Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Faucets are expensive, but maybe you'd be better off in the long run.

Amber fell off the back of the chair again last night. She insists on sleeping on the backs of the chair and the couch. She'll get into such a deep sleep, she'll stretch or try to turn over, and she ends up on the floor. Or down the steps if she's on the back of the couch. I don't know what to do. I'm afraid she's going to fall off the chair and smash into the end of the heating register on her way to the floor. We moved the chair right up against the wall, so it doesn't move. We keep taking her off the backs, but she insists on sleeping there. Hydrox used to fall, too, and so did Boo. No matter what we did, they found a way.

I am cold and I'm tired of being cold. Sweatshirts, sweatpants, heavy socks, etc. And I just can't get warm. Electric blanket is on High all night long. Right now, I could live in the hot shower. I feel fine; I'm not sick. I'm just cold and tired of dealing with it.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, made the coffee, and am back here. Mollipop and I have been playing the "In or Out" game with the bedroom door. She wants in, she wants out, she wants back in again. Finally, Rick said, "In or out, Molli! Enough!" and she's been in the bedroom since.
  • Rick didn't feel like taking his truck into the garage last night, so we're doing it this morning.
  • A load of laundry when we come back from the garage.
I think Rick is going to take the Christmas lights down at the WeShed deck and bring the snowman into the basement. He has everything else taken down.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Yeah, I have been thinking about buying my own.. My dear friend, who has lived here for 8 years, is adamant about me NOT spending any money on the things they are responsible for.
But... I will see what happens.. I really cannot afford it now.. so, I am going to wait.

Oh, I am also using Avocado Oil Spray when I roast! Great Tip, thank you.. The pan comes out so squeaky clean, without the cooked on brown stuff...

I made a sauce yesterday from the drippings.. Oh, so good.. just used a bit of Chardonnay, and a tiny bit of water... Yum!!!

Today:
*Errand day... lots to do.. lots of stores to hit. I desperately ahve to get my eyeglasses realigned. The masks are throwing the alignment off. I have a strong prescription, so any little difference in alignment means a huge difference in my vision.
Grocery store and Trader Joes are part of my errands, along with PetSmart, Petco... looking for the box of litter--not the bag...
*quickly do half my regular morning stuff...
will do rest later today
* Supper---- I have the chicken I made, need something low carb, to go with it. I had a salad and an orange yesterday. Perhaps just broccoli---or roasted carrots.. I love roasted veggies.. so decadent..

Gotta get going..

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Have you ever tried silk T-shirts for extra warmth in winter? They go next to the skin, light weight, and very effective. Winter Silks is a good brand. Or at least it was years ago. I do hand wash them but perhaps current versions can go in the machine.

Need to go to the library to return DVDs and a book. Think I'll just toss in book drop and back on the road to Shoprite.

Yesterday's webinar about the modern cottage garden was a disappointment. Presenter never defined what a cottage garden was, spent about half of the hour long presentation showing and talking about his personal very small (30 ft by 9 ft) garden in Hull, England. Yes, British. I had high hopes for this but my expectations were not met.

Ordered our free covid-19 tests yesterday, supposed to ship end of the month.

Bushing for freezer door supposed to be shipping to repair service, to arrive in time for repair to be achieved this Friday. Refrigerator was only delivered on December 29, 2021 so what's my rush . . . BTW - Home Depot added money to the credit card we used to buy the ding dong thing, to cover the cost of the bill we got from the repair service for last week's visit. When it shows up online Himself will then pay. This is all such a farce.

My sweetheart brought my car up from the bottom of the driveway so I don't need to walk down. What a good guy!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

wash throws

it's beastly cold here so I'm rugged up in sweats, hat, robe, boots and a hat. If I raise the heat it gets too dry.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

wash throws

it's beastly cold here so I'm rugged up in sweats, hat, robe, boots and a hat. If I raise the heat it gets too dry.
Are you running a Pet Water fountain ? This will help generate moisture within your home.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
C catapault I have been using CuddleDuds. I'll check into Winter Silks. Thanks!
The last couple days have been very, very cold and another Arctic blast is coming for this weekend. I'm turning into a Popsicle. Had a wee bit of snow last night. Blah!
  • Pick up Rick's truck; it passed inspection with no trouble, thank goodness. Once we get the Tucson back, then we'll take Clarence in for his inspection.
  • A couple loads of laundry
  • Head out to the WeShed to check on the plants this afternoon.
ETA: The snow we got last night/early this morning is gone. I always worry about getting Clarence back up the driveway, once we're down. No worries.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the girls, running the dishwasher now, made our coffee, and I'm back here
  • I'm baking bread today, but haven't decided exactly what. I'm thinking either Tuscan flatbread or maybe some kind of rolls. Maybe sesame bread. I'm just in the mood to bake bread and want to make something for Saturday night (sister and BIL coming for dinner). Remember that extra pan of lasagna I threw in the freezer last month for my birthday dinner? That's what's on the menu for Saturday.
  • And it's time to make the white coconut cake, also for Saturday night. I'll make the cake and then throw it in the fridge for tomorrow night.
  • Clean kitchen and bathroom, swiffer, and vacuum
I keep hoping the garage will call about the Tucson, but, so far, nothing.

Oh, and did you know? Supposedly Giant will sell their white bakery frosting. Somebody on FB mentioned that. I'm going to see if I can buy some. If not, I guess I'm making the frosting for the cake. My problem is that I am not fond of buttercream at all. I don't really care for the taste of the stuff. And it usually ends up curdling on me, so I have to whip the heck of it to straighten it back up again. I can do a boiled frosting (aka Seven-minute frosting or Seafoam, I guess), but that should be done in a double boiler, but I don't have a double boiler. And I'm not going out and buying one. And I really don't care for the standard white icing with confectioners' sugar. Not for a coconut cake.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Color me happy! Repair man here, took freezer door off. Popped in bushing (which was delivered USPS, with our mail yesterday). Put door back on. And left. Took all of 5 to 10 minutes. I reloaded items into freezer door that had been shifted to cooler. And with any luck this is the END of the saga of our new refrigerator. Only took three and a half weeks from delivery.

Washed / dried two loads of laundry.

Now going into basement for more tidying up. Wonder what I will find to Freecycle this time. Someone happily came to take the never used covered litter box, someone else happily took the long handled fabric loop floor dust mop. Amazing what lurks in the nether recesses of a basement.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was looking in vain for this thread yesterday. I needed to get things done and had started a list of 3 minimum accomplishments to be achieved per day. I thought this thread could perhaps keep me on track!
The tasks for yesterday were 3 telephone calls:
  • one to the regional administrative offices which produced a friendly but not particularly helpful reply :dunno:
  • one to the utility, which should be installing a wallbox for a future electric car before the end of next month (I've been waiting over a year). The phone number was always engaged so I am not the only one wondering if and when things are going to happen. I sent them an e-mail. Still no reply! 😠
  • one to the company whicjh will be installing my new kitchen next month to query the voltage required for the induction hob, as the plans I was given were ambiguous. At the moment the kitchen is a building site! Phone call 👍
Two out of three. I can live with that!

Today: laundry (3 loads), sorting out some bags of stuff I'd removed from a cupboard and completing my work file for the training course I'm doing to become a voluntary helper with local hospice services. The latter I haven't finished but there's still time!

Tomorrow: hopefully taking my 14-year-old car for it's test; buying or at least looking at wall paper, paint and doors for the new kitchen. Something else is bound to turn up besides the normal cooking (microwave, toaster, .... in the small bedroom) and washing up in the bath! :lol:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Your Saturday dinner sounds amazing! and the cake!!

regular stuff

Yesterday I did 5 loads of laundry, the washer became off-balanced because I didn't have quilt distrusted evenly.
What a pain getting that sorted out. Will do 2 more today. There was a sale on Amazon on Dreft so I was able
to get 2 bottles. The price of it went up so much in a mater of months but I need it for smalls and pillow cases.

About 6 weeks ago I had to make a statement to police because a person charged someone with assault and I was
the first person she told. It has turned ugly and has caused so much stress. I hope it's over with soon but I'm not
counting on it. I will call the detective in charge today.

Going to keep warm!!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks Mia6 Mia6 I have to say that I'm looking forward to the cake!

I was walking yesterday when my vision split. And I knew it was going to be bad. Off the treadmill and into bed. I got up about two hours later, but had the headache the rest of the day. I did manage to get the loaves of bread made, but that was all I did. Not a good day.
  • I told Rick I'd get up this morning because I still had to do the cake. Breakfast for the girls, running the dishwasher, and just took the layers of cake out of the oven to start cooling down. Still need to make the broccoli and cauliflower coleslaw, and some iced tea.
  • Rick said he'll vacuum, if I do a quick swiffer about the kitchen and living room. Grab a quick shower, then wipe down the bathroom. That's it.
  • I think I'm going to make up the bed in the WeShed tonight.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Happy Birthday! 🎂 :bouquet: I remember you saying the white coconut cake was for your birthday!!

Mia6 Mia6 Yikes, that sounds involved! ((hugs))

Yesterday was not a bad day. It was litterally below freezing all daylong. Brrrr
*Regular morning stuff
*Drove to Boston for some business
*Home to play with Geoffrey---he is really getting so lonely.
*cuddled with him
* Supper was chicken and some steamed broccoli
Would have been good for my diet.... but...... I really pigged out with a lot of cheese and crackers while watching tv...

*** Started my Geneology search on Ancestry.com. My DNA analysis is almost completed... It is very interesting. My parents last names, on both sides has been butchered so much, that I do not know the original spelling.
My great grandparents immigrated from Poland.. Wow... the butchering of the name. And my Dad's first name was changed!! From a Polish first name--which he grew up with, but was changed a couple of times... in 1930 Census, it was phonetically spelt. Then on the army enlistment card, it was changed to the first name, he had for the rest of his life---not anywhere near pronunciation of his original name...

My mom's side---well... I think I am going to hit a tumbling block... split different also..

I spent 2 hours both Thursday and Friday night; just searching documents. And looking at a few other peoke who have my dad as a relative, but I know nothing of them. I do not know if it is a mistake on their part or if it is real.. I need to find a way to contact them. But some are not active anymore. I think they were into this, when we were all locked down...

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good morning to all TCS family
Good morning!
Update on yesterday: my car passed its test so I can drive it for another 2 years. :clapcat:
We looked at wallpaper and paint for the kitchen. Will use white vinyl paper on all 4 walls and then paint one or two walls grey. The color is called "Roofs of Paris" and has a touch of cream to go with the new, very pale cream kitchen cupboards. Haven't purchased anything yet.

Today all the dismantled cabinets from the old kitchen will have to be deposited on the curb in front of the house to be picked up tomorrow 💪! My grandsons are helping! They may even finish the job before I can get the cat off my lap. :zzzcat:.

Apart from that, it is Sunday - day of rest; all shops are closed here in Germany. I would like to tidy up some paperwork and magazines as Monday will mean 5-6 hours work at the surgery. If I finish early enough I will then make a trip to the hardware market for sockets and light switches. I've been given a long list of items which will be required for the next stage of the "kitchen refurbishment program".

Have a nice day! :lovecat:

Status
Not open for further replies.