Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Mia6 Mia6 I'm sorry, I didn't see your post! :hugs: Rick is doing OK. Barely any pain, other than a very bad headache. He's been on a pureed diet thing and today will be the first he can actually eat something. Thanks so much for asking about him. I'm so sorry about your helper. You're right....the whole thing has gotten rather silly. We feel that way about Rick's mom in the nursing home, too. Hopefully, she'll feel better soon.
:hugs:
No worries, Pam. I'm glad he is feeling better

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We were getting ready to leave for the market today and Rick's sister called. They're still on the phone (she's having "issues", so I'm back here for a while.
  • Took Muffin out for her (very chilly and windy) walk. She was not amused, but she's the one who wanted to go.
  • Hit the market today for last minute things.
  • Rick didn't do the TWT yesterday, but he said he'll do it today. If he does, I'll decorate the tree.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
While I wait for package deliveries, I cleaned my shoe closet, which is something I don’t do enough. It involved a trash bin for shoes I never will wear, a flashlight so I could see the sickening amount of dust and shoe crud in there, the vacuum cleaner of course and damp cloths to clean up what I think was dried cat puke. Who knows how many years until I do it again but for now it’s clean.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm expecting Rick's cheesecake to be delivered today. And Outlander's Go Tell the Bees That I Am Gone should be here. So excited for the book, not so much for the cheesecake. :)
  • The first of three loads of laundry is in the washer. Whites, sweats, and kitty stuff
  • Vacuum, dust, clean the kitchen and bathroom. The stove needs a good cleaning (hydrogen peroxide, Dawn, and baking soda) while I'm at it. And I'm going to throw the oven on self-clean for a couple of hours. I'm putting the turkey in the sink for a couple of hours. It's thawing, but I think it could use a little help.
  • Rick did get the TWT up in the WeShed, so Muffin and I will go out this afternoon to decorate.
  • Making a small batch of pickled eggs. You know, I normally don't do pickled eggs for Thanksgiving, but well, I'm hungry for them this year. Should have done them over the weekend, but they'll still be good. I got my container of beet juice out of the freezer as well as a couple quarts of applesauce, some butternut squash (for the pumpkin custard, which is really a squash custard, but don't tell my brother that!) and a quart of red beets. My sister texted me to see she could have applesauce. Of course!
So today is primarily a rip-through-the-house cleaning day. Tomorrow will be a food prep day. So glad that I'm not working and can be home to get things done!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I

folded the load of dark clothes that were in the dryer since yesterday so

this morning's load of towels in the clothes washer could replace them

and a plethora of small things: mixed up some gorp for Himself to snack on, added bird seed to partially empty feeders and hung outside, built a fire in the wood burning stove because it is a chilly morning, checked the supply of candied fruit (lemon peel, orange peel, pineapple, citron, whole red cherries) / yellow raisins / dark raisins / currants (will put to soak in brandy tomorrow so I can start baking fruitcake on Friday), etc etc etc

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
My turn to get up with the girls. It's chilly, about 23F.
I ripped through the house yesterday. The oven looks brand new, the kitchen sparkles and so does the bathroom. I made pickled eggs; they're in the fridge, waiting for tomorrow.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee.
  • Today is for food prep: make the cornbread for the crock pot stuffing, make the gravy, and chop onions, carrots, and celery for the various dishes I'm making tomorrow. (I have found that having my veggies already chopped prior to cooking really helps. I chop all that I need, throw it all into various containers, and then tomorrow all I need to do is throw it all together. Works!)
  • Thank you note to Chewy; they sent a full case of Friskies Buffet to compensate for the dented cans. I also need to contact Juniors. Rick's tiramisu cheesecake came yesterday. But they sent two cheesecakes! Two! And I checked, I only ordered and paid for one. I'm willing to pay for the second one, even though it was their fault. It can't be sent back. One is in the fridge, the other the freezer. And the one in the fridge? Boy, is it ever calling Rick! He was actually pacing around the kitchen last night, waiting for me to tell him to go ahead and open the thing. I told him to open it, but then he said, "No, no, no. That's OK! SIGH!" The man loves his cheesecake.
And I think that will be pretty much it for today.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
So I talked to people at Juniors. They said it was their fault, several orders were sent in duplicate and ours was one of them. I don't have to send the cheesecake back, nor will I be charged for it. While I am grateful on Rick's part, why oh why couldn't that have been a coconut layer cake?! Why? Dang!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I worked today and got a lot done thankfully. I bought my cap and gown for graduation in January. Soon I will be making some cheese balls and dips and also macaroni and cheese for Thanksgiving tomorrow. I'm going to my dad's first and my sister's after, so I'm bringing different things for each Thanksgiving event, so I'm trying to figure out the logistics for that.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Not much going on that's not dinner-related. Get everything made this morning, so I'll just have to throw stuff in the ovens at their set times. Turkey is seasoned and resting in the fridge, ready to go into the electric roaster at 12:30 for 4:00 dinner. I forgot to buy ricotta; I can't believe I forgot to buy ricotta. Well, we'll still have corn pudding; it just won't be the corn pudding that I usually make.

Rick said he'd do a quick vacuum this morning, while I'm cooking.

After dinner and after my brother and SIL leave, I'm going out to the WeShed for a while. The TWT is decorated. Rick will be watching football games all day.

Actually, it's going to be fairly low-key.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday was nice. Everything was good and we enjoyed spending time with my brother and SIL. A very nice visit.
Have a bit of a headache this morning, so I stayed in bed for a while. Texted with my son instead of getting up. Finally, Muffin came back and said, "You're awake! I know you're awake! After-breakfast breakfast, PLEASE!"
It's quite windy out today, no working on leaves.
  • Canceling my sub to Discovery+. It doesn't work anymore on the Samsung in the WeShed. I reset the router, I reset the SmartHub on the tv, I updated software on the tv. I removed the Discovery app and re-installed it. I changed passwords. Nothing, just a grey screen. So I installed it on the tv in the bedroom with the Firestick. It buffers. Plays about 15 minutes, then buffers, plays again, then buffers. I can't use it, I'm canceling it. It's a shame because, when it worked on the Samsung, I was really enjoying it. If you have any ideas to help me, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
  • I might do a load of laundry, just the tablecloth and napkins from yesterday, adding in dish towels and cloths.
We have no plans for today. Maybe some Christmas decorating. Although it's kind of nice doing nothing after the work of the past couple days. House is clean, everything is returned to their proper places (roaster, crock pot, etc.)

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So today I

1) scrubbed the half dozen pots from our Thanksgiving dinner a deux, polished their copper bottoms, dried and put away.

2) got an unexpected call that the orthotics that were ordered about 3 weeks ago were ready. So off we drove, 45 minutes each way, got the orthotics. Will put them in the least worn of my 3 pair of every day shoes, start with an hour twice a day, gradually increase time wearing them. Go back in two weeks for follow up.

3) finished cleaning out my garage bay which had been a prepare-summer-plants-for-winter-storage work area (cannas, elephant ears, etc) and now - woohoo! my car is again parked in the garage.

4) started the holiday decorating by putting up the goose girl and goose boy mobile, and setting out the little sleigh, 5 white horses, and Santa.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
strider rose strider rose And it was a royal pain in the butt!

Yesterday. I changed a ton of passwords....for a little bit of everything. Just because I thought it was time. Put D+ on the tv in the living room. And it worked. Hmmmm. Went out to the WeShed and re-installed D+ on the tv out there. And spent the rest of the day watching TV. I don't get it. I just don't get it. But I'll take it. I barely watch network tv any more. And I really don't watch anything on cable much any more either. Rick still does. Anyway, my 7-day D+ trial ended today. I'll pay for a month and see how it goes.

We didn't go anywhere for BF yesterday. And I stayed away from the internet, too, for shopping.

I don't know where to buy Friskies Indoor Delights. Went to Giant, Weis, Target, PetSmart, even WM. Tried Chewy. Nada. I'm going to have to switch them over to something else for the time being. My SIL told me that she was at PetSmart, right after they stocked food shelves. There were tons of FB cans. Three people came in and literally bought cases and cases AND cases of the stuff....wiped the shelves right out. She asked them if they were buying for a shelter. Nope, they were just "stocking up". CASES, I'm telling you. Amazon has the 16-pound bag of Indoor Delights.....for $30. I don't think so. Call me cheap, call me whatever you want. I don't think so.
  • A bit of laundry today. I need to scoop.
  • Work on some decorating this afternoon. While I'm in the house, Rick is going outside to do some lights. He is to put the tree up tonight. I stay away when he's doing the tree. Well, not the tree so much, but the lights. He turns into a real bear with Christmas lights!
And that will be our day. Nothing big going on.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We ran some errands this morning -distilled water for humidifiers, fuel for my car, etc.

Raked three tarps full of leaves from the windrow in front of garage and along the greenhouse. Dumped on top of the cut back, tubbed over hardy bananas. They do have wooden covers too, but had been multiplying out from under. So I put up wire fencing and additional leaves. More to rake, more to pile.

Exercise bicycle that Amazon originally said would arrive next Wednesday, changed their mind and said it would be here tomorrow - guess what? It was delivered today. Himself is assembling it. Doesn't look quite like a bicycle. Pedaling is supposed to strengthen my leg that has no remaining cartilage in the knee.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finished crocheting an elephant for my friend's kid's 1st birthday. I then went to his party about 20 minutes after finishing it. After that I went and got my COVID booster and also Menards so I could build a fence at the end of my yard (the only part of my yard not fenced) because I'm sick of my dog running off into the swamp when I let her outside.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first and possibly only batch of 6 small loaves of fruitcake are in the oven.

Next, the fourth Sunday of the month family zoom

Would also like to make fire lighters - pressed cardboard egg carton, sawdust (dryer lint also on option), melted ugly / broken candles poured on.

Status
Not open for further replies.