Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG... what a day... so hot, tired, overwhelmed....exhausted...
This is updated from what I wrote this morning, in planning....

* cleaned vomit, furball~~ 2 areas
* Throw out trash--twice..
* Regular morning stuff..
*Texts with a very well loved, close friend.
* wrote top a letters, and coordinating envelope on the computer.. Not fully computer literate..
* dropped off letters at City Hall and the Post Office
*No AC in car.. it was so disgustingly hot... I need an immediate shower, as soon as I dorve a bit.. It was horrible.
*Stopped in a local garage.. they rent U-hauls, do mechanical work, and sell gas... Someone had strongly recommended them to me.I usually go to the dealership... but my car is so old, and needs so much work, according to dealership~~~. so I decided to stop in to make an appointee for the AC to be looked at.. and an oil change.. A woman in this building works for them, also...
I hope I made the right decision.. it was expensive but I can imagine what the dealsership would have charged.. It is a 2008 Honda Accord...
I got in at a slow point, lunch time.. They took me right in.. did oil change.. discovered the condenser was not working.. It turned out to be a "relay" .... so.. I ended up waiting 2.5 hours.. but it was all done.....Hooray!! Hopefully, with their help, I can keep my car for another year.. but.. at least keep it running until I deci to buy a new one...
*home for 45 minute..
* Took Geoffrey for his Vet appointment.. That took 2 hours..
* Home
*Shower..
* on internet...
* going to watch Jeopardy... Greys Anatomy, Rebel.... I am done...

Oh, while I was waiting at the mechanic, I walked to a Pizza Hut and got a Personal pan pizza for lunch/supper.. It was after 1pm when I got it..
Still not inside seating.. no place to sit.. so I sat on the curb, and ate all of it...

Ugh.. not on my diet.. but I knew I would not have time for supper...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Thinking of you this morning! Good luck! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

artiemom artiemom Man, you are having some serious issues right now. I hope you can get everything straightened out. How was G's vet appt? It was really muggy around here, too, yesterday. Fortunately, the humidity did drop overnight and it's not nearly as bad today. Rick drove Clarence when he took me to the ortho yesterday bc Clarence needs to be driven once in a while. And I cannot drive him because my clutch leg is my bad leg.

I am not a good patient. I'm already tired of the damn crutches. The last time I was on crutches, I winged my way through six weeks with virtually no trouble at all. This time? Is not going well. Bless Dear Richard's heart. He's walking Muffin and taking care of things....and me.

Had to laugh. He said last night that things were going to change and the girls were not going to be eating ten times a day. They all looked at him and then looked at me! "Mom! What the heck did you do to us?" And sure enough, there was no bed time snackie last night. They all came to the bedroom to tell me about it and they were not amused. But he did give them their after-breakfast breakfast and he and Muffin were outside this morning. He said the neighbors are going to think he's as nutty as his wife.
  • I don't even have three things that I'll be doing! Oh wait.....fighting with crutches. Two more days of taking Prednisone. My friend, Bob said he'll come down on Sunday to hang out with me on the deck or a while. He's going back to the office this coming week for the first time in at least six months. He's had a good run and he has enjoyed working from home. Hemi, his cat, will really miss him being at home.
  • Netflix is dropping the remaining eight episodes of Season 5 of Lucifer today. If I have to crawl down the damn steps, I'm going out to the WeShed to binge.
And honestly, that's it.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go to grocery store
Clean litter boxes
Get items ready to return to Kohls next week
Pick up dinner
Try to stay up until 9pm to watch hockey

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Stay off that leg!! Rick is so good. Is there a carbon copy of him, somewhere? For me??

The Cars AC is fixed.
Geoffrey's Vet appointment did not go so good. The area of interest is unknown. We are just watching it. It could be normal pigmentation on his mouth.
This is a new Vet to us. Because I mentioned all his vomiting; She took a good look at his history.
He also has a ton of 'junk' in his ears. She went back and looked at last years blood test. It showed high basophils. All these signs indicate an Allergy!! and most likely Chicken.. and possible IBD!
I give up... I really do... After Artie, it feels like Deja Vu... Yes, 2 cats in a row... dam...

I am to stop the hair ball dry food---chicken based.. and give him Pepcid.. Now, that sounds familiar.. Where did I hear that before??? Oh, yeah, ARTIE!!!

Starting the roller coaster again... At least this time I have an Internal Medicine Vet .....

They also gave him a good brushing. and did another round of blood tests.. just to check into the vomiting... sigh..
My crystal ball is visualizing an ultrasound in his future... dam

Today:
*up early
* tried to play with Geoffrey, but he did not want to. He is very antsy today.. Crying a lot.. I do not know what is up with him.. I think he wants the hairball food.. sigh
*Regular Morning stuff
*Meeting, in building.
*Out to pick up Pepcid...
*Checked out my supply of gelcap for the bitter tasting Pepcid.. I saved them~ Something told me not to get rid of them, keep a pill gun in supply, and a few syringes... All Artie's leftovers.
*Another cup of coffee at home
***** not sure..
I am so tired.. Yesterday really did me in.. Too hot, tired.. too much drama with another person in here...
And I am head of a group of people in here, who are dealing with parking issues, and the city, Mayor, etc.. Yes, I am the head of it.. Never did this before. Do not know what I am doing.. just going with my gut and heart... Yes, standing up, running meetings, typing letters. We had a Protest Rally last Saturday... I cannot believe I am doing this.. never did.. I am getting a ton of support in here from tenants. They are all telling me I am doing a good job.. lots of compliments..I kind of shock them, as much as I am shocking myself.

There is an ice cream party in here today.. I just do not feel like it... besides, I am lactose intolerant.. I have dairy free ice cream in my own freezer. I feel as if I need coffee more than I need ice cream.

I had to have a long talk with Geoffrey about NOT following in his Uncle Artie's footsteps.

I wonder if orange male cats have a tendency to IBD... if it is hereditary???

I forgot to go to the cemetery when I was out.. Have to do it tomorrow..

Just hanging out the rest of the day.. I have so much mail to sort through.. and junk to shred. and Rent... gotta do it now....

gotta go...

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning when I came downstairs there was
Deer_2021-05_doe outside kitchen door.jpg
a doe just outside the kitchen door.
In the morning I planted the remaining Canna 'Bengal Tiger' (or possibly they are 'Pretoria') in an overgrown planting bed lower down the driveway. Then Himself use a pry bar to lift a damaged pallet so I could slip a paving block under the cracked joist - it has a quite large tub filled with soil and a red spot banana planted in it, on the pallet. Not a one person effort, not at all.

After lunch I went to pick up the lambs wool winter comforter from the dry cleaner. Expensive! but it needed cleaned. Started raining as I left, which is why I gardened first, before shopping.

Then to Shoprite, next door to dry cleaner. Very crowded - it is the Friday of the Memorial Day weekend, after all. As of today people in New Jersey do not need to wear masks indoors if they have been vaccinated. Some were, some were not. I was one of the mask wearing customers - not confident that everyone is up front and honest about vaccinated / not vaccinated. And not allowed to ask - as if I thought it was safe to do so, considering the push back just politely asking someone to wear a mask over their mouth AND their nose.

Stopped off at the farm and feed for a dozen eggs.

Home again, unloaded comforter and groceries, put refrigerator / freezer items away. Walked into my study and saw
Deer_2021-05_doe and fawn.jpg
doe, a couple of yearlings and a very new fawn​

It went jumping around the lawn, kicking up its heels, nursed off mama who licked it very sweetly, then everyone exited, stage left.

And that's been my day so far.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning when I came downstairs there was
View attachment 382310
a doe just outside the kitchen door.
In the morning I planted the remaining Canna 'Bengal Tiger' (or possibly they are 'Pretoria') in an overgrown planting bed lower down the driveway. Then Himself use a pry bar to lift a damaged pallet so I could slip a paving block under the cracked joist - it has a quite large tub filled with soil and a red spot banana planted in it, on the pallet. Not a one person effort, not at all.

After lunch I went to pick up the lambs wool winter comforter from the dry cleaner. Expensive! but it needed cleaned. Started raining as I left, which is why I gardened first, before shopping.

Then to Shoprite, next door to dry cleaner. Very crowded - it is the Friday of the Memorial Day weekend, after all. As of today people in New Jersey do not need to wear masks indoors if they have been vaccinated. Some were, some were not. I was one of the mask wearing customers - not confident that everyone is up front and honest about vaccinated / not vaccinated. And not allowed to ask - as if I thought it was safe to do so, considering the push back just politely asking someone to wear a mask over their mouth AND their nose.

Stopped off at the farm and feed for a dozen eggs.

Home again, unloaded comforter and groceries, put refrigerator / freezer items away. Walked into my study and saw
View attachment 382311
doe, a couple of yearlings and a very new fawn​

It went jumping around the lawn, kicking up its heels, nursed off mama who licked it very sweetly, then everyone exited, stage left.

And that's been my day so far.
You had a great day seeing those lovelies!!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Thinking of you this morning! Good luck! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Thank you, Pam. You would've thought I was having major surgery by the prepping, ha!! Won't know for a few weeks
if it was effective.I'm having what is called rebound pain from the procedure but that will end. I'm glad Rick is being
such a big help.
artiemom artiemom Sorry about G. Did they clean his ears out?

regular stuff

rained all ay yesterday and supposed to today as well

will wash some throws

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today could either a real motivated day or a lazy day. I have 3 days to get stuff done instead of the usual 2 so I might take advantage of that. Or I might decide to get everything done in 1 day and goof off for 2. We'll see.

I have already stripped and remade my bed and have a laundry basket ready to head downstairs into the washer. Just waiting for husband to get up. He sleeps down there.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 (((Hugs))) I hope you get some relief.... glad it was not as bad as you expected...

Winchester Winchester Just rest...

This week end is a full rainstorm, with some breaks int between, record cold weather for this time of year.
I need to get to the Cemetery at some point, dodging the rain..

*Regular morning stuff
*pick up paperwork
* I need to do a walk inside. It has been a couple of days.
* I have to go back to being strict on my restricted diet. I have been cheating too much.. I can feel it in my throat.. lost my voice.. so that most likely means that the EOE is back.. or it could be because of severe allergies..
* I need to take apart my closet, and find the box I have my summer sandals in..

Nothing else for today or the weekend... Except for Mass on Sunday morning..

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I hope they got G's ears bc it's difficult for one person to do it. When Tabby had those mites when we first brought her into the house, it took Rick and me both to clean ears and she was just a wee kitten. She had one of the worst cases of ear mites our vet has ever seen. Took months to get them clean! Then she ended up with an infection bc her ears were always so moist because of all the cleaning. It's a wonder she can even hear. Try to take some time out for you today....you deserve it.
I hear you about the diet thing. I have regressed and it's not pretty. This last year, well, a lot of baking....and eating. I've sworn to myself that, once this leg thing is over, I'm going back to walking outside and really watching what I eat. We can do it, I know we can!
Mia6 Mia6 I'm hoping the nerve block "took" and you'll be OK. Thinking of you!

No Lucifer yesterday. The heavens opened and there was no way I was going out to the WeShed on crutches in that rain. I could have watched it back in the bedroom, but I really would like to see it in the shed by myself. Maybe today. Although it's still raining. I think it's supposed to stop for a while this afternoon and then start back up. It's chilly around here today, too. We're not to get out of the 50s.

Things are not going well with the girls. Yes, Rick is taking good care of them. But he doesn't take Muffin out as soon as she hollers and she's not amused. She sitting back here with me, meowing her head off. When I feed, I always say, "Are you ready?" and everybody comes running. When Rick says it? They all look at me! :lol: Yesterday, all four cats were milling in the living room with me, watching every move I made. They were ready. Rick stood up and nobody looked at him. "Are you ready?" Nothing. He headed to the kitchen. Nothing. Everybody was watching me. He opened the pantry door. Nothing. It wasn't until he started getting their plates that they moved. They are so attuned to me as their main feeder person.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester That is so sweet about the kitties.. It really is..
Yes, the Vet did a good job cleaning G's ears... I can only do the exterior with a Q-tip.. I have slacked off on that..

Such Cold, rainy weather.. It is schizo.. one day, 90 degrees, the next day in the 50's...
Today it is low 50's windy rain, with wind chill of 42 degrees. Ridiculous!

The diet I am referring to is one for a medical condition I have. I was told by GI doctor that I can eat anything, but take the meds... I have been eating almost all the forbidden stuff, no all, but a lot.. and forgetting to take the meds at night.. I guess it just caught up with me..

Or it could be that I forgot to close the window last night.. It was so cold in my bedroom. I was up at around 2-3am changing PJ's and closing the window.. so it could be that also..

I am going to go back to tea, as a second caffeine choice; for a while.. Maybe off coffee for a bit---slowly tapering..

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ended up being a very productive day...
Stripped and remade 3 beds
Did 6 loads of laundry
Started and unloaded dishwasher
Dusted 3 rooms
Vacuumed first floor
Put away Spring decor
Put up Summer decor
Fixed table runner that was too long
Wiped down countertops
Cleaned 2 bathrooms
Will be heading to pick up dinner shortly

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I am sorry. I misunderstood about your diet. Yeah, get back on track; it will help you to feel better! I’m glad the vet did a good ear cleaning on G.
Mia6 Mia6 How are you doing?

It is chilly again this morning, about 48. Cold for the end of May. Our neighbor got up bright and early. He wanted to get his grass done before the rain started again. We are not complaining about rain. We were bone dry.

Rick and Muffin are outside. She has accepted him as her walker now. Mollipop takes her job as my nurse very seriously. She leaves me for food. That’s it. Other than that, she is either on my lap or on the back of the couch. Last night, Rick and I watched 5 episodes of Bones. She was on my lap the entire time. I’m sitting here on the couch with my coffee and iPad. Molli is right here, too. She is very attuned to me. My baby girl. :redheartpump:

I am going to start keeping a bag with me when I am roaming around. That way, I can put things like an onion, some lettuce, tomatoes, etc. in the bag. Take it all to the kitchen table and at least prepare a salad. Rick can put the salad in the fridge. I can do the same thing with potatoes and such. It lets me do little things and I don’t feel completely useless. I was walking to the kitchen table with a paring knife in my hand around the crutch. Rick saw me. “Dear, that’s an accident waiting to happen!” :)

My sister is bringing a pan of goulash with salad for dinner today. She makes good goulash, better than I can. I am thankful.

For the time being, I hope you all will accept these kinds of posts as things. I cannot really do much, but I am still here.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was a strange day for me.. nothing was accomplished.. absolutely nothing..

Today:
*Up early for Mass
*Medicine for Geoffrey
*Florist for a plant and flag
*Cemetery for above
*made a cup of tea, while reading Church Bulletin and on line
*Have to finish up morning stuff
******* I should do laundry.. I should pick up and dust around here...

It is so cold outside! I had to put on my winter jacket with a flannel shirt! It feels like March! So Windy, drizzling rain at this point. We got 2 inches of rain yesterday.. Expect more today and tomorrow. It was 45 degrees when I woke up! Incredible.

My sneakers, socks, got soaked while I was walking on the grass in the Cemetery.
So many white caps on the ocean.
It is even too much for the 2 kite surfers out there~~ they left!
It is now fully raining.

Geoffrey is hiding from me. He is back to that. All it took was giving him a pepcid pill.. in a gel cap.
And taking his chicken hair ball food away. I hope he somehow gets out of this. He is worrying me. I am feeling the same way I did when I went through all of this with Artie. It is such a bad case of
Deja Vu..... dm...

Status
Not open for further replies.