Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1) Unloaded dishwasher

2) Baked one tray of chocolate chip cookies (I use the semi sweet chocolate chips) from dough that was previously made / shaped / frozen

3) To pharmacy where we both received our second Moderna covid booster and made appointments for flu shots next week

4) To IGA on way home where I got this, that, other things but not everything I wanted

5) Sometime today a tech is supposed to come and replace the modem. There have been multiple frequent very brief outages (microwave doesn't always lose the time, or generator come on) over the last few days. Internet sometimes goes out even if power is back on. So Himself thinks modem could be somewhat fried. What fun. Not.

At least the sun is shining after several consecutive days of rain.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
get all my mail in the mailbox before it rains
talk to mamanyt1953
make another order of cat toys to get caught up with them
play my game some
put more books away on the shelf from off the floor
put laundry away ( maybe)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We got back from Vermont, via Mystic CT, yesterday afternoon. We had a great time and enjoyed it all: King Arthur, Jesse's, Lake Champlain, the Oldest and Longest Toll Bridge. Yankee Candle, the French King Bridge, everything in Mystic. The kids missed us, or rather, they missed their snacks. We walked up the steps and they headed to the kitchen. But they were all in bed last night and cuddly, even Tabby.
  • I have some laundry to do today.
  • Must do tomatoes.
  • Heading to Rick's mom to get her Kindle and to take birthday candy to her. She was 101 yesterday. She has Covid (AGAIN!), so we can't visit.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester So good to have you Back.. Glad you had a great time!
Oh NO! Ricks mom has Covid AGAIN!! Dam... That is horrible.. mI have heard of so many people coming down with Covid, over the past month. What is it?? not masking? not taking precautions? I hope this is a very mild case for her.
I am sure the Home is in shut down mode, and will be for a while. Poor thing.. not able to celebrate with her family..

Welcome Back! :welcomeback1:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1) Stacked firewood that Himself split this morning.

2) Himself disconnected the three rain barrels behind my tool shed from the gutter downspout. I opened the taps at the barrels bottom.
2A) Turn off two of the three outdoor faucets.

3) Located the Pot Lifter so we can get the large pot of Aspidistra minor 'Milky Way' into the great room.

4) Turns out the large toad statue has a piece cracked off and missing. I bet it happened when the driveway was repaved after the huge storm earlier in the year and the men never mentioned it. Otherwise why would it be moved to the other side of the driveway? I'll look where it had been but expect chances will be slim to none to find the missing, broken off piece. I will hose out the inside, let it thoroughly dry, and put it somewhere inside. The broken place doesn't show but this still aggravates, p*sses me off.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
C catapault That would anger me, too. The least those guys could do would be to tell you what happened. Unprofessional, IMO.
artiemom artiemom Thank you! It's good to be home! Rick went into the nursing home to drop off his mom's BDay card and her candies at the front desk. He can't go back to her room. Last time we heard, there were 50 residents with Covid. She is in a non-Covid section of the building, but got it anyway. That means it was an aide who had it and was going from room to room. I really hate that place.

Tired this morning. Fell asleep around 1:00 and got up at 6:15 to take care of the girls. They were used to getting fed at 5:30 for the past few days, so waiting until 6:30 is not amusing for them. They'll get used to it again. I hope. Probably just in time for Standard time to kick in and then we have to do it again.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, scooped boxes, and am sitting back here with my coffee.
  • One load of laundry left yet to do. We bought a set of flannel sheets at the Vermont Country Store and they need to be washed.
  • I'm going out to the WeShed for the afternoon once Rick starts watching football. I went out when we got home, to make sure everything was OK, but have been so busy working on stuff that I haven't checked the plants out there.
  • Last night, I started Samantha/Serena/whatever her name is, the 3rd? 4th? I guess we'll call her Samantha. She's yet another try at sourdough. She's already nice and bubbly. I have to feed her today. I can keep my starter going all through the winter and spring. Come summer and the really hot weather, I put her in the freezer. And then come cooler weather, I manage to get it out of the freezer, thawed and fed. I can bake with it once (twice, if I'm lucky) and then it gets moldy. Every single time. I heard about dehydrating it for the summer; I may try that next year.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1) Go to supermarket - which I dislike doing on the weekend but the last two stores did not have Smart balance which Himself likes for his breakfast toast.

2) The supermarket is near Bed bath & Beyond so I will look for a new small simple 2-slice toaster. Ours takes 2 go-rounds to toast an English muffin. Problem is all I want is a small, simple, basic toaster that will fit in a cupboard and today they all seem to be larger and with bells and whistles that are neither needed or wanted.

3) Move more plants into the basement for winter dormancy.

4) And other stuff.

Winchester Winchester once I get toad-y moved to where he's to go I'll take a picture.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1) Supermarket exceedingly crowded

2) BB&B only had two toasters and both were 4-slice. So I'll keep looking.

3) Himself split more wood before I left so now I need to stack it.

The contractor for our proposed shower & tub renovations is licensed in PA but not in NJ. Himself would be the one to pull the plumbing and electrical permits. The building dept here can be very persnickety about things. So Himself decided not to go ahead with the project because if there are any issues he would be the one to carry the can.

Now to go stack firewood. Hope to move plants afterward.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow I get to RE-stack firewood because it all fell over! Himself had an idea - I should make an end stack (you know, 4 one way, next 4 at right angles, back and forth) and make it as tall as it would end up being before I start just stacking wood.

Except the taller-than-I-am end stack fell over just now. I told him when I re-stack all the ding dang wood tomorrow it is going to be as we always did it before - a modest end stack, fill center, end stack opposite end, and build up as I go. Then it eventually ends up looking sort of like this

Firewood_2013-08_tarp on stack.jpg

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow I get to RE-stack firewood because it all fell over! Himself had an idea - I should make an end stack (you know, 4 one way, next 4 at right angles, back and forth) and make it as tall as it would end up being before I start just stacking wood.

Except the taller-than-I-am end stack fell over just now. I told him when I re-stack all the ding dang wood tomorrow it is going to be as we always did it before - a modest end stack, fill center, end stack opposite end, and build up as I go. Then it eventually ends up looking sort of like this
That is just a HUGE job and you have to do it twice!?

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not as much firewood as in the picture, susanm9006 susanm9006 Probably a quarter or a little more. Himself just wanted a "tower" at one end, a cross stack as tall as it would be when the pile was complete. I should have said something? but didn't think of it. Stacking wood is a good puzzle - what piece will fit well with what is there, will it be better / more stable if I turn it a different way. That said, once is enough. Twice is wasted effort.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I am so happy you had a good time but so sorry Rick;s mom has COVID, again, How is she doing?
C catapault Your wood pile looks like it was done by a pro!! Was Himself an architect?

regular stuff

will wash some throws for the ferals

Wasn't able to have my hair colored on Friday so I will reschedule.

Walking around Walmart with Nicole really did a number on my knees and foot where it was cut from the fall a few years ago.
I don't think not going to ER would've made a difference. The cut was too deep. We had such a good time laughing etc. She has such terrible road rage. Such a mild mannered woman but get her behind the wheel of a car and she is so aggressive, ha!!! I reminded her 3 times that Ohio has a permit to carry a concealed weapon law in place and she was going to get us in troubler!!

Going to be nice today all sun and in the 60s.🌞🕶😎🌅

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I hope your knees and your foot start to feel better. :hugs: Thanks for asking about her. She's OK. She was upset because Thursday was her birthday and we couldn't visit. But when Rick picked up her Kindle at the front desk, he dropped up a BDay card, chocolate covered pretzels, and some maple creams. And last week, he had taken some cookies and baby Swiss cheese up to her. He drops it off at the front desk and somebody takes it back to her. Rick's cousin actually visited with her; I guess he's not worried about Covid. We won't. We call her pretty much every day, just to chat and bring things to her, but we won't visit. And now it's too cool even during the day to visit with her outside, not that the nursing home would let us do so anyway. It's all very frustrating. First thing I did after we got back home the other day was disinfect and clean the Kindle as best I could.

Frost warning last night. And that was enough for Rick. He covered what he could in the garden, but we picked tomatoes and peppers. We tasted the peppers and, although they're not red, they still taste good, a little sweeter than a bell pepper, I guess. Still fine to use and the thought of those peppers possibly going to waste, well, it wasn't going to happen.

These tomatoes were actually picked on Friday; I'm waiting for them to ripen before turning them into sauce. But those peppers were picked yesterday. There are more in the basement. And there are well over 100 (Rick says 150) blushed, but not yet red tomatoes on cardboard on the WeShed floor. Figures. The weather gets cold and the plants start producing good tomatoes. That's our luck. I refuse to let them go to waste.
PeppersTomatoes.jpg

• Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee.
  • Freezing peppers today
  • Freezing peppers today
  • Freezing peppers today
And the Grannies are in the Bin Porch! A trip for apples is forecast SOON! So I need to get all this stuff done, so I can concentrate on apples next.

Status
Not open for further replies.