Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1) When the plumber was here to repair the outside hose bibb near the greenhouse (split in copper water line) I asked why the clothes washer was so slow filling on rinse cycle. Not asking for more of his time, just asking what he thought it might be. He said the screen in the cold water line was probably clogged. We've had that happen with the basement slop sink faucet. So I told the plumber that we'd take care of it. Be sure to turn water off, he said.

1A) That was this morning's to do item. Laundry room is tiny. If washer is moved the door cannot open but we can get out through garage. I had Himself check that front door was unlocked so we could get back into the house. Check. It's good.

1B) Move washer. Not easy. And is it filthy back there. Turn water off. Unhook cold water connector both at machine and at water line. No filter screen. Check hot water line at machine. No filter. Mop floor with a towel where water had dribbled out of hose, which also meant years and years worth of dust was wiped up. Put everything back together, to Himself's satisfaction - he felt the hoses should have been better orientated. Straightened to his satisfaction and paired together with tie wraps. Moved clothes washer back in place. Tested, and rinse cycle now fills more rapidly.

Addendum: first load of laundry completed cycle quicker than before.

2) Next item: Unplugged weather station's electrical connection under desk. Waited about a minute, then plugged back in. It now has it's mind back. Took me longer to edge out from under desk, roll over from back to front, get on all fours, and lurch upright.

3) While waiting for Himself to exit laundry room / exit garage / enter house / go to basement for tie wraps, then reverse direction I moved 17 pots of columbines out of garage where they had been recuperating after being hastily ripped from display bed between front walk and garage on Monday, then potted up.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Picked up a prescription. Waited in line.

Went to buy gas. Waited in line.

Came home intending to sit on the sofa and read. I wasn’t willing to wait in line for that so I’m sitting in the rocker. :lol:
6283DC1C-6A8E-4808-BED8-5AE6AA74D4A3.jpeg
Oooo. Big crash of thunder. Cats are not happy.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my grocery list done yesterday so I may just hit the store today instead of tomorrow.

Need to redo my zone cleaning list now that I am more inspired to tackle "forgotten" tasks like regular ceiling fan cleaning. Maybe if stuff like that is on a list, I will do it more often. 😆

Exchange work shirts for new ones.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Picked up a prescription. Waited in line.

Went to buy gas. Waited in line.

Came home intending to sit on the sofa and read. I wasn’t willing to wait in line for that so I’m sitting in the rocker. :lol:
View attachment 383799
Oooo. Big crash of thunder. Cats are not happy.
They are adorable!!!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Thanks, Cindy. I didn't want to get overly optimistic so it wasn't a huge disappointment that it wasn't effective.
I am sorry you are having this issue with Geoffrey, poor baby. He likes his safe areas.You are amazing mom.
Winchester Winchester How's your knee?

regular stuff

rewashed clothes that I washed yesterday as Kaylee called off and my dryer is not working. I love the scent of clothes dried outdoors but I don't like to take the chance of the S word or anything like that being on my clothes. If I dry somehing outdoors I will put it in the dryer for a few mins just in case.

Tux and Connie were getting ready to go at it again yesterday. This time I had to separate them with the broom, not just tap them

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, I unsuccessfully attempted to do a bunch of errands... not a good day to do so, a bunch of errors all around. It was so hot and humid. Everyone said it was not as bad as the day before, but... It really got to me. I ended up feeling so washed out, and SOB.. Pulled out the sofa bed, and just stayed there all night, directly in front of the AC...

Today, I do not know what is up.. I should go out.. but i think, now that the weather has broken--much cooler,----windows are open, I will just veg.. until I feel claustrophobic.

M mia , I am sorry about the block.. And thank you for your compliment..
Geoffrey is Geoffrey. I am feeding him the last case of R old formula rabbit food.. He loves it! Hates the new formula! I am so mad at RC for changing its formula... seriously...

nothing scheduled for today, except regular stuff.. breathing in fresh air!! with a bit of a breeze!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Tobermory Tobermory I loved seeing your kids on the couch. Such sweeties!
Mia6 Mia6 Even the best of friends have issues sometimes. Keep the broom handy!
artiemom artiemom I don’t know what to say. I feel so badly for you. I feel so badly for Geoffrey. I am so sorry. :hugs: :hugs: Take it easy today.
klunick klunick I hear you about the cleaning tasks!

Still warm, but not hot. Humid, but not as bad. Friday is supposed to be when the weather breaks. And this weekend is to be more seasonal.

I think my knee is about the same. Still only hurts in bed when I’m trying to get comfortable; other than that, there is no pain at all. Go figure. Have had it up to “here” with those damn crutches, but still using them. I did order a stool; it has wheels, a foot rest, and adjustable height for the seat. A back, but no arms, as I figured arms would get in my way. Should be here Tuesday, although I am hoping for sooner. Rick said I should probably wear a helmet, knee and elbows pads. He’s not funny, the snot. I miss being in my kitchen. (Rick already asked me about cookies!) He has been doing well with cooking.

After taking Muffin for her walk this morning and then putting her in the bedroom for her nap, Dear Richard is in the garden picking strawberries. We had strawberry shortcake the other day. I think we will just enjoy these with vanilla ice cream. He’s also doing some watering.

I started reading A Discovery of Witches again. The first time, I couldn’t get into it at all. This time, I am enjoying the trilogy. Am on the second book now. It’s good. Got the ebooks from the library. Must be popular….I was on the list for over 4 months!

Our neighbor is listening to music at decibel level. It’s rock. Steppenwolf. You can’t get much better than that. I can’t say much about the noise level; if I could get around better, I would be doing the same thing.

Nothing much going on.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Thanks for the thinking about Geoffrey.. and me.
I love "A Discovery of Witches"! The Series of three books is called the "All Souls Trilogy".
I have read the first book 3 times! I love the world Debrah Harkness has created.
I really have to re-read the second and then the third books.

If you are not aware of it; the Books have been made into a TV series on AMC, AMC+, Shudder.
I have recorded the first season/book from AMC. The Second Book/Season is scheduled to be broadcast on AMC the end of June.

I saw it when Comcast had a 'free' week of AMC+. It is awesome. I was disappointed that a lot of the book had been left out, but they did a good job with it. The costumes in the second seaside and at the sets are incredible, 15th century London, etc.....
Matthew Goode, is Matthew. Teresa Palmer is Diana.

I have been touting this series, forever! I read the first book when it came out, around 10 years ago! It captured me, during a vacation!

Oh, Gallowglass!! Oh Phillipe! be still my hears... and Matthew..

So glad someone on here, is finally enjoying these books.. It is a delight to be swept away while reading.. The author is a Professor. It is so intriguing how the author leaves little 'Easter Eggs' throughout the books. It requires you to look up different parts of history, which is not normally known .. I loved it... Deborah Harkness is a professor of History, at a university. She kind of slips in historical references and characters. So good...

There is also an additional book, after the series. This book is about 2 characters. I found it so-so.. I loved half of it.

Sorry, I am just so happy that I have someone to discuss this series with!!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

Kaylee dried all the clothes no no more till Monday

Still rainy and humid here but will be nice soon, maybe tomorrow

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom DoW is awesome! I am really enjoying the books. I know it’s a tv series and when I have finished the books, I will stream SundanceNow just long enough to watch the first two seasons. I have heard, though, that the main characters in the show were badly miscasted and aren’t that great. I will see. I just “met” Gallowglass in book two.I think Kit is a moron and have a feeling he is going to be trouble. I love Walter though. Sir Walter Raleigh! Imagine that!

Blessed rain overnight and early this morning. Thankfully. It is much cooler today, but still a bit on the humid side.

Rick’s mom called this morning. She hasn’t gotten any goodies from me in a while. Rick had already told her what happened. She said she thought I would figure something out by now to bake. Rick told her about the barstool; she thought that was a good idea. She wondered if I was driving yet. Uhhh, no. I probably could drive the Tucson, but no way can I take Clarence.

I’m on the couch with my iPad with Mollipop on my lap. I need to hit the computer for the Giant sales and coupons to continue my grocery list. We seem to be running low on a lot of things this time around. Rick will hit the butcher shop today and the grocery store on Monday.

Not much going on here today.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Well, I can see Matthew Goode as Matthew.. I was a bit disappointed, when they cast him, but... it worked..

Teresa Palmer as Diana, --again, ok... not what I expected...
Baldwin, disappointed
Gallowglass, was disappointed with the casting, but I grew to love him...Just wish he had a larger part in the storyline...
Marcus, a disappointment in casting, but as you meet him, you know it is Marcus...

Ysabeau was a disappointment.... as was Marthe... and Phillipe...

I was expecting more from the first season of DOW... I really was.. The second season was much much better. They really cut a lot from the book..

Yes, Kit is an a@@! Walter Raleigh!! OMG Swoon!!

I do not know how they will project the 3rd book... The Book of Life.. it will be interesting.

Then there is the 4th book. It is not part of the Trilogy, but takes on 2 characters. Tells the life of one, and the advancement of another.

Deborah Harkness is working on a 4th and 5th book... not to be published until next year. I love the way she writes. She is so gifted. The characters come alive.. They really do...
And she is a history professor, also interested in some alchemy.
I love the way she places history and historical people into her books. I had to do a lot of research while I was reading them. I really enjoyed doing so...

There is a FB group which does periodic read alongs.. The All Souls Trilogy.. a very large group, worldwide.
~~~~
Sorry about Ricks mom, missing out on your cookies; But she will have to understand.. You just cannot do it... nor can you drive..

The chair will make a big difference~~ just be careful you do not fall trying to get into it.. That is why my dad got a bar stool without wheels..
~~~~~
Today:
*regular morning stuff
*printed some things up
* manned a meeting in building.. I am still an activist!! I can't believe I am doing this
* Blood Test
*SB for Nitro Brewed Iced Coffee
*home.. finishing up on computer
** nothing for supper: going to order a grilled cheeseburger and fries from the Grill, or a grilled portobello sandwich....

Gotta go...

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I am still an activist!! I can't believe I am doing this
ha!!!! ATICA, ATICA, ATICA!! I love that you're' doing this!!
Winchester Winchester How are you feeling? Are you going stir crazy>

regular stuff

fed Tux, Cal didn't want to go out

washed a few smalls that can dry on the deck

read. I have lots of Ebooks downloaded and hard copies as well.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to my cousin's grad party and saw my aunt and cousins for the first time in over a year (because of COVID). I also saw my mom for the first time since Christmas (not because of COVID). I then went to Menards to buy paint so I can paint my basement. I'm getting new carpet soon so I figured it would be the perfect time to paint since I won't have to be too careful. I also painted 2 walls tonight.

I absolutely do not shy away from bold colors. I'll have to do more coats tomorrow and paint the remaining walls in a lighter purple.
IMG_20210612_223320_374.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.