Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Under a flash flood watch. Still have us in the 3 to 6 inch rain range, although we're pretty much on the lower side of that. We're staying home and I'll be on the couch with a couple of good books and a few cats. It's a good day for reading. Those of you who have to travel today, be careful! Might be a good idea to stay home, klunick klunick .

Rick's mom's nursing is, ONCE AGAIN, closed. Yet another un-vaccinated employee tested positive for Covid. We're back to window visits with a telephone only. I'm so angry at the stupidity I could spit.

I met my new furry niece and nephew last night. My sister and BIL found Wyatt, a little orange boy, about 50 feet up in a tree. They asked the fire dept to bring the bucket and get him down, but the dept refused. They contacted a tree service and they did come out; they had to pay for the service, of course. Got him down, took him to the vet and he's no worse for wear. He's about 4 months old give or take. I'd take him in a heartbeat, but when I went to visit last night, Rick warned me before I left that I'd better be coming home alone. One of my sister's neighbors found Sophia, a little white girl with brown spots, in her back yard. Called my sister, she went over and brought Sophia home. She's only about five weeks old and the neighbor had no idea where her mama was or any siblings. She has a vet appt on Oct 8, the earliest they could get her in. Sophia and Wyatt are staying in their enclosed back porch in separate cages. It was hard to leave without stealing Wyatt. They now have nine cats, all indoors. And did I mention that Wyatt is simply gorgeous?!

I came home last night, washed up very well, and changed my clothes because I did handle the kittens. And still, Molli knew. She gave me a sniff, her eyes got big, and she turned around and walked away. She didn't sleep with me last night either, for the first time in a very long time. She was angry. This morning, all is forgiven though. After all, I'm the feeder person! She's on my lap as I type. Another reason to keep to the cats we have now. I learned my lesson after bringing Muffin into the house.
  • I've been up since 3:30. Amber has been a real PITB this morning. The caterwauling is ridiculous. She got the other girls up, so I gave up and got out of bed. They've all had breakfast, I'm on my second cup of coffee (it might be a multi-cup day!), and I just took a load of laundry out of the washer and threw it in the dryer. (I changed bed sheets yesterday, but didn't launder anything, so am working on a bit of laundry now.)
  • Chili is in the crock pot
  • I want to organize a couple bathroom cabinets and drawers this afternoon. There has to be a better way.
  • There just might be a nap in the next few hours. Two cups of coffee and I'm still :yawn:
I'm at work but I'm considering bugging out early today so I won't be on the road during the worst of it.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work
Make out grocery list
Do a load of laundry
Collect trash and take it to curb
Stop at store for quick pick up

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Beautiful sunny day. We had almost 7 inches of rain yesterday, according to our local news. Wow. The roads in town were closed and schools let out early.

The nursing home has decided to confine residents to their rooms, so now even window visits are not allowed. We were going to window-visit today. Now, that’s even off limits. We are trying to figure out what to do for her 100th birthday in October. At this rate, we may not be able to do anything and that’s a damn shame.
  • Had my coffee and chatted with Rick for a while. Talked to my SIL for a while.
  • Trying to talk myself into starting those blasted tomatoes. *sigh*
  • Put the WeShed deck back in order.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work
Grocery store
Clean litter boxes
Pick up dinner

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We added another 3 quarts of tomato sauce and 3 pints of lime beans to the freezer yesterday.

Amber started yelling at 3:30. At 4:30, Molli and Muffin went at it. At 4:45, Molli threw up a hairball. Under the bed. Got up, cleaned up said hairball, and decided the heck with it, and stayed up.
  • Gave my brats their breakfast, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. My not-so-angelic Mollipop is curled up in the cat tree back here, napping away.
  • I am going to spend the day cleaning. I think Rick will be mowing the lawn, so it's a good day to throw some music on and run through the house. It's cool with little humidity; this morning is even a bit chilly. Nothing from the garden needs to be done. Cleaning. I'm in the mood to clean.
  • Get the WeShed ready for tonight. I'm sleeping out there. Awakening at 3 or 4:00 in the morning is getting old again.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Strip and remake beds
Clean bathrooms
Do some laundry
Dust bedroom
Pick up dinner

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester So sorry about the nursing home.

regular stuff

going to do a load of throws

There has been a glitch in the hiring of my new helper so I have to wait on that to be resolved. Nice day today with temps in the 70s and low humidity and sunny. I'm having Chinese food.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Mia6 Mia6 I am sorry to hear about the glitch....

Yesterday:
*Regular morning stuff
*decided to go to TJ's
* While putting groceries away, I opened the refrigerator door: BAM, Splash, Crack!! The bar which holds the condiments on the door, partially fell off. Yes, Salad dressing bottle fell to floor, brook!! It just missed my foot. The bottle was 3/4 full!! Italian Salad dressing everywhere, glass also went flying!

Cleaned most of it up... I could not get to what went under the refrigerator.. Used up at least 1/2 roll of paper towels.. also washed the area with a wet Swiffer pad, a couple of times.. Thank Goodness Geoffrey stayed away.. the smell did it to him. Smelt like an Italian sub shop!

A couple hours later: I went to make myself a pot of popcorn.. the old fashioned top of the stove way.
I had everything out, ready... ice in a glass for me to have some flavored water. I do not wear slippers in the house. I walk barefoot, if I can.. as long as toes are warm.

I was standing on the rug in front of the kitchen sink. I turned, took a tiny step, my heel hit something sharp... Yup, I missed a sliver of glass!!
Now it was embedded in my foot!!

Tried to get it out with a pair of alcohol soaked tweezers--nope, tred needle nosed tweezers....nope....
On profile, I could see a tiny bit of it sticking out...

Remembered Urgent Care... I called to see if they were open.. The one from my hospital is not open on Sundays and Holidays. They were open until 5pm, and had an 85 minute wait.

I Got some food ready for Geoffrey, grabbed my vaccination card... a book, water, and a KN95 mask. and ran--limped out... did not put any wait on that area. I walked on my toes.
The sliver was in the area where the sole of the foot joins the heel.. almost on heel.

I did have to wait the 85 minutes, but I was seen.. I was really afraid of Covid... but I had to trust in the vaccinations..

I had an x-ray, suprisingly, it really showed up well.. The tech showed it to me..

The Doctor---who is certified in Emergency care medicine, tried to pull it out. She asked if it was all right to try without xylocaine. I said ok, but it was a no go.. She tried to scoop it out with a needle.. nope.. That is when I kind of flinched and she asked if I wanted the xylocaine.. I said yes, because I knew she would have go deeper in, to dig it out..

She got it! The xylocaine helped so much.
Kept food elevated all night.

While the xylocaine was still effective, I finished up the popcorn and made myself a stiff drink! I deserved it!!

Today, I had a ton planned:
*washing clothes---will have to wait..
*Cleaning air filters... maybe...

The most I can do, I think is my regular morning stuff... and that will take a long time..

Ugh! I am such a klutz!!

But, I keep saying: better me than Geoffrey...
Poor thing, he cannot understand why I am not being around him as much: playing, chasing him, standing while brushing, etc.... poor kitty...

Good thing I am up to date with tetanus shot!

Will have to try washing clothes tomorrow.. hopefully it will not be as sore... ugh

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Completed...
Tonight's dinner in crockpot
Cleaned kitchen
Dusted living room
Two loads of laundry washed. One load dried
Vac mopped downstairs floor where litter boxes were

Left to do...
Vacuum bedrooms and living room
Fold and put away laundry

Tomorrow, all I will have to do is vac mop the kitchen and bathroom floors.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Is your foot OK? No infection or anything?

Not much going on today.
  • The never-ending tomatoes are calling to me, so I'm going to have to do them at some point. I'll probably have enough for another quart or so.
  • Make a honey bun cake for our dessert today.
  • Start working on a grocery list, probably for next week.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester My foot is ok.. It really is.. Could have been a lot worse. I keep saying, it was better to have been me, rather than Geoffrey... Grateful for that.
I am up to date with my tetanus shots. My PCP's practice is right on top of vaccinations.

No infection~~~ fingers crossed. I have to wash it twice a day and apply bacitracin, cover with bandaid, twice a day, for 5 days. Then it goes to once a day with Aquaphor and a bandaid.

It has to heal from the outside in.. the outside is not bleeding.. but if I stand on it, for a while, it tells me it it there...
It looks good from the outside... just like a thick pin prick. But it is throbbing right now...

Today:
* a mini vacuum: just kitchen and bathroom--where the litter box is located. I do not want to step on any litter, when I exit the shower.
*Washed clothes---a PITA... I really hate doing them in here.
Today, there were 3 washers down for leaking!! ugh!!
I am going to talk to my laundry guy. I only use him for towels and sheets. I wonder if he would do a separate load for my withes and darks... The darks do not run. I have was he them enough to take care of that. I use medium temp water on them and my whites and darks. I use hot on the others.
I will pay extra for it.. even if I have to send out a load every week... one week sheets and towels, next week whites and darks...
Between the machines breaking down, me cleaning them to MY specifications before using; and now with Covid back in here: I am not feeling all that safe.
* Ran to RiteAid for more bandaids and bacitracin.
*Dunking for Iced Coffee and an order of bagel bites. I felt as if I deserved it... foot was letting me know it was there.

I did too much today, on my heel. It is throbbing.. But I had a hamper full of laundry. I was planning on doing it yesterday, after Mass... but neither happened...

Tomorrow, I have to vacuum, throw out trash...and possibly put laundry away. I may just live out of the hamper for a few days, and put dirty clothes on the floor... Geoffrey will like that...he can play, lie on them.

Rambling...... sorry....

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Oh Cindy, I am so sorry that happened!! I still think I should've gone to ER when I fell on the deck
and cut mine last November Keep it warm to speed healing and elevated. Is the pain bad? Sounds like your Achilles tendon
was almost affected

klunick klunick What's in the crockpot?

woke up to the smell of poop. I overfilled Cal's litter box again. She does not like this scent. FreshStep,Febreeze, Gain scented.
She doesn't cover all the poop when the box is overfilled as she hates litter between her sweet toes. I love the scent of Gain but
it makes me itch.

Yesterday did a load of jams, shirts, and a load of darks, 3 pair of yoga pants and dark long sleeved t shirts

not sure about toady

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I am ok.. I really am... Thanks for caring!

The area is not as far back as the achilles tendon. It is closer to the instep.
Just babying it....

Today;
*Regular morning stuff--
*put laundry away.
*Grill steak on Foreman Grill

The rest of the day, depends on foot. I have a ton of stuff on my list to do.. but, one thing at a time..

Geoffrey was a madman with his litter, this morning. I woke up to find a chunk of it, kicked out of the litter box, onto the mat and scattered on the floor. I do not know what got into him. Not much poop came out. Perhaps he had a hard time pooping--getting started.... sigh..

This is embedded into the litter mat! I tried using a dustpan with brush, to sweep it up--nope.. It has to be shook out and vacuumed.

that is it for today...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Baby that foot! Chores will get done, maybe not as soon as you want them done, but they'll get done. Be careful! Tabby digs to China in the litter box, esp the one in the computer room. We can actually hear the litter blasting out of the box!
Mia6 Mia6 I have found that the ONLY litter the girls really like is Tidy Cats. We've tried several and have been using TCs now for years. But every once in a while (and we don't know why), I'll walk into the computer room and see poop on the floor. It's Muffin. She just gets this "urge" to poop on the floor, I guess. The boxes are always cleaned, every day, sometimes twice a day. Mom had said Muffin would poop in the bathtub; Mom never knew why either. Not every day, not even every week. Maybe once every six weeks or so. We have no idea what sets her off.

I added another quart of tomato sauce to the freezer stash yesterday. Rick keeps bringing tomatoes to the kitchen and I keep making sauce.
  • On my second load of laundry
  • This house needs a good vacuuming and a swiffer.
  • I got out a bunch of fall and Halloween stuff and set it around. Ordered two pretty fall table runners for in the kitchen; one is for the top of the hutch and the other is for the blank stand. Also ordered a dishwasher magnet cover with pumpkins, sunflowers, etc. I want to put some things in the WeShed, too.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Oh Cindy, I am so sorry that happened!! I still think I should've gone to ER when I fell on the deck
and cut mine last November Keep it warm to speed healing and elevated. Is the pain bad? Sounds like your Achilles tendon
was almost affected

klunick klunick What's in the crockpot?

woke up to the smell of poop. I overfilled Cal's litter box again. She does not like this scent. FreshStep,Febreeze, Gain scented.
She doesn't cover all the poop when the box is overfilled as she hates litter between her sweet toes. I love the scent of Gain but
it makes me itch.

Yesterday did a load of jams, shirts, and a load of darks, 3 pair of yoga pants and dark long sleeved t shirts

not sure about toady
Beef stew

Status
Not open for further replies.