Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Rick thanks you for his birthday wishes!

I made the bed up in the WeShed yesterday, but we didn't get out there last night. I have an appt for eye measurements this morning and we wanted to make sure we didn't oversleep, so we figured we'd let the cats wake us up. They did so admirably. I'm up, had my coffee and will be ready to go shortly.

He was not amused with his dinner last night. He said they served "some kind of shoe leather" that he thinks was beef. And no dessert, not even cake. Dear Richard has an incredible sweet tooth and, he cannot fathom a banquet (which is what they call it) without dessert. He came home, gave me a hug, and said, "You are such a wonderful cook! Thank you!"

Raining like crazy. It's supposed to be pretty much a wash-out today with more coming overnight tonight. Definitely no outside work today.

I don't know if I mentioned this; the contractor finally contacted us. They're looking at (finally!) putting the new siding on the house in July or August. I think I had mentioned a while ago that our contractor passed away (Covid) late last year. His son is taking over the business and he got behind with it all and is slowly catching back up. Some of the guys quit, some got Covid. The siding has been in our basement for months now.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, had my coffee, and almost ready for my eye appt.
  • Rick is going with me, just in case something happens. I told him I could go by myself, but he says he's treating me to breakfast after my appt. OK, then! Breakfast always works for me.
  • I think we're going to spend the afternoon streaming something. The house is clean, laundry is done, can't go outside.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Rick thanks you for his birthday wishes!

I made the bed up in the WeShed yesterday, but we didn't get out there last night. I have an appt for eye measurements this morning and we wanted to make sure we didn't oversleep, so we figured we'd let the cats wake us up. They did so admirably. I'm up, had my coffee and will be ready to go shortly.

He was not amused with his dinner last night. He said they served "some kind of shoe leather" that he thinks was beef. And no dessert, not even cake. Dear Richard has an incredible sweet tooth and, he cannot fathom a banquet (which is what they call it) without dessert. He came home, gave me a hug, and said, "You are such a wonderful cook! Thank you!"

Raining like crazy. It's supposed to be pretty much a wash-out today with more coming overnight tonight. Definitely no outside work today.

I don't know if I mentioned this; the contractor finally contacted us. They're looking at (finally!) putting the new siding on the house in July or August. I think I had mentioned a while ago that our contractor passed away (Covid) late last year. His son is taking over the business and he got behind with it all and is slowly catching back up. Some of the guys quit, some got Covid. The siding has been in our basement for months now.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, had my coffee, and almost ready for my eye appt.
  • Rick is going with me, just in case something happens. I told him I could go by myself, but he says he's treating me to breakfast after my appt. OK, then! Breakfast always works for me.
  • I think we're going to spend the afternoon streaming something. The house is clean, laundry is done, can't go outside.
So Glad Rick is going with you to the appointment. You will feel better with company, he will be there to drive--eyes dilated, Plus you get BREAKFAST!!
A Win-Win!!

Today;
*Regular morning stuff
*Clean up vomit from during the night
*phone calls, business faxes to be done
*brush Geoffrey
* going to exercise/stretching class
*newspaper meeting...

Oh, Geoffrey saw the Internal Med Vet. He is scheduled for a gastroscopy with biopsy, on May 19... I need to know if there is a medical reason for the vomiting.. He is a good cat.. a bit nutty--no wonder his original name was Goofy!!

Yesterday I joined the walking club. We walked some of the beach. I was leading the pack! I took it easy going home, walking with a few others.. OMG>. Our 101 year old woman, is a walking machine! She is blind, yet walking with her walker!! I ended up accompanying her and another woman, on the way back. The Fitness Instructor went up ahed to check on the rest of the group. He trusted me with them.

Comcast/Xfinity is have a "Watchathon" week. I can get STARZ for free. I forgot how good Outlander is. I have 2 seasons to watch. I binged it last night.. so good... But I refuse to pay for anything more from Comcast.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I painted the first layer on the walls of what will be my pottery studio. I used 5 different colors that I had in my basement (pale green, sky blue, merlot, ivory, and beige) and got a nice dusty rose color. I also did some planning for my Salem/Boston trip in October and I'm going to do some cross stitching later.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a belated Happy Birthday to your Rick, Winchester Winchester !

it's been a pretty busy week here.

i received the replacement part for the kitchen cart. i put together the cart, and found that one of it's cabinet doors didn't close. :headshake: i found the problem to be that one door was 1/8 inch wider than the other/than it was supposed to be, which caused that cabinet door hinge plates to prevent to door from closing. so after much filing, i had things so the hinge plates were inset. i tried the door, and it clicked onto the magnetic closure. Yessss!!! :biggrin:

i went to have a vascular ultrasound this morning. when i got back home, i had received the two cube storage units. the original two i had ordered and were shipped, were lost by UPS. i put them together this afternoon, and they're in their places in the living room. and that completes the furnishing of the living room. :banana2:

i got together this afternoon with a few people to start a weekly game of cards, specifically a game called Shanghi. we started going over the game rules, and generally chatted.

i'll clean the litter boxes shortly, then do my medical treatment.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Ouch... vascular issues... painful.. be careful!!

Yes, it seems I am busier than I have ever been. I am wondering if I am taking on too much? Book club, newspaper, exercise classes, walking club, bocce, plus what Geoffrey is going through, my own stuff--financial issues--phone calls and then my own doctors appointments, etc....
I will say it is keeping me busy.

yesterday:
*Regular morning stuff
*Brushing Geoffrey
*really cuddled with Geoffrey--he was calling me
* an hour of phone calls
* faxing a ton of information
* going to Executive Director's meeting in dining room
* exercise/stretching class
* newspaper meeting
* picking up supper for take out from dining room
* another phone call.

My county is back in the Covid Red Zone. We are back to indoor masking. We have had about 5 cases of Covid, within the last 2 weeks...
Our Second Booster Clinic is scheduled for Wednesday... If things go according to plan, I am not scheduling anything for the 3 days after the shot. I always get a reaction to any vaccine I get.

Today:
* regular morning stuff
* Brush Geoffrey
*change sheets
* make a couple phone calls
* start article for newspaper... need lots of research on this one.. I can start a draft
* ? if time, read a bit for TCS book club--the buildings club is reading a really weird book.
* Going to 4pm mass
* pick up more books for the library from a friend at church
* figure out supper
** somewhere along this line, I need to dump and clean out litter box..

ugh.. lots to do.. no ambition.. I need another cup of coffee!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Thank you for the birthday wishes! Is that Shanghai Rummy? Where you get sets and runs? We used to play that all the time with our friends, women against the men. A fun game.
artiemom artiemom Our county is back in the Yellow Zone. Masks suggested indoors.

I dragged my body out of the WeShed a little before 10:00 this morning. I think I could have slept all day. Rick's turn to get up with the girls.

It hasn't stopped raining at all. I think we're under a flash flood watch now.
  • Scoop the boxes after I'm done with my coffee.
  • Took butter out of the freezer last night to soften. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunkers. I'm going to make the batter in a little while and I think I'll go ahead and bake them this afternoon. Usually I let them chill overnight and bake the next day, but I want them for Rick to take up to his mother tomorrow for Mother's Day. After I make the cookie batter, I'm going to throw a meatloaf together for tonight; that way I won't have to deal with it later.
  • The first of two loads of laundry is in the washer.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom , the venous ultrasound was just to check if there was anything (more than the legs diagnosis that i already have) that we should know about. it did reveal that there is a genetic/inherited...condition/abnormality with my legs, which has no relation to or effect on my already diagnosed leg condition. i'll see my vascular surgeon later this month, and get more details.

Winchester Winchester , yes, Shanghi Rummy, with sets and runs! we're just getting started and learning the game.

today i've pre-measured dry ingredients for the next two recipes i'll bake. i have a quiche to bake today. i'll take some empty boxes down to the recycling dumpster, too. i'm sure i'll spend time with a jigsaw puzzle. and i'll do the treadmill.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Our cookies are so good. Instead of topping with chopped peanuts (which I didn't have), I pressed the tops into chocolate jimmies. Not bad at all.

While I was baking yesterday afternoon, our neighbor came over to return the pie pan (I had given them a lemon meringue pie last weekend). Rick invited him in and they sat in the living room, watching a golf game. He has some issues going on right now (step-grandson, in his 50s had a severe stroke and he and his mother are living there now, while the stepson has PT; they've been there now for over a year). His wife watches FOX news from the time she wakes up in the morning til she goes to bed. And some days, he just needs to get away from it all, so if we see him outside, we'll invite him over to the WeShed deck for a glass of iced tea, and he and Rick will chat. The day I was cleaning out the asparagus bed, he brought a stool over and sat there and chatted with me for quite a while. Anyway, he saw me taking cookies out of the oven. I made sure he had cookies to take home. He is 87, I think. Nice guy. (After he left, I told Dear Richard that we had just decided to keep me in quarantine til after the eye stuff, and then he invites the neighbor in! He got this Oh Crap! look on his face. :lol: )

Not much going on today. Rick has a bad sinus headache. He got up with the girls (Mothers Day), so I could sleep in. Took some sinus meds and is flopped on the couch. If he can get the headache down to a low roar, he's going to mow the yard this afternoon. I told him the grass is probably still soaked and to let it go until tomorrow. He just might do that. He will be taking cookies and a MD card to his mom this afternoon.
  • Working on a bit of laundry....seems that I'm always working on a bit of laundry!
  • Scooped the boxes earlier
  • I'm going to leave Rick alone this afternoon. He's on the couch, I'm going out to the WeShed for a while to do some cleaning and water the plants.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I unloaded the dishwasher which I had run last night. Did two small loads of laundry (whites and darks) which meant emptying the clothes dryer that still had part of a load left in it. Prepared a half batch of chocolate chip cookie dough, shaped, and refrigerated to be baked when I get back home. Made a sandwich for Himself, shoved it into the refrigerator and

Headed out the door to visit two gardens open for the Garden Conservancy's Open Days. One I've visited before, but in the fall. The other garden is new to the program this year. Both a pleasure to see. Weather overcast and somewhat chilly but not raining the way it did on Friday and Saturday.

Someone called out my name as I was leaving the first garden - it was someone from when we lived in Connecticut 25 years ago! She was visiting friends here in New Jersey and they were garden hopping, as was I.

I took an acetaminophen before I left home. First garden is quite large, did a lot of walking. And my knees are sore. Oh well, any day in a garden is better than one that is not.

Last edited:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was planning on starting to lay down vinyl planks in my pottery studio, but after breakfast, I sat on my couch and ended up falling asleep for several hours. I decided to just do some vacation planning and later did some cross stitching. I'm visiting my grandparents tomorrow so hopefully whenever I get back I can start working on the flooring.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee and a cookie
  • The assistant from the eye clinic is to call me this morning to go over some information with me.
  • Vacuum, swiffer, etc.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I ripped through the house yesterday, so everything is done for a couple of days. Dear Richard mowed the lawn and cultivated the raised bed where we're going to plant peppers this weekend.

Not much on my agenda today:
  • Dragged my sorry butt out of bed around 8:00 and am drinking my coffee now
  • Trash night tonight, although I shredded papers and got most of the trash ready yesterday.
  • Dropping both America's Test Kitchen and Cook's Country magazines. They're up for re-subs and I'm not renewing. I may just go online and get the whole ATK online. I've been a subscriber of both for well over 20 years.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cut emerging bamboo shoots from the colony at bottom of driveway and used eye dropper to put gyphosate concentrate in the center of each one. Sprayed herbicide on lesser celandine - really vigorous, obnoxious, difficult to kill. Uncovered the banana at the bottom of the driveway. Looks really terrible. But it did last year too, and woke up to grow just fine. Time will tell.

Went out to lunch to a local cafe for Himself's birthday. We each had a burger with American cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion, sweet pickle chips. And shared an order of onion rings. I had iced tea, he had a Boylan's root beer. Said the A&W root beer we have at home is better. Something light for supper, we both agree.

After lunch is digested he said he will help me take off the plywood covers over the bananas at the back of the house. Those under tarps covering raked up leaves (where bananas spread further out than the plywood covers) were uncovered yesterday and are starting into growth.

And a couple of heavy pots of Mirabilis in the basement have started into growth. Need to move them out to a shady place, also this afternoon.

And that should do it for today.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick and I spent yesterday afternoon working in the garden. Planted one tray of the pepper seedlings and the red beets. Cut asparagus, gave half to our neighbors, and had the other half in our dinner. There was quite a bit, with more peeking through. I think this is our fourth year of asparagus.
He just left to pick up the rototiller and will till the garden this morning.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am drinking my coffee now
  • Dr appt with family doctor this morning to clear me for cataract surgery
  • I want to power wash and brush our lions and get them ready for re-painting. I'd like to power wash the WeShed deck, too, but Rick said he wants to do it. I don't care as long as it's done. Maybe I can start painting the deck Friday, weather permitting.
This week, it has been simply gorgeous outside. Both Mollipop and Muffin have been on yard "tours" every morning. Rick takes Muffin and I take Molli. The neighbors probably think we're crazy. Tabby and Amber want nothing to do with being outside, thank you very much.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I

repotted about 10 pots pf eucomis (pineapple lilies) and hippeastrum (amaryllis.) Closing in on getting done with this.

Our intermittent handyman was here. He moved three large pots out of the basement. It must be nice to be so young and strong - he used the hand truck for one, just picked up the other two and carried them out. Which is more than I could do. Later in the day I loosened the top soil on two of the pots, added fertilizer, and top dressed with fresh soil. The third was a red spot babana that I had left unpotted in a large black garbage bag in the basement. It lived! I potted it up in a somewhat too small pot until I decide where it will go for the summer.

Himself had taken the plywood covers off the bananas on Tuesday. So yesterday handyman slid a pallet under the deck and stacked the covers on it for the summer.

And then he used the lawn mower with bagger to shred leaves that had been covering bananas for the winter. Multiple tubs, ready to use for mulch. More leaves to shred. Next week probably as it is supposed to rain Friday, Saturday, Sunday. And wet leaves choke the lawn mower.

Today I need to repot the last few pots of bulbs in the basement. Empty a couple of tubs of twiggy stuff Himself has been trimming off a tree that fell and took a dead cedar with it. Go to a friend's place in Pennsylvania (just across the Delaware River) and get some buckets of horse manure.

Because there are all the crates of canna tubers and elephant ears in the garage looking to get outside for the summer. Need to rejuvenate soil the tire planters, large pots, etc and set the cannas and elephant ears.

But the first thing is to finish my coffee and bake a batch of chocolate chip cookies, for which I had prepared the dough and shaped before going up to bed.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm hoping my day goes better than yesterday as my grandpa died yesterday morning then last night we had a huge storm and I lost power for several hours.

My plans for today are working, then later I might go to the library and Aldi.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 I'm sorry about your grandpa. :hugs:
artiemom artiemom How are you doing since your booster? You OK?
C catapault I envy you your plant collection. I know it's an incredible amount of work, but the beauty of your yard must be amazing.

Everything went well at the dr appt and I'm cleared for cataract surgery. She suggested that I quarantine myself til the second surgery is over. I told her I have planned on doing that. We went to Target to pick up my eye drops....over $100, with the insurance. Wow. First time I ever paid for meds.
  • Seedlings are out on the deck, pepper plants are uncovered in the garden. Everything got a good drink of water. Rick will get the rest of the garden fence up today.
  • Changed the bed sheets and they're in the washer
  • Vacuum living room and kitchen. I want to vacuum the WeShed, too.
  • Make a list of what we want from our local nursery. I really want to go (but won't). Rick told me to list what I want and he'll do his best to get everything. He's really good about wearing his mask and I trust him.
Rick went to Lowes yesterday after he returned the rototiller. Came home with softener salt, a gallon of paint for the WeShed deck, cleaner for the cement lions (I'll clean them this weekend, get them ready to re-paint), and three pretty Asiatic lilies to plant. The man cannot resist a lily!

Status
Not open for further replies.