Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
C catapault Glad to see you here this morning. Sounds like it's all going well, other than the pain.

Ortho weenie called yesterday. They had a cancellation for surgery at the end of the month and did I want to come in then? Yes, please! So I'm scheduled for the end of July, rather than sometime in August.

Rick got up with the girls this morning. Molli was a complete bully and a PITB. First she puked in the water dish. While Rick was cleaning up and putting a clean water dish down, she cornered Muffin at the litter bench in the kitchen. Then she went after her again in the cat tree. By that time, she was definitely due for a time-out, so he put her in the bedroom with me and shut the door. She awakened me to tell me her tale of woe, curled up with me, and we both went back to sleep. And it wasn't even 6:00 yet! They hadn't even been up for 30 minutes! Such a brat she can be.

Baby bunnies seem to be doing well in the red beet bed. A fawn is nesting between the raised bed with the peppers and our bolted asparagus. We think mama either just left her there or can't come back to her. She seems to be doing OK, but I'm worried about her. Still in spots, but she looks too big to still be nursing. She leaves when we go up close to the raised beds, but if we're inside the fence around the corn and tomatoes, she just lies there. Poor baby. Rick says to leave her alone because mama could be coming back in the night. But I'm worried.
  • Try to finish up with the brush outside. Rick is now taking the chainsaw to the lower branches of some of the white pines that look terrible. As he's been cutting, I've been dragging the branches to one spot. We'll pile them into the truck and take them down to be ground into mulch.
  • Call a tree service. We have three blue spruce trees that are leaning pretty badly. If the one goes, it will probably end up on our neighbor's property. We need to get all three taken down. I've given up on privacy at this point. Years ago, our trees at the property lines afforded us tons of privacy and then some. We lost a bunch of trees in storms at the western and northern ends of our property. And then our neighbor to the west cut down his trees that were there because they put a pool in and didn't want the leaves. And they were such nice trees. In case you haven't noticed, we have a thing for trees.
  • Clean a bit back here in the computer room. I have a bunch of recipes on my desk, blankets that need to be put away, dusting that needs to be done, all that good stuff.
And that will be our day, I think.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
At hospital at 5:45 a.m. yesterday. Back home at 12:45 p.m. Had one oxyxodone at hospital but knee so painful when we got home - from sitting in the car for an hour, I think - that I took another one. Knee is very sore. Did get upstairs last night, and back down this morning. It's going to be a long slow recovery I expect.
It is amazing you made it up and down stairs on your first day!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Hot this morning. I was outside, checking on the hydrangeas, the bunnies, and to see if the fawn was back again. I had left some slivered carrots, peas, and blueberries, along with fresh water up there last night; they weren't touched. I hope she's OK. Rick said that if mama doesn't get the bunnies out of the red beet bed soon, he's going to have to put them on the ground. That scares me because of cats, hawks, etc. Right now, they're hiding under red beet leaves, so they're fairly safe. I've noticed some leaves with what looks like bite marks, either from babies or, more likely, mama bunny.
  • After I came in from checking on critters and flowers, Muffin and I went out for a walk. It's just terribly hot and the grass is crunchy. I noticed that some of our tomatoes are finally starting to turn. Muffin and Tabby are back in bed and I have the window fan on for them. Molli is lounging in the cat napper at the window.
  • The onions are showing signs of being able to be pulled, so I'm going to pull some and put them on the back deck to start curing. I may simply chop the onions up, put them on cookie sheets and let them freeze that way. Then measure out 1-1/2 cup servings, and use the food server to freeze them. I think I can pull some red beets, too. I'll blanch them, throw them on cookie sheets, too, to freeze, then put them in food saver bags. I'll freeze the beet water, too, and use that for pickled eggs later on. Rick refuses to eat red beets in any way, shape, or form, but he will eat pickled eggs. Me? I love red beets! I even throw them into my salads. And I want to get some of this stuff done before my knee surgery.
  • As Rick does more pruning this afternoon, I'll get the brush onto the truck to be taken down to be mulched.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , I had a very young fawn in my yard for two days. I don’t know if mama was with her at night and leaving her there in the morning but she was finally gone on the third day. I regularly find deer poop in the yard so I know they must be visiting at night.

I have things I could or should do today but it’s just too hot. I made a quick trip to Walgreens but I think that is going to be it for the day.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is a much cooler day---low humidity at 78 degrees, with a sea breeze...There are tons of kites flying on the beach.. so cute.. One is a puppy dog, beagle, with ears and tail flapping in the breeze, and the little legs going!! I am turning my head to watch them out the wall of windows..

Today:
* regular morning stuff, which now includes Geoffrey's meds
*Chemo day for Geoffrey
* out to local farmers market.
* Iced Coffee

Not doing much today. The city's farmers market started up on July 1. It has been a while since I have been to it, with Covid, and such.
I decided to go today. I was disappointed as there were only 2 produce venders. The prices were pretty comparable-- one dollar difference here and there; and the prices are outrageous. People were talking about how expensive things were.

Since this is a real treat-- a luxury more than anything else, and I do not have a garden. I really miss home grown tomatoes, cucumbers and basil, so I decided to splurge.
I picked up 2 local peaches, 2 tomatoes, 2 ears of corn, small bunch of broccoli, a couple pickling cucumbers, and a large pint box of local blueberries. I also splurged on a pack of farm baked pumpkin chocolate chip cookies---so good--cakey in description. (already ate 2 with my iced coffee)

I was debating what to have for supper. I had taken some hamburger from the freezer, for the week-end. I have so many thoughts when it comes to food-- but never follow through for one reason or another.
I bought the broccoli to go with a plain burger.. I got the corn to eat along side of it. The tomatoes were supposed to be for a salad; but, on the way home, I was driving past an Italian Deli... Thoughts of my childhood: a tomato and cheese sandwich on white bread, with mayo!! YES!!

Crazy me, waited in line for 20 minutes, just to get some freshly sliced Land o' Lakes cheese. Everyone else was stocking up on cold cuts for the week-end, or ordering mega subs.

Yup, the tomato and cheese sandwich for tonight. The hamburgers (really just a thick burger with cheese, broccoli, and corn on the cob, for the rest of the week-end.. and possibly Monday..

Cannot wait to taste the farm grown tomato.. It smells so good. After growing them for so many years, I am a 'sniffer'.
They had some gorgeous heirloom tomatoes, but really out of my price range.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Decided I am not doing much this weekend as far as intense cleaning. Sometimes I need a weekend where it doesn't feel like all I did was clean.

Today I need to...
Strip and remake the beds
Wipe down the bathrooms
Do a couple loads of laundry

Husband and I are switching cars because mine has a slow oil leak and because I drive so much, we are having to put a quart in every week. My husband's current car is a pig sty and there is no way I am going to take it over like that. So I need to go through and scrub the inside and outside before Monday rolls around.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick is out at a public auction, still looking around for a rototiller. He may also check out an Amish benefit public auction. They have the benefit auctions a couple times a year and the funds are used for Amish medical bills and such. He's basically hitting that up to see what kind of baked goods they have. :lol: I really wanted to go, too, but I don't think I could stand up very long. And I didn't want to hang out in the sun.

I have four large, thinly sliced onions in the dehydrator. Put them in last night. Hopefully, the end result will be onion powder. They're not even close to being ready yet to put through the blender/coffee grinder (I'm really leery of using the coffee grinder for fear I'll never get the smell out!). Never made onion powder before, just tomato powder and pepper powder. And the house stinks of onion! I froze 12 small FoodSaver bags, each with 1-1/2 cups of chopped onions yesterday. More to do today.
  • Changed the bedsheets and washed the dirty ones
  • Work on freezing more onions this afternoon
  • A quick vacuum and swiffer in the living room and kitchen
Nothing big.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It is still blazing hot and I really don’t feel like doing anything. I got my application in this morning for my big winter craft show which will be my last. I have had a sewing business on Etsy for nearly eight years but decided I am tired of sewing/selling and will sell my remaining product at the December craft show.

I may do some straightening in the walk in closet today. Because of its size it tends to be the dumping ground. Other than that I have a jigsaw puzzle to pick away at.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
It is really hot outside: 82 degrees for us. We are on the shore, no sea breeze at all. It Dows not feel all that humid, but the humidity is creeping up. The humidity and heat really bother my asthma. I find a hard time breathing.
Held out as long as I could before putting AC on.

*Regular morning stuff--G got his pred.
* So happy to see G getting high off of his catnip pickle!! He was literally on his back, just staring into space.. and then hugging it..
*went out to grocery store,
*Iced coffee..
I went to my local Petco to pick up some litter. The store is in disarray! nothing on shelves. I really needed to get some litter. I stopped the auto delivery because they increased the delivery charge, making delivery not worth it.
They were all out of Dr Elsey's blue litter.. all gone!! Most of the litter was gone!!
I debated between their litter; which I tried before, tracks a lot- or Tidy Cat Multi Cat fragrance free.. I tried the multi cat. It has some type of stuff in it to keep the litter from smelling. I think Charcoal? Who knows.. no smell. I opened up the jug before I bought it.

I put a little bit in the litter box, to see if Geoffrey notices. I do not think he is particular about litter.

I need to wash the box, and change out the litter, this week. We will see. It was about the same price as Dr Elseys.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick got the last lilac out of the ground last night. That end of the house looks completely different, so open. They were old, probably planted the first couple years after we built the house, almost 40 years ago. Barely blooming anymore. And way out of shape. I asked if he could just work on shaping them and trying to get them to start blooming again, but he wanted them gone.
  • Those onions just were not dry enough yesterday or even last night. They're supposed to break, not bend. And they bent or ripped apart. They're ready today, so after I've finished my coffee, I'll try my luck at onion powder. If you hear cussing coming from central PA, I'm having "issues"! (I am almost out of onion powder, so they came at a good time.)
  • Process onions this afternoon.
  • Order food-grade gloves from A. I want to get my red beets done before I go for knee surgery, but I also don't want to go in with red hands. I'm very messy, so I'd be red from head to foot.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Last week I bought some fresh ravioli pasta that was really good so I decided to pick up another package. Visited three grocery stores today before I found it. It’s nice to have three different grocery chain stores relatively close by but not when you can’t remember where you bought something.

This morning I spent time working in the garage preparing the hole in the floor (where the drain used to be ) for concrete patch. The stuff I need to use isn’t premixed so after I pick it up tomorrow from Home Depot I am going to experiment with mixing it and starting the repair. Because It’s such a deep hole it have to fix it in layers. Fortunately the dry mix comes in 20 pound pails rather than large ones I couldn’t move.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
My onion powder was a success and I am pleased. I posted about it in the Foodies section.
Finally! Rain! T-storms during the night last night, but with a nice, gentle rain. I swear you could hear the grass moaning in esctasy. Along with the hydrangeas. And the corn. And the peppers. And so on. I don't know what the neighbors thought at 2:00 this morning when I was yelling, "Yes! Yes!" :blush:
  • I've had the second batch of onions in the dehydrator since yesterday afternoon. Don't know if they'll be ready today.
  • A quick vacuum about the house
  • Work/read in the Shed.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Got my first layer of concrete patch down in the garage first thing this morning. Half a plastic kitty litter jug made a great mixing container. Messy but pretty simple to mix to right consistency and spread, sort of like frosting a cake.

I discovered yesterday that I had a few big and high up branches broken and hanging off my Linden tree. I eventually have to deal with that but not today.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I said to myself I wasn’t going to do anything about it today but I am not good at ignoring problems so I ended up checking around and found a young man who does tree jobs on the side and he is going to cut my broken branches down on Friday for a very reasonable amount. I still have to do all the hauling of the branches to the yard waste site but I can take my time doing that.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Today was busy. and very humid and hot...
*Regular morning stuff--Geoffrey meds also
*Vacuumed
*a couple quick phone calls
*dumped some garbage in trash room.
* Got an iced coffee and a tiny bran muffin for lunch, from the store; spoke to a couple people downstairs.
*Washed down, and dumped Litter Genie, along with some trash
*Did a full clean out of litter box---need a new one, stuff is sticking.
The plastic bag had a hole in it... yup, litter all over the place.. I kept picking it up and stepping on it. It is never-ending. Kept vacuuming, sweeping, but it never goes away! UGH...
*I got the time mixed up---- ate a very early supper, of: leftover tiny plain hamburger with a slice of cheese on it, some broccoli, and tomato, peach from farmers market.. so good. One more tiny burger for tomorrow--with broccoli and corn on the cob, from farmers market.
*dishes

Trying to relax now.. Just had some cashew butter coated cashews from Trader Joes---so so..

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what the neighbors thought at 2:00 this morning when I was yelling, "Yes! Yes!" :blush:
lmao!!! so you and Rick had some fun?🤣

we had rain as well. yesterday I took out 6 bags of rubbish

3 loads washing done

ate the food cole sent from Sunday's dinner
barbq. chicken
mac and tuna salad, best i ever had
green beans, fresh
brownies my mother's recipe (it's the tablespoonful Madagascar Vanilla)
she gave me an extra container of the mac salad

today

will have a huge salad with fresh early girl's and fresh english cukes with bleu cheese dressing
mac and tuna salad, more chicken, Ben&Jerry's Sea Salt caramel with a blondie core

no laundry

hopefully read outside if the dew point lowers

snuggle with Bigger Cal💖💞

feed the Gray family: feral gray kitten, 3 , and mama, Daniella, and Robbie

Status
Not open for further replies.