Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Nice! I'd love to see your hair!

The guys went to the drags yesterday. I had plans! I was going to do a bit of shopping! I was going out to the WeShed! I had plans! And then my head exploded and I ended up in bed all day. Thankfully that headache only lasted about four days; the worst was yesterday. And so far this morning, I feel fairly well. But I am not happy about yesterday at all. First time in a long, long time that I was on my own and I blew it by being in bed. Sometimes.... :fuming: :fuming:
  • Scooped the boxes and did some general clean-up in the kitchen and bathroom
  • Finish the grocery list for tomorrow's shopping
  • Tonight, I'll separate laundry in the bathroom to wash tomorrow

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Nice! I'd love to see your hair!

The guys went to the drags yesterday. I had plans! I was going to do a bit of shopping! I was going out to the WeShed! I had plans! And then my head exploded and I ended up in bed all day. Thankfully that headache only lasted about four days; the worst was yesterday. And so far this morning, I feel fairly well. But I am not happy about yesterday at all. First time in a long, long time that I was on my own and I blew it by being in bed. Sometimes.... :fuming: :fuming:
  • Scooped the boxes and did some general clean-up in the kitchen and bathroom
  • Finish the grocery list for tomorrow's shopping
  • Tonight, I'll separate laundry in the bathroom to wash tomorrow
Oh sweet Pam,

I am so sorry. Those migraines sound so horrible!!💖💗

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
My turn to get up with the girls. I feel pretty good today....finally.
I finally got out to the WeShed and binged the final season of Lucifer. I'm going to miss that show.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am drinking my coffee.
  • I have the first of three loads of laundry in the washer. Rick will strip the bed when he gets up and I'll put fresh sheets down.
  • Rick's sister is picking up the Kindle for their mom, so I have to put some books on it for her. She is still not allowed visitors; everyone is confined to their rooms.
  • Then we're going to grab a few groceries.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Pretty morning around here, after a rather bad night last night. We had storms throughout the night. Didn't really do much here; the storms skirted around us and we got a wee bit of rain. But after they got south of us, the duck doodoo hit the fan big time. Down in the coal region of PA, there were downed trees, power outages, etc. It got really nasty. This morning, the sun is shining and the sky is blue. Pretty.

• I want to vacuum and dust. Try to talk Rick into making a run down to the recycling center.
  • Rick brought down ten tomatoes from the garden and they're ready to process. That might give me 1/2 cup of paste....maybe. I know he's going up to check on lima beans today at some point. Maybe there'll be a few more tomatoes.
  • A load of kitty linens to launder.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had surgery on my hand yesterday, so I took today off work. I'm going to try and clean some parts of my house today because I have my grad party on Saturday. I'm also taking my dog to the vet because I think she has allergies. I also will hopefully be working on some homework.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 Surgery? I hope you're OK and your hand is healing.

I ripped through the house yesterday. All the vacuuming, plenty of dusting, cleaned the bathroom, cleaned the kitchen, wiped some windows. A busy, busy day. I loved it. Once the weather cools down, I really need to Bona the floors. I'm not doing it while it's this blasted warm and humid, though. No way.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and I'm back here with Molli and my coffee. I'll scoop after the garbage-weenie goes later this morning.
  • Rick has to go for a bone density test, so while he's gone, I'll grab a quick shower. When he gets back, we need to hit Target, Lowes, etc.
  • Check/water the WeShed plants.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was...
Work
Delete photos from my phone / photo saving site
Balance checkbook

Today is...
Work
Wash (inside) back window of car
Do a load of laundry

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 Surgery? I hope you're OK and your hand is healing.

I ripped through the house yesterday. All the vacuuming, plenty of dusting, cleaned the bathroom, cleaned the kitchen, wiped some windows. A busy, busy day. I loved it. Once the weather cools down, I really need to Bona the floors. I'm not doing it while it's this blasted warm and humid, though. No way.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and I'm back here with Molli and my coffee. I'll scoop after the garbage-weenie goes later this morning.
  • Rick has to go for a bone density test, so while he's gone, I'll grab a quick shower. When he gets back, we need to hit Target, Lowes, etc.
  • Check/water the WeShed plants.
Glad you are feeling better Winchester Winchester

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make out grocery pick up order
Work
Petco for overnight snacks for Boone and Gracie
Grocery store to pick up order
Do a load of laundry

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
klunick klunick Thank you! :hugs:
Had some rather nasty t-storms again last night, lots of wind and rain. Some damage from local power outages and downed trees, although not right here, thankfully. About the time the water level starts to drop in the pool, we get more rain. At this rate, we're going to have to dump a ton of water before we can close the pool.

Got the results of Rick's bone scan. While his levels have decreased a bit, he's still fine. He doesn't have to take calcium, but they do want him to start taking Vit D3.

Not much on our agenda for today. We didn't get to the stores yesterday because Rick picked our push mower up from the repair place instead. Came home and trimmed around the yard. I don't know if we'll go today or not. He does have meds that need to be picked up at some point.

There's really not much going on, unless something changes.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
You know, it's starting to be darker in the morning. We take turns getting up at 5:30 to give the girls their breakfast. And I've noticed that it's not even close to dawn anymore. Still really dark.

Our contractor called yesterday. He's behind and asked if it was OK to replace our siding more toward late fall. Sure, that's fine. Then he asked if we had a place in the basement to store the siding. Oy. We're going to work in the basement over the weekend to create room. I love the guy; he's a great contractor and we've always been very happy with his work. He's the one who did the ceiling in the WeShed and built the deck. But he does get behind sometimes. He's really popular and he does great work.
  • My turn to get up with the girls. Gave them breakfast, emptied the dishwasher, and made our coffee. Rick and Mollipop started this "chase the kibble" game in the morning. After he's done with the dishes and they're finished with breakfast, he throws 3 - 4 pieces of kibble on the floor and she chases it and gobbles it down. Well, I couldn't understand why she was always out and about in the kitchen after I finished the dishes. She seemed to be waiting for something. I asked Rick and he told me about the game. So now Molli and I play "chase the kibble," too.
  • A bit of straightening up in the kitchen.
  • We are getting our shopping done. Today. On our list:
    • We need softener salt and a few things at Lowes.
    • Meds and we both need shampoo and conditioner at Target.
    • I'd like to check out the fall stuff at Dollar Tree (I don't think I've ever been in a Dollar Tree). I'm looking for little pumpkins, gourds, acorns, etc. A GF told me that Dollar Tree had stuff like that. Check out Big Lots, for the same thing.
    • And Michael's. (Rick's mom had a neat picture of fresh bread being taken out of the oven. She always had it in her dining room. She didn't want it when she went into the nursing home, so she told me to take it. It needs to be re-framed, so I'd like to take it to Michael's to see what they can do with it.)
    • A late lunch/early dinner at our local Chinese place as I've been really wanting Chinese now for well over a year. I guess I need to make sure they're even open.
    • We're also starting the hunt for a new lawn tractor; our old one bit the dust yesterday and, while Rick does think it can be repaired, it likely will be cost-prohibitive to try to fix the thing. We got it used and have had it for a good ten years, Rick thinks longer.
And that will be our Friday.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Busy day yesterday. Ran our errands. We now own a new lawn tractor; it will be delivered next week. They're going to take our old one. Rick came home yesterday with a John Deere cap, so I knew he bought one. No Chinese yesterday either; Rick really wanted to go out for breakfast and I like breakfast out, so it was OK.

Another kind of humid day and it's warm. Next weekend, our lows are to be in the 40s with highs in the lower 60s. Good. There's a public sale going on out the road from us. Rick hasn't walked up there yet, but I expect he will at some point this afternoon. We can hear them chattering.
  • Rick took a load of stuff to our local dump this morning. He'll have another load ready for Monday morning. We have to get the basement cleared out. I'm going to spend the afternoon in the basement, trying to get my stuff organized...or try to. We were going to do a yard sale this fall, but with Covid, I don't want a lot of people in the yard. We didn't do one last fall for the same reason.
  • I need to get my beef vegetable soup going. Didn't have it on Thursday and we had breakfast out yesterday and didn't want much for dinner.
  • A bit of a vacuum around the house, but nothing major.

Status
Not open for further replies.