Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I am going crazy! I was so happy yesterday because I got to sit at the table and slice potatoes for French fries! I’m tired of reading, tired of TV, tired of sitting around and doing nothing. Dr appt is this week. Even if the leg is healing (and I’m really hoping it is), I’m sure the crutches and I will be friends for another 3 or 4 weeks. At least.
MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 That’s a nice room for your basement. Did you paint your door? You have chosen interesting colors; that’s going to look great. Please post a picture when you’re finished.

Rick is outside with Bill, one of our neighbors. They’re digging up clumps of white iris for Bill to plant in his flower bed. He might be taking some catmint, too, I’m not sure. We share all kinds of perennials. With my sister, too. Our day lilies started blooming! I love their orange color. The lilies by the pool are blooming, but the ones at the WeShed are not. I think they don’t get enough sun.

My barstool is out for delivery! I’m thinking around 4:30 or so; that’s about the time our UPS guy usually gets to us. Nice guy. He found Rick’s mom that time she fell in the garage and couldn’t get back up. He heard her yelling when he dropped a package off at her neighbor. Everytime he stops here, he always asks about Evelyn.

Miss Muffin is screaming bloody murder for her walk. Rick will take her when he comes back in the house.

There’s a fly in the house. Oh boy! And Molli and Muffin have both noticed! What’s that saying, ”The enemy of my enemy is my friend”? The two girls are banding together to kill the fly. They’re hilarious. Oh, never mind. Rick just opened the front door. “Dad? Dad! Walk! WALK!” And off they go. Molli is now hunting the fly by herself.

And that’s it from here!

Last edited:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's see . . . yesterday Himself made a wooden filler strip to cover the gap between washer and dryer in my quite small laundry room. Routed edge, made it look nice. I primed and painted it yesterday. So this morning all I had to do was put it in place as we headed out

to drive about 30 minutes away to pick up what the Freecycler was calling "copper wind chimes." One look at the picture yesterday, and Himself agreed with me that it is a bell from Arcosanti in Arizona. And now it is mine! Another bell for BelleWood Gardens.

As we turned into the driveway a black vulture flew up from the ground and perched on a low branch. "Aha!" I thought to myself and walked over. Sure enough, the dragon arum, Dracunculus vulgaris, is in perfect bloom. It is fly pollinated and in order to attract them it really stinks, like a decaying corpse.

The vulture is interesting because A) never had vultures investigating it previously, that I'm aware of, and B) neighborhood dogs seem immune to its olfactory lure. Since camera was in the car (I consider it like an American Express card, if you remember the commercials - don't leave home without it) we paused for photo op before continuing up the driveway.

BelleWood in Bloom_2021-06_Dracunculus vulgaris.jpg

As I put the car back into drive gear Himself commented, "I'm really glad you did not plant it near the house."

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
My chair came today! Rick put it together for me and I made dinner tonight. Nothing fancy. I did pork chops with a maple marinade in the Foodi Grill and green beans with Tuscan seasoning. But I made dinner! I can run around the kitchen on the chair and, other than my baking supplies (which are in the top of the pantry closet), pretty much everything is within reach. I may bring my flours, sugars, etc to the countertop for the next few weeks.

Rick said the two best words in the English language are "Dinner's ready!". And he didn't have to make it! (He's calling me Hell on Wheels because he caught me winging around the kitchen.)

Chair.jpg

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Your chair is just like mine but I have handles. and it can only be raised at the bottom. I can just see you spinning around, ha!! Glad you like it

regular stuff

washed my new bath robe. First one won in 8 years. This one has seen better days, I'm going to miss the cheetah print, ha!! I got a 100% cotton terry in light blue size medium because they are unisex but this thing is huge!!

Fed Tux. Neither Connie nor Roberto have been back since the day they were fighting. Tux has been sleeping in the bushes during the day and last night he slept on a deck chair. I think he may be an alpha and no one wans to take him on.

Won't be quite as humid today but tomorrow should be perfect, in the 70s and high 40s-low 50a at night. Prefect
I'll try to do some reading today.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Great for the chai!! It gives you independence! Just be careful about zipping around the floor...It can get slippery! You do not want another accident!!

Yesterday:
* Regular morning stuff
* a bunch of phone calls
* Traffic Commission meeting...
* supper---was so so... a chicken panini on ciabatta roll. Too bready.. blah
* a bunch of cookies~~ Meyer lemon cookies, a couple of Kind bars... ate like a pig
* ran upstairs to a neighbors, a couple of times, computer/bocce stuff... just as I was getting ready for the night.. kind of messed up my routine.
* I was 'told" that I am now helping out, with the Bocce games... UGH.... and when my friend has his shoulder surgery, I will be co-chair of it... YIKES!! I do not know anything about the game!! I only played in in 2019 for the first time!!

Today:
*regular morning stuff
*Trader Joes---out of blueberries and salad stuff
* Bocce meeting
* need to make something for supper..
* I know there will be phone calls in between....
* I need some more printer paper and ink cartridges...

I need to learn how to use Excel in Microsoft and Numbers in Apple..
I never used them before, and I am learning as I go along.. ugh. It is frustrating, when you are doing this for someone else, and they have specific requirements, and it is not your computer, with a different operating system than what you have!!

And I need to find out if those 'thingies' OMG! A Senior Moment !! can't remember the name ---zipdrive?? is compatatabel from my Apple system to Windows. I do not think so. I think I have to download a microsoft version!! ugh... hate computer stuff...
And I use a ton of paper trying things out!!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I didn’t want arms on the chair because I thought they’d get in the way. But Great Minds Think Alike! It works well. I hope the furkids come back soon.

artiemom artiemom I think it’s good for you to get out! And you’ll be fine! Take your time getting the hang of things. I think it’s awesome. (Excel — When I did my college internship, my supervisor was a whiz at Excel. He would go so fast on the computer that I couldn’t keep up with him. His fingers flew. I was always telling him to slow down. He taught me a lot of tips and tricks. Unfortunately, I don’t remember many of them. I had to use Excel for work, too, although most of that was to create “pretty” graphs for presentations.)

Rick picked strawberries this morning. He went back up to cut some broccoli, so we will have fresh broccoli in our salads. At some point, when we get enough, I want to make broccoli salad. I haven’t been up to the garden since I fractured the tibia; it’s a long hike up there on crutches!

This morning, our son said his FIL will be coming along when they visit. Maybe his BIL. They’re all staying in the WeShed. I need to figure out breakfasts and dinners for us while they’re here. I’m thinking of a couple pans of lasagna to throw in the freezer, along with some yeast rolls. Then, just a salad, maybe a pie for dessert. I also thought of tuna and noodles. Don’t laugh; our son loves, loves, loves my tuna and noodles. He makes great fried chicken, but the snot won’t share his recipe. That’s an option. And, if they do catch fish, that works, too. I also thought about grilled pizzas; I can have the crusts ready with toppings and cheeses and they can make their own. I’m going to make bagels and English muffins for breakfasts. I can throw together my breakfast pudding (like a French toast casserole) with sausages and OJ. Fresh fruit, too. And cookies! Plenty of deli meats, cheeses for them to pack lunches for while they’re fishing. We’re going to have a fire in the back yard one night, so we will have mountain pies. I need to bake! Don’t mind me…. I am thinking out loud. I think they’re staying three days. I have options. Nobody will starve.

Anyway, I took butter out of the fridge this morning to soften. Chocolate chip cookies and snickerdoodles this afternoon.

Not much else going on.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom The Bocce game sounds so fun!! Excel is very easy to learn. I haven't used it in years but the store
where I bought my first computer offered classes and I had Office at the time.
Winchester Winchester When are your visitors coming? The meals you are planning sounds so good!!

regular stuff

Connie was here just now!! Tux slept on the deck chair and I gave him some dry food when I had a cuppa at midnight. Went back
to bed and sweet Connie was waiting for me, looking in the window of the slider. darling boy.

Going to be a beautiful day here.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 It’s going to be beautiful here, too. Low humidity, low temp, sunny. Gorgeous. I love reading about your clan. They are good kids.

The kids are coming on the 21st and will stay 3 days. Our son’s FIL will be coming, too. He’s a nice guy, easy to talk to, nice to get along with. They’ll be fishing during the day. It will be nice. He’s bringing an air mattress and will stay with the kids in the WeShed. Granddaughter is not amused. She wants to come with and bake with me. But this is a guy-thing. And, to be honest, with my leg, it’s difficult to get around, even with the chair. I don’t think I could spend days in the kitchen with her right now. I don’t mean to be rude, but not right now. No, I would never tell her that; our son said it’s a fishing trip and that’s that.

Rick just gave the girls their after-breakfast breakfast. He’s throwing a load of laundry in the washer, bringing up my heart-shaped angel food cake pan, and then will take Muffin out for her walk.

After I finish my coffee, I’m going to bake an angel food cake to have with strawberries with dinner tonight. I told Rick we could crumble the snicks that I made yesterday with our berries; he was not amused. Angel food cake it is.

I am slowly working with the girls’ snack time. I can’t get to the floor to feed them bc of my leg. Muffin likes to snack on the kitchen table, so I can reach her. I’m working with Tabby to eat from the cat tree in the kitchen, Molli to eat from a kitchen chair, and Miss Amber to eat from the litter bench. Tabby has the idea and, when I say, “Treat!“ she hops up on the tree. Amber comes running (she’s deaf, but sees the girls heading for the kitchen and figures there’s food involved) and when I head for the litter bench, she hops up there. Molli is the holdout. Oh, she will take the food, one by one, from the kitchen chair, but she won’t get on the chair to eat.

Rick has an errand to run, but I will post about that separately. Basically, we need a new refrigerator and Samsung is a total piece of crap!

And that is our Wednesday!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

dryer is fixed. I think the repair was a rip-off. $189.00 for 15 minutes of his time to install a new heating element. I found it
on Amazon for $39.00!!!He said the vent needs cleaned or it would happen again so I called my landlord and she will do it
on Sunday. I can still use the dryer till she cleans it.

Connie was here chowing down. Haven't seen Tux yet.

Another nice day.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Glad you have a dryer again. That was expensive! Rick cleans our vent out about once a year.

Rick just brought Muffin in from her walk. He’s a good kitty dad. He gave them their after-breakfast breakfast. Muffin waited about 15 minutes, then went down to the front door. “Dad? DAD! Somebody! Time for my walk! Hey! HEY!” He went down the steps, picked her up, and away they went. Came back in, she ran back to the bedroom, Rick opened the bedroom door, she cruised in, hopped on the bed, and that was that. Time for her nap.

Not much going on around here today. I want to make dough for garlic-parm rolls. I can stick the dough in the fridge and then shape and bake tomorrow. Maybe some English muffins. It’s cooler and not as humid….seems a shame to waste such a nice baking day.

Dr appt is tomorrow. I’m really nervous. I go in for x-rays first, then have the actual appt. I have done fairly well with the crutches. Still no pain, not even at night in bed anymore. Nothing. I know that doesn’t mean much.

Dear Richard has threatened to take my phone and IPads away from me next week. He said he’s killing the breaker to the computer room, too, AND hiding my laptop. Why? Because it’s Prime Day! Such a snot he is. I don’t think I even bought anything last year; there wasn’t anything that tripped my trigger. He says he’s not taking any chances. Snot.

We get free HBO and Showtime, starting today and throughout the weekend. We’ll check out movies, see what’s on.

And that’s pretty much it.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Dr appt this morning. Please send good vibes. I'm really worried that it's not healing OK. You know me, why think good things if I can be completely paranoid about it!
  • And while I'm out, I need to get a card from the girls for Rick for KittyDad Day on Sunday.
  • I did make English muffins yesterday (cinnamon raisin) and made the dough for garlic-parm rolls. When I get back from the doctor, I'll portion the dough out and bake the rolls. They're going into the freezer. It's nice being back in the kitchen.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Good luck today at the doctors!! ((hugs))

Yesterday was a 'do nothing day'; after the craziness of the last few week, it was really strange.

I had a Zoom Appointment; but nothing else.
I was lost after the appointment! weird. I was so antsy; yet, I did not want to do any cleaning.. but wanted something...

I decided to go for a walk, in the afternoon. The weather turned out so warm! I was overdressed. Since I had not walked for a while, I was out of shape. It is amazing how fast I can lose the energy which I gained from walking.

Today is another, not so busy day..
*Reg morning stuff
*perhaps the gym, before I shower
* have to do a dump and clean of the litter box
*need to get more printer paper.
*Put a salad together for supper.

nothing else.. so far.... The litter box will do me in... yuck...

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

Will do laundry, Kaylee will help me get out of the tub. I need to soak instead of showering and my knee doesn't cooperate.

Baby Blue, neighbor's dog, came on the deck yesterday dragging his lead. He drank water and I walled him home. My cane
and rolator were in the house so I had to walk him wih no assistance. He seemed to know I was not quick. He is a darling pit bull.
His older brother, Big Blue, had taken off as well but I didn't see him. The sidewalks are crooked and raised. but I did it!! When I got
home, I needed to rest my legs. I was thinking of asking if I could walk him sometimes when I can use my rolator. He is Rebel's
brother as well. April's girls were laughing when they opened the door and saw us, hee, hee

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks!!
There is absolutely no displacement at the knee. No instability. He said things look good and took me down to one crutch. I can start putting weight on the leg, but I am to be careful. More X-rays and another appt in 3 weeks, at which time, he’ll probably release me. We will talk about me starting walking again. No need for PT.

He asked me if I used the crutches. Yes. Did I cheat? Yes. Did I cheat a lot? Yes. Why lie? He was actually rather happy about it. Why? Because I did cheat and there is no knee displacement. That’s good news. And he said he’s been doing his job long enough to know who the people are who will push it. And I’m a pusher. Which is good in a way.

So things are going well. Thanks for thinking of me!

Status
Not open for further replies.