Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is downright cold!! 68 degrees at 3pm!! When I left the house this morning at around 10am, I needed a jacket!! I should have worn long stretch pants instead of capris...

*Quick morning stuff.. no vacuum, I needed to get out for errands and home by noontime for a meeting.
* Made it home in time. I just put the cold stuff away. I left the rest for after the meeting.
* Newspaper came out.. I am not happy with the editing of my article.. Nope.. Second time this has happened. I have to make it a point to have a 'discussion' while a 'certain' person edits my article.
* meeting lasted forever, round and round and round.. too many women insisting on talking at once.. with nothing accomplished.. ready to drop out of it..

When meeting was over, it was too late for coffee, too late for lunch, yet I was hungry.. dam. Opened up a container of chocolate ice cream.. dam..
Was going to make a tuna salad sandwich for supper.. but I was still hungry.. just had a bulkie roll with butter..
Nothing good for me on the menu. I could get a cup of chicken soup...

Still cold.. I only have 2 windows partially open.

Gave Geoffrey his last dose of prednisolone. He is not feeling well.. dam.. long weekend.. dam... I think he spit up--clear liquid yesterday and today. I found a couple of spots on the linoleum ... clear.. and he is not eating much.. dam..

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unloaded dish washer.

PT this morning. Just because they add new exercises it doesn't mean they stop any. My "one hour" session took an hour and a half.

Intermittent helper came in the afternoon to mow. And also move debris next to log splitter up to dump pile in the woods.

Smoke detectors chirped again at 1:00 a.m. Batteries were replaced yesterday. Today Himself vaccuumed all three. Let's hope that takes care of things.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We visited with Rick's mom last night, but only stayed a few minutes. She ate dinner, so that was good. But she's really tired and, if she talks too much, she starts coughing. She wanted us to stay, but we felt our being there was making her feel worse because of the coughing. We're still wearing masks when we visit, which might be a good thing. We'll go back up on Monday. I have her Kindle, but she told me not to put any audiobooks on it until she calls....she's not reading/listening right now.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, charging my V3 Fitbit and am enjoying my coffee. Must scoop boxes.
  • While Dear Richard is doing his FF (Fantasy Football) draft this afternoon, I'm going to put my fall things out. I gathered everything together yesterday. Once I vacuum, dust, and clean, I'll put things in the kitchen and the living room. A couple things out in the Shed. It's meteorological fall, if nothing else. I'll put some fall flags out in the yard, too. I'll wait until October 1 for Halloween stuff....maybe.
  • I'm going to spend some time in the Shed today. But as Rick says, "The Shed is a nap waiting to happen!" I need a sign that says that. He went out to the Shed yesterday while watering the plants. He set the alarm on his Fitbit, thankfully, or the plants would have had a great drink! Went out, sat down, and fell asleep. His alarm went off, he came back, and turned the water off, went back to the Shed to lock it so he could come back to the house. Sat down for a few minutes....and his snoring awakened him about an hour later. I've done that, too. I rarely fall asleep when I'm watching TV out there. But when I go out there to flop down and read, I always fall asleep. I've told Rick that we need to return the sofa that's out there. It's too comfortable and napping always happens.
So that will be our day. I don't know when Rick will get back from the FF draft tonight. It's a big thing, with lots of food and fun for them.

Last edited:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I am so sorry that MIL is feeling so poorly. It is so hard. Please give my best to Rick ((hugs)).. It is so difficult to see a loved one decline and get so sick. Even at Evelyn's age, it is still very hard.

I have not slept well for a couple of nights.. fell asleep watching TV. It seems to be an automatic, every night. I usually fall asleep during my prayers, and toss and turn, but last couple of nights, I dozed during them, then woke up, immediately, and had a hard time going back to sleep. Guess I am worried about Geoffrey. He is cuddling right up against me.. and not leaving my side, while I am in bed. I keep petting him. I cannot stop. He purrs while I am doing so.. my mind wanders in bad directions.. I need to get a full nights sleep.

*this morning, cleaner comes in. I am going to switch things up on here. It is a beautiful sunny day. I am going to have her do my windows, wash my screens and blinds. They desperately need them. I will let the bathroom and kitchen floor go. I can do the bathroom myself.
You may ask me why I am having a cleaner for windows. Oh, I can do the windows, myself; but the screens and blinds are so hard to do. If I had access to a yard, and hose, I would do the screens, but I do not. Living in an apartment building has its issues. The blinds the same thing. She does both sides of them. Plus they are tall windows.. I need a stop stool to get tot the top of them.

* Medicate Geoffrey--- Chemo day.. and yes, back to Cerenia.. sigh.. Of course, long weekend .. not doing well.
* quick pick up around here.

Then when the cleaner is here, I will write out some bills.

Not sure what else is up for today. I should go outside. It is gorgeous. I need to start walking. I need some exercise..

Not happy with the way my newspaper article was edited. There are mistakes in it and it does not sound like my writing style. I swear the editor is sabotaging me, in favor of another woman in here. This is the second time she hashed out my article. I need to come on strong with her, and bring the mistakes to her attuning on Tuesday. It was not even the edited version which I saw!!! dam..

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your cleaner comes on a Saturday, artiemom artiemom Special!

Laundry going around in the washing machine. Another load to follow.

Ongoing saga of the f**king smoke detectors: Smoke detector went off at 2:00 a.m. Sigh. Later today Himself will take down the one on the main floor and the one near the kitty litter tray in the basement. Very thoroughly vacuum both. And swap when reinstalling. I cannot believe it is anything to do with the kitty litter - the smoke detectors have been installed for 10 months so if there was an issue it should have appeared sooner than this.

If the problem is not resolved with this solution there is a fourth, never used smoke detector (the contractor's package he bought last year had four and we only need three.) Will report back tomorrow, if anyone is interested. Or even if not.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your cleaner comes on a Saturday, artiemom artiemom Special!

Laundry going around in the washing machine. Another load to follow.

Ongoing saga of the f**king smoke detectors: Smoke detector went off at 2:00 a.m. Sigh. Later today Himself will take down the one on the main floor and the one near the kitty litter tray in the basement. Very thoroughly vacuum both. And swap when reinstalling. I cannot believe it is anything to do with the kitty litter - the smoke detectors have been installed for 10 months so if there was an issue it should have appeared sooner than this.

If the problem is not resolved with this solution there is a fourth, never used smoke detector (the contractor's package he bought last year had four and we only need three.) Will report back tomorrow, if anyone is interested. Or even if not.
I know the sometimes frustration with smoke detectors. Particularly those detectors that are "Hard Wired" into your electrical system. Many years ago now, one such detector went off when I was in the shower. It scared the living hell out of me. I was so upset that I tore it from the wall and threw it out. Later replaced it with a battery version.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
vansX2 vansX2 The original smoke detectors were no battery / hard wired. They were installed, I assume, when the house was built at the end of the last century. Doesn't that sound antediluvian though! Having reached the end of their working life in 2021 replacements were necessary. We discovered that smoke detectors without batteries are no longer available. There are other "improvements" that are far from making things better.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Swapping smoke detector at the foot of the stairs with the one on the main floor seems to have done the trick. Last night was quiet, no chirping.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I spoke too soon about the ants. You know, we are not dirty people! And the ants are making me crazy. I took everything out of my baking lazy Susan, put it all in totes, and took the totes out to the Shed. No ants in my baking supplies yet and I want to keep it that way. I took flours, sugars, etc. from the pantry out to the Shed, too. Rick came out to the kitchen last night around 11 to get a drink and there they were. We destroyed the trail from the kitchen window last week, then they started coming in from the French door. Rick destroyed that the other day. We don't know where they're coming from now. He's in the basement, ripping down insulation, looking for nests. They were in two upper cabinets that have no food whatsoever. I'm ready to have the house professionally fumigated. Disgusting things. We've tried Zevo, bait traps, Home Defense (outside around the window and door and perimeter of the house), etc. It keeps them at bay for a while. So far, they're only in the kitchen.
  • Rick got up with the girls this morning. After breakfast, Mollipop came back to bed and we lounged for an hour or so before getting up. Well, I got out of bed; Molli is still sound asleep.
  • Do tomatoes and peppers after I'm done hanging around here.
  • Get my rub ready for the pork shoulder. I'll rub the shoulder tonight, wrap it up again, and throw it back in the fridge for tomorrow. I took the bacon and ground beef out of the freezer for our crock pot beans tomorrow. And the red beets and juice to make a few pickled eggs. If I make pasta salad, I'll do that tonight and throw that in the fridge. It's the last holiday picnic dinner of the summer.
  • While Rick watches football this afternoon, I'm going out to the Shed for a while.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today, my dad came over to help me fix my lawnmower because I ran over a dog lead two weeks ago and it got wrapped around the blades. Then we moved a nice and big dresser into my bedroom that I bought for $5 in an auction. Since my mower was fixed, I mowed my lawn too. Later, I'm going to do some cross stitching and then also put my clothes in the new dresser.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I spoke too soon about the ants. You know, we are not dirty people! And the ants are making me crazy.

That's my parents' kitchen :cringe: Every summer ants are crawling all over the kitchen, even on the ceiling.and walls. My parents just blame the fact that the house is old and put out Raid bait traps which don't do anything.

Nothing too exciting today. I'm pet sitting so walked the dog and then took him back to his house so I could feed and pill the cat. Brought the dog back to my place and got him mostly settled for a nap. Started reading a book I borrowed from the library.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
That's my parents' kitchen :cringe: Every summer ants are crawling all over the kitchen, even on the ceiling.and walls. My parents just blame the fact that the house is old and put out Raid bait traps which don't do anything.
We never had a problem with ants until we did the kitchen over. That summer they were really bad. Every year, we deal with a few, but nothing more than that. This year has been horrible. And they wanted until the end of the summer to come in. We've been using Zevo on paper towels to rub on the kitchen window and the French doors. And Terro bait. We have pretty much all the kitchen cabinets empty of everything, even dishes. Disgusting. Rick went into the basement and tore out insulation, looking for nests and they aren't any.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee.
  • One load of laundry
  • Spend the morning cooking for dinner tonight.
  • Visit with Rick's mom after dinner.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My parents' kitchen hasn't been updated since the house was built in the 1920s. Actually the kitchen sink dates to 1950s because that was when metal kitchen sink units were popular. That was done by the previous owners. The original kitchen sink area had maple countertops and built ins, at least according to the original building plans my parents have. My parents have lived in the house since the 1970s and nothing in the house has ever been updated or renovated or even just fixed since. But that's a whole other thread :crazy:

Today is a lazy day since it's raining. Dog went home so no more entertainment :sigh: I need to get some videos edited, maybe do some laundry, and keep reading my book.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Really tired this morning and my knee aches. The pork took way longer to cook than any shoulder we've ever done. I finally asked Rick if he had the right temp. He had it at 250. Uh, dear? It should be around 300. Well, crap. And it was hard because we FINALLY had an all-day rain. Good for the garden and the water table. Not so good for the grill. But we kept at it; we ate around 7 or so, when the inside temp finally made to 200. After resting, it shredded beautifully and tasted so good. But we were hungry, so shoe leather might have tasted just as good. :lol: We didn't make it to visit with Rick's mom last night. Got the kitchen cleaned up and I went to bed to watch tv; Rick was on the computer doing his second FF draft. I'm still tired and grumpy this morning. Rick looked at me and said, "You need a hug!" and gave me a big hug and kiss. I love that guy.

So far, we've seen one ant this morning. *sigh* I am so exasperated. The last time my kitchen was in this much disarray was probably when we did the kitchen over and I had totes full of stuff everywhere.

A smaller rainstorm this morning. The sun is trying to break through. That will really make things steamy.
  • Rick got up with the girls around 6:30. Mollipop ate her breakfast and came back to bed to bathe. Then she curled up around me and we dropped back off. Muffin came back around 8 and said, "Mom? You slept long enough! Time for our after-breakfast breakfast!" Got up, fed the girls a bit of dry, and am enjoying my coffee. Rick makes good coffee. I don't know how he makes it, but it's so good.
  • Hit Target for meds for me and for hair conditioner. Why do I go through hair conditioner faster than I do shampoo?
  • Visit with Rick's mom and take some chocolate cupcakes to her tonight. She just loves chocolate.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Finally got to Verizon yesterday; we reduced our phone bill by about $40, but I think we could do better. Checking into some things.
Called about my prescription glasses as it'll be a month on Friday. My sunglasses are in, but regular glasses are not. They put a Rush on them and they're now supposed to be here by this Friday. I hope so. We got to Target; one of the pharmacists there is a sweetheart and she's an avid gardener. We're always talking about ideas and commiserating about the lack of rainfall. There were no other customers during the time we were there, so we were able to chat for a while. We like talking with her.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee.
  • Vacuum, dust, etc. Sweep the deck and patio. Vacuum, swiffer in the Shed. If it ever cools down, I'd like to clean windows.
  • Bowling starts tonight for Rick. He's now bowling on Wednesdays, instead of Thursdays. I'll have to have early dinner.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Today:
* quick swimmer around here
*medicate Geoffrey
*picked up spit up..
*Phone call to Vet
* shower
*Play Cornhole
*Wait for IM Vet to call--heavy conversation... CBD oil vs meds Vs you know... Geoffrey lost 1/2 lb in a week.
*Chemo Day for Geoffrey
*** nothing else.. but something always comes up..

Geoffrey is not eating. We stopped the prednisolone since he was possibly turning diabetic.. It was an experiment to see if the steroid was helping him, and causing the glucose spill in urine. Experiment was a failure. Got permission from IMVet, on his day off-- mind you... To give him one dose of steroid, since Geoffrey is refusing food, and lost weight, even from his normal weight.
Yes, decisions....

I did have a few vodka and tonics last night, while crying... and talked to a good friend, long distance..I was up most of the night. Geoffrey was cuddling with me. I was not even in bed, when he jumped up and cuddled, so close to me.. I could not sleep. I got up, G stayed on my bed, waiting for me. I was up for an hour, then went back to bed... I did sleep a few hours, Geoffrey was cuddled up so close, and was purring so hard.. You could tell he was so happy being with me.
I really love this little boy.. His face is so expressive. He looks at me with love, and is so happy when we cuddle. It is amazing... from a frightened, scared, probably abused cat, to this loving little boy..

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
washed and dryed my laundry at the laundry mat this morning
write letters
check my mail
read my books some

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you...
Had a long talk with IMVet, late yesterday afternoon/early evening. Geoffrey is borderline diabetic. The pred is causing this; yet he needs it for his appetite. If he was not so darn alert, it would be an easy decision. The only symptom is loss of appetite, with weight loss. His eyes are clear, his voice strong, He purrs, cuddles, asks for brushing.

Something turned him off of his prescription food. I do not know what it is.

We restarted the pred, at a lower dose... to see what happens. I have to pick up some urine test strips. That is a new expense, but it would be good to have in the house, for me; since, I have a family history of diabetes and are obese.

I do not know if Geoffrey is 'playing' us/me... or he truly lost his appetite. Gave him pred--one dose on Tuesday; 2 doses yesterday. Opened up a can of RAWZ, which I had in the house. He is loving it. Inhaling it. I tried mixing some of the prescription food into the Rawz... Nope.. he is eating around it!! Dam cat.. perhaps it is a bad batch? But he has been eating the same case for at least 10 days... and he is refusing the prescription dry.. so weird.
Dr B feels his appetite returned because of the pred.. dam

At this point, I think I would prefer him to eat the RAWZ..It has less fillers.. but it does have fenugreek seeds (?) and dandelion greens (?). so strange.. but no other fillers. I guess these are for fiber, and consistency.

It is the same price as the prescription.. but what am I going to do with the prescription food I have on hand? Angell does not want prescription food!! I took some over to them today.. so, who knows. You need an appointment to get in the adoption area. I just left it there.
Never heard of that... my local rescue does not want it either.. so strange.

Dr B is looking into changing G's steroid. I can, if it is not more expensive. We will see if we can cut back further on dosing, but slowly.

He understands. I am not going to change over to a different type of chemo.. Dr B agrees--this is what the consulting oncologist, whom he asked, suggested. I am not doing an echocardiogram.. No more mention of it from Dr B.
When It comes to him being fully diabetic, well... lets just say I am not chasing him around for blood sticks, and insulin.. nope, cannot do it... That is the line.

So Geoffrey has a tiny bit more time left
~~
* update to Dr B
* regular morning stuff... medicate Geoffrey
* out to Angell
* couple more errands
* iced coffee and bagel bites from Dunkin
* tried to watch the end of the new bocce league---still a joke.. Glad I am not a part of it. I was nice to them--telling them that I would play, but I cannot commit to Thursday, since I have a lot of scheduled things.
*Tried the mix with Geoffrey---
* ordered another case of RAWZ... I am going broke.

So far that is it.. We have had 6 Covid cases in here, this month.. Too Much... People please get the new booster!!
It is not available at all pharmacies, as of yet.. Next week is the week to check it out. CVS may have it.
I am masking up, again....

There is a one woman show, tonight; about Ruth Bader Ginsburg--in the Community room.
Not sure if I will attend.. I would like to.... We will see how the rest of the day goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.