Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
have porkchops defrosting already
ignoring graycie bugging for treats etc. to be added to her canned food she gets half a boiled egg yolk added to her food this morning to help her get rid of the hairball i know is waiting to come out.laughing at my gf as she grumbles herself awake :lol:
call my primary doc to make sure they faxed my ct scans to this new lung doc i see tommorrow

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday Himself decided that two white plastic chairs should be moved to the stoop. There's a third chair too. All of them are grungy, black spots, etc. So this morning before he left for a doctor's appointment I had him put them out on the driveway in front of my garage bay. Hey, I'm not going anywhere. Then I mixed up a bucket with some bleach and laundry detergent. Carefully unwound the hose from the hanger on the house and brought it up to the driveway. Added water to the bucket. Wet the chairs, scrubbed them with the bleach etc solution, hosed off. My goodness, they look - almost - like new chairs. Watered nearby pots, put the hose away. And called it good.

Took homemade burritos from the freezer to thaw for dinner tonight.

Need to scoop litter pan.

Winchester Winchester Pam, I sympathize for what you and Rick are dealing with, with Amber. It's so hard. You are both loving pet parents and I know you'll choose what's best for her.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
did a load of darks

will tackle some light chores

bank

I let BiggerCal out earlier, around midnight, and she was gone for 1.5 hours So unlike her but she and
Daniella have become friends as long as Cal stays away from the food. Cal is very non confrontational
so D doesn't have to worry. I'm surprised C wanted out because of the humidity. It feels like a jungle
the dew points will be in the 70s most of the day, yuk.

prayers for Amber and Geoffrey.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 So glad you are feeling better. It really stinks being depressed.

Geoffrey is doing ok.. We canceled his Vet appointment because he was doing so good this past week end. Now, that the 90-100 degree weather has returned, he is back to hiding more.. and he chooses the hot room!! dam cat!!

I did not sleep well last night. Could too get comfortable.. kept having leg cramps, in both calves.. and at the same time!! It was horrible.
*Back to hibernating today. There is a Air Quality warning out there. I known my breathing will be affected.
*Need to dump and clean litter box.. The new one should be arriving late today
*regular morning stuff.
*Chemo day for Geoffrey
* I will need to get out of the apartment for a bit. I can stand AC, for so long.. then I have to get out. Left a couple of thing in the car
*either read or work on newspaper article.
*huge phone call to make--dreading it.

That is about it..
Nothing good on the menu for supper.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Amber is the same way. In this heat and humidity, she chooses to lie under the couch. There's no air under there!

We are to be in the 70% humidity range from now until next Thursday (I think our weatherweenie said). That's tropical air. I cannot take the humidity anymore. Fans are on in the house. But they're just blowing the hot air around. I'm taking Muffin out to the Shed for a while this afternoon and Rick said he'll join us; the Shed has AC. I'd take the other girls, too, but they get so upset in the Shed that it's not good for them. Muffin likes it out there, as long as I'm with her.

No peaches today. Rick said it's ridiculous to even be thinking about them right now, not in this heat.
Our neighbor came over yesterday to visit with Rick. They took glasses of iced tea out to the Shed deck and sat there for a good hour. He told Rick that farm tomatoes at our farmers' market are $4 for a really small container. (That same size container with peaches is over $7.) I put six nice tomatoes in a container, along with the two of the larger Carmen peppers and brought up some onions from the basement and cleaned them. Gave the container to him before he left to go back home. I think he was happy to get it. Sure, the tomatoes are Romas, not the regular round tomatoes. But they still taste wonderful.
And I roasted tomatoes yesterday morning (while our neighbor was visiting with Rick). I got a good pint of tomato paste. It's not as dry as what commercial paste is, simply because I get too impatient, but it will get the job done.
  • Since I'm not doing peach pies today, there will be no cussing coming from central PA. I must make my pizza dough.
  • The kitchen is cleaned as is the bathroom. A good dusting in the living room to be done yet this morning as well as a bit of a vacuum.
  • Check the new Giant ad and finish my grocery list.
And I think that will be it.

Oh, I did call for an eye appt, but they said I don't need one since I'm just choosing frames. I can just walk in.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
posiepurrs posiepurrs I'm so glad your husband is home!

Tired and hot already this morning. I have my hair up off my neck and am sitting here in a t-shirt and underwear.
  • Just finished breakfast for the girls and got the dishwasher emptied. Drinking my coffee (and wishing it was an iced Pepsi). And then will grab a shower.
  • Straighten up a bit. Bob is coming in for a bit of a visit this afternoon. We have some cat food again that the girls won't eat. Hemi will eat it, so he can have it. And Bob found two cookbooks at the thrift store that he thinks I might like. We'll probably go out to the Deck to chat.
  • Later on, I'll go out to the Shed to read

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester You are so trendy, Pam! Today's NY Times "The Morning" starts off with a lengthy piece (with some charming photos) with the header:
"Good morning. Grab a book and read outside this weekend, if you can. Here’s some inspiration."

I drove my car yesterday! Without first going to an empty parking lot to ease back into it. Himself was checking tire pressure and one valve stem broke off. So I had to follow him to the car repair place to have it fixed. As long as it was there he told them to check the rear brakes. And yes, they needed to be repaired. The shop even managed to slot his car in for that necessary work. So I drove again in the late afternoon when we were able to retrieve his car. But I'll still let him chauffeur me to PT for a while.

And last night I slept through until almost 6:00 a.m. rather than waking at 2:00 or 3:00 a.m. Wonderful! Went back to sleep for another couple of hours. But still, very nice.

Last night before going to bed I mixed up cookie dough, shaped, refrigerated. So the oven is on to bake a batch this morning.

I need to wash / dry / fold a load of whites.

After PT yesterday morning we went to Wal-Mart and Costco. With all the car excitement before going to PT I knew I wouldn't feel like cooking last night. (In fact I rode around Costco on one of those electric carts. Nice!) So among other purchases I bought one of their loss leader roasted chickens. Today I need to take all the rest of the meat off the carcass and use the bones to make broth.

And then read. But likely indoors as I think today will be another heated, hot day.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Thank you. I love the new banner of your gorgeous boys. What sweet faces!!!
Winchester Winchester I hear 'ya about the humidity it's good you have the shed with the lovely ac.

This morning I did a load of smalls and colors.

Read on the deck very early.

Caught up on some sleep.

I will try reading again tomorrow on the deck. The runt of the Gray family came this morning but ran off when I looked at him ha!!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
This heat and humidity has really gotten to me!! and living inside has gotten to me.. also the new steroid inhaler is making me very tired---exhausted. Hoping I can take a good nap today. The emotional roller coaster of frustration, furious feeling from the week has hit me.. all of it combined... I just want to curl into a ball, without any human contact.

*Up early for Mass---I checked the AC is working in church!!
*minimal morning stuff---just dishes, and sweeping litter.
** medicate Geoffrey---chemo day, also...
** need to pick up some yogurt, after mass.
*I think that is all I am planning for the day.

The pull out sofa is calling me.. or just the sofa.. or even the bed. Wanting to cuddle up with a blanket, on the sofa bed, in front of the AC.. no TV, no music, just nothing...

M mia , thank you.. yes, I never realized all the similarities between both Artie and Geoffrey... and the differences..
Now, I really can understand a lot more of their personalities. Artie was a real "male' kitty. If he was feral, he would have been the 'King" of his clan... Geoffrey is more siamese like, in both his skull shape, body, and vocalizations.
And.... Their colorings really do MATCH the colors in each apartment!! How did that happen??

Winchester Winchester I am afraid to ask... how are things? ((Hugs))

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Thanks. Not well. She came out for Rick this morning, walked around the house meowing, went to the water dish (fresh water and ice) and walked away. Rick took food to her in the living room. She turned around and walked away. She hasn't eaten in two days, maybe longer. We keep trying different foods, baby foods, different FF pates. I tried a bit of frozen turkey that I thawed, cooked, mashed, etc. Nothing. I even tried plain old tuna. Nothing. Anyway, this morning, she finally drank a bit of water, went down to the basement door and is down there now, just lying there. Awake, but "the lights are on, but nobody's home". Tabby and Molli refused breakfast because Amber was out. When she went down to the basement door, Rick told me to coax the girls back to their dishes. I did and they ate their breakfast. This whole thing? It's just weird. And it's not good for Rick either. He's trying his damndest to do something, anything. Last night was the first in a while that she didn't even come out to spend time on Rick's lap during the late evening. We've been medicating her faithfully, but well.....

Bob spent the afternoon with us. He brought me two cookbooks he found at the thrift store that he thought I'd like. One is on Mexican cooking; the other is French. There are really some intriguing recipes in both. I told him that, once the weather cooled down, we'd invite him for dinner and I'd cook something from one of the books. Spent the afternoon in the Shed. He loves it there; he says it's so peaceful. It's coming onto football season, so he and Rick had a lot to discuss!
  • Two loads of laundry this morning
  • Clean my filthy desk
  • General straightening-up

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tired this morning. Long night and sleepless. A lot of stuff running through my mind and that makes it difficult to sleep. The girls were ready for breakfast at 6:00.
  • Breakfast for the girls; Rick tried to feed Amber but nope. She has a really bad aversion to food. She did lick it off her mouth, but then she moved away from Rick. I won't even attempt it bc she wants nothing to do with me. It's all Rick.
  • I have PT this morning, likely my last appt. I've been doing my exercises and all seems well, except for stiffness here and there. I'll see if they have anything new that I need. She had told me last week that, if I felt I didn't need this session, I could call, but I'll go in yet today. I can increase to 1/2 mile walking today.
  • Going to look for glasses this morning after PT.
  • Grab groceries. We're on our last gasp at this point. (I told Bob on Saturday that the only thing in the Shed's fridge was a couple Smirnoffs. Or he could have water. Fortunately, he'd never turn down a Smirnoff, so it worked out. I didn't even have any iced tea in the fridge!) And I used the last of the coffee this morning.
  • Rick is up in the garden, so I changed the bed sheets.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Oh.. I feel so bad for Amber and for Rick.. This must be dreadful for all of you... even the kitties.
Amber sounds as if she is really suffering.. and the end is close.
I went through the same thing with Artie. At one point, near the end, I had 5 different plates of food, praying he would eat one of them. Nope. I went to every store I could fine, trying to find a food for him. It was really making matters worse. He would just stay in his tent.. and not come out.. not even for water. His life revolved around medications. nothing more.
It did an emotional number on me.. That is when I knew it was 'time'.. I was a nervous wreck--crying, pleading with him to eat.. everything.
Please give Rick my best.. I think Amber is his Soul Kitty... and that is really something you do not want to lose.. but, it does sound as if it is 'time'...
~~~~~~
another day of the heat wave. It is up to day 5 now.. ugh.. I think we may have some rain predicted for the rest of the week---You know, the predicted occasional thunder storms with a few dribbles of rain.. more like heat lightning..
One came through last evening.. did nothing to the heat and humidity. They are predicting--fingers crossed, that after tomorrow, it may cut down on the heat a tiny bit..Today is Another day with heat index over 100 degrees. I am so tired of staying enclosed.. of keeping windows closed... trying to keep the heat out of the apartment. I would love to shut down the AC and fans, to open up the windows..

Today:
Nothing scheduled, except for regular stuff... I should read, and work on article. I got enough rest yesterday; I was a slug.

Geoffrey was yelling at me this morning, because he dry food bowl was empty!! man, the steroid is making him eat me out of house and home.. and his prescription canned food is out of stock.. I think I have enough stored, in my 'stash' to hold out for a bit.. and I found a place that should ship a couple cases, today.. they have it in stock. It took them months but they have it in stock.

It has been so hot and humid, that the beach is relatively quiet.. not many people have been there, this weekend. Almost empty..
Only one person on the beac right now. It is early, but this is the time when people usually come out.

Still thinking about how I am going to 'deal' with, or 'handle' a couple of close friends. I had a huge verbal fight with one.. His partner, my good friend is taking his side!! dam.. Yes, I was guilty of mentioning it to others, but I was not wrong in the reasons behind it.. They do jot see it. They think it is over something petty.. but it is about more.. That petty thing was the last straw. I told them .. they do not see my side of it. I did apologize to both for yelling, but nothing more..

I am tired of being treated like a 'child' from the guy. He says one thing, does something else. When asked why, all I get is:
"Because I said so"... that does not work with me. He is treating people as a bully and a dictator. I told him that I do mot work for him, I volunteer my services to help him with Bocce. I also told him, that He made me feel as an integral member 'his' team. At one point he said that I would take over running the game for him.. He had me officiate when he was not around. I help with the dues---- I helped him a ton with computer issues, and comprising, printing up notices, etc....
Now, he is not allowing me to help, complaining that he has so much work to do.. is exhausted from it all.. Yes, my feelings are hurt.. but the main thing is, he is bullying me and everyone on the league. Many people dropped out because of him. He states he goes by the rules, but he doesn't.. It depends on whom they apply to, and if he is paying attention to judge the game or not.. People are asking me, and rolling their eyes. I set up a lot of the programs, on my computer. He asked me too.. now, he does not want my help..

He does not see the rolling eyes, the people who ask me for clarification. I cannot lie. I have none .. I have to tell them. It is as if he is running the league as a dictatorship.

He is so frustrating.. I told him I was 'done' with helping him. I am just a member at this point. I will not be treated like an employee.

Yes, I do have a temper. I try to keep it in check, but when I blow, I blow. Unfortunately, everyone saw and heard me blow up, and I was still furious the last day we played--full of anger towards him.. and it came out.. People noticed and asked..

Of course his partner, my friend, heard part of it, and believes him.. not me.. so it is difficult.. and people were agreeing with me.. One thing I learned is that, this place is full of gossip.. so I am the problem.. They may agree with me, but the fact is the gossip...dam..

The heat, the fact that I am really broke because of my scripts, Geoffrey's medical stuff, and my medical stuff, is just a bit too much for me.. I think that this was the straw that broke the camel's back.

anyway.. I have to deal with this.. just venting..

It is getting late, I need to get going.. on to medicate Geoffrey, with pred.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I am sorry you are feeling so stressed. It is a conglomeration of pressure: Geoffrey is fussy, your quondam friend is being a grumpy snark, and the disgusting weather makes everything worse. Know that your friends here on TheCatSite are sending all good wishes to you: the weather will break with welcome rain and lower temperatures, Geoffrey will find his appetite, and your "friend" will realize how much you do and say "my apologies and thank you for your good help."

Himself was thinking of cutting another couple of logs to stove length, stepped outside . . . and decided nope, not this morning. Another brutally hot and humid day, in a string of the same. It is 9:30 a.m. and already 82 degrees Fahrenheit with 85% humidity. And dry, dry, dry.

Saturday night I slept wonderfully well. Last night, Sunday night, was just the opposite. So I feel exhausted and the day has barely begun.

Knee always sore and aches but not as painful as it had been. I am so tired with this. Bed sheets in the washing machine, fed the cats, made my coffee. Will see what the day brings.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom You do not need this stress. I'm glad you stepped back. The guy sounds like someone who is threatened by the work you're doing and your knowledge. And that's a shame. He doesn't see you for the hard worker you are and he doesn't appreciate what you do. You did the right thing. And OK, you yelled. But sometimes it's the only way you can get your point across. He wasn't listening to you. I am sorry about your friend. As for Geoffrey, well, steroids can do that. I'm glad he's eating. Heat, humidity, it's taking a toll on everybody. Sending you lots and lots of ((((hugs)))) :hugs:

C catapault You're doing wonderfully! It's going to take a lot of time and even more patience. I can't even begin to imagine the pain and the stiffness. It has to be difficult.

I got up with the girls at 6:15, but sleep was pretty much non-existent last night. Rick and I lay in bed, just talking, tearing up from time to time. It was hot and muggy and we both had too much stuff on our minds to sleep. It will get better.
  • Two large pans of tomatoes in the oven. What tomatoes we are getting are simply gorgeous, thanks to Rick's watering efforts. I have some peppers to work on. And I think we're going to do what corn we have. It's not going to get any better at this point. So today is pretty much a gardening and processing day.
  • Had to grab a new Fitbit. Back in the spring, after I realized my knee was boogered and I'd need surgery. I put my C3 away. I got it out and tried to charge it and, well, it's charged and synced. But the screen is black. I've tried everything I can think of and even checked it out online. Nothing. So this morning, I bought a Charge 5. Using a Fitbit helps to keep me motivated. Rick started using one several months ago, too, and he said he might upgrade to the C5 as well.
  • Check out the freezers. We need to see what's going on, what we're really running low on, what we have left, etc. I still use my What's in the Freezers? list and need to update.

Status
Not open for further replies.