Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday, I had my first 10,000 step day since I fractured my tibia back in May. Yay, me! :woohoo:

We're going to Maine! My brother and SIL are going in October and asked us if we wanted to go along. Well, of course! We don't have a cat sitter; our sitter stopped because of Covid. But my sister and BIL said they'd take care of the girls for us. First time in two years that we've gone anywhere over night, and, for me, it's the first time in forever! So yeah, I'm excited.

Not much going on today. Rick brought down a bunch of tomatoes again. He took the fence down around the corn; we had the last of the corn last night with dinner. He's going to tear out the corn stalks and the cucumber plants and pile them.
  • Clarence and I are going out for a spin. I'm going to pull the moonroof back, blare some music and I'll be back when I get back. I already told Rick; he just smiled. He needs gas, too......Clarence, not Rick. :)
  • Scoop the boxes. I already took Muffin for her walk. She likes the cooler weather, I think. She is more vocal again. Still doesn't like that blasted rooster down the road.
  • Do some cleaning in the WeShed. Wash windows, a good vacuuming and dusting. Put some autumn things up.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, I had my first 10,000 step day since I fractured my tibia back in May. Yay, me! :woohoo:

We're going to Maine! My brother and SIL are going in October and asked us if we wanted to go along. Well, of course! We don't have a cat sitter; our sitter stopped because of Covid. But my sister and BIL said they'd take care of the girls for us. First time in two years that we've gone anywhere over night, and, for me, it's the first time in forever! So yeah, I'm excited.

Not much going on today. Rick brought down a bunch of tomatoes again. He took the fence down around the corn; we had the last of the corn last night with dinner. He's going to tear out the corn stalks and the cucumber plants and pile them.
  • Clarence and I are going out for a spin. I'm going to pull the moonroof back, blare some music and I'll be back when I get back. I already told Rick; he just smiled. He needs gas, too......Clarence, not Rick. :)
  • Scoop the boxes. I already took Muffin for her walk. She likes the cooler weather, I think. She is more vocal again. Still doesn't like that blasted rooster down the road.
  • Do some cleaning in the WeShed. Wash windows, a good vacuuming and dusting. Put some autumn things up.
Make a detour along the coast!! Stop by!!! Would love to see you!!!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We’re not driving; my brother is. I know we are stopping in Mystic to hit Sift’s bakery, either on the way up or back. But that’s all I know. I would love to see you and Geoffrey!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
We’re not driving; my brother is. I know we are stopping in Mystic to hit Sift’s bakery, either on the way up or back. But that’s all I know. I would love to see you and Geoffrey!
I am right on the BEACH! the beach is across the street from me!! Tons of kite surfers tonight!

Fried clams next door! Pizza a few doors down!!

Geoffrey would be hiding under the bed! We could play bocce in the courtyard!!
Really good Italian food!!!

Just think about it!!
Is that enticing?

teasing you!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom You don't know how tempting that is! If it was just Rick and me, we stop! Honest!

We did another pint of lima beans yesterday. Rick brought down a nice box of potatoes. It seems the red potatoes did much better than the russets we planted.

Very restless night and I'm tired this morning. I've gotten into this bad routine, where I'm not sleeping at night, so I get up and give the girls their breakfast and do stuff, then I go back to bed because I'm pooped. Sleep until 10:00 or so, then get back up. It's bad and I'm tired of it. But it's a hard cycle to break. I miss the days when I'd get up early in the morning, stay up, and have the whole day ahead of me. I got a lot more done, that's for sure. I really think that, if I'd just get up and stay up, I'd probably sleep better at night. When I was working, a lot of nights, I'd be in bed and pretty much sound asleep between 10 and 11. Now? Well, the last time I looked at the clock this morning, it was going on 4:00! And that's a vicious cycle to be in. I hate it. I like getting up in the mornings and getting my work done.
  • Breakfast for the girls, cleaned up two piles of after-breakfast puke and a hairball, made our coffee, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here.
  • Rick and his sister are shopping this morning for a new lift chair for their mom. He is taking his sister out to lunch. While they're gone, I'm going to change the bed sheets and do some laundry. And grab a quick shower.
  • I started watching Harrow on Hulu (and gave up on Manifest. I got about halfway through Season 2 of Manifest and realized that I really don't care what happens to these people). Harrow is pretty good. Forensic pathologist, a whodunit, etc. Stars Ioan Gruffudd. About halfway through Season 2 of the three seasons.

Last edited:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday...
Work
Drop oldest off at tire place to pick up car
Do a load of laundry
Make out grocery list
Schedule grocery pick up for Thursday

Today...
Cancel said grocery pick up
Remake said grocery pick up :lol:
Work
Pick up groceries
Do a load of laundry

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester ok....sigh, sob, sob..... maybe next time!

yesterday was such a day. Did not start off bad, but went out with a bag!

*Regular morning stuff
*brushed Geoffrey a bit... gave him laxatone
*out to hairdressers and then an iced coffee
*on the way home, I was antsy. Sitting on my butt is not a 'thing' for me. Oh, I can sit, and sit, and watch TV or read, but when you have to sit because of a physical thing... it gets boring fast!

So, on the way home, I stopped at The Christmas Tree Shop. I have not been since Covid.
I need a new inexpensive bedspread. The one I have, is 3 years old, and Geoffrey is destroying it with his claws... males cats!! I refuse to pay much for one.

I saw a full sized complete set on the shelf. As I was walking around, and my heel letting me know it was there, along with my opposite knee and hip.... I saw an employee stocking bedspread sets!! right out of the box!! packaged nicely.. I saw one that I liked. She just put it out..So I grabbed it!!
And it was $10 cheaper!!!
I felt like I scored a deal.. got a few Autumn decorations also.

*Got an email from Chewy re: autodelivdry of G's Wet food. I was going to delay it, but when I tried, I saw it was "out of Stock" ~~~~~AGAIN! dam....
I looked everywhere on the web for it... would wide shortage!! AGAIN!
I am tired of this.. I really am..
I am hoping Chewy set aside my auto delivery order. I need a new script for it.. I need to call them and the Vet today...

*Went downstairs for supper. It was surprisingly good. They are doing a 'buffet take-out" Not what they advertised. They add some different dishes downstairs, and they are much better. The salad bar is great!
They gave me a small sample of a new dish: Zucchini, yellow squash, and potatoes.. it was really good. They also had some tortellini mixed with a chick pea sauce.. kind of like hummus. Very interesting.

I hope they keep this up, because my grocery bill will go down incredibly.. I have also joined the food committee!! I am becoming an activist!

*got a robocall to run all the faucets. They were doing work on either the water heater or the pipes.. Really brown rusty water..
*Went down to compliment the chef on the new dishes.. kept the faucets running while I ran down.
*Returned to find my bathroom was a shower! Yes, flooded!!
NOT from ME! from above!! The ceiling was dripping water!
I immediately shut my water off... Called emergency number. I told them, he sent someone up to the apartment above me. I also aid I needed rags to wipe this up.

Geoffrey's litter box was 1/4 covered in heavy wet litter, and still dripping in. His litter mat was soaked! I had to take all things out of the bathroom, While I put sneakers on, hobbling around..
Geoffrey was hiding...

I had shake the litter rug, out in the corridor, take out my drying rack, dump all the dry litter into a couple trash bags....had to use paper towels to really pick up the wet litter ... and then use Natures Miracle to wipe down the box.
Good thing I had another box of litter in here.
Even got water on the small rug infant of the entrance to the bathroom!

It was a mess... still had a flood in bathroom. I was furious. This happened, not to this extent, one other time. The woman above overflowed her bathtub.
I was so mad, I called her.. she denied any issues... I was nice.. not accusing..

I was exhausted at this point.
Looked out, the maintence guy left!! I called emergency number. Theresa answered, came right up with a mop and bucket.
She picked up all the water, even cleaned the rust in the tub and sink for me, took the heavy bag of litter to the trash room. She is so sweet, kind... She also asked if there was anything else she could do for me... I thanked her.. She said I am her 'friend', so anytime... so sweet.

My day ended with a bang.. I was exhausted..
had to make a heavy V&T after this... now the after math.....

Oh, The paint on the bathroom ceiling is peeling off from the water!!! OMG... what a mess....

I was so wired, I could not sleep..

Got up to G's vomiting!! it just goes on and on and on......

I need to get going... take a shower... and then harass maintenance .....

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The major repair and repaving of our driveway was completed yesterday. Figure we can retrieve both cars from neighbors on Monday. Maybe Sunday evening if the weather remains cool.

Four planter rings I had made from tires - one sidewall completely removed, other sidewall mostly removed, turn inside out - washed from way back in my lower garden in the woods and across the street. I got two of them back to our side of the street yesterday, want Himself to help me with the other two today.

Internet still not working on my PC - I'm reporting to you with his Chromebook. But everything disappears from my guest account when it is turned off, all my pictures are on my PC not the cloud so I cannot share pictures of the damage with you.

Basement also flooded in the storm remnants of Ida. We want to get the floor, floor and wall join sealed. Which means that I need to clear and reorganize and discard some/much/all the "stuff" that has just been down there. Feh. FYI - our insurance company says that while we have hurricane / flood damage coverage this event with 7+ inches of rain in less than 12 hours was not a hurricane, it was the stormy aftermath of a hurricane. So we are not covered. We figured that the driveway, external to house and way, way more expensive to restore was not covered. But it really aggravates us that they are denying coverage for basement issues.

However we are O.K., the cats are fine. So that's good.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I'm so sorry. You had a very rough day and that's putting it mildly. What are they going to do about your ceiling? Maintenance should redo the whole ceiling, IMO, not just paint. I wouldn't think it's safe.

C catapault So you're not covered?! Oh lord, that's horrible. And that's not fair!

I've been dealing with the Headache from Hades again. It was really bad yesterday. I was lying on the couch and, suddenly, the migraine aura hit, followed about 30 minutes later by the pain. And there I was pretty much the rest of the day. Into last night and even this morning. I've got things to do today that I don't want to put off, so will just work on my chores.

Rick was going to hit the drags today, but our son decided he wanted to go along, so they're going on Saturday now. Since he'll be gone all day Saturday, I'm going to get my chores done today, so that I can spend tomorrow watching the sixth season of Lucifer. Don't call me, don't text me, don't email me. Not checking anything! I'll be in the WeShed all day.
  • Our pane of tempered glass came in yesterday, so we'll pick that up. Our winter pool cover also came in, so we need to grab that, too. That's good because we'll be able to close the pool in a couple of weeks.
  • Going to try my luck with making tomato paste today. I've been concentrating mostly on sauce this summer. I use a lot of sauce. This time, the tomato mixture gets put into the oven for hours to bake down into paste.
  • A good vacuuming and swiffer today. After finishing up the tomatoes, I'll do a good cleaning in the kitchen. Again.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I'm so sorry. You had a very rough day and that's putting it mildly. What are they going to do about your ceiling? Maintenance should redo the whole ceiling, IMO, not just paint. I wouldn't think it's safe.

C catapault So you're not covered?! Oh lord, that's horrible. And that's not fair!

I've been dealing with the Headache from Hades again. It was really bad yesterday. I was lying on the couch and, suddenly, the migraine aura hit, followed about 30 minutes later by the pain. And there I was pretty much the rest of the day. Into last night and even this morning. I've got things to do today that I don't want to put off, so will just work on my chores.

Rick was going to hit the drags today, but our son decided he wanted to go along, so they're going on Saturday now. Since he'll be gone all day Saturday, I'm going to get my chores done today, so that I can spend tomorrow watching the sixth season of Lucifer. Don't call me, don't text me, don't email me. Not checking anything! I'll be in the WeShed all day.
  • Our pane of tempered glass came in yesterday, so we'll pick that up. Our winter pool cover also came in, so we need to grab that, too. That's good because we'll be able to close the pool in a couple of weeks.
  • Going to try my luck with making tomato paste today. I've been concentrating mostly on sauce this summer. I use a lot of sauce. This time, the tomato mixture gets put into the oven for hours to bake down into paste.
  • A good vacuuming and swiffer today. After finishing up the tomatoes, I'll do a good cleaning in the kitchen. Again.
I hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I am better. Thanks for caring!
It was not a good week. Not at all.. Positive point: The week is at an end and a new one will begin.

Mia6 Mia6 How have you been doing? I have not seen you around for a bit....

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
My tomato paste turned out beautifully! One pan of pureed tomatoes in a 300 degree F oven for two hours. It was nice and thick and smelled wonderful. I covered the container with just a wee bit of olive oil and then threw it in the freezer once it cooled down. Man, did that ever cook down. A quarter sheet full of puree gave me a scant cup of paste. From here on in, when we get tomatoes, I'll continue to make paste until the tomatoes are done.

Rick is going down to the drags today. He'll meet our son and grandson and spend the day there. This is my first day without Dear Richard (and his first day without me) in quite a while. It will be nice to have the house to myself. Although I'm going to be in the WeShed, watching Lucifer. I'm excited!

And that will be my day!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom
Thanks Cindy for your concern. Pain is not from hip, it is a pulled glut max (bum, hee, hee) muscle and
the hip pain is referred pain from glut max. Spoke with nurse on Thursday. She told me heat on bum, rest, rest
avoid the walking up and down the steps often as I thought it would help...wrong. She sent me some stretches to do.
She is coming on Tuesday. A massage would be helpful as well. I also have the entrapped ulnar nerve that affects
my hand, arm and wrist. When I last saw elbow surgeon he said I was on my way to CTS, so I'm not online as often.
Go ACTIVIST CINDY!!! Sorry about your troubles

Winchester Winchester
Sorry about the headache. Enjoy your day in WeShed!!

I am now a blonde with highlights!! First time in 20 years. Nicole treated me and she and stylist said I looked 20 years younger,
not true but a lot. Hadn't had hair cut or colored since August 2000, hee, hee. No more straw hair, ha!!! It perked me up.

Washing some shirts

Wash dishes

Litter boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.