Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UPDATE: The doors are back on the wood burning stove. Caulking that holds the gaskets in place needs to cure for 24 hours so one of my tomorrow three things will be to have the first fire of the season in the stove.

AND

When I got fuel at Costco yesterday I was running late so did not go in to warehouse - not only very long lines at the gas pumps (did you know that in New Jersey only attendants can pump the gas, not the driver) but also the parking lot was filled with cars - it was Saturday, after all. So I didn't get any butter, as I had intended.

But today when I went to the IGA they had Land O'Lakes butter on sale for - ready for this? - $3.99 / pound. That's like almost half price. I bought six packages. Can now check that item off the list of holiday baking supplies.

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
C catapault Holy crap! Excellent price for butter! I'm trying Trader Joe's butter; it was $3.99 a pound and I bought three pounds. I want to get back to Sam's at the beginning of December for a few things for baking. I knew about NJ not allowing drivers to pump gas because I used to visit Carol/LaRussa and would get gas in NJ for the drive home. I was really surprised the first time.

Rick's mom is feeling better. Rick took the Kindle back yesterday, but didn't hang around. She was in the dining room having lunch when he got there, so he quickly stopped in, tucked the Kindle in her wheelchair pocket and left again.

And while he was gone, I did the last quart of tomato sauce for 2022. Finally! Then I attacked the kitchen counters with granite cleaner and sealer, washed kitchen walls, cleaned and moved appliances around and created a baking space for me to work. I still need to clean the stove (oven is done) and then clean kitchen cabinets.

Chilly and breezy today. By the end of the week, our highs will be in the 30s. Snow flurries tomorrow.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee. Mollipop was in bed with Rick, but now she's in the cat tree next to me, napping away. I don't like to feed the girls fish that often because Molli will puke it. I gave them Ocean Whitefish this morning (because they'll eat it) and, sure enough, cleaned up the mess afterward.
  • We really didn't feel like dealing with groceries yesterday....we hate going on weekends now as there are way too many people. And it takes valuable time away from Rick's football games. If the guys don't come to finish the house, we'll go today.
  • Sit down and figure out what cookies should be on my list this year. Prepare my to-do and timing list for T-Day dinner. I've never done a turkey in a regular roasting pan; I've always used the electric roaster. And yes, I always do a list! I'm anal that way. My goal is always to get everything (except the turkey) finished and in the fridge the morning of, clean the kitchen, and then put the foods in the oven at their designated times. While I drink wine and read. Works! I hate rushing around at the last minute, trying to mash potatoes, make gravy, etc.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is, currently, at 9:00 p.m. EST, a fire in the wood burning stove.

Earlier today -

Intermittent handyman was here and raked leaves off the grass behind and on both sides of the house, tossed downhill.

I dug the Canna 'Tropicana' out of their large planter, trimmed back and spread out in a large shallow box to dry for a couple of days before I brush off any clinging extraneous soil and pack away.

Man who deer hunts on our property called, came over with blueberry turnovers he bought on the way here. I made tea, we three sat around the kitchen table and had a very pleasant time visiting.

And the usual do this do that - feed us, feed cats, clean litter pan, since it is Monday strip bed and run sheets through clothes washer and dryer etc etc etc.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick took care of the girls and then Mollipop and I lounged for a while. Drinking my coffee now. We did grab groceries yesterday, so I'm set for Thanksgiving dinner. Butter was $5.59 for Land O Lakes. Not going there. Did a good stove cleaning and that puppy shines....until I make dinner tonight. :sigh: I try to be a neat cook, but it's just not in me, I guess.

For today....
  • Wash the kitchen cabinets and then wash the bathroom cabinets. Finally bought Murphy's Oil Soap; it's what I use on our wooden cabinets. Clean out the inside of the fridge.
  • Clean the bathroom. Wash windows in the living room and kitchen. Dust in the kitchen and living room. Ask Dear Richard (again) to please remove the screens from the windows. I'll start decorating the kitchen this weekend.
  • Trash night tonight.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Today has been a busy day:
** slept a bit better-- woke up around 6;45am.. napped for an hour.
* lingered over coffee
* medicated Geoffrey
*regular morning stuff
* Decided to do laundry. Surprisingly, the laundry was not bad, in terms of volume. I should have taken down the 3 loads. I did not think I would be able to grab 3 machines at once. So I washed 2 loads. One of my stuff, the other dark. I still had Geoffrey's towels to do, and a bathrobe, I forgot to grab.
After they were washed, and in the dryer, I used the same washer for the towels and robe. I had cleaned it out really good. Sometimes these washers are a real mess-- the aides do not care.
I started at just before noon, and ended at 2:45 pm... all day project-- down and up, 4 times..
* moved my car to a closer parking spot-- getting rain tonight.. some areas are getting snow. I want to be able to remote start my car from inside.
*Going down for supper soon--- yuck.. See what the 'quiche' looks like
* Tenants Associate Officer nominating meeting tonight. I want to see what is up. I have had 9 people as if I was running for office... including the current vice-president and the current president.,.. wow...

Exhausted. I just want to do nothing..
OMG.. The dog next door has been barking non-stop for 30 minutes!! I know she went out, but.... ridiculous.. He is a 15 year old, untrained poodle....

How long do poodles live???

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom <rant> Poodles can live 12 years. I hate little yapper dogs. When I was still working swing-shift, our neighbors got this little yapper. She couldn't wait to show him off; unfortunately, my enthusiasm did not match hers. I knew what was coming. And sure enough, that little brat barked his fool head off every time he was outside. When I was on third shift, he barked in the morning when I was trying to sleep. He barked all afternoon, and he barked early evenings when I was trying to grab a nap. I finally had to tell her, "Look, I realize that the world should not stop simply because I'm on third shift. I get that. But damn it, that dog barks all day long! Please do something!" All the neighbors were upset; you couldn't even step out the front door without the dog carrying on. I stopped visiting with her bc the mutt was an ankle-biter. She thought it was cute. Nobody else did and everybody started to complain. Somebody turned her in for noise (no, it wasn't me). She eventually got rid of the little brat. </rant>

Three inches of snow last night. The temp rose a bit overnight for it to change over to rain/sprinkles. Amazing how my attitude about snow has changed since I'm no longer driving back and worth to work in the stuff.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee.
  • The Fiesta dishes are on the kitchen table. When I washed the cabinets yesterday, I just took everything out of the China cabinet, removed the shelf liners, washed the shelves, and replaced the liners. And then figured, "Well, this is as good a time as any to switch the dishes around." I guess I'll be putting the Winterberry out today. That's pretty much an all-afternoon job.
  • Changed bedsheets; the dirty ones are in the washer.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, the dog/poodle kept barking for at least an hour. I have commented in the past about this, but my neighbor is clueless.. I mean clueless, and has a thick mean streak in her.. Sometime, I just open the door and Yell, Shut that dam dog up! It does not do any good. The dog has pretty much destroyed her apartment. I saw the damage to the wall, where it scratches. She had nailed a board into the wall.. OMG..
I hear, from my cleaner, who does her apartment weekly.. that the dog lies in HER bedroom, and is not paper trained. I am told that the dog goes all over the bedroom carpet. My cleaner has to spend a long time, cleaning it up. Neighbor is clueless. She sleeps on her sofa..

I would complain to property management, but the Neighbor does have lung cancer... and is rally clueless.

I do not like hippy dogs, yet, that is all we have in here... all dogs under 25 lbs.. dam.. but they CAN be trained! most are not.. only 2 are trained.

**** oh, so this dog is like a 150 year old man!! overstayed his life span?? yet Geoffrey is the one who was diagnosed with SCL at 7 years of age.. dam life...This dog does not eat dog food!!

One time, I was on the phone, with IMVet's secretary. The dog was going at it. The Secretary said: "Do. you live in a kennel??"... yup, so bad.
Geoffrey used to run under the bed. Now, he is pretty immune to the barking. If he is in the living room, he just walks into the bedroom, where it is a bit softer.

Now, since she is sleeping on the sofa, and is more tired from chemo; the TV is blaring, all night long. It on the wall where my bed's headboard is. I keep hearing teh echoing, all night long. The fan, and the air purifier is not blocking out the echoing... dam...
Since she can be nasty.. and she is nastier to me, since I am yelling at her dog, I am not about to make a full fledged enemy living next door...

* Did not sleep well last night... neck was so sore------ could not get comfortable.
* Geoffrey decided to get 'Happy" with my new throw, which was on my bed.. I had to keep telling him to lie down.. dam cat..
* Dentist appointment.
* have to see if they have an electric toothbrush, and if they do, if I can get a discount on one.
* nothing else planned.
I think I am going to do nothing.

*** quick job on morning stuff... I will just do a quick Swiffer of the bathroom and the kitchen.

The weather is horrible.. 51 degrees, and heavy rain, with heavy winds. I would stay home, but I have an appointment. I think it is going to be a good day, to do nothing...
Either work on newspaper article, or try reading.. and cuddle with Geoffrey on my bed.
I did put a call into one of the people in here who is a Shine counselor. I was looked gat my prescriptions dug plan.. OMG.. so expensive.. Yeah, they decreased the cost of insulin, but doubled the premium and increased the copayment for ALL the other drugs. It is really ridiculous. I have one script which is $300 per refill. Another one is 1,000 per refill--- thank goodness, I do not use that one very often. I tried looking up on the MC website, to compare plans, but... confusing.. I think I am going to stay with what I have, but I wanted a bit of advice.

I did too much yesterday. Between all the bending, stretching, laundry, and the weather, I think that is why my neck was so bad during the night.

Gotta go....

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Himself came home from appointment with dentist midday and discovered that idiot UPS driver left my box of candied fruit out by the mailbox. Yesterday. In the deluge. Box too large to go into the mailbox. They apparently couldn't be bothered to bring up to the house OR cover with a plastic bag. Soggy box. Fortunately candied fruit safely packed in plastic tubs with tight lid so O.K. This evening I need to start macerating light and dark raisins and dried currants in brandy so I can bake tomorrow.

Unloaded dish washer

Two loads of laundry - does that count as one or two of three things?

Made dough and baked one tray of cookies

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The guys just showed up to finish the siding. Going to be cold for them to be outside with a bit of rain/snow showers. It shouldn't take long as it's just the end that needs to be done. I really do love the color.

My roaster came yesterday. I'm excited to try it with this year's turkey as I've used an electric roaster forever. It's washed and ready to go. Got the Winterberry washed and in the China cabinet.
  • One load of laundry. I think I spend a large part of my life doing laundry, especially since it's just the two of us.
  • After the guys are finished outside, I can start putting Winterberry things up on the hutch. Right now, it's all on kitchen counters and the kitchen table. It's all washed and ready to go.
  • A quick vacuum about the house.
Another easy day today.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got up, got dressed, got bed made, came downstairs with a couple of towels to go in a heavy load this morning and

Mr Poe weaves between my feet, I trip and land with both knees, hard!, on the tile floor. Ow! Ow! Ow! Cat is O.K. I hasten to add. Lay there for a bit, manage to lurch to my feet . . . Good thing my knee surgery was four months ago, agreed?

Fed cats, put bird feeders out, took some acetaminophen . . . now sitting here drinking my coffee as things ramp down.

So today's major activity will be baking first batch of fruitcake. Will have to see how much can be managed while sitting down.

Himself has a quickie nurse visit at health center. I will accompany him so after his visit we stop at the IGA on the way home. There's always this-and-that to get.

The towels etc are swishing around in the washer so that's three (counts on her fingers) well if you include setting bird feeders out and feeding cats it's already three, before fruitcake etc.

And so it goes this morning.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Regular morning stuff
Out to PT
Will shower later
Drug store
Pick up something for supper
give G some laxatone.
comedy/magic show tonight

Geoffrey has not been so good this week. Used the wet swiffer on the kitchen floor. I am still thinking it does not agree with him. Have to look it up.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey has an IMVet appointment, this morning... poor thing.. and it is really cold outside. 31 degrees... brr... poor baby.
And I overslept!! actually, did not sleep much during the night.. worried, and cuddled too long this morning.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Good luck, Geoffrey! And when you get back home, Cindy, grab a nap!
C catapault How does your knee feel?

The house is finished. At some point, they'll come up to remove the dumpster. They were here yesterday morning, and done before noon. Poor Mollipop was a mess yesterday. Worse than when they were here last week. She would (could?) not nap, just kept walking around. Finally, after the guys left, she jumped up in my lap. I carried her back to bed and turned the electric blanket on for her. Came back a couple minutes later and this is what I found. Poor baby, she was so tired. I think she slept for 3 hours without even moving. I don't know why she was so nervous this time.

MolliPolli.jpg

Not much on my agenda today.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and enjoyed my coffee. Flopped on the sofa to read while Rick was still in bed. Molli hopped up on me and we fell asleep until Rick got up.
  • A bit of straightening up in the kitchen, but nothing major.
  • Water the WeShed plants.
An easy day.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
went to put my mail in the mailbox and get todays mail
write to my pen pal that wrote me
wait for mamanyt1953 to get online
pray that hubs makes it to work ok in the cold and snow tonite

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom How is Geoffrey?

Lord, it is frigid here! We're at 23 this morning and our high will be around 38. Not funny at all. I guess I should be thankful I don't live in the Buffalo, NY area. Good grief.

Rick and I were out watching for the Leonids last night. It was cold -- darn cold -- and we bundled up at 11 and stayed out til a little after midnight. We saw two. I froze my fat little tushie off for two....and one wasn't really worth mentioning. And then I came into the house. Rick stayed out for a while, but then he came inside. A mug of hot chocolate for each of us and then we went to bed. I got up with the girls this morning. Dear Richard is still in bed.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and I'm back here with my mug of coffee.
  • I asked Dear Richard (again) to please remove the screens from the living room, kitchen, and bathroom windows. It's a bugger to do and I can't reach well, even on a chair. I'd really like to clean those windows, but can't until the screens are out.
  • When Rick starts watching football, I'm going out to the WeShed for the afternoon.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey is ok.. he gained 2 lbs!! little piggy! his fur is regrowing, in the lost areas. I am a bit concerned about his blood test results, pointing towards anemia and prediabetic.. but... if he loses a bit of weight, then the blood sugar should go down.. plus he was upset.. that can increase blood sugar levels.

I am not going to ask fro trouble. I am going to enjoy him.. and deal with his actions. I am not going to look for trouble. He is acting fine.
I am going to see if I can completely stop the miratzapine. I think that is what caused the weight gain. But, it caused him to become a more lovable cat!! a lap cat, and less frightened.
No mirtaz last night, he did not eat much during the night.. and not much for breakfast.

Fell asleep watching TV last night. went to bed at 11:30pm... woke up late, and cuddled in bed with Geoffrey for an hour. Very lazy day today..

Today;
* regular stuff--- Vacuum--
* medicate Geoffrey, brush him.
* lazing around.
* perhaps proof read newspaper article
* watch some recorded programs.

I could go out.. it is 37 degrees currently... but it is the week end before T day. I am not going anywhere near the stores or post office. I will do that on Tuesday. That will be my running around day. I need perishables for T-day.; mushrooms, onions, garlic, fresh sage, IF I can find some...cannot get these things too early..

Status
Not open for further replies.