Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks!!
There is absolutely no displacement at the knee. No instability. He said things look good and took me down to one crutch. I can start putting weight on the leg, but I am to be careful. More X-rays and another appt in 3 weeks, at which time, he’ll probably release me. We will talk about me starting walking again. No need for PT.

He asked me if I used the crutches. Yes. Did I cheat? Yes. Did I cheat a lot? Yes. Why lie? He was actually rather happy about it. Why? Because I did cheat and there is no knee displacement. That’s good news. And he said he’s been doing his job long enough to know who the people are who will push it. And I’m a pusher. Which is good in a way.

So things are going well. Thanks for thinking of me!
Yee-Haw!!!💖

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Sitting back here at the computer with my coffee. Muffin is meowing for all she's worth to go outside. Rick is still sacked out on the couch.

It's muggy again and my head feels it. Haven't had a headache in at least 10 days. :sigh: Woke up with one this morning. It's the humidity.
  • Work on grocery list for when the guys come up next week. I need to be prepared. Nobody is going hungry on my watch!
  • Vacuum the WeShed and do a quick swiffer. Water the plants. I'll be careful; I can do it with a crutch, but it will take longer.
  • I want to bake....something. Not sure what. Something.
While I was making dinner last night (just flatbread pizza in the NFG), Dear Richard was sitting at the kitchen table. I was sitting in my chair by the counter. He told me that it's nice having me back in the kitchen. Every once in a while, he starts taking my cooking for granted. And he thanked me for what I do. That made me feel good. He's a good guy. And for the record, I thanked him every single day for taking care of me while I was down.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
It us horribly hot and humid outside!
Th AC is not doing as well as it should.. I am going to have to keep the blinds drawn tomorrow.. and live in a cave! I have the curtains pulled closed...

I did go to the cemetery today.. had a hard time breathing.
Got an iced coffee and a bagel
Got some polices of bakery pizza for supper. I had my cleaning person---ok, only once a month or so.. come in to sparkle clean the bathroom. I clean it the rest of the time. She does such a good job.. and is so inexpensive.
Next time, I will have her scrub and wax my kitchen floor.. She is amazing; doing it on her hands and knees! Old school. She is in such demand in this building. Everyone wants her. She picked and chooses some people. She said she will always come in to help me.. on anything.
The bathroom really does shine, when she is done. It is easier on me, especially in this weather.
I gave her some pizza for supper.

Surprised, that Geoffrey came out to see her, a couple of times. I think he was upset because his litter box was not where it should be. He finally used it, but threw up immediately. I think it was because he was hiding in a hot room. It was all watery... no food... so....

Geoffrey is afraid of me; running away because I am always after him. Today was: pepcid, laxatone, front claws clipped and then Kathy came in to clean.. and the incredibly hot day..
It was all too much for him to handle.

I wish he would come out into the AC rooms.. but no, he is hiding in the hot bedroom...

I need to give him another dose of pepcid.. poor baby..

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I don’t know what to say. I feel so badly for Geoffrey, that he’s going through all this. And I feel badly that you’re having to handle it. And in the humidity, well, that’s making it worse for him. I am sorry.

Hazy, hot and humid, humid, humid. When we can’t even see the mountain across the road, it’s bad. Supposed to get into the 90s today. I can deal with the heat; the humidity is horrid.

Cleaned the house yesterday: vacuumed, swiffered, wiped down bathroom and kitchen, cleaned up in the computer room. By last night, I was tired. After almost 4 weeks of not doing much and then ripping thru the house, well, it was tiring. Did two loads of laundry, scooting down the stairs on my butt. Trying to handle a crutch is a pain, but I am thankful it’s not both crutches!
  • This morning, I am doing my chicken, getting everything into the crock pot for beans, making potato salad, and my chocolate peanut butter dessert. The chicken is normally done in the oven, but it’s going out to the grill today. I have a tray of legs and another of thighs. The guys prefer dark meat.
  • The kids should be here around noon. Have to make the bed up in the WeShed, too. And turn the AC on out there.
  • Need to scoop at some point

Last edited:

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
im hoping that the doctor will get rid of this blister or pimple that is on my back ... its hurting me badly

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Have fun with your family! It will be a wonderful visit!

Geoffrey is just Geoffrey... I must say, that since beginning the Pepcid twice a day, and discontinuing the hairball food with contains chicken; he is doing much better.

Yes, I cannot stand this heat and humidity anymore. I am really tired of it. Geoffrey seems to spend the days in the hot bedroom, and the evening/nights cuddled with me..
I finally broke down and pulled out the sofa bed for the past couple fo nights. He loves it.
Iw ant this weather to break, for a long time... but we will have showers on Tuesday, with humidity.... gross... Then it will be a bit cooler for a few days, then the heat returns.

I feel like a a hermit, living in a cave... it is horrible..

Yesterday was a weird day:
Up early for Mass
ate junk all day long.... nothing good for me. I kept eating and eating and eating..
I did binge watch Mare of Easttown on HBO. It was a free week of HBO.. What a good series...
With a shocking plot twist... very good.. but I felt guilty after watching the entire series, because I accomplished absolutely nothing... but eat!!

Today---who knows?

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
We made our every-three-weeks trip to Costco this morning. I’d estimate that more than half of the customers weren’t wearing masks. All of the staff members were masked…and so were we. We’ve been vaccinated, but I’m just not comfortable, yet, going maskless in big stores. They were even giving out samples for the first time in more than a year.

I made a batch of caramel. I boiled the sugar just a bit longer than I should have, but fortunately, it wasn’t burned. Still yummy!

I also walked awhile this morning although not very energetically. I caught these small screechers waiting for Mom bird to come back with some tasty bugs. “Feeeed meeee!”
E0DF2BB5-FEBE-4F33-8E73-8D486715D594.jpeg

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We're having a hilarious time with the guys! They wanted to be at their fishing place this morning at 6:00. I looked out the door for light in the WeShed and it's still dark. They're not going to make it; it's 5:57 now. But it's drizzling, so I'm thinking they looked outside, saw the rain, and said, "Nahhhh!" and went back to bed.

Humid again this morning. Blah!
Our son's FIL loves, loves, loves the WeShed. He says we can't ever show it to his wife bc she'll want one. She's been talking about a SheShed ever since she knew we were doing it.
  • Got up with the girls, emptied the dishwasher, made coffee, and am back on the computer....for the first time in a while. Rick was going to get up, but I told him to keep his butt in bed. He said, "Oh, man, thanks!" and that was the last I've heard from him.
  • Need to do the boxes at some point this morning.
  • And other than making dinner today, I'm pretty much done. I plan on spending time with the guys.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom How is dear Geoffrey? The pullout bed sounds like a good idea!
Winchester Winchester Sounds like the We-Shed is a hit!

regular stuff

Kaylee took a job at Taco Bell. They are paying $!4.00 an hour to start. She is keeping me so she will still
be working at the agency but only one client. Jon explained to me that they cannot pay any higher than
what they are Ex.Governor Kasich slashed the Medicaid budget some years ago and that is when things
want south for the home health care.industry.

Going to be only in the high 60s today, nice.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Geoffrey is Geoffrey.. He is doing ok without any chicken. I am also giving him 1/2 pepcid tablet twice a day. I am glad I saved a bag of empty gel caps; from Artie...
He seems to vomit once a weekend, which is much better than 8-9 times a month.

Thank for asking....

Winchester Winchester Enjoy the guys!!! really enjoy the visit.. Do not overdo it!

The pull out sofa bed was used last night also. I had the AC a bit too high-was cold during the night, but too lazy to get up to decrease it.

I may use it again tonight. We are having storms tonight. Cooler weather is expected tomorrow, for a couple of days, and then back to hot and humid! ugh...

It is just starting to rain, westerly wind.

Today:
*up very early for Doctors appointment
*Drove to Boston and back.. SB for green tea lemonade
*Changed clothes into shorts... who cares... thunder thighs!!
*hung out in the courtyard, waiting for my game to be played.
*watched another game, then it was too hot and after 12:30pm. I was getting hungry
*ordered a grilled portobello burger from the grill.
*Ate it outside, in the courtyard, watching the crazies at the last game!
*Got nabbed into watching a talk on Art--in the community room. Not my type of art.
It was on "Ashcan" Art from the early 1900's.... It was something to do...
*on line, having some trail mix.

The portobello burger filled me up... I ordered a Cobb Salad for supper. It can wait till tomorrow.
Just feel like nibbling.. nothing substantial.

Did not get a chance to vacuum today. I was up too early to vacuum. I am considerate of my neighbors. I came in too late, and it was in and out the rest of the day. Too late now.

Geoffrey was mad at me. He was yelling at me, because he wanted his dry food..not the wet food... too bad.. I could not stand him anymore. Geoffrey is getting to be very loud and demanding about his food. I think I created a monster!!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep looking for a part time job
Clean the birdbath
Put a blanket on the bed (it's supposed to get chilly tonight)
I just learned something very cool that may help with your birdbath cleaning. If you add 8-10 pre 1982 pennies to the bottom of your birdbath you won’t grow as much algae and It will be easier to clean.

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just learned something very cool that may help with your birdbath cleaning. If you add 8-10 pre 1982 pennies to the bottom of your birdbath you won’t grow as much algae and It will be easier to clean.
Thanks! I will definitely try that. Add to my list to find the correct pennies.

Status
Not open for further replies.