COVID. So many products I don’t use and won’t ever use, big assortment of empty bottles I was saving for some unknown reason and a ton of bottles with a tiny bit left in them. Flashlight collection I don’t use any more because I now have rechargeable etc. I must have tossed 50 percent of what was in there and I also found some things I have been looking for like Scotchgard waterproofing spray for my boots. After I finished I made a Target run and I was exhausted and done for the day.

Because of the closet project I didn’t get to vacuuming so that and washing floors on todays list. I also need to do a load of towels.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Car dropped off at garage. They might be able to replace its battery today but 1) they are booking regular appointments 3 weeks out and 2) it is the first day after the holiday weekend. Himself is going to 1) take me for dental appointment mid-morning and is willing to 2) take me to Wal-Mart and Shoprite afterwards. But I don't know if I feel like shopping.

Bed stripped and sheets in washing machine so clearly they will then need to go into dryer. And bed will need made before we get into it tonight. Duh!

Perhaps get a few holiday decorations out. Or maybe not.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Cloudy and dreary this morning. Bleah. Cold, too.
  • Hospital appt early this morning, followed by Rick taking me out to breakfast.
  • Did a bit of online shopping. I needed a few things from Penzey and did an order to Thriftbooks. The nurse who took blood this morning and I were talking about books. He recommended Orson Scott Card, so I went to Thriftbooks to check him out and order a few of his books.
  • Rick is napping and I'm considering a nap myself.
Tomorrow is another day.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, turns out it wasn't my car's battery. The cover for the spare fob had become disloged so its battery wasn't making contact. But - since the car's battery was last replaced in November 2017 it is on borrowed time and since the car is already at the shop - replace it. Because we all know the battery would decide to die in January when I was away from home and it would be cold and no doubt also snowing.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, turns out it wasn't my car's battery. The cover for the spare fob had become disloged so its battery wasn't making contact. But - since the car's battery was last replaced in November 2017 it is on borrowed time and since the car is already at the shop - replace it. Because we all know the battery would decide to die in January when I was away from home and it would be cold and no doubt also snowing.
Good decision. Up here, a new car battery lasts about three and a replacement battery could easily need replacement by five years.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 I agree with you. And when we got to the shop John asked for both fobs and replaced their batteries also. They were newish but he said it was something he would do for his car so he wanted to do it for mine. Good guy. Glad I brought cookies when we went to pick up my car.

This morning I did the usual minor chores that come with the day's start: made bed, fed cats, put out bird feeders, wound clock, built a fire in the stove. And then had my coffee.

Shortly depart to finally get to Wal-Mart and Shoprite with the ever lengthening list.

Chewy's cat food order arrives today. Another box for my friend, along with those flattened and in the garage. She'll keep them for use under mulch in her vegetable garden next year.

Publisher pleased with the most recent book review on my site. Gave me a code to include so readers can receive 30% off on all their books + free shipping, good until mid-December. Guess they like what I'm doing.

Now to evict Domino from my lap, clean litter box, check list, and off to the stores.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Noticed this morning that my peanut feeder was in pieces on the ground so I suspect raccoons were visiting last night. These Brome feeders are expensive with a great warranty but I think this one is just about done. I have a list of purchases that will come after the first of the year and the feeder will be on it. But I did bring it in and will try to get it back together, hopefully for the last time.

I don’t really have anything I must do today so I am thinking I may go out looking at ranges and clothes dryers to start comparing models. I am pretty sure on the dryer I want but not a clue yet on the range.

Status
Not open for further replies.