Status
Not open for further replies.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work (only 2 hours 15 minutes to go!)
Stop and fill up the car
Remind husband to take his Trulicity after dinner (I always forget so I have to set an alarm each week)
Watch hockey until bedtime

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took Poppy for a walk today which is shocking since I hate the heat and it was almost 90*F today. 🥵 I also did some work, but I mostly did crossword puzzles because there isn't anything to do right now. Lastly, I've been working on trying to list all 197 countries in the world in under 15 minutes for no particular reason than I just want to say I can do it, and I finally did it today! I started really working on it on Sunday, so five days ain't bad.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Today:
* regualar morning stuff
* medicate Geoffrey's which should be added to regular morning stuff
* Hairdresser
* Iced coffee or tea
* Need to pick up a couple of things at Walgreens.
*Phone calls... business

I should be walking, but it has been so humid, I am getting SOB when I try. We are beginning a heat wave~~ possibly today, but definitely tomorrow. This means the temps will be in the 90's. This is too hot for me. The AC will one 24/7, with fans running non stop. Hate to do that.

Right now I have the windows open, just to clear out the air... I will soon shut them becuase it is getting so humid, at 8:15 AM.

I need to check in to see if I am cleared to use the gym..been hesitant due to Covid.

Yesterday was a bit busy, and frustrating.
*regular stuff
* brushed Geoffrey
* Trash
* mailed bills
* Grocery store along with Dunkin for Iced Coffee
* several business phone calls~ frustrating ones
*regular evening stuff

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Heat wave here, too. We are to be in the 90s, starting this weekend and most of the upcoming week. Thankfully, we have been getting some much-needed rain. It is humid here as well and that is playing havoc with Rick's sinuses.

Rick is going to the store this afternoon. At first, I needed lemons to make a lemon cake for dessert tomorrow as we're going to my sister's for dinner. Rick will be making the cake and he said he'd cheat and use a lemon cake mix. You know that works, so maybe I won't need lemons. It's a lemon cake mix, thawed lemonade, and a can of white whipped frosting. He'll get two cake mixes, so he can add three ounces from the second mix to the first. (I hate mixes!)

Got the plants watered yesterday and then spent the afternoon in the WeShed. The violets were looking a little bedraggled, so I need to go back out to check on them. Everything else looks OK. I finished Lucifer yesterday, so am back to Bones for a while. The sixth season won't drop until sometime at the end of this year. Dang.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having dug out spearmint in a tire ring planter a day or so ago I put four pots of the excess on Freecycle. Three were picked up today by separate individuals, and the last one will go early next week. Saw one woman as she drove up, stepped out to say hello and we ended up chatting for at least half an hour. She was later than originally planned because she has a 16 year old hyperthyroid cat and had to go home and dose him before coming here.

Brief thunderstorm and a spatter of rain in the afternoon. Not very hot but quite humid so we're staying indoors. Himself in the basement cleaning the Stihl and then sharpening the chain for the saw.

Various meals for cats and humans, scoop litter box, and so forth. Quiet day.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Strip and remake beds
Clean bathrooms
Wash sheets and bedding
Watch hockey
Pick up dinner

I debated whether or not to go to the grocery store last night or this morning because I couldn't go after work because of the pouring rain. So glad I went after dinner last night. I hate going to the store on the weekends. Even got the litter boxes changed before the hockey games got too far into playing.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 How are you doing after the injection? Are you finding any improvement with pain?

Winchester Winchester how are you and Rick getting by? Feeling better?

It is just too darn hot outside!
I am going to be a hermit in the AC today...with the blinds closed!

*Up early for Mass
*Showered
* very late morning stuff
* Very lazy day, due to weather. It is in the 90's today...

I have absolutley no ambition to do anything; yet, I am antsy..

Last night I binged 'Emily in Paris"... almost done with the series.. It is cute..
Will finish it today... and probably catch a movie on Netflix, this afternoon...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom How is G doing? Rick is much better, thanks. But we had the window fan on in the bedroom last night and that wasn’t good for his sinuses.
Mia6 Mia6 How are you?
klunick klunick Since we retired, we do not hit any stores on weekends or at night through the week, if we can help it. Too many people.

We are hanging in there. Hot and humid this weekend. He is working in the garden. I am on the couch with my leg propped on pillows. Blah. AC is on in the WeShed and we will go out there this afternoon for a while.

Rick made our lemon cake yesterday. Looked and tasted wonderful. We went to my sister’s for dinner. Cake was literally scarfed down. It was so nice to see and chat with our niece and nephew-in-law and their son. First time in over a year. Wonderful.

My iPad died and I can’t bring it back to life. Battery is completely shot. It turns on with 1% battery, then immediately turns back off, even when plugged in. I got my iPad Air 2 out and am using that. It has Libby, so I can read, too. The iPad is newer than the Air 2. Dang. I don’t know if it would do any good to contact Apple. I did register it, but it is over a year old.

Our son texted. He and our GS are coming up at the end of the month for several days and will stay in the WeShed. They want to do some trout fishing. I told him that I don’t know what my leg status will be after my evaluation period is over. No problem! He said he‘ll cook while he is here. Rick likes that idea. :D If they catch enough trout, that will definitely be dinner one night. He makes good fresh trout.

ETA: Just placed an order to Chewy for the girls.

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
We are hanging in there. Hot and humid this weekend. He is working in the garden. I am on the couch with my leg propped on pillows. Blah. AC is on in the WeShed and we will go out there this afternoon for a while.

Rick made our lemon cake yesterday. Looked and tasted wonderful. We went to my sister’s for dinner. Cake was literally scarfed down. It was so nice to see and chat with our niece and nephew-in-law and their son. First time in over a year. Wonderful.

My iPad died and I can’t bring it back to life. Battery is completely shot. It turns on with 1% battery, then immediately turns back off, even when plugged in. I got my iPad Air 2 out and am using that. It has Libby, so I can read, too. The iPad is newer than the Air 2. Dang. I don’t know if it would do any good to contact Apple. I did register it, but it is over a year old.

Our son texted. He and our GS are coming up at the end of the month for several days and will stay in the WeShed. They want to do some trout fishing. I told him that I don’t know what my leg status will be after my evaluation period is over. No problem! He said he‘ll cook while he is here. Rick likes that idea. :D If they catch enough trout, that will definitely be dinner one night. He makes good fresh trout.
How nice to have that extra and private space for them!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 Our house is small and only 2 bedrooms. The second bedroom is now our office/computer area. We had started to work on doing the basement over, but haven’t gotten far on it at all. The WeShed is perfect for a bit of space. Our GS has been wanting to sleep out there ever since we got it.

Another 3H (hazy, hot, humid) day here. It’s a perfect summer day. Once again, we need rain. The t-storms move around us, but not over us.

Rick is going to replant corn today. The one area of the garden has almost no corn up at all. He’s going to have corn, if it’s the last thing he does! (So he says :))

I have been wanting to work on my second personal cookbook for a while now, but other stuff seems to get in the way. Well, Dear Richard (who I think just wants me out of his hair) suggested that I spend some time on the computer getting things done. It’s a good idea, so I may spend this week editing and adding recipes. I can also clean out the computer while I’m at it. (As long as I stay off FB and other sites, that is.) I have our WeShed laptop tied into our computer (did that when Rick was still doing union stuff before he retired) so we can go back and forth as we need. If it gets too sticky in the house, I’ll hit the shed and work. I can keep my leg propped up.

My iPad is alive again. I took it out to the kitchen, plugged it in and walked away. It eventually did charge back up.

The strawberries are ripening. There’s a nice bowl of berries in the fridge. Rick said he may make my muffins for some shortcake tomorrow morning while it’s still semi-cool. He can cook. He doesn’t enjoy it, but he can cook.

The Chewy order that I placed yesterday is coming in this afternoon.

And that’s any news from here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.