Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're home! We left early Sunday morning for Mystic, CT. Spent Sunday and Sunday night there and then headed to Ogunquit, Maine on Monday morning. We stayed in Ogunquit, toured Portland and Kennebunkport, walked around towns and along the ocean. Did some shopping, had some good food, and headed for home Wednesday morning. We got back to our house around 5:00. My brother drove and we went along for the ride. We really had a good time. This was my first time away from our house since we went to Vermont in 2017. I was due, overdue, actually.

The weather was gorgeous. In the low 70s/high 60s. We had a bit of rain Monday night, and Tuesday was a bit cloudy. But Wednesday morning was beautiful. We walked down along Marginal Way a bit, to see the sun rise and it was spectacular. Coming home, once we got into the Poconos, the trees were brilliant with color.

The girls were well taken care of by my sister and BIL. But they missed us. You can tell. Molli tried to be a bit stand-offish, but she couldn't. She cuddled up close in bed last night, even though Muffin was right there, too. Rick said he came to bed and Molli was on my left side, with Muffin on my right, and Tabby on my left, right up against Molli. Later on, when Molli moved up to my pillow at my head, Tabby moved right in Molli's old spot next to me. I think they missed us. They're used to Dad going away, but they're not used to Mom not being around. Mom's always around!
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and Molli and I are back here with my coffee.
  • I have a ton of laundry to do
  • Must pick up meds today, at some point
Glad you had a great trip and are home safe Winchester Winchester .

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
klunick klunick Thanks so much!
  • While Rick is at Target and Lowes, I just finished vacuuming and swiffering the house. Washed our masks. Straightened up the kitchen a bit. Doing a load of laundry now as I didn't get it all done yesterday. Took a nice pork loin out of the freezer to thaw for our apple cider-braised roast pork on Sunday.
  • Check the plants in the WeShed. Sweep the WeShed deck and patio; the leaves, they are falling!
  • Rake the lawn a bit by the shed, although, with the leaves, I don't know why. More walnuts to pick up....still a lot on the tree, too. A productive year for our walnut tree, our chestnut tree, and our oak tree. The deer are loving all the acorns. The squirrels are going to town on the walnuts, but there are more walnuts than squirrels. The chestnuts just lay there. Evidently the animals don't like chestnuts. I have to pick them up, too.
And that is my Friday! Nothing major going on.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
klunick klunick Thanks so much!
  • While Rick is at Target and Lowes, I just finished vacuuming and swiffering the house. Washed our masks. Straightened up the kitchen a bit. Doing a load of laundry now as I didn't get it all done yesterday. Took a nice pork loin out of the freezer to thaw for our apple cider-braised roast pork on Sunday.
  • Check the plants in the WeShed. Sweep the WeShed deck and patio; the leaves, they are falling!
  • Rake the lawn a bit by the shed, although, with the leaves, I don't know why. More walnuts to pick up....still a lot on the tree, too. A productive year for our walnut tree, our chestnut tree, and our oak tree. The deer are loving all the acorns. The squirrels are going to town on the walnuts, but there are more walnuts than squirrels. The chestnuts just lay there. Evidently the animals don't like chestnuts. I have to pick them up, too.
And that is my Friday! Nothing major going on.
Here in MO we have Hammons Products over in Stockton.They produce a bunch of the black walnuts you find in the grocery store.They have hulling stations set up where you take the nuts you've picked up,hull them and pay you $20 per hundred pounds......highest they've paid in a long time.We let the squirrels have ours,but there's lots of folks and kids out there picking up what they can find for extra cash.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a 3 day weekend and I vowed to enjoy at least one of those days so today is the day! No cleaning. No laundry. Just basic stuff like...

Feed the cats
Clean litter boxes
Pick up dinner
Watch some hockey and some Dr Oakley

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Here in MO we have Hammons Products over in Stockton.They produce a bunch of the black walnuts you find in the grocery store.They have hulling stations set up where you take the nuts you've picked up,hull them and pay you $20 per hundred pounds......highest they've paid in a long time.We let the squirrels have ours,but there's lots of folks and kids out there picking up what they can find for extra cash.
Oh wow! We don't have anything like that around here!
  • Got up this morning, fed the girls, and did my normal stuff
  • We're getting ready to leave to visit with Rick's mom. They are allowing us to visit, but only outside. Max is 8 people and we must do the mask thing and social distance. The kids, esp, MUST social distance. I did get a small cake for her, so we'll have a piece of cake, but that's it. It's really windy outside and the wind is chilly. But outside in the wind is better than no visit at all. Afterward, we're taking the kids out to dinner.
  • Once we get home, I'm going out to the WeShed to watch the rest of Midnight Mass on Netflix. Rick will be busy yelling at the tv during the PennState/Iowa game, so it's better to be in the WeShed this afternoon!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a 3 day weekend and I vowed to enjoy at least one of those days so today is the day! No cleaning. No laundry. Just basic stuff like...

Feed the cats
Clean litter boxes
Pick up dinner
Watch some hockey and some Dr Oakley
I lied :lol: I ended up doing some cleaning and laundry. And to make matters worse... the hockey game I wanted to watch is blacked out so can't even watch it. :mad2:

I noticed the stove vent hood was dirty so that got scrubbed which turned into the table getting wiped. Then I saw that the toilet lid was dirty so I ended up scrubbing the whole bathroom and since I did one, I might as well do the others. And if I am cleaning the bathrooms, that means the towels need to get switched out and washed. :frustrated:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We had a great time yesterday with Rick's mom. The home is still locked down, but because it was her 100th birthday, they cut us a break. I ordered a small cake (our local restaurant/bakery is no longer decorating cakes - COVID, so I had to go to Giant). We were limited to eight people and we had to stay outside and social distance. Still, we stood around for about two hours, just being with each other. Our son's family came up for the visit and then came to our house for supper (pizza) and to watch the PennState game. A really good day. (DIL is planning a birthday lunch with cake next Saturday for our son's birthday; he will be 50. Lord, but we're getting old!)

Today? Um, I've not done anything worth mentioning, other than I have a pork roast with potatoes in the oven. I finally watched the rest of Midnight Mass (Netflix) and then start watching Big Sky (Hulu). Two episodes in and I'm done. Blah. I don't get into those plots at all. Still thinking of trying House.

And that's been my day!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Happy Birthday to MIL!! Wow!!! amazing...

Today:
*woke up at 5:30am, for Mass... felt really blah---really out of it...
*Breakfast; played with Geoffrey
*Mass
*second cup of coffee
* Geoffrey was a real PITA this morning.. acrying, wanting attention, Could not tell what was on his mind...I had already scooped his box.. he had food, so what was it? He was all over me..
Semi-brushed him, several times.
*Cuddled with him for a few...
*Decided to do 3 separate loads of laundry... ugh.. Upa dn down, Up and down, times 7 times--got my steps in..
* Finally finished morning stuff
* Decided to clean bathroom before I out the clean--just washed shower curtain and liner back up....

It was a busy day..
I have clothes drying all over here... things I do no normally put in dryer... and my heavy winter jacket.. The lining, cuffs are still soaking wet... despite one full cycle in dryer...

Oh... Geoffrey had pooped again!!! second time today... and he wanted his dry food, and he really wanted to cuddle today... that is what he was pestering me about...

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Started getting ready for my December craft show. Spent two hours doing inventory of my fabric, completed products and half completed products and loaded it all into excel.
Went to Sams Club for Halloween candy and coffee and then stopped to buy groceries on the way home.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick is in the garden this morning, checking on tomatoes, etc. I need some onions, so he's pulling them for me.
  • Put the flannels on the bed this morning. It really isn't necessary, but I wanted to do them.
  • Three loads of laundry
  • After I'm finished with laundry, I'm going to work outside a bit.
  • Trash night tonight and we didn't do trash last week since we weren't home. Bag is going to be heavy this week.
It's so cloudy and grey. It's difficult for the grass to dry out because we haven't seen any sun since the middle of last week. Rick is going to mow this afternoon anyway bc the grass keeps growing. It's not cold or even cool, very sticky and warm.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I accomplished a lot, this morning.
*Regular Morning stuff
*brushed Geoffrey
*played with Geoffrey
*Out for errands....... left around 9:30am, made 7 stops, and was back in time for my bocce game!! Home just after 11am...
*Bocce, ran until 1pm.
*Put groceries and stuff away

It is nice outside.. warmish for October. You can feel the autumn in the air. The house is warm.

There was absolutely no traffic this morning, while I was out and about!!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick never got to the grass yesterday. He ended up spending the day in the garden. Took the fence down, dug up all the sweet potatoes (we ended up with at least 25 pounds), and did some cleaning. Going way down into the soil, it is simply saturated from all the rain this summer. No drought here! He also brought me a nice batch of tomatoes, so I ended up making marinara sauce to use with gnocchi tonight for dinner. And I froze two pints of little red beets. There are no more potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, beets or onions. Still waiting on lima beans as they're flowering again. As long as we don't get frost, they'll continue.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, etc. Molli and I are back here; she's on the cat tree and I'm on the computer.
  • Take Clarence out for a ride this morning
  • Vacuum, swiffer, all that good stuff
  • More leaf-raking (I should probably let it all go until the leaves have finished, but boy, what a mess). One of my fall-blooming azaleas is in bloom. So pretty.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Pam, sounds like an amazing trip!! I am doing a bit better, thanks you for asking. So cute about the girls missing you.💖
artiemom artiemom Queen of bocci!!!

regular stuff

Virtual pain clinic appt this morning. She wrote Rxs' for 2 months so I'll have to go up in December.

Still no helper..been pacing myself doing chores. I found a new delicious drink...Bodyarmor..orange mango flavor with 10% coconut water....sooo delicious. Have good books from the library.the ginger gang eats daily or every other day as well as Daniella.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I am so sorry you still don't have any help. :hugs: That is just so wrong.

Not much going on today. I actually did manage to get everything done yesterday that I wanted to. I really want to make bread, but it's still too warm and humid around here.
We're in for a change this weekend, with low temps in the 40s and maybe even 30s next week. I've really enjoyed having the windows open at night and am going to miss that. We have coyotes across the road from us in the woods and I like hearing them yip and holler; we've been hearing them now every night and they really get the girls' attention! We have owls that talk back and forth in the night. I'm going to miss hearing them. I love open windows at night, not just for the cooler air, but also for the noises from our woods.
  • Molli and I are back here and I'm drinking my coffee late this morning. Working on a grocery list for next week's shopping. I need everything! I want to start getting a few things for the holidays, too.
  • I'm going to hit the WeShed this afternoon to vacuum, check the plants, etc. I did sweep out there yesterday and, while I was sitting on the deck with my Smirnoff, a gust of wind came by and...leaves everywhere. *sigh*
  • Check on any applesauce in the freezers in the basement. We're going for apples tomorrow, so I want to see how much sauce is left. Rick isn't eating it like he used to when he worked; I may not need to make that much. Which means that I can concentrate on other apple-y things this time around.
  • The Ninja Creami is being delivered today. :woohoo: I was talking to my granddaughter last night, told her it was coming, and she wants me to bring it down this weekend. I told her it doesn't work that way, so she asked her dad to bring her up to us. :lol:They're coming up next month for a couple of days to bake cookies, so I said I'd make sure I had ice cream stuff in the freezer for her to try it out. That girl is a girl after my own heart.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • We went for apples this morning. Stopped at Cracker Barrel for breakfast on the way down. We came home with a couple ounces shy of 80 pounds of about 14 different apples. That also includes 40 Grannies and some Mutsus for me to munch on; I love Grannies and Mutsus are a close second. Since we have some applesauce in the freezer yet from last year, I'm going to concentrate on pies and on apple dumplings tomorrow. My sister will want dumplings and our neighbors are anxiously awaiting their pie. We'll take some dumplings down to the kids on Sunday when we go. And the rest will go into the freezer for later on.
  • And then the headache hit. Not bad, but when we got home, I went to bed for an hour or so. It's Ok. The nap definitely helped.
  • Got up and worked outside for a while.
It seems like a Saturday to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.