Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Need to go out and poison more bamboo - cut shoots and dribble glucosamine concentrate in the hollow. It may rain later today so I'll crimp tin foil over the cut.

There are multiple crates of cannas and elephant ears to be planted. I unstacked them in the garage yesterday (when will I get to park my car back inside again?) and it is the elephant ears that are growing so that they'll have priority.

And this afternoon help Himself to move clothes washer, disconnect from water line, replace filter. Want to bet he should have bought two, and do both water lines?

Cats fed, finishing my coffee, then clean litter pan, and head outdoors. Have not even started and I'm tired already.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom How is Geoffrey doing? What does doc think after the test?

regular stuff

wash towels

Take a walk early as it's supposed to rain later. Daniella finally let me pat her. The first time since last fall!! These ferals
seem to go back to being cautious and it's taken her a few months for her to trust me again.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom How is Geoffrey doing? What does doc think after the test?
Still waiting for the the full biopsy results--cells take. while.. plus weekends and now the holiday.
Dr B will not comment until the full results are back.. He did tell me that I know what I am doing.. sigh.

Geoffrey is ok... It took a couple of days for him to get back to eating a normal amount. Yesterday, we had construction in here, -new electrical control panel. He was locked in my bedroom, under the quilt, with all his things: litter box, food, water... all morning long. Never stirred from under the quilt. Did not even want me to cuddle with him.
After all the stuff was done, he slowly got around to investigating. Calling me to cuddle all late afternoon and evening..

Geoffrey cuddled with me all night.. came under the sheet with me, around 5AM....sweet boy.

He has not come back to normal.. better, but not normal. I think he lost a bit of weight. I will wait until next week to weigh him. Too much has happened...

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

Fold clothes, there are a lot, rewash towels that I didn't dry and now they're mildewed:censored::paperbag:

open packages from Walmart and Amazon. I like Tetley British Blend tea but none of the stores here
have it. I can buy it from Walmart with free shipping because I have Walmart Plus which is like having Amazon
prime..free shipping.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Today, I took my dog Roo to the vet. I had therapy this afternoon. Then after therapy I started (finally) laying down the vinyl planks in the room that will be my pottery studio. I got almost all of it done, but there is the last few boards that I'm going to need help from my dad to get right, so hopefully by Wednesday, when he plans to be here, it will all be done. Here's the picture after I finished for the night. Also a blurry Flora is included. ;-)

View attachment 420632
It looks beautiful!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far only 1/10th of an inch of rain today but more is forecast for tonight. I certainly hope so because the last couple of days I have been busily planting out elephant ears (three tire rings), the enormous banana leaf cannas (pick axed three planting sites along fence sections down by the street), purple leaved cannas (four tire rings), yellow striped 'Bengal Tiger' cannas (two half barrels plus a large glazed pot). A good drenching rain will settle them well. And the end of planting them is coming in to sight. A few more sites . . . and anything left over will go on Freecycle.

The hardy bananas (hardy with protection but they do stay in the ground year-round) are now so tall that they can be seen out the window across from the doorway when I enter the room.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I went to breakfast with some coworkers. I came home and worked and then went to get my hair redyed. I chopped off about 11 inches a few weeks ago so I could donate it and also dyed part of my hair turquoise. In the last three weeks the color has faded so I needed to have it redone. I also stopped at Aldi after and when I got home, I filled my tires because my car was yelling at me that a tire was low.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i vacuumed, scooped the litter boxes, did the treadmill. i texted a bit with a friend, then got ready for the monthly tenants association meeting. after meeting, spent time with a jigsaw puzzle, and now online. i'll print out some fish recipes.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today, I fell asleep on the couch by accident. Later I made up some garden "cages" to keep squirrels from digging up my strawberries and tomatoes. Then just a few minutes ago, I cleaned my oven. I smoked up the house yesterday when I was baking something at 475*F and it terrified one of my dogs, so in order to not make him so scared the next tie I use the oven, I actually cleaned it. Easy Off is very impressive and my oven was insanely dirty.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Today, I fell asleep on the couch by accident. Later I made up some garden "cages" to keep squirrels from digging up my strawberries and tomatoes. Then just a few minutes ago, I cleaned my oven. I smoked up the house yesterday when I was baking something at 475*F and it terrified one of my dogs, so in order to not make him so scared the next tie I use the oven, I actually cleaned it. Easy Off is very impressive and my oven was insanely dirty.
If you ever get a smoking oven again, grab a box of salt and pour it through the grates onto whatever goo is smoking. It will stop the smoking right away. Then when your oven is shut off and cools down you can scrape it with a spatula ans vacuum out the salt and crusty stuff.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you ever get a smoking oven again, grab a box of salt and pour it through the grates onto whatever goo is smoking. It will stop the smoking right away. Then when your oven is shut off and cools down you can scrape it with a spatula ans vacuum out the salt and crusty stuff.
Good to know. I'm grateful that my oven isn't as bad as the one I had when I lived in an apartment. It didn't vent (which honestly I'd be really surprised if that was even legal), so anytime I used it, I had to open all of the windows and have a fan on the kitchen table to push the air out. The cats started associated me turning on the fans and opening the windows with the smoke alarm going off and, at least with Remy, he's still traumatized.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was another day of accidentally falling asleep on the couch. Around 5pm, I decided to take my dogs to the dog park for about an hour. I came home kinda sweaty, so I decided it would be a perfect time to finish planting the hydrangeas I was going to put in my front yard. After that I was even more dirty and sweaty, so I took a shower. Right now I'm watching YouTube and planning on finding some recipes to make with stuff I have.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At 6:30 a.m. this morning it wasn't rabbits. It was two deer on the back lawn.

Yesterday I applied deck sealer to some wooden plant support pallets. Today I brought the longest of 5 (the other 4 are square) up from the basement and set in place. Moved four pots of - they are either crinum or x-amarcrinum, will find out when they flower - and placed on it.

Bed stripped, sheets washed and now in dryer. Load of towels and blue jeans in the washer.

Yesterday I unpotted the variegated aspidistra, divided, and wiped down leaves with soapy water. Repotted into multiple pots, with granular systemic insecticde in potting soil. Today I want to repot the two spotted leaved aspidistra, A. minor 'Milky Way'.

More cannas to deal with too.

Am I having fun yet? maybe but that doesn't matter, these things need to be done.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unloaded the dishwasher. Turned the oven on to heat so I can bake cookies I prepared yesterday evening.

After which we had stayed up late, late, late - after 1:00 a.m. - to see the meteorites. Except there weren't any.

Have been unable to find a pot I intended to up-pot one of the 'Milky Way' aspidistra into yesterday. So I repotted on of the A. elatior instead. Ended up with one piece into the same pot. And three smaller ones. There's one more green cast iron plant to go. If I end up with the same multiplication then this fall we will need a machete to get into the house.

Do you know cast iron plant? Here's a link to an informative article: Once the Queen of the Parlour…

and another of Gracie Field's singing her never to be forgotten song, The Biggest Aspidistra In The World:
Debating touching up spray painting on plastic barrel that gets a red spot banana for the summer.

More laundry.

Tomorrow is an outing to the New York Botanical Garden for the media preview of their major summer event - BelleWood-Gardens - Diary

Oven probably hot. Let me go bake cookies. Will report back tomorrow.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
*regular morning stuff
*Went out to play Bocce--we won-- now 4 and 1...
*having cup of coffee and some crackers for lunch
* have to move bed and clean under it. Geoffrey had a vomiting session under the bed, just as I was leaving for Bocce... ugh.. have to more both night tables, and a very heavy sleigh bed... ugh... dreading doing ti..
* Geoffrey not eating much and is hiding under bed... even with the vomit...
* Book Club at 3pm...
** bringing some books to the book club...

Was going to make a steak for supper.. may still do so... but the meeting will last a while... hopefully not....

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Only one thing, mowed the lawn. But it should be counted as three because it is exhausting. It is a beautiful day though and I do love the look of the yard after a mow. My wegeila bush is just starting to blossom and peonies should as well within the next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.