Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
We made a trip to Costco this morning (and were two of the few wearing masks) for some “essentials” that my husband had to have.

I just slid a pan of brownies into the oven and realized that I forgot the chocolate chips. Actually, the recipe doesn’t call for them, but I (usually) add them anyway because I always need more chocolate!

It’s our anniversary so we’re going out to dinner this evening (to a socially distanced place where all of the staff wear masks). Here’s the cover of the card my husband gave me:
View attachment 389764
The inside says, “It’s true, people do start to look alike after awhile!” Aren’t those things great? They could ride around on the cats’ backs! :lol:
How was your dinner? HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!
:clap: :jive::musicnote::dance::woohoo:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I kinda have the same feeling, Cindy. SHe has legal custody of her grandson because her
daughter is a drug addict. When I asked if she worked she said she was on disability for her back. Yet she
carried my laundry baskets with no trouble.Her daugher comes on weekends to see her son, allowed by
the courts but her mother always stops to buy her beer. Personally I don't care what other people do but
I don't want a drunk nor addict for a helper.

Tux ran into the house his morning, then ran back out, so cute. Cal didn't see him because it was raining
and she was upstairs.

Video appt with Pain Management

Get through more laundry., etc

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Tobermory Tobermory Congratulations! :beerchug: Awesome job! And may you enjoy many more years!
Mia6 Mia6 I don't even know what to say about this. I'll be honest; it scares me.

Rick's cousin visited last night. He hadn't been here in a long time (COVID) and called to say he was coming in. He came and they hit the WeShed for a visit. I went out for a few minutes, just to see how he and his family were doing and then I left them. He stayed a couple of hours. The WeShed has become our visiting place.

I didn't get the pickles done yesterday. About the time I was going to head up to the garden for onions, the heavens opened and it just poured. Not doing it. Just not. I put my jars back into the dishwasher and am sanitizing them now. Those cukes will become pickles this morning!

And that's pretty much it. Nothing really going on today. Rick may hit another public sale to look around. He's got the public sale bug.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
get caught up online
write to my soldier ladies ( later)
read more of my book ( trying to get it finished now)

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Scares me a bit as well.I wish I didn't need help but I can't deny that I do. I would like to hire professional
cleaners to com in and make my house sparkle but that would be pricey.I wanted to do that with the most recent stimulus
but other needs got in the way.

Regular stuff

Cal and Tux are an official couple now. Tux said, "I love a woman with something to hold on to." Very handsome guy.

A certain person was supposed to take my rubbish to the bin for me on Friday. They forgot. I had cleaned the frig of leftovers etc.
WHen I got up yesterday morning , my deck was a hot mess of food etc, open trash bags. After my phone appt with Pain Clinic I cleaned it up. I then spoke with the wife of the certain person and she blamed it on me!! I replied "if he had taken it the first time he forgot it we
wouldn't be having this conversation!!" The worst past is skunks sprayed fighting over the food. I would've cleaned it up when I first saw it but it was pouring rain. rant over

going to do a few things to clean up. Four baskets of laundry, washed.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I do not know wha to say.....

Can Nicole help you find someone? What about the agency you had? are they stiill in existence?

Do you have an elder affairs department in you town? There has to be someone around with ideas...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I don't know how old you are, so forgive me....what about your Area Agency on Aging? Maybe that organization could steer you in some kind of direction?

Another woman is supposed to come for walnuts today. She never called, though, so..... Meanwhile I stayed home from a local public sale bc of the woman. At this rate, we're going to be taking walnuts to our local dump again. Rick is at the sale, looking for a few things. The problem is that he's coming home with stuff he didn't know he needed! He started out looking for a used rototiller; now he's looking for a used rototiller and a used lawn tractor. Plus fishing stuff. Last time he came home with a level. Ok, it's a nice level and all that, but I didn't know we needed one. Neither did he, but.....! :lol: (And what can I, the Queen of Kitchen Stuff, say? Absolutely nothing!)

I did get six pints and one quart of bread-and-butter pickles done yesterday. That's it for the cucumbers in the kitchen. However, there are about 20 small cukes coming on. I'm thinking lime pickles next. I do love lime pickles. Wish the tomatoes would start ripening.

So today.....
  • Scoop the boxes
  • Change the bed sheets and wash the dirty ones
  • Vacuum and swiffer about the house
  • Wipe kitchen and bathroom down

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Winchester Winchester I am your age , Pam Cindy, agency is still here, just no available aides.
I am trying to come up with something. I am a client of the Area Dept. on Aging. Only 3 more weeks
till school starts and I will ask other neighbor again if she is interested in being my helper. I will let her
know she must have a drug screening done and the agency will do a background check.

My neighbor did my grocery shopping for me. Her son, who is autistic, began a conversation with me yesterday
and looked me in the eyes!! First time!! They have a baby kitten gray tabby/Maine Coon and she is an angel, and
her name is Angel. She has a beautiful face and is a big show-off. When I go home , Cal was mad at me after she
smelled her on me but forgave me, darling baby.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I hope the woman works out well for you. My nephew is autistic, too, and looking someone in the eyes is an achievement. Angel sounds like a beautiful kitty. I love Maine Coons.

The woman did come for walnuts yesterday; she took two heaping buckets. I ”met” her on a PA Dutch-type board on FB. I really like that board, full of nice people, great recipes, and lots of pictures of wonderful food. Many of them live in PA, but there are many nice people from other states as well.

Got up this morning with a bad headache and ended up back in bed. Molli and I just got back up. Gave everybody a bit of lunch. Had taken Muffin for her walk earlier. Scooped boxes. Still have the headache, but not as bad as it was. Thankfully, I did a lot of cleaning yesterday, so that’s done. I also worked outside in the front flower bed yesterday, That’s the first time since my leg episode. I was going to go out and do some weeding and deadheading in the little beds by the pool, but not today. Not the way I feel.

I had given a peach pie to our neighbors. He just brought the pie plate back and said, “Pam, I hate to ask this, but….could we have a refill?” I said we hoped to get to the farm this week for peaches and, if we did, I’d make sure they had another pie. They are elderly and just the nicest neighbors. She doesn’t bake anymore; it’s just too hard for them to get around. So I try to give them baked goods from time to time. Maybe I’ll do a peach cobbler for them this week.

Hmmm, three things
  • Scooped boxes
  • Will straighten up a bit about the house….nothing major
  • I put chicken thighs in a marinade for the NFG for dinner tonight

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Up bright and early. Still have the headache, but I can deal.

My sister and grand-niece are at gymnastics camp for the week. Since my BIL is home alone, we invited him to come in for dinner tonight. We'll feed him and give him leftovers to take home.
  • I have a hot milk spongecake in the oven as I type. When it's cooled down, I'll frost it with French Silk Frosting. That's one of my BIL's favorite cakes and he doesn't get it very often.
  • Just finished making a bowl of macaroni salad and two pitchers of iced tea. And cleaned the kitchen.
  • Do a quick vacuum and swiffer about the kitchen and living room.
  • Make the bed up in the WeShed for tonight. Amber is now caterwauling pretty much all night. About the time, I fall asleep, she starts in and goes for about 20 minutes. She finally shuts up, but just about the time I can fall asleep again, she starts yelling again. I need a night in the WeShed. Rick can sleep through pretty much anything, but even he was frustrated last night.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Dinner was good last night and we enjoyed our BIL's company. It was a great time. He took a bunch of leftovers home, so he has lunch today. Headache is much better this morning, thank goodness. By the end of the day yesterday, I was in bed with a cold compress.

Muffin has had her walk this morning. She does not like that bunnies are invading "her" yard! Not going well at all! Our bunnies are pretty tame and they don't run much at all. That frustrates her even more.
  • Pickles! Starting the process for lime pickles this morning. They get sliced, pared, and go into the lime mixture for 24 hours.
  • Trash night tonight. Rick is working outside, so I'll shred some papers, clear out the fridge, etc.
  • The kitchen stand is to be delivered this afternoon. I'm excited about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.