Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I mowed my lawn today with the riding mower I just bought used. It took a lot less time to mow my giant yard with the tractor than with the push mower I've been using. My dad helped me fix it because I replaced the blades by myself a few days ago, but there was something else wrong with it that I couldn't figure out. I also bought a new water heater because mine is leaking really badly. My dad will install it tomorrow. I'll have to replace the basement carpet because it leaked through the walls into the family room. :confused: The third thing I did today, or well, I will do, is to look for data for my capstone project for my degree.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Not going well here. On Saturday Rick complained about not being able to get warm. Last night, he was in bed under the electric blanket on High. Sinus infection and it’s a bad one. He gets up to feed the girls and then goes back to bed.
We have the steaks in the fridge and they will stay there for another time. I couldn’t finangle with a Dutch oven of water and dried beans by myself to make baked beans. Maybe Tuesday or Wednesday will be better for our Memorial Day dinner. We are just enjoying leftover goulash from my sister today.
I am staying off my leg, but it’s swollen and it hurts. Rick and I are a good team between his sinus infection and my leg right now.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Oh, Pam, both of you feeling rough. Maybe apply Witch Hazel to your leg. It's a natural anti-inflammatory, maybe it will give you some relief since you can't take meds. Is Rick taking antibiotics?💖

Regular stuff

Kaylee thought she had the day off yesterday, she didn't and I really let the on call nurse know what I thought. She said there was
nothing in the system saying she had the day off. So I haven't had help since Thursday. The client is supposed to tell the aide or agency if they don't need help on a holiday. Rant over

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Well, that sucks little green worms. I am sorry.

Pity party for one this morning. Rick was up in the night, looking for his neti pot. Couldn’t find it. I got out of bed and tore the bathroom apart. Nope. He took more pills (no antibiotics), fed the cats at 4:00 and went back to bed. Which was enough to set Amber off. At 4:30, I got up, yelled at Amber, who is deaf and couldn’t hear me anyway, made coffee, and tried to go back to sleep on the couch. Rick asked me to look for his neti pot, so I tore the bathroom apart again. No pot. At that point, I didn’t care one way or the other and told Rick to go buy one. And no, I wasn’t driving to WM (only store open at that hour) and looking around for a damn pot….not on crutches. Did not go over well. Sometimes I don’t know how we stay married.

Went back to the couch and Mollipop hopped up on my lap. She’s sound asleep. I’m still angry.

Nothing going on today at all.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Yikes!! a really bad night.. For both of you... ((((Hugs)))
Can you mange going out to the shed for a bit.. sounds as if you need some 'me' time.
I do know it feels to have a broken bone, and to have a sinus infection.

Both ar things I would not wish on anyone. Is Rick calling the Doctor today? He needs antibiotics to clear up the infection.

M mia .. that really stinks about Kaylee... It really does. Good for you for 'calling' her out. I had to do that a few times with on of my Dads aides.

Seems like it is a bad day all around...

Woke up this morning to more vomit... ugh
I was ok, until I found vomit in my sandal... Gross... I lost it then.. poor Geoffrey, cannot help it...but.. in my sandal!!! Gross.....

Yesterday, I wanted to wash some delicates... nope... favorite 2 washing machines were taken. A grandmother with her 2 grandsons.. Out of control... screening, one in the general use wire basket, on wheels.. Yes, Inside the basket... He was outside the laundry room, screaming with his brother...

The Grandmother was oblivious!!! She was more concerned with her laundry.. OMG>..
Some people!
All I did was ask if she was using both machines.. She said YES... so I said ok.. and walked away. It was at this point she came back to reality, and yelled at the kids... OMG...

So, Laundry today....

I did a fair amount yesterday:
Mass
regular morning stuff
few phone calls
texting
Dusted furniture
Made supper on Foremans Grill: marinated turkey tenderloin; made some mashed potatoes, & corn
Washed dishes
Relaxed

Today:
Who knows...

gotta go

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work (leaving at noon instead of 1330hrs)
Stop by Kohl's to return the Ninja Foodie grill I impulsively bought and then regretted
Maybe start a load of laundry since I didn't do any since Saturday.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
) Two loads of laundry

2) Potted on the two Canna ehemannii (into larger pots from what they were in), also Mirabilis 'Limelight' (chartreuse leaves, fuchsia flowers when they are larger.) Potted several sprouted tubers of Canna 'Tropicana' into large ornamental pot and wheeled down driveway to display area on a pallet, then watered well - so helpful that those two water barrels are now filled!

3) Plumber came and now the third hose bibb, the one at the side of the house by the greenhouse, is in operation. Of course after the deluge on Friday / Saturday / Sunday it's not needed right at the moment. But it will be.

4) And the usual - fed cats, fed humans, scooped litter box, etc, etc, etc

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Dear Richard is finally at the doctor. He started to feel better yesterday, only to have the pain come raging back overnight. Called the doctor and they took him right away.

Before he left, he said, “Don’t do anything stupid! Don’t try to do the laundry! Don’t make the bed! Hit the couch and stay there!” And then he took my car keys! :sigh: What can I say….the man knows me well.

ETA: He is home. One shot (pain killer and a steroid) in each arm and a script for antibiotics. He is in bed.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Richard is finally at the doctor. He started to feel better yesterday, only to have the pain come raging back overnight. Called the doctor and they took him right away.

Before he left, he said, “Don’t do anything stupid! Don’t try to do the laundry! Don’t make the bed! Hit the couch and stay there!” And then he took my car keys! :sigh: What can I say….the man knows me well.

ETA: He is home. One shot (pain killer and a steroid) in each arm and a script for antibiotics. He is in bed.
Oh NO... Rick must really be feeling bad.. So glad he went to the doctors..
I agree with him.. You still need to rest...

I suggest: order pizza for supper... I hope you are not standing on your feet?
Crutches are so hard to use. I had them about 30 years ago. I failed them miserably. I was flailing around, I looked like a 'Flapping Chicken!!""

Both of you need to take this time to be good to youselves. The kitties will understand ... except for the 'walks' ! but they will get used to it... for a while.. it is not forever.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Planted more cannas in outdoors - Canna flaccida 'Purpurea' - in rings made from tires. Not the tire planters on rims (which I have also made) these are just the tread part but turned inside out. One ring to each side of one set of the stairs on the deck. Tall slender dark purple leaved cannas should look well.

That required digging spearmint out of one ring and shifting to a different one. Of course that meant I have more, extra, spearmint so I potted up four pieces. Offered one to a friend and if they don't take it then I'll have four pots to offer on Freecycle. Mint for fruit salads, iced tea, hey, mint juleps are another option.

Himself was cutting more ash to stove length this morning. Now dealing with the very large diameter pieces. Last one was difficult to do. So I was helping, wedging a pry bar under, leveraging up, wedging a support under to hold it, repeat, repeat, repeat. But finally got the cut completed and he called it quits for the day. After cleaning up sawdust, put chainsaw etc away.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Poor Rick most have a doozy of a sinus infection. I haven't had one in over 20 years but
I remember those beastly headaches. I hope he feels better soon. How is your leg? Still painful and swollen?
C catapault How is Himself feeling?

regular stuff

stand off on the deck this mornng, Connie and Tux both wanted to eat and were growling at each other
I put food in bowls and placed them far apart.All was good.

Pay Day!! Yee-Haw!!!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick still has a lot of pain, but he is doing better. I keep hoping the antibiotics will kick something out. It’s bad when he agrees to see the doctor. His sinuses have finally started to drain.
My leg hurts at night. It is still swollen. I really am trying to stay off of it.

Rick is working on laundry. He says it’s weird. He’s usually the one sitting around while I go about the house, doing this and that. Now it’s the other way around. He changed the bed sheets. We’re going to hit the WeShed so I can check the plants. He will set up the AC out there, too. It will give us a place to go when it gets steamy this weekend.

As for meals, we scrounged on leftovers last night. He is thinking of doing ham on the grill tonight. Neither of us is particularly hungry.

Status
Not open for further replies.