Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I planted the third (and last) red spot banana, moving it from its temporary tub into a large summertime, burgundy color planter.

Individually potted up five white caladiums from their bottom heat starter box. Will place them on a slatted rack by the front walk, together with a Japanese painted fern (silver fronds) and a silver leaf begonia. Should look nice.

Preparing for my anticipated knee surgery I made pulled pork in the slow cooker. Today I filled 7 meal-size containers. We'll have one tonight, and the other 6 went into the freezer. Spaghetti sauce already in there, and next on my preparation menu is venison-pork chili.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I planted the third (and last) red spot banana, moving it from its temporary tub into a large summertime, burgundy color planter.

Individually potted up five white caladiums from their bottom heat starter box. Will place them on a slatted rack by the front walk, together with a Japanese painted fern (silver fronds) and a silver leaf begonia. Should look nice.

Preparing for my anticipated knee surgery I made pulled pork in the slow cooker. Today I filled 7 meal-size containers. We'll have one tonight, and the other 6 went into the freezer. Spaghetti sauce already in there, and next on my preparation menu is venison-pork chili.
Those are some of my favorite things to make ahead and freeze! You can actually make a great reheatable pasta meal if you add your pasta sauce to the bottom of a freezer container and freeze. Then once it is frozen solid you layer cooked pasta on top and return to the freezer. Freezing the sauce first prevents the noodles from getting soggy when you thaw and reheat.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Made the long and scary 25 mile freeway drive to visit the IKEA store. There was a throw that looked like it would be perfect for my living room. Fortunately, it was so the drive wasn’t wasted.

The afternoon was more even stressful and expensive. As I arrived home my “low tire pressure” warning light came on the dash so off to the tire store. Unfortunately not only a nail but one in a spot where it couldn’t be repaired. This store told me all they could do was sell me two new tires from a different maker so I checked around and found a store that carried a tire that matched my existing one. The tire was expensive but at least they were able to put it on right away.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a work picnic this afternoon and then after that I had dinner at a fancy Italian restaurant with one of my friends. Then when I came home, I found one (or both) of my dogs peed in my bed, on the floor and by the front door, so that led to me having to clean my sheets and mattress and then the carpet. My one dog is on antibiotics for a UTI so I probably shouldn't have left her alone for 6 hours since she still seems to be having issues with holding it. I have a sleep study on Sunday night and I'm probably going to have to cancel it for the second time because I can't be away for 12 hours until my dog gets better.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope your dog is feeling better MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 . This afternoon I thought I had smelled something funny coming from the closet where Willow sleeps/hides for half the day. Reached in felt the first bed (there are three) and sure enough it was wet. I was very relieved when I pulled it out and it was puke instead of pee!

Given it is so hot, it was inside activities all day. Finally putting inside screens up, catching up on laundry, setting summer temps on the auto thermostats, washing floors and rugs.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i washed the bedding, then vacuumed and scooped the liter boxes. i went grocery shopping, then put the groceries away. i portioned a bag of mozzarella cheese shred into usable amounts, and have three sweet red bell peppers halved/seeds removed and placed on a sheet of parchment paper in the freezer -- will move them to a zipper bag in the morning, and store in the freezer until ready to use in a recipe. i washed the dishes, and dusted the few things needing it in my apartment. the trash and recycling was taken out. and i just completed the treadmill.

while at the Winco, i bought some graham crackers and a bag of marshmallows. i have some extra carob (chocolate substitute) frosting, and will use that to make smores! a great idea, from a friend.

Dude, DeeDee, and Punky and i had a really nice day! the girls absolutely love to play with the sheets and blanket while i'm making the bed with freshly washed bedding. Dude keeps tabs on what the girls are doing, and if (really when) one or both of them get a bit too high-spirited, he handles that and helps them to calm down. :clap:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
today i washed the bedding, then vacuumed and scooped the liter boxes. i went grocery shopping, then put the groceries away. i portioned a bag of mozzarella cheese shred into usable amounts, and have three sweet red bell peppers halved/seeds removed and placed on a sheet of parchment paper in the freezer -- will move them to a zipper bag in the morning, and store in the freezer until ready to use in a recipe. i washed the dishes, and dusted the few things needing it in my apartment. the trash and recycling was taken out. and i just completed the treadmill.

while at the Winco, i bought some graham crackers and a bag of marshmallows. i have some extra carob (chocolate substitute) frosting, and will use that to make smores! a great idea, from a friend.

Dude, DeeDee, and Punky and i had a really nice day! the girls absolutely love to play with the sheets and blanket while i'm making the bed with freshly washed bedding. Dude keeps tabs on what the girls are doing, and if (really when) one or both of them get a bit too high-spirited, he handles that and helps them to calm down. :clap:
Ohh, s’mores sound SO good.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
To Home Depot this morning for some concrete crack sealer stuff. Not that exciting but while I was there I found an attachment for my shop vac that is designed for car interiors. Had to try it as soon as I got home and it is wonderful - fits into all of the corners and hard to reach spots.

THREE neighbors are having their roofs replaced today, both sides of me and one down the block. The noise of nail guns and air compressors is deafening, so I am putting on noise cancelling bluetooth headphones and watching videos for most of day.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 , yes, smores are great! :yummy:

today i went to the local Zoo for a few hours. it was really a nice time there. once back home, i chatted with several people while enjoying a cup of tea, then went to the community's monthly birthday party -- this month it was carrot cake! then went to bingo. i just finished the treadmill.

i'll scoop the litter boxes when i get back to my apartment.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Bit the bullet and went out and mowed. 79 degrees at 8:30 am, with high humidity but now at least it is done for a week. It only took 40 minutes instead of the usual hour because I was able to skip most of the front which is sunburned and crispy. Rain tonight so I expect it will grow a couple inches in the next day.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been sunny and hot! Yesterday was 95 degrees Fahrenheit. Today is cooler, only 89 degrees Fahrenheit. So even though it is supposed to rain tomorrow I had to water some potted plants.

Ran the dishwasher. Need to unload it.

Got a call from the local family owned orchard. Got a gallon bucket of sour cherries, a quart of sweet cherries, and 2 quarts of fresh blueberries. Yumm!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Finished a little leather foot stool I bought at a thrift store last week. After letting it sit in the car in the hot sun for a day to kill any potential insects, I’m brought into the garage. The stool part itself was excellent condition and didn’t need anything but a wipe down but the legs needed sanding and painting. Finished that today and brought it inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.