Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After two very hot days and rain today my in-the-ground outdoor bananas are celebrating with ever expanding growth.
Dishwasher is indeed unloaded. Now to do the same for the clothes dryer.
Finished a book review for my web site that has been on the back burner for longer than it should have been.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
put a load of throws in, drying outside as it will be 85 today and 90 tomorrow

rest from trip to Painful Clinic..I get to wait till the end of September for my next appt...such a long appt
yesterday;;;; patient before me had an infusion pump and was having a new med for the first time..usually
takes about a 15 min wait..had to wait almost an hour

Heard from Pam and she is doing well.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Working on salvaging a park bench that I brought home from my mothers yard. The wood slats were rotted but the cast iron frame just needed a wash and a new coat of paint. Picked up new wood for the slats today and will try to get them sanded so I can cut them down tomorrow without slivers.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i emptied the dishwasher and put away it's contents. i washed the few dishes needing to go in (the next load) the dishwasher. i made some hash brown diced potatoes (with diced sweet red bell pepper, diced onions, salt and pepper) today. i vacuumed the flooring, then scooped and wiped down the litter boxes. i froze 3 ripe bananas (for later baking use), and 3 more ripe bananas will be used in making two pans of banana walnut blondies -- likely, either tomorrow or friday.

i was joining a friend to go out today, but her plans changed. so i'll do the treadmill, likely work on a jigsaw puzzle, and then enjoy a relatively quiet evening.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom The potatoes sound lovely and the blondies as well!! My father-in-law grew potatoes and would get some from the ground early in the mornings. He would fry them right afterwards, soooo good!!

litter boxes

removed a huge knot of hair from Cal's neck...the comb is sometimes not gentle enough so I peel the knot as your would a banana, then lightly remove the dead hair...she was so happy while I was doing it that she farted a silent but deadly; darling angel💖 hair is so thick I haven't been able to find a brush that removes the hair like the comb does. that came from Nicole and was used for Ouie, my doggie-nephew who is now at the Bridge. :hugs: :rbheart:

Keep cool and eat fruit!!!

Last edited:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work
Pick up grocery order
Clean litter boxes
Fix trash can with duct tape so raccoons stop grabbing garbage out through the huge crack on the side.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was:
* regular morning stuff
* medicate Geoffrey periodically during day.
*went for a walk.. I finally went down to the water--walked a bit in the water... tide going out; Then on the wet sand.
Wow. I am old and out of shape.. going down to the water was not bad, but climbing back up the sand, was brutal.
It felt so good to feel the sand, water...
*Iced coffee and bran muffin for lunch.
*sat in the courtyard reading a bit
*took a nap, cuddling with Geoffrey for a bit..
* went down to pick up supper
* friend called me..
*Watched Discovery on Paramount Plus.

It was a beautiful summer day-- low humidity, sea breeze..fluffy clouds.. actually the sea breeze was a bit much.. got cooler for a bit..

Today is a cloudless day.. another nice day.
*The building is having it's 44th anniversary party. A cocktail hour (yes open bar), and then a dinner. The mayor, local elected politicians, and mucky-mucks from the parent corporation will be here. They have been cleaning the first floor, and dining room, for a week...
You should see it: The woman take out their 'best evening attire'--their gold, diamonds.. makeup.. they get all dressed up for this.. I am going plain.. a pair of black leggings, a tank top, with a blouse over it... Not going all out. I could not, even if I wanted to.. I am too fat for my really good clothes..
The cocktail hour starts at 4:30.. People will be down there at 3pm or 3:30pm,-- to get a seat, and to gossip...
I swear the elderly women are the worst..

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going to cut the slats today for the park bench, start making new pillows for the living room and must, must, must clean the microwave because something splattered all over. If I get that all done and still have enough energy I will go to the lake this afternoon for a little detecting.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
To add to my list. After my walk, I got conned into helping the office fold the program for tonight. It was hinted that they may need help with setting up flowers, this afternoon... Jessh!

Found out that the dining room has seats for 150--- I think more people will want to come down.. Yikes!! first come--get seats!!
Glad I have a choice: either my friend or someone I graduated high school with!! She moved in her 6 months ago. I do not see her very often.. It would be nice to have someone my age..My other friend, I have know for 16 years.. and she is so much older, but does not act her age...

Still have not showered yet! Having an iced coffee and a bran muffin for lunch.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was:
* regular morning stuff
* medicate Geoffrey periodically during day.
*went for a walk.. I finally went down to the water--walked a bit in the water... tide going out; Then on the wet sand.
Wow. I am old and out of shape.. going down to the water was not bad, but climbing back up the sand, was brutal.
It felt so good to feel the sand, water...
*Iced coffee and bran muffin for lunch.
*sat in the courtyard reading a bit
*took a nap, cuddling with Geoffrey for a bit..
* went down to pick up supper
* friend called me..
*Watched Discovery on Paramount Plus.

It was a beautiful summer day-- low humidity, sea breeze..fluffy clouds.. actually the sea breeze was a bit much.. got cooler for a bit..

Today is a cloudless day.. another nice day.
*The building is having it's 44th anniversary party. A cocktail hour (yes open bar), and then a dinner. The mayor, local elected politicians, and mucky-mucks from the parent corporation will be here. They have been cleaning the first floor, and dining room, for a week...
You should see it: The woman take out their 'best evening attire'--their gold, diamonds.. makeup.. they get all dressed up for this.. I am going plain.. a pair of black leggings, a tank top, with a blouse over it... Not going all out. I could not, even if I wanted to.. I am too fat for my really good clothes..
The cocktail hour starts at 4:30.. People will be down there at 3pm or 3:30pm,-- to get a seat, and to gossip...
I swear the elderly women are the worst..
The party and dinner sound fun!!!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having requested the paper work from the doctor at my pre-surgery visit on Thursday, yesterday I went to motor vehicle department and got a handicap parking tag.

Also yesterday Himself ordered an ice machine for me to use after my knee surgery. It should arrive mid-week. Fill compartment with ice or use several frozen bottles of water to chill water that circulates in unit wrapped around knee. Three different people who have had the surgery highly recommended the device to us.

Niece who is an occupational therapist sent me multiple pages of post knee surgery information from her hospital's physical therapy people. I shall be so busy doing simple exercises, resting with leg elevated, and I am urged to take two 60 to 90 minute naps each day in the beginning. Shall see how my surgeon's information compares.

Still at work prepping food for the freezer. Today's plan is beef / bean / cheese burritos.

Stay tuned for further updates.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Picked up the stain for the park bench slats yesterday and today I got the first coat of stain on them. They are the same Forrest green color as the originals. I should be able to get the second coat on tomorrow and maybe start reassembly.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Having requested the paper work from the doctor at my pre-surgery visit on Thursday, yesterday I went to motor vehicle department and got a handicap parking tag.

Also yesterday Himself ordered an ice machine for me to use after my knee surgery. It should arrive mid-week. Fill compartment with ice or use several frozen bottles of water to chill water that circulates in unit wrapped around knee. Three different people who have had the surgery highly recommended the device to us.

Niece who is an occupational therapist sent me multiple pages of post knee surgery information from her hospital's physical therapy people. I shall be so busy doing simple exercises, resting with leg elevated, and I am urged to take two 60 to 90 minute naps each day in the beginning. Shall see how my surgeon's information compares.

Still at work prepping food for the freezer. Today's plan is beef / bean / cheese burritos.

Stay tuned for further updates.
Do you have a walker or a cane? My sister used both for a short while after her knee replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.