Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tibbs&Olive

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't really feel like doing THREE things today but I suppose I have to. My day is just starting and already I've opened the blinds, pet my cat, and checked these forums. I'm done. Going back to bed now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The only item on my list that I accomplished yesterday was hitting the grocery store. I went with Rick to see his mom. It's the first visit I've had with her in a few months. We were there for quite a while, went out for a bite to eat, hit the store on the way home. And I went out to the Shed for a while.

So today:
  • Do a quick vacuum. Wash the kitchen floor. Rick spilled soda last night. He did try to clean it, but the floor needs a good scrubbing. I haven't figured out how I'm going to get down on my hands and knees to scrub, but I'll figure something out.
  • Clean the litter boxes. (Rick did them yesterday, but he doesn't know which one to get rid of. We're discussing.)
  • Two loads of laundry. I have a load for us and a load for kitty things. First load is in the washer.
  • I put the cat tree that's in the kitchen out on the deck. Molli did me the honor of puking down the front of the tree this morning. I cleaned it up, put it out on the deck in the sun, and that was that.
  • Got the papers/labels together to return the Charge 5. I spent almost a week, trying to figure out why it won't track floors. Turns out, the C5 doesn't have an altimeter, so it can't track floors. And since it doesn't have the hardware, they can't add floor tracking in a future update. Nope, nada, no.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We got everything done I wanted yesterday. I vacuumed the house and Rick brought the steam cleaner up from the basement and did the kitchen and bathroom floors. He said there was no way I was getting down on my hands and knees to scrub that kitchen floor by hand.

All I really have to do today is freeze some peppers. Scoop the boxes. And make dinner tonight.

At some point, we need to grab some smaller Food Saver bags. I just bought some back in the spring, but we've used all the small ones again.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
coffee is done grayice is fed
after gf wakes up and works from home a bit its off to the acura dealership to turn her car in and lease a new car then off to shop for a bathroom rug along with a few errands we didnt do yesterday.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is:
* up early for Mass.. actually, I let the alarm go off and got out of bed an hour later!! :eek:
* Fed Geoffrey--- had to bring it to him..
*Mass
* Italian Deli for some stuff
* Have to do regular l morning stuff--- lazy Sunday
*medicate Geoffrey
* make supper... easy.. open jar of sauce, cut up Italian sausages--- simmer for a while.. with some pasta.. a couple days of dinner, then rest in freezer.

Stuff to do around here..

Yesterday,
*all morning stuff
* kept trying to bring food to Geoffrey
* Medicate Geoffrey
* cleaner was here for bathroom and kitchen floor---yes, Winchester Winchester , She does it on her hands and knees -every 2 weeks.. cat litter gets in corners, and gets crunched on the floor.
** Wanted to sit outside to read..
When I went out to the courtyard; there were several people practicing Corn Hole.. I asked If I could join in. So we did that, and then we played a game of Bocce.. I was helping teach a new player, and another woman, who had not played for years, and forgot the rules..
*Make a really good chicken salad sandwich.. and then junk for dessert.. Gotta stop that..

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
waiting for my amazon packages to arrive
waiting for the mail to come
look for a new blanket for the hubs

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I think the kids are making cornhole for Rick this year for Christmas. He enjoys playing. As for being on hands and knees to scrub floors, that's the only way to really get them clean. It's really hard for me now. Thankfully Rick used the steam cleaner for the floors on Saturday. But that's how I did my floors for years.

Rain! OMG, it was a showery Sunday. And we have rain during the early morning today. The thunder awakened me and I got up, turned the fan off in the bedroom. That woke Rick up and we just lay there, listening to the rain. A beautiful sound. That's how long we've gone with any kind of substantial rain. Today is supposed to be showery, too. Bring it!
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. I have a sheet of tomatoes in the oven to loosen the skins. I'll remove the skins, throw them into the blender, pour the sauce back into the cookie sheet and bake in the oven until drier. That will be my paste. I don't add seasonings before I freeze. That way, I can season as I want when I use it. Rick brought some peppers down from the garden yesterday, but they're not ready for the freezer yet.
  • My Fitbit Versa 3 should be here today. I'll return the Fitbit Charge 5 tomorrow, once I have the V3 working. I really liked the C5. But the floor thing was a major disappointment. I asked Rick if he wanted the C5. Nope, not without the altimeter. It's going back.
  • I want to clean the inside of the Tucson and Clarence. Vacuum, clean windows, etc. I'd actually like to wash both the Tucson and Clarence, but worried about the well. And I'm too cheap to go to the car wash.
ETA: Mr. Groundhog is on his way to the woods. He got in the trap at some point last night/this morning. He looks a little be-pooped, to tell you the truth. Like, "I can't believe I fell for this!" Hopefully, he's the only one. I was in the WeShed early evening yesterday and heard movement. I guess we'll find out.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I like the V3. It has everything I need and then some. It seems to be tracking steps (and floors) OK. Resting heart rate is in line. And the screen is a little larger, even than the Blaze. It's nice.
Out in the Shed for a while last night reading. No TV, no AC. And it was quiet, no thumps, no bumps. Mr. Groundhog must have been the only groundhog living there.
Our neighbor came over yesterday with my pie plate. He said the peach pie was delicious and apologized for getting the plate back to me sooner. It's not a problem. Rick said I'd probably be making snickerdoodles pretty soon (I didn't know that!) and they started laughing. Neighbor looked at me and said, "When?"
  • Need to make a run into town this afternoon. Hit UPS to return the C5 Fitbit The butcher shop. Our local ice cream shop (in existence since the 1940s) is closing, so we need to stop for ice cream. I think Rick is going to try to buy several quarts of their teaberry ice cream. He loves the stuff. That and Red Bull shakes. Me, I just get a vanilla cone; sometimes, if I splurge, I'll grab a CMP sundae (Chocolate, Marshmallow, Peanuts), with chocolate ice cream. We're going to miss that place. So many local landmarks are closing. That was also a traditional stop for many people traveling from New York through PA. It was always very busy.
  • Changed the bed sheets (but will do laundry tomorrow)
  • Straighten my desk....looks like a hurricane hit it. Since I can read books again, I always have a ton of cookbooks all over the place. This time, I was looking for some bread recipes. And I have a stack of (new) favorite recipes that I don't want to lose, so I want to put them in a binder or something.
I want to clean the computer room. Wash/Bona the floor. Wash the windows. I can't move everything out of the room by myself; some of it is way too heavy to chance my knee. Rick is going to have to help me. He will, but I need to work on it for a while. I can't just say, "Oh, Dear? I want to move everything out of the room today." I have to set up a day. And then, "Dear? I'd like to clean the computer room on Tuesday. Will you help me?" And then, closer to the day, "Don't forget that we're going to clean the computer room on Tuesday." If I work up to it, it's much better. It was so much nicer when I was younger and could just do it. I used to wait til he went to Oregon for a week (union stuff), take a couple vacation days from work, and rip through the house. I can't do that anymore. I don't like getting older.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Today:
*Quick sweep and morning stuff this moring
* medicate Geoffrey
* Out to play bocce.. it was very humid, raw.. Did not stay for the entire time.
* Errands..
* Got invited to a late lunch with a couple of bocce friends who do to live int the building. They wanted to thank me for keeping them 'in the loop"... I hope we can keep in touch..

Worried about Geoffrey... not good. no pee in almost 24 hours.. call in for IMVET.. hope he calls soon, but what can I do, except for an appointment tomorrow. He is not trying to pee. not at .. not eve. when I am putting him in the litter box..
I fear it is now kidney disease... from the pred.. If so, then I will not allow him to suffer. not at all..
so some hard things upcoming..

Kind of frightened.. a lot of fear.. I cannot allow Geoffrey to be under so much stress. not at all.. At this point, I really do wonder if the SCL has run rampant.. or it this is all medication related.. I mean, how many times can a cat go up and down... This guy has..
I love him, but will not let him suffer... and he is right now.. I can see it in his face.. he is frightened.. not in pain, from what I can see, but he is suffering..

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I hope the vet gets back to you. If it's a result of the meds, can he be switched to something else? Please take care of yourself, too. He can feel your stress. My heart goes out to you.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Dear Richard got his snickerdoodles yesterday, so he's a happy camper. So is our neighbor; I sent 8 snicks over to him. I used a larger scoop that made larger cookies. Rick spent the afternoon groundhog-proofing the WeShed and will finish it up today. Then he'll start working on our equipment shed.
  • Pick up Amber's ashes this morning. I also had to stop the auto-delivery of her Theophylline as they were getting ready to ship it out. It's weird having only 3 cats. I still get four plates out for meals sometimes. We brought the kitty couch back out to the living room (it was in the bedroom) and Mollipop and Tabby are taking turns using it. We're keeping the bedroom door open and they're taking advantage of that, too. We had to be so careful with everything because Amber was a pee-er, so there was a routine that we had to follow every night before we went to bed and when we left the house during the day. If we forgot to do even one thing, she would pee. Rick has noticed that, since Amber isn't here, Molli and Muffin will take turns visiting his lap at night. He's not completely kitty-less. Bless their hearts.
  • Did a Chewy order for canned food for the girls. And now Tabby is turning her nose up at Poultry Platter. It's really hard to find food that they'll all eat. No Mixed Grill anywhere. I've checked all the pet sites for Mixed Grill and no luck.
  • I start walking 1.5 miles today. I'm not going to make 3 miles by the beginning of September, but I guess slow and steady is for the best. I'll get there. Still doing my PT exercises, only every other day now. The knee doesn't feel bad, but I do get twinges every now and then, mainly at night. Doesn't seem to be any swelling. And I lost 6 pounds. Yay, me!
  • We have ants. God, I hate ants. Rick's been using Home Defense around the outer perimeter of the house and we're using Zevo (supposedly not dangerous for pets) around the kitchen window. Rick said he thinks they're now coming in through the electrical socket by the window. These are the tiny ants. I still hate them. The kitchen is clean; I'm a real bear about a clean kitchen because of baking.
We've been having trouble trying to find somebody to side our house. Our contractor passed away at the beginning of the year (Covid). His son took over the business, but then he had guys quitting and he got behind trying to get things done. He thought he'd be able to get to us at the end of August; he fell and broke his ankle, so he's going to be down for quite a while. Meanwhile, the siding and shutters are in our basement. Rick has been calling people, but everybody is so booked up. He finally reached somebody who's coming down next week to give us an estimate.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well so far this morning

I folded a load of dark clothes.

Baked a tray of cookies. That came out of the oven as the generator service guys (who were supposed to come at 2:00 p.m.) pulled into the driveway.

Yes, the plenum was rusting so they replaced it, which service and parts are covered under warranty.

And our intermittent handyman will come this afternoon to cut the grass which has revived from the rain.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Today had a weird start..
*Got up a bit later...
* breakfast for Geoffrey, and myself
* changed bed sheets, organized laundry to wash..
*needed to pick up a script, and do a couple of errands...
*while still in sleep shirt, doorbell rang! It was the electrician!! OMG.. They were supposed to warn us of this.. He had to replace the outlets in the kitchen. They are doing this in the entire building. I still needed to medicate Geoffrey, wash dishes, shower, brush teeth and use asthma inhaler.. as well as moving things out of the way of the outlets!!
The guy was understanding.. saying he could return in an hour. I tried for later, he said no... ugh
* like a human tornado.. I did it all... before the hour was up!!
* read while he was in here..
* when he was done, I went downstairs to the courtyard to watch the staff bocce games..I needed some fun..
*after the game, a few of us practiced some corn hole.

By then, it was too late to go out..
* read a tiny bit...
*supper
*Comedy show tonight, downstairs... if I can stay awake.....

Tomorrow will be errands....

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I was up in the garden yesterday and came down with a couple armfuls of tomatoes and peppers. Those are really the only things still growing now. Well, Rick did replant green beans and they seem to be doing OK. I just wish the bugs would leave them alone. Rick does spray, but the bugs ignore the spray. It's frustrating. I put the veggies on the kitchen counter and they'll finish ripening there.

Spoke too soon about my Fitbit steps. Yes, I did only walk 1.5 miles at one time yesterday. But with all the other walking around and working in the yard, I ended up with 11,500+ steps for the day, a little over 5 miles. And yeah, I'll take that. I don't think my therapist or my doctor would be particularly amused, but well, work is work and it needs to be done. No twinges last night or anything.
  • Breakfast for the girls, empty the dishwasher, grabbed a quick shower, and here I am with my coffee. I'd like to go back to bed, but I'm trying to stay up on days when it's my turn to feed the girls. I tend to sleep better that way.
  • Target to pick up meds for both of us. Maybe Lowes for African violet food.
  • Sweep the deck and patio. Good lord, you'd think fall arrived. Because of the drought, the leaves are raining down. I sweep constantly, but they're still there. I'm sitting back here and can hear the thump, thump of black walnuts dropping. The squirrels are happy. Walnuts all over the place and they can take their pick of the bounty.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Not much going on around here today. House is cleaned, laundry is done.
  • Must scoop litter boxes
  • Try to figure out why Outlook doesn't open all the time. Yesterday, it wouldn't open. Usually, if I restart the computer, it will then open, but I bet I restarted my computer ten times, and nothing. I finally gave up. It finally opened last night. I don't know what's causing it, but it's frustrating as heck.
  • Start working on a grocery list. Usually, when Dear Richard is down to his last bottle of creamer, I know I need to think about groceries.
  • Got a replacement case of Liver and Chicken from Chewy this morning. The case was so dented yesterday that cat food was in the bottom of the shipping box. They sent another case out right away and it came already. Their customer service is excellent.
  • Spend some time on the WeShed deck. We're getting closer to the end of the season and it's been mostly too hot to even sit on the deck. I was out there the other day and sweating like crazy....and it's cooler under the trees! I'll sweep it again, bring the pillows back out and Rick and I can go out for a while.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Today:
*Geoffrey waking me up... sweet boy... wanting me up
* Regular morning stuff
* Gave G the reduced prednisolone dose--amazing how much of a difference it is.
*Went to have extra car key fixed... took a while.. long story
*Went to local Petco for litter---smelt so bad---like sewer gas,, and looked junky, so I walked out. They do have ferrets, but...
*Drove to another Petco for a box of litter
*Iced coffee
*Cuddling with Geoffrey on my bed.. right now...

I should read the book club novel, or make my salad for supper; but I am on my bed, Geoffrey is under the bedspread, next to me.. Just enjoying him.. The beach is quiet.. grey, damp weather.. I hate the high humidity and cooler temp..
I cannot decide what to wear, shorts and t-shirt too cool. Right now I am all covered up.. leggings socks, long sleeve shirt..
The dampness is just too much. I hate to put the AC on, but I may have to--just to cut some of the humidity in here.

I should also do some laundry.. do not feel like it.. so...

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Petco is so lousy now :headshake: I went recently to buy something and the store was so dumpy and disorganized.

Went to work, did laundry, now going back down the rabbit hole looking for new curtains online :crazy:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my dog seems to be sick with something so I've been having to clean up diarrhea and vomit a few times since yesterday (including diarrhea in my bed :fuming:) and as such I've been doing a lot of laundry. I've also been watching YouTube while I cross stitch. About an hour ago I restringed my weed eater and did some weed eating. I again ran out of string because I apparently didn't add enough, but the mosquitos were SOOO bad that I couldn't handle it anymore and came back inside.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I'm so glad G is starting to feel better. I hope he doesn't have to go back on the pred.
MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 How's your dog this morning? Any better?

Mollipop puked again this morning; thankfully, she did it on the kitchen floor and it was an easy clean-up. She's a scarfer; she eats her food so quickly that it just sits there and doesn't digest. Then it comes back up. She'd eat it again, if I'd let her.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, cleaned up after Molli, and am back here with my coffee. I need to scoop this morning.
  • Still muttering at Outlook. Works about half the time.
  • Apple pie in the oven. It's from the freezer. I think we're down to one pie left. Also took some applesauce out of the freezer for Rick. I can see applesauce brownies in his future, maybe tomorrow. That man loves apple desserts of any kind, including just plain old applesauce.
  • Get the laundry ready for tomorrow
Giving my knee a break from walking today. I have 60,000 steps per week as a goal for my Fitbit right now. This morning, I'm at 57,600, so I should reach my goal for the week with little trouble, simply by doing daily chores.

Status
Not open for further replies.