Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the compliment, artiemom artiemom

It rained yesterday! Between the 1:30 a.m. thunder and very bright lightening storm and the evening follow up we got close to 6/10ths of an inch of very welcome rain. Everything looks so green again. Maybe that's why I slept reasonably well last night, first time since my knee surgery on July 13.

Today we'll stop at the post office on the way to PT. I had collected some seeds of Mirabilis 'Albsa' and 'Orange Crush' that I'm mailing to someone who has one of the wild species and he will send me seeds in exchange.

Then PT. Next week it drops back to twice a week from the current three. No idea how long PT continues - weeks, months? Surgeon said I can drive when I feel up to it. I don't, not yet.

And then we'll see what the rest of the day brings.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom You rock! But I just had meniscus; C catapault is the real hero here! That's how Rick felt about Mollipop; he was so embarrassed. Never has any of our cats acted that way.

Amber's system is working anyway. We got a bit of poop this morning. She's been coming out to use the litter box and we've been checking to see what she does. She had breakfast and just now had her after-breakfast breakfast. Rick gave her a good brushing and got another cat from all the fur. She was out and walking around. Molli was hissing. Tabby was glaring. And Muffin doesn't care one way or the other. We gave her the meds and she's back under the couch. We can hear her muttering about the indignities she's suffering.

Dr. called again yesterday afternoon, just to see if I was following the instructions and to see how my leg was doing. I'm fine, pretty much. I take the bandages off today. Clarence and I are going for a ride tomorrow.
  • Got 2 loads of laundry ready and Rick is taking them down to the washer and dryer. Changed the bedsheets.
  • A loaf of no-knead bread is rising.
  • Rick did get my vodka and bourbon, so I'll be working on vanilla this morning.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Busy day:
*up semi early
*Regular morning stuff--including all medications for Geoffrey
*had yearly apartment inspection. Took all of 3 minutes! Property management person, walked in did a 360, and said, "your done"! I said, HUH.. she repeated.. and out she went. Facilities Director, ran garbage disposal for a few seconds--done.. Maintence guy, ran faucets in bathroom, flushed toilet, and done... Wow.. Fastest inspection ever... but, I did not even prep for it. Just did a quick dusting Wednesday, and swept this morning, wiping down bathroom sink..
* Went for groceries, home
*Back out to do a couple errands.
*have quick newspaper later this afternoon.

Hot outside, but not humid.. AC is running. Geoffrey is under bed. He came out to nibble.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom how is geoffrey doing ?
Geoffrey has good days, bad days, and bad periods... He basically the same. Hiding from me, under the bed, no desire to play (new), and being very listless and exhausted some days. ImVet and I do not know if anything is physically wrong wrong with him, if it is psychologically related, or a change in our bond due to medicating him. We do not know .

Some days, as in yesterday, was a good day: interactive, talking to me, looking out the window, etc.. no play.

Today, he is under bed, coming out only for food and litter box.

He was a strong cuddler, used to call me to cuddle with him. Now, he is not calling me; and is not cuddling very much. When he does, it is a short, quick cuddle or just sitting on the bed with me. Before treatment, I was able to get him to love being brushed. Our sessions were 10-15 minutes; Now, they are short, about 5 minutes if I am lucky. He seems restless--at times. I am finding him on very different spots on the rug. That is unusual.. I know where he use to hang out: on top of my bed, next to his catnip toys, on top of the hamper, or looking out the window.

Now, he is only occasionally looking out window. I do not know if that is from the AC being on, or the heat, or what.

Geoffrey is really testing me. I cannot understand his demeanor at all. One day this week, he looked as if he was sick. very lethargic. I could see it on his face.

The IMVet is confused. I am confused. I am trying not to over read or overreact. The IMVet thinks I am. I do not; I am just confused. Supposedly, the Chlorambucil should not give him these issues.. It is every other day, and I am confused by all of this.

He is eating well, pooping, peeing, drinking ok... some fur is thinning along his lower spine--from the Prednisolone.

So, he is complicated. No vomiting since July 1... that is a huge accomplishment.

But, this is "Name Three Things" Thread--- not Geoffrey's thread.. so... I do not want to hijack this.
Thank you for asking

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I'm so sorry. It's good that he's not been vomiting. But you're worried about him. I don't think you're over-reacting at all! Yes, it could be simply a medicating thing, in that he's tired of the meds and needs a break. But you can't do that. I get that. It could just be the heat and humidity, although you have AC in your apartment. :hugs:

Came out to the living room this morning and there was Miss Amber, perched on the back of the couch, wide awake, and wondering what was taking me so long to do breakfast. She came out to the kitchen, sat down, and waited for her food. Didn't eat much at all, but anything is something. She's back under the couch, but, well, she was out for a while.
  • And so it begins....tomatoes. I have enough to roast a small cookie sheet for tomato paste, so that will be done this morning.
  • Sweep the deck, although I don't think I'm putting any of the Shed plants outside. Just the rug and the pillows for the chairs. I can't move fast enough should we get wind/rain. Not that I expect any wind/rain. Unfortunately. Maybe a bare spritz here and there.
And I think that's pretty much it. Only two things. But that's enough for today.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I'm so sorry. It's good that he's not been vomiting. But you're worried about him. I don't think you're over-reacting at all! Yes, it could be simply a medicating thing, in that he's tired of the meds and needs a break. But you can't do that. I get that. It could just be the heat and humidity, although you have AC in your apartment. :hugs:

Came out to the living room this morning and there was Miss Amber, perched on the back of the couch, wide awake, and wondering what was taking me so long to do breakfast. She came out to the kitchen, sat down, and waited for her food. Didn't eat much at all, but anything is something. She's back under the couch, but, well, she was out for a while.
  • And so it begins....tomatoes. I have enough to roast a small cookie sheet for tomato paste, so that will be done this morning.
  • Sweep the deck, although I don't think I'm putting any of the Shed plants outside. Just the rug and the pillows for the chairs. I can't move fast enough should we get wind/rain. Not that I expect any wind/rain. Unfortunately. Maybe a bare spritz here and there.
And I think that's pretty much it. Only two things. But that's enough for today.
I have AC in the living area/kitchen. My bedroom does not have AC. It is the room where Geoffrey stays.. hiding.. When they constructed this building, 44 years ago, they installed the cheapest way out of everything.. but no AC in the bedroom?
Crazy.. The windows do not allow a window unit. A side crank window.. I have fans going in the Bedroom.

Geoffrey seems to have had a semi good day, yesterday. He perks up in late afternoon, evening. Right now, the AC is off, it is much dryer outside, so he is in the living area, on the rug. A bit constipated. He has had a couple of pretty good days in a row. The weather had improved a bit for a couple of days. We will see how this week-end goes with him. It is a cooler weekend.. then the HHH weather returns (hazy, hot, humid) ....
I am really living in my shorts, this summer.

So good to hear about Amber.. Out and waiting for food is a major thing. She may want to nibble during the day!

*regular stuff ~~ perhaps a shortened version. I need to go up to a Trader Joes which carries liquor. We are have a couple of night bocce games this week, and the next 3 weeks. I am bringing some cheese and crackers. The president of the league, a friend, is supplying red wine. It is going to be hot, so I am going to get some white wine, and I need another box of crackers-- and some trail mix for myself.
The way up to this TJ's is gong to be crowded. I have to go north.. and on a Saturday---UGH..

That may be my day...

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Our Connecticut house did not have air conditioning. We did, eventually, have a room air conditioner installed through the wall in our bedroom, under a window. It stayed in place year round, with a cover over the outside portion in the winter. Could you get a note from your doctor saying that for your health this is necessary? And then try to get management to install it.

PT yesterday, and I think the therapist was too enthusiastic when manipulating my leg. It ached and I had trouble sleeping Friday night, while Thursday night was the best since surgery. Will discuss this with him on Tuesday.

I am, slowly, getting back to my normal routines. This morning I fed the cats, scooped their litter pan, brought a box of 24 cans of cat food up from the basement. Woo hoo!

Now drinking my coffee, sitting at the computer with a cat in my lap.

We are planning to go to the IGA in town this morning. It's out of the way and parking should not be a problem.

There's a big issue this summer with non-residents coming to town, filling up parking places, and making a crowded mess along the river: barbecue grills and open fires - we're in a drought, people, and this is illegal anyhow. Leaving trash all over the place, everything from food containers, empty beer cans, used disposable baby diapers and more. Swimming in the river - there are no life guards and the Delaware is a powerful river.

They also do not, apparently, spend much if any money in town. What do they care about tourist attracting antique stores. They bring their own food - not shopping in cafes - and booze, are coming for a day out - which is understandable in this brutally hot weather we've been having but still, why mess up the river shoreline, poop and go - and yes, they are apparently pissing and pooping in public.

On Mondays volunteers collect multiple bags of trash. The mayor has been talking to DEP and Park Dept. They put up orange plastic fencing along river and roadway at access points - which has apparently been torn down. There's been discussion of installing parking meters and providing permits for resident.

Residents are now upset that they won't be allowed to swim. I'm annoyed about parking meters - we are not residents but do shop in town.

What a mess.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Well, I can't say that I've missed that sound, but I was (kind of) glad to hear it. Amber was screaming bloody murder for breakfast this morning. And she ate quite a bit. She didn't clean her plate, but she ate. The other girls? Well, they won't eat breakfast or supper if Amber's in the kitchen. And I don't know why. They hiss at her, not that she cares. Muffin doesn't care, as long as the food is there, she's eating it. Mollipop and Tabby are turning into real brats when it comes to Amber. I walked into the bedroom this morning and there was Mollipop, not even two feet away from Muffin. It must be the whole "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing or something like that. I don't understand these guys. I never will. Poor Amber. I feel sorry for her. My girls are brats.

We don't have AC in the house. Just never bothered with it. Dear Richard has stated (more than once this summer) that this will be the last summer we don't have AC. Most of the time we're OK. These 90+ days, along with the humidity, are wearing on us.
  • I just took a 9-inch one-layer cake out of the oven to cool. Making a Boston cream pie for dessert tonight. Finished making a small bowl of potato salad for dinner. (I was on Pinterest and saw some recipes for Boston cream poke cake. They didn't appeal to me, but did make me hungry for a regular Boston cream pie.)
  • Work on a grocery list. Figure out some meals for later on this week. We're going back into the 90s, so dinners will be fast and nothing exotic.
  • I tell you, I'm about ready to do a rain dance! I don't know if hobbling around on a bum knee would count as a rain dance, but if it does, I'm ready.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
glad all went well with knee. So funny about vet. , Pam. Winchester Winchester
hope you are all doing well💖

washed bedding

fed my gang

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey has good days, bad days, and bad periods... He basically the same. Hiding from me, under the bed, no desire to play (new), and being very listless and exhausted some days. ImVet and I do not know if anything is physically wrong wrong with him, if it is psychologically related, or a change in our bond due to medicating him. We do not know .

Some days, as in yesterday, was a good day: interactive, talking to me, looking out the window, etc.. no play.

Today, he is under bed, coming out only for food and litter box.

He was a strong cuddler, used to call me to cuddle with him. Now, he is not calling me; and is not cuddling very much. When he does, it is a short, quick cuddle or just sitting on the bed with me. Before treatment, I was able to get him to love being brushed. Our sessions were 10-15 minutes; Now, they are short, about 5 minutes if I am lucky. He seems restless--at times. I am finding him on very different spots on the rug. That is unusual.. I know where he use to hang out: on top of my bed, next to his catnip toys, on top of the hamper, or looking out the window.

Now, he is only occasionally looking out window. I do not know if that is from the AC being on, or the heat, or what.

Geoffrey is really testing me. I cannot understand his demeanor at all. One day this week, he looked as if he was sick. very lethargic. I could see it on his face.

The IMVet is confused. I am confused. I am trying not to over read or overreact. The IMVet thinks I am. I do not; I am just confused. Supposedly, the Chlorambucil should not give him these issues.. It is every other day, and I am confused by all of this.

He is eating well, pooping, peeing, drinking ok... some fur is thinning along his lower spine--from the Prednisolone.

So, he is complicated. No vomiting since July 1... that is a huge accomplishment.

But, this is "Name Three Things" Thread--- not Geoffrey's thread.. so... I do not want to hijack this.
Thank you for asking
Cindy, my Lena wen through a period like Geoffrey is having. so the doc gave her an anti depressant, amitriptyline;
a very old one. She was on it for about 3 months. She was upset about the divorce, missed her dad, and missed me when I went to work. She was a very sensitive baby girl.💞

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, right now I am undecided as to keeping the appointment or wait a bit longer.
Yesterday was a less humid day--hot but less humid. I had the windows open most of the day. I put the AC on at night.
He did pretty good. It was a pretty good day and night. I am so confused as to what to do. His Vet appointment is Friday., with blood tests. His next blood test is scheduled for 8/10.. should I keep the Vet's, postpone it till after the blood test? or go in Friday? Dam.

He was talking, cuddling, but no play yesterday. Appetite too good, pee are in huge clumps 3- 4 times a day. I give him extra water, 10mm at least twice a day, add extra water to his food, and he does drink a bit more. I wonder if he is a diabetic?
~~~~~
Today;
* did not sleep well last night.
* up early for Mass
* grocery store
* phone call
*second cup of coffee
* prednisolone for G
* Soon, I have to give Geoffrey his chlorambucil. I wait until late morning for that.

Have to put sofa bed away so I can vacuum. I have not done that for a couple days. I have swept the litter from floor, daily.

I think we need the AC on. It is getting hot in here. Dry, hot, sunny day. In the high 80's... Tomorrow the heat and humidity really set in for the entire week..

I need to work on my next newspaper article and read the book for the bookclub.

I also need to call in and pick up G's prednisolone. It is a crap shoot either, driving in to pick it up, or pay a $15 fee for mailing. ugh...

Status
Not open for further replies.