Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

miss eveliina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It is kind of rainy here, so I’ll leave the yard work until tomorrow - weather depending.

1). Start meal prepping for my Hubby. He is working out of town and it would be easier and healthier for him to have home cooked meals to take and heat up. He comes home this week for a few days. :loveeyes::loveeyes:

2). Sweep and wash the floors on the main floor and the upstairs.

3). Vacuum the basement carpet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
  • Just got back from grabbing groceries. First time for me in about 2-1/2 months, I think.
  • Must scoop boxes at some point and do a quick vacuum
  • Check on the plants in the WeShed.
ETA: Muffin hasn’t had her walk yet…she’s letting me know!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
today was busy...
*Uo early
*regular morning stuff
*Played Bocce in such HOT, Hot, hot weather without a breeze!! too much for me. I was soaking wet.
*Cooled off and then showered
*Iced coffee at Dunkin and some stuffed bagel bites
*Gas for car
*Florist and then Cemetery
* Ice Cream
*Whole foods for blueberries. I like the organic ones
*hairdresser
*** home!!!

I am exhausted... The heat and the bad air quality did me in. We had the smoke yesterday and most of today, from the Western Fires...

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
some regular stuff

I put a load of clothes in my new washer yesterday morning but they need rewashed because I didn't dry them.
I like the quick cycle as I didn't have that on my old one.

My BIL has been shopping for me. The woman who may be my aide will pick up things but only if she's going and
I have to buy her limearita's? I've heard through the grapevine that she likes to drink. Oh well, as long as she can be a good aide
I dob't care about that as long as she doesn't come in s***-faced. ha!!

Cal and Tux had a short date early this morning.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6

Please be careful with that woman. The fact that she is asking for lime-a-ritas, is a Huge Red Flag.
Yes, they are alcohol beverages. Be careful!

I mean it. And the fact that she will only pick things up for you, IF she is in the store. Not good...
Not a caring individual.. Beware....

not having a good feeling about this..

Sorry.. (((hugs))))

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Oh Mia6 Mia6 :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Busy day today….
  • Tried to put audiobooks on Evelyn’s Kindle, but her library card has expired. This means I had to go into the library and beg, borrow, and plead for them to renew the damn thing. Her nursing home is in a different county and this leads to one hassle after another. I took three books that I was reading off my account and then used my library card to access her Kindle and put three audiobooks on the Kindle in my name. She has three books, I have two. Meanwhile I hit the library to try to get her card active again. It was turning into a big deal, so Rick got a library card and I will use his card for books for her. She was upset that she only has three books to read.
  • Visited with Evelyn this morning and tried to explain the book thing. She got it, but wasn’t amused at only having three books.
  • Hit the library. For the first time since I retired, I took 5 physical books home.
  • Hit the farmers market. Got 1/2 bushel of peaches. Enough for several pies and some peach cobbler. Busy morning tomorrow with peaches. Hoping for three pies anyway. We‘ll see how it all goes. Dear Richard really wants cobbler. Oh, and I found a recipe for a peach iced tea, using a peach syrup from fresh peaches. Yum!

KittyJ

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yay! That great!

1. Pulled up corn stalks for say, about an hour. Fun. Sweated about half to death.
2. Went to town.
3. Made cornbread. Yeah, I'm really just naming things now, but I did make some.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
TMcats TMcats I am glad you found your dog.

Rain here and T-storms. Rick is at a public sale; he’s going to be soaked.
  • I made two peach pies and a pan of peach crumble (actually that’s just something I made up. Sprayed a pan, threw in peach filling and put a streusel topping over the filling….called it crumble. Works.). Now, I have to clean up my mess.
  • And then start on canning bread-and-butter pickles. And then clean the kitchen again.
And then I think that will be it for me today. I know, it’s only two things. But man, cleaning up after me being in the kitchen. That should really count for a third task in itself! I try not to be messy, but well, it happens. And it didn’t help that the peaches I bought were advertised as free-stone, but were not. I was not amused. Peaches are messy anyway and then to not have free-stone peaches made it that much worse. What a mess.

I’ll run out to the farm early Saturday morning for peaches. I do need more and, at the farm, I’ll know they’re free-stone.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
We made a trip to Costco this morning (and were two of the few wearing masks) for some “essentials” that my husband had to have.

I just slid a pan of brownies into the oven and realized that I forgot the chocolate chips. Actually, the recipe doesn’t call for them, but I (usually) add them anyway because I always need more chocolate!

It’s our anniversary so we’re going out to dinner this evening (to a socially distanced place where all of the staff wear masks). Here’s the cover of the card my husband gave me:
2A289E83-55AE-4705-82E5-489D8A382630.jpeg
The inside says, “It’s true, people do start to look alike after awhile!” Aren’t those things great? They could ride around on the cats’ backs! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.