Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mollipop puked again this morning; thankfully, she did it on the kitchen floor and it was an easy clean-up. She's a scarfer; she eats her food so quickly that it just sits there and doesn't digest. Then it comes back up. She'd eat it again, if I'd let her.

:lol: That's Leroy. He'll eat his own puke or Emma's :doh::cringe:

Already went to the supermarket. Going out a bit later to the pet store to restock on Emma's frozen raw. I think I can fit 5 bags in that one bottom section of my freezer :think: Then either some cleaning and organizing or back down the rabbit hole looking for new thermal curtains for the upcoming cooler months. Nothing I've seen online so far has great reviews.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me again, LTS3 LTS3 I made simple curtains from fleece fabric, just a little wider than the size of the windows were I wanted to reduce drafts. They are hung close to the glass using clip on rings that slide over spring tension rods. Then on the room side I have more decorative curtains on more decorative rods.

This is very easy and efficient - the multiple layers are very effective at reducing drafts and heat loss. I used plain white fleece but there are all sorts of color and pattern options. Just cut to size with scissors, clip on rings, hang up. No sewing involved.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
mail off some letters
get mamanyt1953's care package ready to be sent off
do money orders for all the bills
write my letters

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Need to vacuum but can't do that for at least another hour or so, otherwise the :censored: upstairs might complain. I think he WFH most days now. Then I need to clean the hardwood floors with the Bona spay mop thing to remove paw prints 😬 Then work on decluttering and organizing the bedroom.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I need to vacuum really well. I am fortunate on that front. I do not vacuum before 9am. I wait. I sweep and then use a quick hand vacuum for the litter strays. I know when my neighbors get up. They do not mind. They know that I am keeping the place clean, and appreciate that. Plus, the one below me, says I am too quiet.. to make noise. She does not mind. My next door neighbor is up early. Neighbor on other side is also up and out early. One above me, is up early.. The one across from me has a hearing issue.. so, I am all set.

*Regular morning stuff
* medicate Geoffrey
* Out for a few errands.
* definitely make a salad for supper.. I have the stuff..
*Will pick up a chicken breast for tomorrow, to add to salad.
** Cuddle with Geoffrey.
** That is about it..
Back to keeping AC and fans on.. It is going to be a hot day. I cannot believe how humid this summer has been, so damp.. and I am on the beach!!
I want fresh air!! Wishing for temps in the 70's with a nice dry breeze.. the Old days of summer. Not the humid, damp days which are even causing my printer to jam!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sitting here with my coffee, listening to the black walnuts fall off the tree. Plop. Plop. Plop. The squirrels love them.
We're going to hit 90+ again today. It's already steamy. I love summer, I really do. But this year has been simply horrid. We've had the equivalent of a full month of 90 degree days this summer. Over 30 days so far. The humidity is terrible. And no rain. I've pretty much given up on baking, except for a batch of cookies here and there. Some peach pies. Using the Foodi Grills, so I don't have to turn the oven on.

We joined Sam's Club. I'm not fond of WM at all. But, through a survey, we got a bit of a deal on Sam's: $14.99 to join for one year, plus a $10 gift card. Rick saw the email and he wanted to try it. If it helps me out with groceries, I won't complain (much). So I made out a list of things I really want to look for while we're there. I hope it will help my grocery budget; at least get me stocked up on some things. (I have a pantry storage in the basement under the steps with shelves. I use that for many things, but not anything paper. We do get a mouse down there from time to time.) My DIL lives close to a BJs and she really likes it. I'd rather have a Costco membership, but the closest one is over 60 miles away.
  • Hitting Sam's Club in a little bit. Rick will have to do the picture thing.
  • Rick threw the first load of laundry in the washer. One more, just of towels and such.
  • A lick and a promise with vacuuming and swiffering, just enough to get me by for today.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I keep my paper preps - paper towels, toilet paper, napkins - in large rectangular plastic tubs that are about trunk size. They have tight fitting lids that suitably foil any mice in our basement. Also, you may be able to look on-line to see if that specific Sam's Club has the items you are looking for, and if yes the aisle where they are located.

Bed sheets in the clothes washer - hey, it is Monday after all. A couple of other loads to follow.

Himself has split a load of firewood, taking a break before he stacks it in the wood storage area.

Need to go into town so will swing by the IGA for a few things. They are more expensive than Shoprite but have excellent meat. The deciding factor - they are 4 miles away compared to 14.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I keep my paper preps - paper towels, toilet paper, napkins - in large rectangular plastic tubs that are about trunk size. They have tight fitting lids that suitably foil any mice in our basement. Also, you may be able to look on-line to see if that specific Sam's Club has the items you are looking for, and if yes the aisle where they are located.
C catapault Thank you! I don't know why I didn't think of tubs. I mentioned them to Rick and we do have an unused tub that will work beautifully. Thanks much.

We got back from Sam's, got everything put away, and got our meats done in the Food Saver and in the freezer. Surprisingly, I managed to get most of what was on my grocery list and, thanks to Dear Richard, some extra. That man has never met a snack section he didn't like. Oh Cheez-its! (Thrown into the cart) Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for Halloween! (which is at the END of October, but thrown into the cart) A case of 24 24-ounce bottles of Mountain Dew! (Into the cart) Cashews! (Into the cart). And so on. I told him I hope he gets so fat he waddles. I've been saying that for years and it never happens. There was a woman in the same aisle we were in when I told him that and she laughed. But it's true! That man can eat anything and not gain an ounce. Me? I look at food and voila! Five pounds on my hips.

I can start to get ahead on many items that I use all the time and stock up a bit for cheaper than I could at the grocery store. I did not buy their produce, but did buy some meats. It was good. And we saved a few bucks.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It's going to be a busy day today.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee.
  • I have a pan of tomatoes roasting in the oven for tomato paste. There are enough peppers to fill a large cookie sheet to chop and freeze. And I found an interesting recipe for pizza sauce that I want to try for the freezer. I'm lazy. So if I want to make pizza (and we do eat a lot of pizza around here), I'd rather just go down to the freezer and bring up a small container of pizza sauce than deal with squeezing tomatoes and adding the herbs every time. You see? Lazy. I'm hoping that the sauce will also work as a dip for calzones and stromboli. I guess I'll find out.
  • I've stripped the bed and am washing the old sheets. I'm going to put them back on the bed. Rick is already up this morning and going through his fantasy football stuff. He's in two leagues and they're doing their stuff this weekend. I guess he wants to get prepared. That's how I got the bed done so early.
I'm already kicking myself in the butt because I didn't buy the garlic at Sam's. It was in a bag and it was a lot of garlic. I never thought I'd get it used in a month, so I passed. Well, crap. Didn't even think about making garlic powder, which is something I want to try. Next time.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
C catapault How's your PT going?
artiemom artiemom Thinking of you and G.

I managed to get enough pizza sauce for 8 to 10 pizzas, or to use as a bit of dip for calzones and stromboli. It's good sauce, even Rick likes it. I made it a little thicker than I normally would make pizza sauce, but I figured the freezing and thawing process would thin it out a bit. I didn't add any salt, and probably should have, but figured I'd be using pepperoni and such on the pizzas, so it would be OK. I don't like to add salt to some things unless I absolutely have to. We're not necessarily on a low-salt diet, but I do try to watch it a little anyway. And it is good on a pizza; we tried it last night.
  • Rick got up with the girls this morning, so I slept in. And I do mean slept in as I never even opened my eyes until 9:00. I'm having my coffee now, while charging my Fitbit.
  • The sheets from Kohl's should come today at some point. If they do, I'll throw them into the washer and dryer. They'll be ready for the next time I change sheets on the bed.
  • A quick vacuum and swiffer about the living room.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am exhausted. F**king smoke detector started chirping at 3:00 a.m. No fire. Himself checked but not messing with them at that hour. Just would not shut up. Chirping every 17 seconds. Seeing as he does not wear his hearing aids to bed he did not have a problem getting back to sleep. I cannot say the same. Then, after I did, someone called at 8:00 a.m.

This morning he got the big ladder out, pushed the reset button on the main unit. Blissful quiet. We had the house open last night - he thinks the humidity set them off.

Baked a sheet of cookies this morning, from the dough I had made, portioned, refrigerated yesterday evening.

TWO mugs of coffee this morning. And probably a nap this afternoon.

Winchester Winchester You asked about PT - they added a new exercise yesterday: sit in chair with ankles under a bar that has weights on the end. Lift with both legs, reduce weight and lift just with leg that had the surgery. That was O.K. Next - 10 minutes on the bicycle. First few pedals were painful but it became easier with repetition. After which was the total gym, which is a slant board that is adjustable for tilt and you slide it up the frame until legs are straight and then lower down so knees bend. Could not do it, too painful. And its something I've been doing for multiple visits. Only 3 visits to go until I have none left. When I go on Friday I'll ask about changing sequence of exercises.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Geoffrey is hanging in there.. Only todays dose and one more of Prednisone to go. He will be completely weaned off of it over the weekend. 🙀
He is alert, watching tv, still loving his cuddling, looking outside the window, requesting brushing.. His conversations with me, come and go... His BM are now every other day.. a new thing.... Eating is ok... I wish he would eat a bit more. But, he seems ok, so far 🤞

Today:
*Up early for Corn Hole Games
*regular morning stuff..
* went out for corn hole.. MAN, was it hot!! It was ridiculous... I do not know why I showered.. I should have waited until after...
*Played corn hole.. substituted for a couple of other teams.. and practiced a bit...
*Staff played bocce. I like to watch them.. and I help score them..

Came in soaking wet from sweat!! OMG> I did not have the AC on.. I immediately put it on, when I came in. Now trying to cool off before I take some clean towels out to shower with... ugh..

I have some errands to do, but tomorrow is a doctors appointment. I will do them then.. or at least one errand.

I have no idea for supper. I had another salad last night, this time with some chicken from downstairs..
Looked at menu.. nothing good down there.. Cobb Salad or spaghetti with meatballs or veggie soup... ugh..too hot for soup!! Whomever puts these menus together needs to watch "CHOPPED", to get some ideas...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I'm glad G is feeling better. I guess you'll find out whether he'll continue like this. I really hope he does.
C catapault You're doing beautifully! As for the humidity setting off your smoke detector, that happened to us and Rick thought the same thing. It's scary when it happens at night.

We think we have somebody to side the house. A Mennonite gentleman came in last night, walked around the house with Rick, made some suggestions, and gave us (what we think is) a fair estimate. He knew Greg (our contractor) and said we lost a good contractor when he died. Anyway, he's busy right now, but will get to us at the middle of October. He only does outside work and is busy with siding, roofing, etc. Everybody is really busy.

Blissfully cooler this morning. I actually got out of bed at some point last night and turned the fan off. Just in time to hear somebody racing down the road, scream the brakes, and thud. A while later, the police, EMTs, and the fire truck came down the road. I imagine the driver hit a poor deer. Now I'm going to sound old, but damn it, I am so tired of these kids out here racing up and down the road. They drive like bats out of Hades. I often told Rick, "You know, one deer, just one deer. And someone's gonna end up in the hospital." It must have been a bad accident, judging from the number of vehicles that came in response. We didn't go out and check. We went back to bed.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. And plop, plop, plop go the walnuts on the ground.
  • Will strip the bed down. The new sheets came yesterday; both sets are washed and dried and Rick wants me to put a set on the bed. Ok, then! Gee, I wish I could fold sheets that compactly. I'm always impressed. I can't do it.
  • I took a nice pork shoulder out of the freezer this morning and threw it in the fridge to start thawing. Pulled pork for our Labor Day dinner.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I hear you about the cars screeching.. You should try living on a public beach!! OMG.. The cars.. the stereos, the zoom zoom, the motorcycles.. It is ridiculous.. It really is.
Sunday nights I have to use the AC. It is necessary, in order to have some peace and to be able to hear the TV.
The beach is supposedly closed at 10pm.. That stops a bit of it; yet you get the Ya-Hoos at 2AM, screeching down the road with stereos blasting..
At 10pm the MDC cops ride down the street with the loudspeaker, telling everyone the beach is closed, and to move their cars from the beach side, or else---they will be towed.. They try, but kids/people just do not care. It is the "ME" generation.

I expect to see the MDC cops and horses this weekend. The other end of the beach is the troublesome area. They have a train station down that end. This makes it easier for the rowdies from out of town. form the inner city of Boston, to come down here and start trouble with gangs and such...

The horses are cool to watch. When I hear a clop, clop, clop, clop, I look out and see mounted police!! They ride in pairs.. on the sidewalk. Occasionally on the sand.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom During the winter when there's snow, the kids will ride up and down the road on their snowmobiles during the night, until PennDOT plows. Obviously, our windows are all closed at that time, but you can still hear them in the middle of the night.

Rick's mom is very sick. She's in bed and on oxygen. His sister is going to visit this morning. We'll go up tonight, so as not to stress her strength by visiting when his sister does. Rick was worried enough to call our son this morning. Something with her lungs, but x-rays do not show pneumonia. Nor does she have Covid. She's not eating. Nor is she listening to her audiobooks.

I think we're winning the war on ants. We have ant traps in the kitchen and have Zevo'ed the kitchen window. There, for a while, it was just downright ugly. God, I hate ants.

For the first time since knee surgery, I walked two miles. Yeah, it's in the house; steps are steps. Therapist doesn't want me walking outside until (at least) mid-September. I don't want to walk outside until it cools down.
  • Nothing much going on here today. Rick will probably work outside for a bit; he's trying to figure out when he wants to close the pool. I'll do a quick vacuum in the house. The girls are really shedding again. I think they're getting ready for their winter fur. Mollipop, esp, seems to be getting fuzzier.
  • Sweep the leaves from the deck and patio. The leaves aren't changing color and falling. They're just dying from lack of water. Check the WeShed plants to see if they need water. I watered some of the outside plants last night, but it's not enough.
  • I may get out some fall-ish stuff in the kitchen today. Check to see what tablecloths, runners, etc. I can put out. I need a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.