Name Three things - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Hope you are doing OK, MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 .

We FINALLY got our last Covid vaccine yesterday. We were on the list before, but they cancelled our appt because they didn't have the supply of the new vaccine in yet. And then we had trouble re-scheduling due to one thing after another. Finally got it yesterday. Rick is really re-acting to his; IIRC, he had a bad reaction the last time, too. I'm fine, other than a sore arm.
Rained last night and it brought in a cold, very windy front. It's just nasty outside. No outside work today. I have a feeling Dear Richard will be on the couch in front of the tv, watching football all day.
  • Breakfast for the girls, running the dishwasher now, and am back here with my coffee. I'll need to scoop.
  • Still working on the laundry from yesterday.
  • Must throw some dough together for stromboli tonight for dinner.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got the bedding changed on youngest's bed before I even ate my bowl of cereal. Decided to pull the bed away from the wall to see how bad it was. IT WAS BAD!! Did a quick vacuum and there was so much cat hair in the cannister. So happy I got that done.

Ate my cereal before starting Saturday chores...

Change sheets on all the beds except oldest (he washes his own when he chooses)
Clean bathrooms
Dust bedrooms
Wash bedding and towels

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Another waiting for deliveries day. I have something being delivered by UPS and they are the absolute worst. They are as likely to deliver my package to one of my neighbors as they are to get it me so I need to watch for the truck. Another couple deliveries are USPS which is generally good and the last is a pickup at an Amazon locker.

This morning I worked on transferring pictures from my IPad to my computer. Getting them over to the computer is easy but getting them sorted to the right folder is time consuming. IMO Microsoft bunged up their file folder management system in Windows 11.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope you are doing OK, MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 .
I am doing a lot better now. Wednesday was awful, but I felt significantly better on Thursday and Friday.

My plans today include doing some pottery, maybe putting up my Christmas tree, and then doing a little cleaning. I'm in quarantine until tomorrow night, so it looks like I'm not taking the dogs to the dog park this weekend. I have all of next week off (aside from my second job shifts on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday), so I have plenty of time to take them.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was - let's call it a so-so day, mostly good news.

Our granddaughter in Texas had her thyroidectomy for thyroid cancer yesterday. Despite anti-nausea drugs in her I.V. she had projectile vomiting, developed a migraine. Brought under control and discharged from the hospital today as planned, going to our daughter / her mother's house for a week where husband and little boy will stay with her.

She also insisted that her mother follow through on plans for family Thanksgiving here in New Jersey so our daughter will fly out on Tuesday, help cook on Wednesday, Thanksgiving on Thursday, brunch on Friday, and return to Texas on the weekend. Our son-in-law will remain in Texas.

Man who hunts our property came to visit this afternoon with his lady friend, bringing some frozen venison from a doe he got elsewhere, and a very nice apple tart with a crumb crust (sort of like what I'd make for cheesecake.) We sat around eating cake, drinking tea or coffee (from individual packages of instant double cappuccino) and talking about this and that and other things. He'll come on Monday and Tuesday to hunt.

Intermittently I worked on the book review for my blog.

And that was pretty much my day.

Last edited:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was - let's call it a so-so day, mostly good news.

Our granddaughter in Texas had her thyroidectomy for thyroid cancer yesterday. Despite anti-nausea drugs in her I.V. she had projectile vomiting, developed a migraine. Brought under control and discharged from the hospital today as planned, going to our daughter / her mother's house for a week where husband and little boy will stay with her.

She also insisted that her mother follow through on plans for family Thanksgiving here in New Jersey so our daughter will fly out on Tuesday, help cook on Wednesday, Thanksgiving on Thursday, brunch on Friday, and return to Texas on the weekend. Our son-in-law will remain in Texas.

Man who hunts our property came to visit this afternoon with his lady friend, bringing some frozen venison from a doe he got elsewhere, and a very nice apple tart with a crumb crust (sort of like what I'd make for cheesecake.) We sat around eating cake, drinking tea or coffee (from individual packages of instant double cappuccino) and talking about this and that and other things. He'll come on Monday and Tuesday to hunt.

Intermittently I worked on the book review for my blog.

And that was pretty much my day.
Prayers for you and your family -a quick and full recovery & restoration for your daughter....So she'll be able
fly out for Thanksgiving? Bless her heart,I wish you all a wonderful Day Giving Thanks together

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure about what to do today -probably boot up the work computer and see what I can knock off fairly quickly, probably take a swim and maybe a walk.
How was the wedding?
At least the storms left,is it nice by you - it's really nice here today ,finally no wind & rain!

No clue what I'll do today--- yesterday I cooked several things to portion and freeze- did the laundry and other stuff I couldn't do but now after the double dose cortisone I feel a bit like superwoman!

Gunther4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How was the wedding?
At least the storms left,is it nice by you - it's really nice here today ,finally no wind & rain!

No clue what I'll do today--- yesterday I cooked several things to portion and freeze- did the laundry and other stuff I couldn't do but now after the double dose cortisone I feel a bit like superwoman!
We will talk about the wedding..lol but Bride and Groom are very happy and she was just beautiful. Weather looks like it's going to be decent. Glad to hear you are feeling better...so weird to think we will be back down here in about 2 weeks. Little too close together trips but such is life.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kwik Kwik Thank you for all the good wishes. A clarification - it is granddaughter who had the surgery, it is her mother who is our daughter who will be flying to NJ for Thanksgiving.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
C catapault Cancer sucks little green worms. I wish your granddaughter the very best.

Easy day today. Rick is feeling much better today, thankfully. He had me worried. The sun is shining and it's beautiful outside. He's getting his fantasy football stuff together and then will hang outside to finish off that last flower bed.
  • His turn to get up with the cats. Molli and Tabby came back to bed and we lounged until I dragged my lazy butt out of bed around 8:30. Gave everybody their after-breakfast breakfast and am back here with the remnants of my coffee. Must scoop.
  • Work in the kitchen a bit. My kitchen has gotten cluttered and I don't know what to do anymore.
  • Sweep the Deck and rake leaves over by the Shed. That darn maple tree is being very slow at releasing her leaves! I think she is the only one left in the yard. A few here and there, just enough that they must be raked. Drag the loads of leaves onto the tarp, then take the tarp up to the garden a few times.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Kwik Kwik Thank you for all the good wishes. A clarification - it is granddaughter who had the surgery, it is her mother who is our daughter who will be flying to NJ for Thanksgiving.
I see,so she'll be staying with her Dad in Texas and instisted her Mom go to NJ-isnt she something!That's the sweetest most considerate thing-I know without a shadow of doubt her Blessings will be 100fold!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Kwik Kwik I know that her husband will also be there with her in Texas but not sure about her 9 year old son. He might be staying elsewhere, with his dad.
She could use all the rest she can get-might be really good if her little guy enjoys some Dad time right now-being a cancer patient myself as much as we love being with family it's alot-

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is my last day of quarantine. I'm not doing a lot outside of my house, but I am picking up an auction I won, stopping by my parents' house since the auction pickup is only a few minutes away (my parents live 45 minutes away, so not stopping by seems rude ;) and they also tested positive for Covid like me), and then I might be working on some pottery again.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Just little bit of everything today. Stopped at the grocery store for a few things, picked up the last of my online orders, and made a thrift store visit. Spent a good deal of time trying to fix the peanut feeder that some large animal must have bitten and bent. Put away the rakes and moved the snow shovels and ice chopper to the front of the garage. Since I put new gutters on the front of the garage this spring, I am really really hoping the ice chopper won’t be needed as much.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tired this morning. I could not fall asleep last night and, when I finally did, somebody threw up a hairball. Found it, cleaned it, and then lay awake again for quite a while. The girls started fussing around 5:30, so that was my night. I could use a nap.
  • Breakfast for the girls, no dishwasher to empty (will run it on Express after we have our coffee), and am back here with Molli on the cat tree and my coffee.
  • Time to make the cranberry relish. A pint for me and a pint for my sister with the rest in the freezer for Christmas.
  • Get the laundry ready tonight for tomorrow.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Tired this morning. I could not fall asleep last night and, when I finally did, somebody threw up a hairball. Found it, cleaned it, and then lay awake again for quite a while. The girls started fussing around 5:30, so that was my night. I could use a nap.
  • Breakfast for the girls, no dishwasher to empty (will run it on Express after we have our coffee), and am back here with Molli on the cat tree and my coffee.
  • Time to make the cranberry relish. A pint for me and a pint for my sister with the rest in the freezer for Christmas.
  • Get the laundry ready tonight for tomorrow.
Better they woke you up rather than finding it by stepping on it ---- especially when your just getting out of bed barefoot- yuk!😝

Status
Not open for further replies.