Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The contractor is finally bringing the house siding in today. It's going into the basement. I hope that means it won't be too much longer to wait for the work to start.
  • Got up with the girls this morning, but then I went back to bed. Am drinking my coffee now.
  • Must vacuum, swiffer, etc.
  • Two (maybe three) loads of laundry. I will get the comforter out today for the bed. We've just had a flannel sheet and the electric blanket on the bed. Rick said it was time for the comforter. OK!
  • Check the plants in the WeShed. I'm trying to figure out if I'll sit out on the deck anymore. I'd like to put the deck chairs away and get things organized out there. We'll see. Right now, it's downright chilly and breezy, with rain showers. The sun is out now, but showers aren't that far away.
We had a really nice time with friends on Saturday night. This couple worked with Rick for years. When he retired, they kept in contact. She is now retired as well. They're nice people. She had a good dinner and then we played a bit of cards. It was a nice night. (Oh, and they have a cat! What's not to like!!)

Anchoress

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
-feed the cats
- make a snack and hot drink...
- bed for the night.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
do my morning online things
wait for the leasing office to open so that i can turn in the lease paper work
play a game later

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I have the computer room torn apart. Some of the stuff is in our bedroom; some of the stuff is in the hallway. I vacuumed, dusted (not swiffered), washed windows and the mirrors, dust-mopped in the corners and up at the ceiling. Getting ready to Bona the floor and then I can't use the computer until it dries. Then I'll put everything back, including a freshly scoured litter box with new litter. It needed to be done.

Tomorrow? The bedroom!

Anchoress

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Same as last night plus ear plugs as an Atlantic gale is yelling and screaming..

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I am glad non-new helper called off that day as she has Covid. Someone I play WWF with also has a breakthrough case.
He had Pfizer but he is only 28! Helper wasn't vaccinated. WWF bud said "I'm sicker than a dog!"

Did 2 loads of clothes

Will attempt to do more chores.

I had the flu jab in my left arm and Covid booster in my right. Left is swollen and painful but that is my bad arm.
Other than the soreness no side effects other than a mild headache.

Rain again today..yuk🌧☔⛈

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work
Make out grocery list
Set up grocery pick up for tomorrow
Do a load of laundry

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 While I am upset that you still do not have a helper; I am glad the substitute never showed up. How can the agency NOT require/mandate vaccinations for these type of workers???
It is really frightening.

I had a dentist appointment this morning at 10 am.. I should have rescheduled it yesterday; but did not think the weather would be as bad as predicted.

We have what they are calling, "Bombogenesis"... Honestly, where do these names come from???

It is really bad out there. Yesterday was gusts of torrential rains. I mean torrential. I do not think I have ever heard/seen the rain pound the building as hard as it did. It will be 3 years in February, when I moved in.

During the night the wind really increased in speed. Really bad. Power went off sometime during the night. It just flickered again.

The waves!! High Tide was at 4:30 am... I could not se the ocean then, but once the sun came up, OMG.. really angry waves..

The wind!! It is still raining but not as bad as yesterday. Today it is the wind howling.
I hope the dentist is understanding. My appointment was at 10am..

So Today I will:
*regular stuff..
*call dentist to apologize
* make a pot of chicken soup, which I have been planning for a few days.
*perhaps dust furniture---been putting that off, also.

I have someone coming in, late today, to give my bathroom a deep cleaning. It has a ton of tile it there. I hate scrubbing tile! This woman takes a toothbrush and cleans the grout!! It really needs a good scrubbing. She is an excellent cleaner, who is in demand! She is at a point where she can pick and choose whom she wants to have as a client. I am fortunate that she likes me. She said she would help me anytime, with anything.
Earlier this year, I had to take down my window screens. She scrubs them, the blinds, and the windows. It is well worth the money.. not expensive at all~~ a hard worker.

She is really helpful, especially since when I do a lot, my lower back--arthritis-- gets really sore, never mind my shoulder.

Anchoress

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In total covid isolation and happy with that, My immune system is too down with CFS /ME to take vaccines. Headed for 80 etc but I manage in my laid back way and I have supply lines set up NB as infections are so dangerous I had already been a year in isolation when covid arrived so it has been easy for me. The internet makes all the difference. And this is going go on a long while yet and we have lost loved ones.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick called about our new fridge coming. When it was ordered back in June, they said it would be here in August. In August, they said it would be here in October. Well, now they don't know when it's coming. They have no clue. Of course, they're blaming it on the "lack of workers." Meanwhile, we're keeping a really close eye on the temps in both fridge and freezer; we don't keep much of anything in the freezer anymore and we have fridge stuff in the fridge out in the WeShed. We've been buying ice for months because we had to shut off our ice maker. And we have no idea what to do. It doesn't help to go to other stores; they say they're having the same problems.

Our contractor did bring the siding for the house and it's in the basement. We'll be lucky if we see him before next year. With all the rain we've had and are still having, he is way behind with all his work. He apologized, but well, we can't control the weather.

Rick "lost" one of our comforters. How in the world do you lose a comforter? He wanted me to put it on the bed, but I can't find it. He had put it away last spring after I washed it and he said he put it in the closet. It's not there. How? How? *long, drawn-out heavy sigh* I guess we can add that to the list of stuff that's disappearing in this house. Honestly, we/I put stuff away and, when I go for it again, it's gone. Poof! Disappeared! Never to be seen again. OK, I can understand a yard flag. Or a table runner. But a queen-size comforter? The other ones are there; that particular one is not.

It's a chilly and blustery day today. The wind is really whipping and the leaves are flying.
  • Got up with the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and had my coffee. I must scoop.
  • I may do a quick vacuum, but the bedroom is not getting a cleaning today. Blah!
  • But I do plan to hit the WeShed for a while this afternoon or tonight.
I am in quite the "mood" today. Sorry.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Bedroom is torn apart. Vacuumed, dusted, and Bona'ed the floor. You can't get out the hallway because of all the stuff in the hallway and in the bathroom. Sheets are in the washer and the electric blanket is in the dryer. Windows are washed. Rick is not amused. But it needed to be done. After the floor is dry, I'll move everything back in. I never got any big cleaning done back in the spring because I boogered my leg. I'm trying to get it done now.
I'm going to wait until next week to do a major cleaning in the kitchen. It will be time to start moving dishes around for Christmas, so it's a good time to do it.
  • Clarence and I are going for a ride this afternoon.
  • We have five mums that need to be planted. Four are going over by the WeShed; the other one is going in the front flower bed by Rupert (the gargoyle).

Anchoress

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
1, Today was grocery delivery day; every two weeks huge boxes after I email my list in... Catfood and mefood.. it came over on the small ferry then they dropped it off here.

2. Today , belatedly ( I keep a small spare supply in as the weather can stop the ferry and has this week) my monthly prescription arrived with the groceries, ten days late)

3. That means I can put my creaking old bones to bed! While the sound of my cats relishing raw chicken drumsticks is music to my ears..

Bliss....

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work
Pick up grocery order
Pick up youngest from school
Clean litter boxes
Do a load of laundry

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I'm glad she didn't show up, but this is exactly what I've been complaining about in regard to Rick's mom. Why these workers are not required to be vaccinated is beyond me. Anybody who works in the health care field should be vaccinated. Yep, it should be mandated. And meanwhile, you are stuck, once again, on your own. :hugs:
artiemom artiemom Take care! I think we're supposed to be getting something here as well; Rick said it could be ugly. Your cleaning lady is amazing! I hope your dentists understands about the weather.

Clarence and I had a good drive yesterday. I had the music running and the moon roof open. I stopped at the cheesemaker and got some baby Swiss and some cheddar. It's such good cheese.

After I was done with the bedroom yesterday, I went outside. Dug out four Stella D'Oro lilies and Rick planted them at the southern end of the WeShed in the garden we created there. Planted four mums in that area as well as quite a few daffodils. I've been pick-axing that area out now for a couple of weeks; yes, Rick would have done it, but I was being stubborn and he had enough to do at the time. I clipped and dug up a bunch of cannas and stuck them in their box for the basement. Raked and cleaned up a ton of leaves and pine needles. Started clipping the hosta. By last night, it was all I could do to walk and I was bent over. I grabbed a really, really hot shower, the one that turns my whole body bright red. And then went to bed with the electric blanket on high. I feel better this morning and am walking, but am still stiff.
  • Got up with the girls this morning. Emptied the dishwasher, made coffee, and sorted through laundry.
  • Two, maybe three loads of laundry.
  • I'd like to get back outside before the rain hits today.
My fall-blooming azaleas are blooming. Such a pretty pink color. Lilacs are still blooming. You know, they bloomed more this fall than they did in the spring! We had a couple dayliles bloom again, too. Weird weather.

Last edited:

Anchoress

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Counting the minutes to the earliest time I allow myself to close down ie feed the cats,
Jacob cat is abed with me, under ,my knees. Lovely and warm
Will think of a third ; later...

Meet Jacob cat... Often refuses a bed and if I leave a small box around.. What we call MOUTHY! He got dumped in a rescue many years ago when his family were moving to Dublin and to somewhere there was cat allergy. I was there to collect a feral female and as the rescue lady and I were sitting on the floor chatting h e strolled over and all over us! S OLD!
He is the "cowardly lion" but a gentle ouls

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.