Status
Not open for further replies.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Drop youngest off at school for ROTC event
Do a load of laundry

Not sure what else because I got all of my Saturday chores done yesterday.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hop you guys are all doing well.

doc upped breakthrough pain med dosage...will take a few days for it to really have a big effect

doing a load of jams and smalls

slowly doing regular stuff

Will be nice today. Can't wait for the 28th...temps in the low 70s daytime. 40s nighttime.. :cheerleader: :yess: :clap:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I had my right hand done in May and I had my left hand done on Monday. I'm starting able to use my hand more normally, but still weight restricted for now.
I’ve had both hands done in the past as well. Its good to get it over with and have comfortable use of both hands. Just don’t try to do too much!

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
get my two military ladies to write to
write to a new pen pal from finland
watch a tv show while i eat some lunch later

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wash and unloaded dishwasher

Used my Crosswave to see about getting some stains out of the rec room carpet

Crosswave worked so well I loaded my bulky steam cleaner into my trunk to take to the dumpster at work

Put stuff in crockpot for tonight's dinner

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I hope you get some relief soon. And I hear you about the cooler weather!

Not much going on around here today. Did a quick vacuum yesterday and a load of laundry while working in the basement.
  • Got up with the girls, did the whole breakfast thing, took Muffin out for her walk. Must scoop.
  • Work in the basement this afternoon. I actually did quite a bit yesterday to get some of my stuff organized.
  • Tie corn stalks together for the WeShed deck.
  • I’ve been watching Harrow in the WeShed. I like it. I think I’m almost finished with season 2.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was just an 'off' day for me. Not planned that way... just happened.

Today:
* up early for Mass
* managed to do 2 loads of laundry---takes a couple of hours, up and own floors to laundry room
* changed sheets, put clean bedspread and shams on bed
* dry Swiffered floors

I still have a few more things to do.. Always something

I bought an inexpensive quilt/with shams for my bed. I do not want to buy anything expensive because Geoffrey started to destroy my good LL Bean Quilt. Currently, I have a very inexpensive thin bedspread on the bed.

Well, the quilt set is so cheaply made! UGH.... Yup... I really dislike it..
I had to cut the tags off, because Geoffrey munches/swallows them!! I also threw the receipt away... dam...
Despite washing it, and keeping it out for a week, Geoffrey still does not care for it. He was really feeling displaced yesterday.

I took it off today; washed the old one, and put that back on,. Geoffrey immediately jumped under the bedspread for a nap..

He knows quality! What a cat!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom We use cheaper bedspreads and quilts on our bed, too. It's not worth it to spend a ton of money, just to have the cats claw the heck out of it. They really claw it and, sometimes, Molli will puke on it, so it gets washed often. I think I paid $40 for our last bedspread. I won't pay a lot of money. Sounds like you're really busy!

They delivered the new lawn tractor this morning. They're out in the front yard talking about it and Rick's on :cloud9: . He's been wanting a new tractor forever. It looks nice, all bright and shiny; it's a John Deere.

It looks like we've seen the last of the 80s for now. We're to be in the 70s all this week with lower humidity. Since I didn't get a lot of spring cleaning done (first, Rick wasn't "in the mood" and second, I boogered my leg. It sounds terrible to say that about Dear Richard and I'm not trying to be a snot. It's just harder to get chores done when he's inside.), so I'd really like to do a good fall cleaning. Hopefully this week, I can get a good start. I'd like to Bona all the floors, do a thorough cleaning in each room, followed by washing down walls and such. Rick will not be amused, but it needs to be done. I need to take a day and work in the WeShed, too. We were going to repaint the deck back in the spring, but that didn't work out. I'd like to get that done before the cold weather hits.
  • Am enjoying my coffee right now. I love my morning coffee. Must change the bedsheets....as soon as I can get Mollipop out of bed, that is. I'll throw them in the washer and then put them back on the bed.
  • Do a quick vacuum about the house, followed by a quick swiffer. A bit of straightening up.
  • Finished my part of the basement yesterday. Everything is in order and looks fairly nice. After Rick does his trip to the dump, I'm going to do a quick sweep, then vacuum down there. And call it good. We'll be ready for Greg to bring the siding. (The whole time I was down there, I was looking at our treadmill. I haven't been on the thing in forever and I really need to change that.)

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous early Fall day. Nice. Long sleeves and leggings.

Today:
* up a bit earlier
* regular morning stuff
* asked receptionist to place a robocall reminding residents of the parking update meeting
* held meeting
* had to just “get out “ and do a couple of errands
* iced coffee, kind bar for lunch

A friend asked if I could look at his computer. Yikes!! Not good at this, but I will try

Got an update from. City Councillor, who has supported us. I guess the mayor signed off on his motion. Meaning that we will get the visitor passes????!!!!

Still not sure about this, but we are still planning on attending meeting.

will contact Councillor about this.

politics!! Not for me!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It was chilly this morning. I'm a wuss and turned the electric blanket on around 3:00.

Rick visited with neighbors last night while working outside. They asked him if he liked ribs. Well, of course, he does! They gave us two gorgeous racks of frozen ribs! They don't like ribs, they don't know how to cook them, and they don't want to deal with them. And I'm always taking baked treats over to them. So they gave them to us. I don't know how they got them, but they're really nice-looking ribs. Guess what we're going for dinner this weekend?! Rick told them that I'd make them on Saturday and invited them over for a picnic dinner. Nope, they don't like ribs.

Not much on the agenda. Rick will be working outside. He went to the pool place for winter chemicals as we'd like to close the pool this weekend.
  • I'm just going to do a bit of straightening up in the kitchen. Wipe down the inside of the fridge.
  • Trash night tonight.
  • Back in 2019, we did a huge buy of Tidy Cats litter from PetSmart on Black Friday. I had to buy litter today for the first time since then, so that lasted us almost two years. Did an order to Chewy for litter and several cases of canned food and a case of treats. A big bag of Friskies kibble. The girls won't starve for a while again.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom How did you do with your neighbor's computer? You're really having a busy time of things.

Rained during the night last night. It's humid today, but there is a bit of breeze. I was going to start cleaning, but Rick has a heckuva headache and I don't want to hassle him with a lot of noise and such. I know what that's like.
  • I'll scoop the boxes after our trash weenie goes
  • Make a list for Friday as I think we're going down to the Green Dragon. We haven't been there at all this summer and there are a few things I'd like to buy if they're there.
  • Check the plants in the WeShed.

Status
Not open for further replies.