Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I made 24 apple dumplings yesterday: 4 for my sister and BIL, 4 for our neighbors, 4 for the Grands, 4 for us, and the remaining 8 went into the freezer. Took most of the morning. I'll start on apple pies on Monday. Then I grabbed a Pepsi and spent the rest of the day in the WeShed, watching TV and reading.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and Molli and I are back here while I enjoy my coffee. I need to scoop this morning.
  • Make broccoli salad to take down to the kids for our son's 50th birthday lunch. Lord, but I am old!
  • Finish up the grocery list, check my coupons, and get ready to grab groceries tomorrow morning.
  • I'm also working on a baking grocery list to get ready for holiday baking.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Pam, I hope the migraine lets up so you can enjoy your son's bd.

regular stuff

doing a bit of laundry now. Washing hoodies, throws. Cal threw up a hair ball that made it to a throw, sheet, pillow sham,
what a mess that was. I bought a PF Chang frozen dinner, orange chicken. I hope it's good.

The awful humidity is gone for now with lower temps. Brisk this morning....turned the heat on to get the chill out. I hope
I can sit on the deck and read but it may be too chilly.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We had such a good time yesterday! We really don't get to see the kids as often as we'd like.

It's downright chilly today. I had the electric blanket on low last night and Muffin was up against me as tightly as she could manage pretty much all night long. When the covers go off her, she'll pat me to wake me up, then I draw her back over to me and pull the covers back up to her neck. She starts purring and we go back to sleep. (Banshee used to do that with me, too.)
  • Grabbed groceries this morning. I started buying a few things for Thanksgiving and for holiday baking.
And I think that's pretty much it. I feel really pooped and so not in the mood for apple anything. Tomorrow is another day. Ever since it turned chillier, I've been waking up with a sore throat. It eventually goes away during the day, but the next morning, I have it again. And a low-grade headache. Nothing really bad. I just don't feel right.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Yeah, I am getting the same thing also. I think the drop in humidity has done it.. along with the temperature drop. Changes in seasons are the worst.

I hate the thought of dragging out the humidifiers. Such a pain, and a waste of money for water. Last year, I used filtered water; ended up with a ton of white crappy dust on everything. it took me forever to get rid of the dust.
Distilled water was the best for eliminating the dust, but it was a pain to buy, and store. They were even out of distilled water in the grocery stores! It is very dry in the apartment, so I run them a lot, using up a ton of water per day, at least a gallon.

I need to find at least one humidifier. preferably 2, with filters.

It is cold, and very windy outside.. having a hard time breathing.. I ran into a friend in here. He is having a tuff time breathing, also.... must be throwing around the pollen and dust...

Can never win!!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I was true to my word yesterday. I went out to the WeShed and stayed out there for quite a while. Came back into the house, made a quick dinner for us, watched some news, and went to bed early. I feel better this morning. I really think that, sometimes, I just need sleep. And yeah, artiemom artiemom , the change in the weather is always bad for a couple of days.

We did try the Ninja Creami out for our dessert last night with chocolate ice cream. It was really good. Rick had made chocolate and vanilla ice cream on Sunday and stuck the containers in the freezer. Tonight, we'll try the vanilla to go with a couple apple dumplings for dessert. I want to try pineapple sorbet at some point.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and Molli and I are back here. She's on the cat tree and I'm hanging out on the computer while I drink my coffee.
  • Apple pies this morning. I'd like to get 5 or 6 made; one will be for our neighbors and the rest will hit the freezer. Four more apple dumplings, two for Rick's mom, one for Rick and one for me. The deer are having a good time with the apple peelings. Rick takes the peelings and cores up to the back yard. They're gone by morning. At least we think it's the deer.
  • Trash night tonight

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

very chilly this morning..low 40s but will be in the mid 70s later on

I will have a helper from Wednesday through Friday but only for this week as her client is in hospital.
It's better than no one.

Will be a nice sunny day here.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work
Pick up a couple things from Walgreens
Pull out Winter coats to put on coat rack (thanks for the reminder MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles )
Ok... so I do this and within five minutes, the entire rack is on the floor. I was clueless what happened so I stood the rack up again and sat down in the living room. Gracie goes over to the rack, grabs one of the coats with her claws and pulls the whole thing down. :headshake: I guess I'll wait until it really gets cold before I take the coats out again and we can just put them on the back of our chairs in the kitchen.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
klunick klunick Gracie is a stinker! :lol:

I did four more apple dumplings yesterday: two for Rick's mom and Rick and I ate the remaining two with vanilla ice cream last night. I did five apple pies; one went to our neighbors and the rest went into the freezer. I made a Salted Caramel Apple Pie and a Cranberry Apple Pie with Oatmeal Crumb Topping (from the Pie Academy book). Two are apple pies with brown sugar and raisins, and the remaining is just an apple pie. They'll taste good this winter! And now? I never want to see an apple pie again. Or a dumpling.
  • Apple sauce today. I have a 28-pound bag of assorted apples that I'll turn into sauce. The remaining bag is simply Grannies and those are my eating apples. I'll use some Grannies for apple fritters, a coffee cake, etc. during the next couple of months. They'll last for a while in the basement.
  • The kitchen floor needs a good scrubbing!
  • And then outside to rake some leaves (and pick up walnuts).
Our neighbor just came over with an empty pie pan and gave it to Rick. He wondered if it could be refilled. :lol: They're dealing with some issues. Their grandson was found unconscious in his apartment; he had had a severe stroke. He lived in Florida and their daughter lived in Hawaii. When she couldn't reach her son, she called emergency services and they found him. She flew to Florida to take care of him, but PT and such is simply so expensive there. She and her son came home and are living with our neighbors while he does PT here. It's going to be a long and difficult time for them. Our neighbors are in their 80s with their own health problems, so it's hard for them to deal with it all, too. They appreciate some baked goods here and there, so I always try to include them when I do any baking.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
klunick klunick Gracie is a stinker! :lol:

I did four more apple dumplings yesterday: two for Rick's mom and Rick and I ate the remaining two with vanilla ice cream last night. I did five apple pies; one went to our neighbors and the rest went into the freezer. I made a Salted Caramel Apple Pie and a Cranberry Apple Pie with Oatmeal Crumb Topping (from the Pie Academy book). Two are apple pies with brown sugar and raisins, and the remaining is just an apple pie. They'll taste good this winter! And now? I never want to see an apple pie again. Or a dumpling.
  • Apple sauce today. I have a 28-pound bag of assorted apples that I'll turn into sauce. The remaining bag is simply Grannies and those are my eating apples. I'll use some Grannies for apple fritters, a coffee cake, etc. during the next couple of months. They'll last for a while in the basement.
  • The kitchen floor needs a good scrubbing!
  • And then outside to rake some leaves (and pick up walnuts).
Our neighbor just came over with an empty pie pan and gave it to Rick. He wondered if it could be refilled. :lol: They're dealing with some issues. Their grandson was found unconscious in his apartment; he had had a severe stroke. He lived in Florida and their daughter lived in Hawaii. When she couldn't reach her son, she called emergency services and they found him. She flew to Florida to take care of him, but PT and such is simply so expensive there. She and her son came home and are living with our neighbors while he does PT here. It's going to be a long and difficult time for them. Our neighbors are in their 80s with their own health problems, so it's hard for them to deal with it all, too. They appreciate some baked goods here and there, so I always try to include them when I do any baking.
Well, that is one name you could call her. Brat works too. :lol:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 That is just ridiculous!

I chopped 6 pounds of apples and threw them, along with a bit of apple cider vinegar, into the crock pot last night for apple butter. Let them go all night on Low. When I got up this morning, I gave them a good stir and turned back to High for today. I can't believe how much they cooked down. They're a pretty brownish color. They'll get darker when I add the brown sugar, cinnamon, etc. Can't wait to see how it turns out. I do like apple butter.
  • My turn to get up with the girls this morning. They are fed, have bathed, and are ready for a nap.
  • Change and wash the bed sheets when Rick drags his butt out of bed. We slept with the windows open last night. Must enjoy it while we can. I love open windows.
  • Work outside a bit today

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work
Go to Walgreens
Pick up grocery order
Pick up youngest from school (maybe)
Clean litter boxes
Collect all the trash
Put trash can at curb for tomorrow's pick up
Do a load of laundry

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Headache from yesterday is down to a dull roar. It was really bad yesterday and I went to bed early last night. I did get some sweeping and raking done yesterday. We were outside for about three hours and then the skies opened. Just long enough to make everything wet and then it stopped. Interestingly, while I was outside in the fresh, cool air, my headache pretty much dissipated. Came back into the house and there it was again.
  • The girls had their breakfast, Molli had her "chase around the kitchen" snack and she and I are back here this morning. My coffee tastes especially good. Some mornings, coffee just hits the spot. Today is one of those mornings.
  • I must bake a chocolate cake with whipped peanut butter frosting this morning. We've been invited to have dinner with friends tonight and I offered to bring dessert.
  • Scoop, vacuum, etc. Nothing major, just same old, same old.
ETA: When I retired, my replacement was a 22-year old, right out of college. She seems really nice, but it's hard to talk to somebody who's only 22 years old because views are so different. My co-worker is having that problem. I got a text from him: "I have finally decided that I have absolutely nothing in common with a 22-year old. When are you coming back?" :lol:

Last edited:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Change bedsheets
Drop youngest off for ROTC event
Clean bathrooms
Do a couple loads of laundry
Watch hockey games
Pick up dinner

Status