Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today before I even had my coffee I

Emptied soil from two outdoor ceramic pots, large and larger, before they freeze absolutely solid. I could carefully shovel out chunks, then more. Should have done this much sooner - we have had weather down to the 20s Fahrenheit at night but the last couple of days were warm so I figured this was my last chance.

Want (actually need) to bake the third and last batch of fruitcake.

Two long lasting cookies that are baked now - Lebkuchen - need to buy honey for that as I only have some from the farm for with my tea. Springerle - anise cookie and a favorite of mine. Probably not today, but soon. Then decide about others. I have a small, old Christmas cookie cook book that I just love. Not only recipes but also stories about her family and baking cookies. Even with all the once-a-year special cookies I'll be making I still made a batch of chocolate chip cookies for Himself yesterday - his favorite of them all.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I ended up with the Headache from Hell yesterday and got absolutely nothing done. After posting on here in the morning, my head exploded and I went back to bed. Got up around noon, puked my guts out, grabbed a quick shower, and went back to bed. Got back up last night, stayed up for a couple of hours, and went back to bed. This is wearing thin and I'm starting to get very tired of it all. I can understand why people commit suicide from pain. At some point, it gets to be ridiculous! No, I'm not going to do anything stupid. Honest. But I'm tired of dealing with it. One of these days, I'm going to try some Advil again, just to see what happens. Going without something for the pain is simply stupid and I'm tired of that, too. There has to be something, other than Oxy; actually I've got a good supply of Oxy I got when I had the meniscus surgery and I've never touched it. But something has to give.

Got up this morning and still have it, but it's not nearly as bad as it was.
  • Stopped at Cracker Barrel for a bit of breakfast. (You know it's bad when I don't eat much and only drink one cup of coffee.) Headed over for a major grocery shopping trip at Sam's Club, lots of baking items, lots of butter, etc. Came back, cleaned the car out, put everything away, and then went down to Target to pick up meds.
  • Came back and I decided to take Clarence out for a spin. We just drove around for a while, listened to music (not loud) and then came back home. We haven't been out for a while. I wanted to take him grocery shopping, but Rick wouldn't hear of it. He doesn't trust him. And I do. I'd take the boy anywhere and not worry. Rick....not so much.
  • My SIL called me. She has 50 pounds of King Arthur flour for me. $30 for the bag. Not bad at all. I'll go down on Thursday to pick it up. I was down to my last 5 pound bag in the freezer, plus a couple 5-pound bags of Gold Medal that I bought when it was on sale for a good price, so this was fortunate for me.
ETA: My brother and SIL decided they needed to get out of the house, so they brought my flour up to me. Now that's service!

Last edited:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stripped bed, washed / dried sheets. Washed / dried dark load. Washed white load and left for shopping. Now back, need to take darks out of dryer and start drying whites. And wash a load of jeans.

Went to Wal-Mart. Crowded. Did find kitchen matches - had to ask two different staff where they were hidden. Peanut butter. Honey. Bananas. English muffin. Bleach. You know, important stuff. But couldn't find freezer tape.

To Costco. Box of Oxyclean. Frozen shrimp. Didn't like the tilapia so bought one of their roasted barbecue chickens at give away price. Once home I stripped the meat off the carcass, refrigerated it. Broke carcass apart and started making broth - celery, carrot, onion. Should be done by the time this afternoon Himself wants to collect garbage and take can down to street for early tomorrow pick up.

Before leaving Costco site I stopped for fuel - had them fill a 5 gallon gas can of premium for ATV, lawn mower, etc. As long as I was there I had them top up my car with regular. Just under 5 gallons but hey, I was there and

Tomorrow have a lengthy drive to NY Botanic Garden for gratis visit to holiday train show. It's always fabulous. The media preview this year was after dark so press could also see GLOW. I didn't want to drive 2 hours home in the dark. And as it turned out it was raining that evening too. So tomorrow will be better all around. Traffic permitting and if it isn't crowded on site.

Holiday Train Show_2022-11_library building and train.jpg . Holiday Train Show_2022-11_row houses.jpg

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
mailed my huge load of mail in the outgoing box , checked the mail
paid the rent for the month
write my letters
talk to mamanyt1953 later
finish getting ready for laundry day

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Human. Thank you. I'm glad you're getting your eyes done. You won't regret it.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and went back to bed. Up and enjoying my coffee. I am so tired.
  • I think we'll decorate the tree in the living room this afternoon. I'll have to see what plans Rick might have first. I know he was thinking about putting lights up outside, but we are to get absolutely horrible wind tomorrow (that may uproot trees) and Thursday, so he's been thinking about waiting.
  • If not, I'll go out to the Shed and do the TWT. I was going to do it the other day, and, well, I'm not handling Christmas well this year. Everything seems like a hassle. I was out there last night, but plopped my butt in the rocker and that's where it stayed.
Don't feel like cooking, don't feel like baking, don't feel like decorating.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
*up-- actually, turned over, took wrist brace off. This is the sign for Geoffrey that it is time to get up. He comes over to my face, purring, and rubbing my arm, which is up out of the covers. He takes a nip or 2, then I say--NO.. He gets angry, jumps down, then if I do not get up, he jumps back up, and YELLS at me, to get up!!
*played a bit
*medicated him, washed dishes
*rotated mattress-- overdue for it, by almost 3 months due to injuries
* changed sheets,
*Vacuumed
* got a phone call
*Out for a prescription and some stuff
*Physical Therapy-- needed it.
*back home--- wiped out. I did not sleep all that well last night. I was cold, but refused to get up to shut window tight.
** cuddled with Geoffrey for an hour or so.
*on line here
**on my way out to book club at 3pm..
Then I will get into pjs early, heat up some soup, and just be....
That is enough for today...

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
*up-- actually, turned over, took wrist brace off. This is the sign for Geoffrey that it is time to get up. He comes over to my face, purring, and rubbing my arm, which is up out of the covers. He takes a nip or 2, then I say--NO.. He gets angry, jumps down, then if I do not get up, he jumps back up, and YELLS at me, to get up!!
*played a bit
*medicated him, washed dishes
*rotated mattress-- overdue for it, by almost 3 months due to injuries
* changed sheets,
*Vacuumed
* got a phone call
*Out for a prescription and some stuff
*Physical Therapy-- needed it.
*back home--- wiped out. I did not sleep all that well last night. I was cold, but refused to get up to shut window tight.
** cuddled with Geoffrey for an hour or so.
*on line here
**on my way out to book club at 3pm..
Then I will get into pjs early, heat up some soup, and just be....
That is enough for today...
J could just kiss G;s face forever,,,sweet boy..so adorable💖

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Are you feeling better this morning? I hope so!

I feel well this morning! Ready to tear into the world! (Well, maybe not the world, but my little house in the world.)
We got the tree in the living room decorated yesterday into last night. It looks nice. Muffin won't leave it alone. Rick got so used to saying No, Muffin that last night I heard him say N-uffin. :lol: So now Muffin has a new name. Much like Mollipop being called Molli-Stop, Muffin is now N-uffin. She's the worst one with the tree. And the annual tradition has started. Once a cat takes an ornament off the tree, we don't put it back on. We put it in a bowl. By the end of the Christmas season, the bottom foot or so of the tree will be bare. It's their way of "helping" us take the decorations off the tree.

It's raining and it's gusty. We're not under the wind watch; that's basically in northeastern PA. But we're still really windy. And it's pouring.
  • Slept until 9 this morning. Rick got up with the girls; after breakfast Molli decided the bedroom was the place to be. She jumped into bed, came over to me, and cuddled up tight. I was going to get up, but well, how do you leave a cuddling cat? And we both fell asleep again. And the way I've felt lately since Sunday, sleep is good.
  • My brother and SIL invited us out to late lunch/early dinner at one of their favorite restaurants. He has physical therapy in that area, so we'll meet after his PT session. And that means I don't have to make dinner.
  • Rick is bowling tonight. While he's out, I'm going to make the batter for chocolate crinkles and for sand tarts. I can bake them up tomorrow.
Rick's mom called him last night. She asked him if I had make any chocolate crinkles yet. He said I hadn't gotten them done yet. His mom: She IS retired, isn't she? Why isn't she making cookies?
:angrywoman: I know, she's 101 years old. I know that. But :sigh:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Are you feeling better this morning? I hope so!

I feel well this morning! Ready to tear into the world! (Well, maybe not the world, but my little house in the world.)
We got the tree in the living room decorated yesterday into last night. It looks nice. Muffin won't leave it alone. Rick got so used to saying No, Muffin that last night I heard him say N-uffin. :lol: So now Muffin has a new name. Much like Mollipop being called Molli-Stop, Muffin is now N-uffin. She's the worst one with the tree. And the annual tradition has started. Once a cat takes an ornament off the tree, we don't put it back on. We put it in a bowl. By the end of the Christmas season, the bottom foot or so of the tree will be bare. It's their way of "helping" us take the decorations off the tree.

It's raining and it's gusty. We're not under the wind watch; that's basically in northeastern PA. But we're still really windy. And it's pouring.
  • Slept until 9 this morning. Rick got up with the girls; after breakfast Molli decided the bedroom was the place to be. She jumped into bed, came over to me, and cuddled up tight. I was going to get up, but well, how do you leave a cuddling cat? And we both fell asleep again. And the way I've felt lately since Sunday, sleep is good.
  • My brother and SIL invited us out to late lunch/early dinner at one of their favorite restaurants. He has physical therapy in that area, so we'll meet after his PT session. And that means I don't have to make dinner.
  • Rick is bowling tonight. While he's out, I'm going to make the batter for chocolate crinkles and for sand tarts. I can bake them up tomorrow.
Rick's mom called him last night. She asked him if I had make any chocolate crinkles yet. He said I hadn't gotten them done yet. His mom: She IS retired, isn't she? Why isn't she making cookies?
:angrywoman: I know, she's 101 years old. I know that. But :sigh:
Glad you are feeling better.... I know, Evelyn can be demanding; but..

We just lost a lovely, sweet, kind person in here.. at age 97.. She really liked me. I really liked her. The last time I saw her she took my hand, and wished me a very wonderful Thanksgiving-- in case she did not see me just before the holiday. She always told me how she loved my articles in the newspaper, and kept asking when the next edition was coming out...
My heart sank, when I heard she passed; another funeral to attend. Man, it does not pay to even try to get acquainted with anyone in here...

I kind of lost it yesterday with the book club. I mean, they decided to read one of my favorite books.. a fantasy.. NO ONE read it.. well, one did, one member read it years ago, and loved it. The new member who read it, was not even there. I mean, how, how, do people belong to a book club, fail to read a book they all agreed on before hand!! I was exhausted, late to the meeting and lost it. I started out by asking, "How many read the book? If you did not, they what was your reasoning for NOT reading it? preconceived notions? Why????": and I was off. I did lose it with one really senior person, who is demanding, and loud, only wanted to talk about herself, and her life, and what she lost..Not listening to how she misinterpreted what I said. and another member was making faces behind her back..

OMG. It is like kindergarten in here!! I mean it.. It was really a Sh%% Show.. I gave up. Another member told me not to feel bad about anything. To let it all go, it was not worth it..

I did order the next book, because it did sound interesting to me. But I am out of this club. It is dwindling down fast.

In many ways, I wish I was not living here. In many ways, it is good to live here. I am still one of the younger residents, and definitely one of the very few who has an open mind, and is young thinking.

I am wiped out. I wish I could get a good nights sleep. I thought I would last night, because new sheets, turned mattress, but my next door neighbor sleeps on her sofa!! and her TV is mounted on the wall where the head of my bed is (shared wall).. She keeps the TV on, until 2, 3 in the morning.. I am a light sleeper, and not deaf. She refuses to use her bed. The bed is for her dog!!
I even have the air cleaner on high, to try to drone out the murmuring .. nope..
Trying to be a good neighbor, as this woman can be @itchy... She is the owner of the demon dog.. but....

*up early for an appointment for the car--- remote start not working.. dam.. I would rather deal with a private shop rather than the dealership. The cold weather is just about here. I need the remote start.
*abbreviated morning stuff-- medicated Geoffrey
*stopped at Deli for some stuff--- food on menu is gross this week-- as it usually is, but worse.
* would love to take a nap with G, but.. laundry needs to be done.. good day for it.

As I was driving home, I drove through the rain. It is starting, not much where I live, but it is on it's way. We are expecting not a ton of rain, but very gusty winds until Thursday night.. then back again over the weekend.

Sipping a second cup of coffee; before I give Geoffrey his chemo capsule... and run out for laundry.. The sooner begun, the sooner it is over with. Will change clothes into hang around clothes.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
write 3 letters
talk to mamanyt1953 when she is online later
work on my new project later
if anything should present itself to me then i might do that too later

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
!

We just lost a lovely, sweet, kind person in here.. at age 97.
My heart sank, when I heard she passed; another funeral to attend. Man, it does not pay to even try to get acquainted with anyone in here...
I know how you feel. Yesterday a lady that I became attached to passed away at the age of 96.
Two weeks ago another lady died that I was close to. She turned 100 in September. A lady that was my best friend here moved to NH on Tuesday to a Nursing Home to be near her daughter. She was the only resident here that I could have a real conversation with. I really miss her so bad. It makes me not to want to get close to anyone here because it never ends well.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Cindy, I'm so sorry for your loss. That is so sad. I hope you can get some sleep. Maybe you could start smacking the shared wall, accidentally, of course. You know, tossing and turning in bed and your hands hit the wall. More than once. Or twice. Can you move your bed around to a different spot in your room? That's too bad about your book club. And I hear you about your remote starter. Best thing ever!

muffy muffy It is hard to get attached to people in a facility like that.

Really gusty yesterday with a lot of rain. The local weather-weenie said we only got about a quarter of an inch. I don't know, we had a pretty large puddle down at the end of our driveway for only .25 inch. The wind continued into the night last night and it's still quite breezy.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee.
  • The first of three loads of laundry is in the washer. I changed the bed sheets yesterday and they'll get washed today.
  • Get Rick's mom's Kindle ready to get back to her. I haven't been up for a good visit since she's been sick again (they had another round of Covid and she had a mild case of pneumonia again). That place scares the hell out of me Covid-wise, even with a mask.
  • Bake the chocolate crinkles and the sand tarts today. I'd really like to make those filled raisin cookies, too. They keep calling to me. I'll see how things go.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Cindy, I'm so sorry for your loss. That is so sad. I hope you can get some sleep. Maybe you could start smacking the shared wall, accidentally, of course. You know, tossing and turning in bed and your hands hit the wall. More than once. Or twice. Can you move your bed around to a different spot in your room? That's too bad about your book club. And I hear you about your remote starter. Best thing ever!
Problem is, as many people in here are: She is Clueless! Really Clueless..I mean, to be charitable, she has 'lost it' as I am saying to describe so many people in here. If I Knock on her door, the demon dog starts! and does not stop for a half hour! She will deny things, and get nasty--she has a nasty side. Knocking on the wall, will not do it. She is really clueless. I mean who else would give the dog the bed, allow it to pee and poop all over the apartment, especially on the bedroom wall to wall rug!! She never opens her windows. Her cleaner is the same one as mine. The cleaner has to schedule her for the end of the day on Fridays; Because the cleaner will not allow herself to go into anyone else's apartment reeking of pee!! She has to go home and shower, immediately. It takes her 3 hours to clean the apartment, and it is only about 800 sq feet. The clueless neighbor does not understand why it takes so long to clean! The cleaner has tried to get her to put puppy pads on the lid of a plastic container; so that it will be easier to clean. NOPE, she puts the puppy pad, newspaper back on the rug!

The joys of living in a senior housing facility... I am too young for this.. mentally and physically..
Today:
* Geoffrey is now my 'alarm' for a 6-6:15 am wake up call! Just because.
* Fed, medicated him,
*Morning stuff..
*Klutz, continues-- the hits keep coming.. Had PT appointment at 10am.. Forgot to put socks on bed, for clean clothes to wear. I went over to get the socks, KLUTZ came out!! Baddly stubbed, broke, middle toe... dam...
Had to cancel PT appointment.
Now, I have iced and have taped the toe to the the adjacent ones. dam..
* Not doing anything today.. dam.. have to pick up a gift card for Church.. and have to do laundry. Too much walking..

** lazy day.. due to toe.. unless I can get sneakers or sneaker clogs on..
Good thing I had a package of cranberries in the freezer... between that and the small ice pack, I really iced the toes...

UGH.. the hits just keep coming.. dam.. Good thing a friend who was a RN called me while I was icing. She told me the same thing--tape the toes, and ice. If it gets too painful, then go to Urgent care.. but they will probably do the same, and give me a boot-sandal... It is my right foot, and I have to drive with it.. nope.. not gonna happen. Only if it gets really bad..

dam... black cloud continues. I am never going to get my Christmas stuff out and up.. dam.. never mind my regular day to day stuff... dam ....

I guess this is God's way of telling me to be nicer to these 'people' in here.. But seriously, when there are so many who have lost it, or are losing it, becoming mean and demanding; and good people die, it is so hard. I think I have lost my patience... I need to get it back.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
write 17 military letters ( they were given to other people and they decided to not write to them)
hoping for a good doctor appt in the morning

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Oh Cindy, you're under a stormy cloud right now! I hope things gets better for you. Has anybody reported the woman with the dog? For all the pooping? That shouldn't be allowed to continue. Take care of that toe!

We were down around 21 last night. Brrrr Thankfully the wind has calmed down. Only a wee bit breezy this morning.
Rick got up with the girls at 7. I got up, too, and he made me coffee. I had enough sleep and couldn't see staying in bed and getting nothing done. Molli wasn't amused; she's back there by herself. But I'm not sleepy and I'm ready to get up.
  • Enjoying my coffee. Rick makes the best. Even he knows it. This morning, he was emptying the dishwasher, so I was going to make my own coffee. He looked at me and said, "Do you want coffee or do you want good coffee?" And I handed the coffee filter to him. And it is good stuff.
  • After my morning coffee, I'm going out to the Shed. The TWT needs to be done. I haven't decided if I'll take Muffin with me. She doesn't mind it out there, as long as I'm with her. She likes to investigate everything, then she'll flop down on the back of the couch at the window and watch (and yell at) the birds.
  • And then come back to the house and bake the crinkles and the sand tarts.
Rick asked me to make a list of things I'd like to have for Christmas. We're trying to save up for the AC next spring (and just wrote a check out for the house siding last month), so it can't be anything overboard. I wrote a bit of a list and stuck it on the fridge.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester thanks... I am really in a cranky mood.. I have lost my patience with others and myself. I want to decorate for Christmas, but I cannot-- toe(S) are really bad. This time, the bruise is 1/3 the way towards the instep.. Stupid stupid me..
Tiny postage stamp apartment, with too much furniture in here. I need all of it!! I cannot downsize the furniture.. There is a need for all ... mad at myself...

*This morning, around 5:30am, Geoffrey was waking me up. I thought it was his 'new' wake up routine. Turned over, got him under the covers with me and stayed in bed until around 8 am..
*Woke up to see vomit on the kitchen floor--3 spots.. poor baby.
*Had to clean that up, threw trash in trash room chute.
* breakfast,
* left a message for the Vet. I swear, he does not "get it" from my standpoint. I realize cats vomit.. but, when that is the only sign of lymphoma, that Geoffrey has.. it is very upsetting to me to seee him vomit.. and not eat. Especially when he comes over to Mama (me) to 'help' him feel better. The Vet wants me to decrease his medicine dosages. Each time I try, he vomits. I do not feel decreasing any of the meds is a good thing. He is on such a tiny dose of Zofran. I think this tiny dose is helping him--with nausea/acid tummy.
Sweet boy-- he just jumped up on the stretched out recliner---down by my bad foot... love him to death.
* Try to do some things in here... vacuum, shower... brush Geoffrey
** Newspaper meeting late this afternoon.. I do not even want to attend. I sent in my article. I have edits, on it. The crazy person, who was making faces, hopefully is not there.. I have no patience. None at all. I cannot.. She is so demanding, so much 'me, me, me".. She has family.. but refuses them. She is sick.. but I cannot even think of her as being a sick person. My compassion is gone... I am burnt out from all of these people.

Ice toe/foot periodically during the day. Last evening, the foot/toes were swelling up, causing pain. I had to remove the taping. I bought some of the stretchy non adhesive tape. I "Buddy Taped" the two toes tougher.. but I think that either the breaks are 2 toes or further down towards the instep.. dam... I did a good job...

Yesterday, when I fell, Geoffrey was under the bed spread. I had a much different scream.. He immediately came over to me, brushing against me, while I was in a semi sitting position. He was rubbing me, as if to say, " I am here, Mama. What can I do to help you".. it was really sweet. He has never done that before. He is getting so much more affectionate.

For supper--- either finish up the deli meat: honey turkey and cheese, on Italian Scali Bread, or the soup I bought. I should have the soup.

Just not a good time for me... I wish the badness would stop. I feel a good cry coming on...

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom aww im sorry that you are having a rough time ... i will light a candle for you that things will get better :hearthrob:

get caught up online some
get two ladies in the military to write later
talk to mamanyt1953 around 1230am
take my 3rd dose of nose spray for the day

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
(((hugs))) artiemom artiemom

Rainy and dreary this morning. The wind is kicking in again, too.

The inside of the house is decorated as is the inside of the Shed. The TWT is finished. Vacuumed and swiffered out there and washed windows, even a bit on the outside. Checked the plants. Rick said he'd do a bit of decorating outside at some point before Christmas.
  • Breakfast for the girls (emptied the dishwasher last night), and am back here with my coffee. My day to scoop boxes.
  • Will do the stamped cookies today, maybe the raisin-filled cookies, too. I put frozen butter in the microwave overnight to thaw. But as fast as I'm making them, Rick is eating them. At this rate, Christmas will be cookie-less! We're down to less than half of the chocolate chip cookies and the macadamia nut cookies....and I did double batches of both. He's really scarfing on the snicks. And, you know, it's not like the man never gets cookies, for crying out loud.
  • Hang out in the Shed for awhile tonight

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was thinking of going to Howell Living History Farm to see Santa and Mrs Claus arrive on the steam traction engine. But it is raining. So instead I will go to the Erwin Stover House in Tinicum Park, Bucks County Pa. for an indoor event where my cookie friends will have lots of molds and old cookie cutters on display. One will be decorating gingerbread and the other will be rolling out some springerle. I've seen their presentation before at a different venue so I know this will be fun.

Before then I need to unload the dishwasher and shift a load of laundry from washer to dryer.

Status
Not open for further replies.