Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Starting another string of 90+ days with high humidity around here.

Our Boston cream pie was really good. I had a chunk; now Rick can munch down on the rest of it. I couldn't halve it horizontally as it split right down the middle (I was not amused). I cut it vertically at the split, filled it, and put the top layer on. Then I spread the chocolate glaze on it. Looked like half of a two-layer cake. And that was fine; it didn't affect the taste. Just looked a little funky.

My leg is really stiff. I've been icing and icing and trying to stay off the knee, trying to keep it elevated. I think it's from inflammation, but I can't take any Advil or anything to get the swelling down. Achy above the knee and behind the knee. I start PT tomorrow, so maybe that will help.

The girls are still being bratty. Amber has been a part of this clan since before they were all gleams in their fathers' eyes. She's been here longer than any of them. And they hiss and spit and get upset when she comes to the kitchen for meals. This morning, I gave them each a half can of FF. Tabby wouldn't even come out to the kitchen. Finally, I went into the living room, picked her up from the window sill and said, "Now, you listen to me! She's not gonna hurt you! You get over yourself! No! I don't want to hear the hissing! Enough!" Carried her to the kitchen (and she was hissing the whole way), put her down by her plate. She sniffed. "Wait a minute....this is FF! nom, nom, nom" Molli ate and Muffin ate. Tabby ate most of her breakfast, but then Amber walked away from her plate and, well, that was it. Tabby ran. I never knew we had such prima donnas. Brats.
  • I need to work on peppers this morning. Such a beautiful red color. They're simply gorgeous.
  • Change bed sheets and wash the dirty ones. Maybe two loads of laundry.
  • Work on Rick's mom's Kindle. I need to clean it and charge it before I can do anything else to it.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester . Ouchey with your knee. It is probably a combination of you overdoing it with walking and the humid weather arriving.
The humidity started rising late yesterday afternoon. Before that we had a glorious dry sea breeze. I actually had to close the windows a bit.

Today is really up in the air.
* regular morning stuff
* put sofa bed together. I thought I was going to have to sleep on it again, but no.. I was able to sleep in my own bed, with the fan on. It felt so good. I slept in.. I really did. It was so comfortable.. I had the AC on in the living area. The small fan on top of the refrigerator kept it nice and cool.
* I should go into Boston to pick up Geoffrey's script.. just so I feel better and not run short.

*I have things to do around here, but... I am not sure if I will go into Boston today or wait until Wednesday.

Geoffrey had a pretty good weekend. It was much dryer outside, and cooler. The windows were open. Yes, he was hiding under the bed for a good part of the day, but really enjoyed looking out the window.. He even talked to me!! He has not done that in a long time. And his cuddling was better.. Still not playing. I took out a new toy for him.. to lure him out from under the bed----no go.. He read my mind.. wish he was interested in play; I would feel better.

I was bad, and skipped his last dose of steroid, last night. He was under bed, I was stretched out on sofa bed, with AC going.. I fell asleep watching TNG on Pluto.. when I got up, he was out, on top of the sofa bed with me. It was much too late to give it to him. I space out doses every 12 hours; plus, I did not want to put the lights on--to wake me up.. so...
One dose skipping is ok..

Gotta get moving.. Geoffrey is looking out window.. he needs his steroid this morning..

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • I had my first PT session this morning. It's what I needed. The stretching really helped lessen the stiffness. I'm getting around much better already. In fact, she said I am doing very well; I can do my exercises at home this week and go back on Monday for new exercises. And.....I can walk! Ok, it's only 1/4-mile and she stressed no more than that. But it's something. It must only be on a flat surface and she said she'd feel better if I walked in the house for now. No hills, no road, no treadmill. I plugged my FitBit in to charge and will start back up after it's ready. She said I should be ready for my first 3-mile walk by the beginning of September. :yess: Slow and steady.

Amber is having a setback. I found her down by the basement door this morning and I couldn't awaken her. She scared the crap out of me. Rick finally got her awake. She didn't eat her breakfast, just went under the couch. She ate two pieces of kibble for a snack. And she refused lunch. She's not doing well. I don't know what to think.
  • Made a dental appt for Mollipop. Rick said he'll go with me to take her down, but he's not going by himself with her. Not even to drop her off in the morning. :lol: I know, I shouldn't laugh. But I can't help it.
  • Vacuumed, swiffered, general cleaning. I really need to attack the kitchen; it looks really bad. As well as the bathroom.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s howling a gale while being bright and sunny here today. Only the start of August but suddenly milder weather, I hope that doesn’t mean we’re going to get summer early and even hotter than usual. Don’t go, winter! I love you! I haven’t even finished knitting my latest jumper yet! Phoebe and Daisy barely had a chance to sleep on my their new lap rug!

Speaking of which, two of the three tasks for the day are done - Phoebe’s B12 shot and Daisy’s morning Osmolax and SEB doses. Task three, get Mum’s exercises under way.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
C catapault How is your knee? Doing OK?
artiemom artiemom Give G a big hug.
  • Did my PT exercises this morning. It's unbelievable the change in my leg that quickly.
  • Prepared the roast for tonight. I have an eye of round roast for the NFG. Yum
  • Clarence and I are going for a spin this afternoon
  • Not sure about this: need to do some shopping, but maybe will wait until tomorrow.
BTW, I received a lovely Get Well card from my ortho surgeon and the surgical center team. That was very nice of them; I wasn't expecting that.

Last edited:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester My PT says I'm making his job easier because I'm doing so well. I walk without cane or walker, except if I get up at night, no aid other than bannister, even to go up and down stairs. Do laundry, make dinner. Feed cats. Sometimes clean litter pan.

Yesterday Chewy's delivered four 35 pound tubs of Tidy Cat litter. Which now come with hinged lid. We prefer the tubs where the lid is one piece and removes completely. Himself brought them indoors. I transferred litter from hinged lid style tub to the other. Then Himself brought them downstairs to the basement.

Only take acetaminophen at bedtime and once more when I wake in the small hours of the morning. Otherwise a gel ice pac infrequently in the daytime. But am constantly aware of knee aching. Have not been driving yet. Doctor said I can when I feel ready. But I don't.

A friend stopped by yesterday, to bring me 7 different kinds of grape and cherry tomatoes and four lavender and white striped eggplants from her garden, and 6 freshly baked rolls. But the best was just visiting together. She had hip replacement in April. We must have sounded like two old yentas, comparing issues - yes, my husband had to help me swing leg onto the bed in the beginning because I couldn't lift it. Me too!

Probably more than you wanted to know. But you did ask.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes.. for some reason, my font is tiny, and I cannot enlarge it.. even all the headers where the font size, emoji's are there ,but faint and I cannot click on any.. weird..

C catapault You are doing awesome!
When I had PT for my shoulder, the therapist told me I made her job easier because I did not give her flack about it, followed through and did all the exercises. I was faithful to them. Now, I have a better range of motion in that shoulder than my non surgical one.. I think having the long head of the biceps tendon loosed it up... but I still have pain...

Winchester Winchester (((Hugs)))
I will give G a huge hug... You still amaze me.

Today:
*Regular morning stuff--Pred for Geoffrey
*Chemo pill for Geoffrey
*Attended a Corn Hole Game class.. played for a good hour... We are going to have a league! It will be fun.. The gym/exercise guy is in charge of it.
*Resting with an iced coffee and a container of yogurt for lunch

Will be getting up soon, to give G some laxatone---IF he is out from under the bed.
He is feeling better this week, Thank God!! cancelled Vet appointment for Friday.. Blood test, next week..

* need to work on: either reading our September Book for the book club__A Farewell to Arms.. or work on my next article for the newspaper..

That is it for today..

Fell asleep again, last night, watching TNG...

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Pam, how is Amber? Has she perked up? Winchester Winchester

did a load of laundry

washing dishes by pacing myself

have a Walmart order coming this morning

I have given more thought to being in the clinical trial at CC Pain Management. I have till the end of the year and they need more people.

going to be hot, humid and raining or so they say.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Pam, I hate to ask about Amber... but I am thinking about all of you..💕

Today is very busy:
*quick regular morning stuff
* Out to Boston for 3 appointments-- one on one side of Boston, the other two the others side of Boston!
*Home to collapse from the day, and heat.. It is going to be 100 degrees today.

Poor Geoffrey will be hiding under my bed, in the hot bedroom.. I do not leave any fans on when I leave the house. The AC will be on in the living area. I have the windows open now, to get some air in here--- the last fresh air for several days, so I a taking advantage of it. I will close them and become a hermit again, before I leave.. poor baby..

Yesterday afternoon, he came out and stayed in his carrier. I am guessing the his little mind is thinking that his carrier is a 'safe' place for him. I never bother him when he is in there. The most I do is open the top and pet him.. talking sweetly to him. He was on my bed when I woke up, coming up to my face for bunting, loving.. sweet boy..
ate like a piggy this morning~1/2 of a 5 oz can. I will leave out a 1/3 cup dry when I leave.

That is it.. nothing more...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 and artiemom artiemom Amber is barely eating enough to stay alive at this point. I haven't seen her drink anything, although she could be coming out at night. She still comes out from under the couch to be with Rick during the evening. We are giving her her meds, but she immediately hacks them right back up as soon as I put her back on the floor. And really, she looks terrible. Rick says he has seen her washing her face, but she looks bad. She's alert and she walks fine. But I don't know how long this can go on and Rick and I are upset with each other. We both want what's best for Amber, but it's what WE think is best and we don't agree on that. It's really hard. Thanks for asking. I know I should have started a thread in the Health section, but I didn't think it would last this long. She has bounced back before.
artiemom artiemom Kudos to the G's breakfast! Always good news! I'm so glad he came to you this morning.

The heat and humidity are horrid already this morning. We've been in the 90s for a couple of days again and it shows no signs of any rain. We have the fans running full tilt.
  • A pan of roasting tomatoes is in the oven. I chopped peppers, put them on a sheet, and threw them in the freezer. I'll bag them with the Food Saver in a little while.
  • I need to clean my filthy kitchen! I told Rick that I don't remember it ever being this bad. The counters and sink need a good cleaning. The walls behind the counters need wiped down. The appliances need to be wiped. I need to get into the fridge, take the stuff out, wipe it down, and then put it all away again. What a mess. And then get into the bathroom and do the same thing.
  • Make an eye appt to choose and be fitted for glasses and sunglasses. And while I'm at it, make an appt for a hair cut.
  • Make crumbs for pie crusts and get them chilled over night (I make my crumbs the night before, chill them overnight, then I add the liquids to make the crusts. Yes, I'm a big fan of the Pillsbury dough boy. No, I am not a big enough fan that I'm willing to pay almost $5 for a package of 2 crusts. Not when I can make 6 pie crusts from my MIL's recipe. You'll hear cussing coming from central PA tomorrow; I can pretty much guarantee it. I hate making pie crust.) We're going for peaches tomorrow and I want to make five peach pies. I also want to try a recipe for peach iced tea. And make a pint or so of peach BBQ sauce; it would be so good on pork and even chicken. But that's it. I'm not buying a huge amount of peaches, maybe 1/2 bushel. And I'm not sure that's enough for what I want. But we'll see.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
go to a dr appt this afternoon
check my mail
get letters ready to be mailed
put my clean laundry away a little at a time

Status
Not open for further replies.