Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good point, susanm9006 susanm9006 Have a 2 wheel walker and a 4 wheel walker with seat, also cane, even a basket for the walkers. Plus a transfer bench for the bathtub. All this is from when Himself hurt his back a few years ago. And there is even a recliner where I can take my required / authorized two naps a day.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Good point, susanm9006 susanm9006 Have a 2 wheel walker and a 4 wheel walker with seat, also cane, even a basket for the walkers. Plus a transfer bench for the bathtub. All this is from when Himself hurt his back a few years ago. And there is even a recliner where I can take my required / authorized two naps a day.
You sound set and ready. I am sure it will feel good to just to have it over with.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Apparently there is no more cartilage remaining in my left knee. It's bone on bone. Knee clicks when bending / straightening. Not agonizing pain but constantly sore. Which limits walking up / down stairs, walking even on flat surfaces, even more so on uneven ground. Clearly, it is time.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I wok up very late this morning. I was sleeping on the pull out, in front of the AC. Geoffrey is afraid of the AC ... So it was only cuddles for an hour or so, while I was on my side, watching TV. When I shut it off, he never returned. Stays in mu very warm bedroom,..

Since I was up late--- cut back on some things;
*Washed dishes, medicated Geoffrey, brushed him.. trying to cajole him into cuddling--no go.. still hiding from me.. afraid of me.. dam
*Did a quick Swiffer of the kitchen and bathroom, where the litter box is. Used, hand held vacuum to pick up the litter
*showered,
*and out to Grocery store.. What a zoo! I was planning on going tomorrow morning, after Mass. Since we have not had any rain, my plans changed.
* Just resting, after putting groceries away and going to trash room
* Snacking on some red pepper hummus and pita chips, an iced coffee
* Next thing is to wash out the litter box. and back to trash room
* Vacuum

Easy supper: bought a couple small finger sandwiches of lobster salad... A splurge for me..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
C catapault Knee surgery? What are you having done? I hope everything goes well.
artiemom artiemom Geoffrey is leery bc of all you're doing with him right now. Poor guy. But he still loves you! :hugs:

Not much going on today. Wishing for rain.
  • Two loads of laundry
  • Bring the shed plants back out onto the deck. I had taken them inside because we were "supposed" to get showers and t-storms yesterday. We received about 10 minutes of spritz all day.
  • Make up a very small list for Rick to grab a few groceries, basically milk (to make a hot milk sponge cake for dessert on the 4th) and bread, tomatoes. Still going for main groceries once a month, but I really need milk for that cake.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
milk (to make a hot milk sponge cake
Even though I don't like dessert, that sounds good! How did the cataract surgery go? My dad is getting that surgery this month. Any lasting side effects? I hope it went well for you and that it also goes well for him. He is almost blind now without it.

I finally got the Frontline on Demi & Maggie, with Dad's help!!!! Miracles do happen sometimes.
Ordered some topical dewormer Profender, since the topicals seem easier than getting a pill in them.
Trying to finish up this plain classic cappuccino, so I can go back to French Vanilla flavor tomorrow.
Wish I could do a load of laundry so easily like you guys, but the evil one guards it with her life & evil powers. :devilish:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
*Up early for Mass
* all I did was pick up bed, and shower. and Medicate Geoffrey
* Home, iced coffee and bran muffing
*Will have to finish morning stuff
*Brush Geoffrey
* fill gel caps with meds for Geoffrey

** nothing else to do today..

I picked up a chicken thigh for supper. I will have that in a salad, for supper.
Perhaps some stuffed mushrooms..

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My son and his gf delivered the second piece of the living room set I bought from him. It is big leather man sized furniture, way too big for me, but its beautiful and fits the room. I will continue to use my petite recliner.

I am hoping to start attaching the slats onto my renovated park bench today. The color came out beautifully - the same deep green as the original. When I was painting the slats yesterday I remembered where my mother got this bench, from my grandmother’s house when she died. It makes it all the more special knowing I am the third generation to use it.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good to "see" you again, Winchester Winchester I am having a total replacement of my left knee. And anticipate that the right knee will follow. That will be in a few months as full recovery is suggested to be 13 weeks. There is no cartilage remaining in my left knee so it is bone on bone. Sore all the time. Knee clicks when bending / straightening. Limitations on walking in that stairs are awkward, sloping ground somewhat hazardous, I fatigue even with level walking.

Apparently following the surgery I MUST exercise frequently to gain maximum benefit. Apparently this ranges from walk for 5 minutes every hour, do 10 sets each of various simple exercises such as ankle flex, gentle knee flatten / slight bend, leg lift etc twice / day, lay with surgical leg elevated for 20 to 30 minutes twice / day, and the best sounding one of all - take 60 to 90 minute nap twice / day in the first days following surgery.

A major change from when Himself hurt is back a few years ago - there is no follow up, at home care with visits from nurse, OT, PT. It's in and out surgery, home from the hospital the same day. What people who live alone are supposed to do I cannot imagine - check into a rehab facility?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Even though I don't like dessert, that sounds good! How did the cataract surgery go? My dad is getting that surgery this month. Any lasting side effects? I hope it went well for you and that it also goes well for him. He is almost blind now without it.
Winchester Winchester , how are your eyes feeling?
Good to "see" you again, Winchester Winchester I am having a total replacement of my left knee. And anticipate that the right knee will follow. That will be in a few months as full recovery is suggested to be 13 weeks. There is no cartilage remaining in my left knee so it is bone on bone. Sore all the time. Knee clicks when bending / straightening. Limitations on walking in that stairs are awkward, sloping ground somewhat hazardous, I fatigue even with level walking.
My eyes seem to be OK. I can see again, although I will need glasses for distance. Because of the astigmatism, I was not a suitable candidate not to be able to wear glasses at all. I go back to the doctor for the final time at the end of July and then will be released for an appt for glasses. I mentioned that I did need emergency laser surgery to re-attach the part of the retina that had started to detach. The doctor said that was not a result of the cataract surgery, but further research said that it does happen after such surgery. There was no pain and I was impressed with the way the doctor and his staff treated me. Very professional yet very friendly. It takes longer for all the prep than it does for the actual surgery. M maggiedemi Good wishes for your father. I really think he'll be fine. The worst part is eye drops, eye drops, eye drops! Four times a day for both eyes. I use two prescription eye drops; the first for only a week and the second for about five weeks or so. Make sure your dad does the drops; it's important. My eyes still get dry easily. They recommend REFRESH eye drops, the ones with Mega-3 and flaxseed oil for when the eyes get dry. Thanks for asking.

C catapault I wish you well for your knee replacement. I'm going in for meniscus surgery in August, but thankfully, that's all it is. Every time I go in for PT on my meniscus, the waiting room has a lot of people who are doing PT after knee replacements. My brother has had both knees done and he says it was really a good thing for him. Like you, he had knee clicks and his knees were constantly aching. I know several people who had both knees done at the same time! I don't know that I could do that. I wish you well. :hugs: And I hope you'll be amazed at how much better you feel. You deal with a lot of stuff around your property.

susanm9006 susanm9006 I'm looking forward to seeing your bench. Please post pictures when you're finished.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 I love your bench! You did a great job! I really like that color. And a cast iron bird bath stand....awesome!

Rick's turn to get up with the girls, so I lounged until Molli decided I was being very lazy and it was time to get up. Sitting back here with my coffee, listening to Molli yelling at the birds and the occasional black walnut plopping on the ground.
  • I took butter out of the fridge to soften for the icing for the hot milk sponge cake. The cake is in the oven. Making a chocolate frosting (French Silk) from an old Betty Crocker cookbook. Best chocolate frosting ever.
  • Must water the hydrangeas. They're pushing flower caps and without the rain, I'm watering constantly. We really need to get mulch.
  • Going over to my sister's tonight to watch their community fireworks. They live right on a corner and right up from where the fireworks are shot. We go over, park in their driveway and sit on their front porch. Front row seats! After the show, we wait and watch the people leaving. After they're all gone, we leave. Easy.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just cleaning today: Vacuuming, try to remove the tacky residue off the kitchen floor tiles (result of the fridge leaking water), and clean the hardwood floors to remove footprints made from the residue of said tacky floor tiles :cringe:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
After last nights fireworks that went on until well after midnight, we all slept in this morning. It’s raining so no finishing the bench. I do have some post project basement and garage cleanup to be done and tools that need to be put away.

Yes Winchester Winchester , the cast iron birdbath stand is wonderful but I am just not sure what I want to do with it. The birdbath top was beyond repair and tossed and I am not sure if I need another birdbath anyway. The base has holes at the top where the birdbath part screwed on so I could attach a table top and turn it into a bistro table. But it is also hollow in the middle from top to bottom so I am considering adding a pole and turning it into a movable bird feeder. I will have to stare at it a while longer until it comes to me. Here is a photo of it, suggestions welcome. It’s around 24 inches high.

E3A7CBBD-6373-4095-AAF9-2E77C7C1AF57.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.