Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did some of the usual dull things today. For example, washed / dried a load of laundry.

I'm grumpy. Have been putting tubers of banana leaf cannas on Freecycle. Someone was supposed to come for some yesterday so I quickly bagged some up before heading off at 8:00 a.m. to the botanic garden for the media preview for A Place at the Table. Came home to an email that she would instead come this morning, Thursday. When she was a no show, I emailed around noon. Oh yes, sorry for confusion. She came alright and then took both bags that were out there. When I emailed to tell her that ,she said she looked and there were no names on the bags so she assumed both were for her.

Yesterday's event was excellent. Traffic not so much. It was great until I was just west of Englewood on the highway. Whereupon traffic crawled at 5 mph. Took me 30 minutes to just reach the GW Bridge. Need I say I was late for the scheduled arrival time. It's 85 miles each way and I now know that my left knee, especially, does not like 2+ hours in a car.

Today I got the first entry about the event completed for my website. Hope to complete another one tomorrow.

Rain last night. Rain today. Feh. Just not in a good mood.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Went out and checked on the backyard where a neighbors tree branch knocked down a section of my wood fence yesterday afternoon. They had all the wood chainsawed up and stacked and he is going to repair my broken fence section. But there is another big section of their tree that hangs in my yard and I am considering having that trimmed off because I don’t trust this tree (60 year old Maple) anymore.

I also figured out why my porch light hadn’t worked since early last winter, and I do feel really dumb. I forgot that in addition to the switch in the house there is a switch in the garage. Once I flipped the garage switch to the right position, I have lights!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what I'm doing today because

Today there is a dairy event at Howell Living History Farm - meet the farm's cow, learn about milking, making butter, cheese, ice cream and more. Then tomorrow the Holcombe-Jimerson farm has a similar even. And next Saturday Spring Run Dairy has an open house. Excellent, right?

Except yesterday afternoon, between going to the IGA and then going to the pharmacy my car's dash suddenly showed two warning icons - one for the emergency brake which I never use and another for a loose gas cap which I checked and it is not loose.

Our garage is not open on the weekend. So the question is, is it safe to drive or am I better staying home.

UPDATE: Called Honda service department. O.K. to drive. We are outside their delivery area. Will drop my car off Sunday for service on Monday.

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My neighbors are having some kind of a multiple day celebration with a huge crowd. Looks like everyone stayed overnight. The adults aren’t too loud but the kids sure are so either need to keep the TV on or spend the day elsewhere. On the plus side my other neighbor finished the fence and it looks great, like it was never damaged.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is Blizzard. She is a very sweet, atypical color American Lineback cow.

Dairy at Howell_2022-06_milking Blizzard.jpg

It takes about 20 minutes to hand milk a cow. Need strong hands!

Dairy at Howell_2022-06_milking Blizzard-closeup.jpg

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was my 36th birthday. I ended up picking up a grocery order this morning and then a couple hours later my sister, brother-in-law, and my nieces picked me up to go to an indoor Hmong marketplace in St. Paul. I had pho for the first time. My brother-in-law's mother apparently makes amazing pho (his parents both immigrated from Vietnam), so my sister said that the pho I had wasn't as good as hers though. Anyway, after the marketplace, I went with them all to a spring carnival at my youngest niece's school. I came home after that and ended up passing out on my couch for about an hour because I was exhausted.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
This is Blizzard. She is a very sweet, atypical color American Lineback cow.

View attachment 422325
It takes about 20 minutes to hand milk a cow. Need strong hands!

View attachment 422326
I helped milk when I was a kid. It was the neighbors cow but they shared milk with us so sometimes we helped. Hard work, and milk straight from a cow doesn’t smell like milk, it smells like cow.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I plan on going to the pharmacy because when I was filling up my daily prescription boxes, I realized that I was given someone else's medication (my name wasn't even on the bottle). So I will be switching to a different company completely because this isn't the first strike against them. I also plan on spraying Round-Up on some stinging nettle in my front yard and also moving things into my pottery studio now that the floors are done.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dropped my car off at the garage yesterday. Two icons showed up on the dashboard on Saturday - one for the parking brake (which I never use) and the other for something to do with A) possibly loose gas cap (not, I tried it) or B) something to do with emissions. And flashing red "Park!" icon. Garage has already called this morning to remind me that there is a service fee which would be applied to repairs if I have them done.

We are too far out for their pick-up / return service and as it could take an hour just to discover the issues plus X amount of time to repairs I did not want to just sit there. Which means a total of 3 round trips - me and Himself there and home, me and Himself to retrieve my car. Confused about # of trips? Two cars there, one car home. One car there, two cars home. Regular gas is now $5 / gallon.

E-mailed a friend for the name of the surgeon who did her husband's knee replacements. Time for mine. I don't care that the surgeon I saw in January said mine were not so bad. At that time the x-rays showed that there's no cartilage in the left knee, it aches from the time I get up until I fall asleep at night, and impacts what I can and don't do. Not looking forward to multiple weeks of even more limitations but everyone assures me that the end result in 12 weeks is very much worth it.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
So far today:
*regular morning stuff---now including Geoffrey's medications
*was late for a computer class. did not really learn much. It is very basic, but I picked up a couple of websites to look at. He was giving one on one for 10 minutes to each person. He only had an hour and there were too many people, so I left.
*car wash- The pollen is so bad, that there are 'Pollen Puddles" all over. I could not see out my rearview mirror. The door handles and doors are atrocious.
* cashed in my coins.
* got gas!! :livid::livid: $4.99 a gallon.. One woman was yelling out her car window: She drove past on her way to the grocery store--and hour ago. It was $4.89 a gallon. ONE hour later it was up to $4.99 per gallon!!
*stopped to chat a few minutes with a couple of guys in here.
* muffin and iced green tea for snack.
* Geoffrey's chemo arrived. I have to pick it up, read instructions and give it to him. He has been hiding under the bed since I took the vacuum out, several hours ago. He just came out to nibble, and look out the window.. back to hiding..sigh..

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Car issue today ☹. A dash light came on, had to go home and look it up. Seems tire pressure was low. Hunted for my pressure gauge and checked the tires. One was down 30%. Went to the gas station and filled it. researched how to reset the tire pressure warning and got the light off but will need to check the tire tomorrow and if it is going low get the car to a tire shop .

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
In the yard today chipping away at the work that still needs to be done. I have some kind of invasive ground cover, maybe nuthedge that is popping up everywhere so I am walking and spraying throughout the yard. Other than that Lola is extra needy today and wants to be on me or to be petted constantly. It gets annoying.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, ALYSSA!! :musicnote: :cheerleader::bday::woohoo:
Did you have cake?

try to get some chores done

washed 2 bed pillows in the machine yesterday and they came out nicely

I have dishes that need washed, etc. Will pace myself.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
did some online shopping
pulled out my mp3 player so that i dont have to listen to hubby snoring lol
got on the catsite to check in with my TCS family
eat lunch soon
play a video game offline (later)

Status
Not open for further replies.