Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
On Thursday, we did hit the greenhouses we wanted to check out. They're very nice and we'll definitely be going back to one of them. Holley Ross is simply amazing, if you like Fiesta. I bought a yellow 9-inch square baker and two new-to-me placesetting colors. It was such a nice day, so nice to get out for a whole day. We stopped at a local pizzeria in the Poconos for a bit of a late lunch. Good pizza, too.
Yesterday, we spent outside working and weeding. The garden is finished at this point. We've planted everything we wanted, except I didn't get the rest of the lima beans done. There's no room.
The contractor was here yesterday with sample books of various siding and colors. We're going with the Dutch lap style, like the WeShed. We can't figure out a color. Rick wants a medium grey. I'm not really averse to grey, but it seems that that's the color of the decade or something. Everywhere I turn I see grey. We need to make a decision, so he can get us on his list for the fall.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and took Muffin out for her walk. I need to scoop.
  • I'm going to finally make Rick's Milk Pie this morning. His mom said she made it and, as she recalls, I really don't like the stuff.
  • More work outside today.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is such a crazy day... OMG... I feel as if it should be 5pm, and it is only noontime... ugh
Too many text messages, etc...
So far:
*Cleaned Geoffrey Vomit
*Played with Geoffrey
*made bed
* did laundry---back and forth to laundry room.. several times..
*many text messages
* It has been a 2 cup coffee morning... no good for me.. and I am still tired..
Need to:
*finish morning stuff
*take shower..
*clean and dump out Litter Genie
*desperately need a walk..
* I am so tired... allergies are horrible.. my eyes feel stuck.. and I am exhausted, feel tired, but not sleepy...
*need to decide supper...
Do not feel like cooking or making a salad.. I think I may do a take out.. Can't afford it.. but...

The weather was very warm this morning.. but the breeze is coming in off the water, and has cooled down considerably.. and fast...

Winchester Winchester sounds as if you had a couple of really good days..
Yes, I agree, I think grey is overdone.. It has been around for a while.. and will probably diminish soon.. everywhere you go, it is grey..., even my bedroom furniture.. but I like the style but not the available colors... Grey was the best of the worst.. It was either grey or white.. I really dislike White furniture..

I need to get away from all electronics.. I have had enough today... need some time to myself and for Geoffrey...

ugh... getting into a irritated mood... too many nonsense phone calls also...

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Today is Lily and Iris’s 17th birthday, and we started the day off with Iris vomiting four times, Lily peeing outside the litter box on the litter mat, and Iris trying to poop in the box but having it follow her out and drop onto the floor. Happy birthday, girls. :sigh: Let’s hope the rest of the day gets better for us all!

The spouse and I had our usual Saturday cinnamon French toast breakfast after our three-mile walk (and after I cleaned up after the girls). I’m sitting on the sofa with Iris curled up against me and Mocha curled up against Iris. Iris seems to feel okay. It may be that her food was a little too cold. Lily is lying in the sun in her cat tree. I have no idea why she peed outside the box, but I’ll be keeping an eye on her.

I need to make a batch of turkey cat food for the girls and a batch of granola for me today. And scrub the litter mat, of course.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

do some laundry....Kaylee is not coming in Monday so I'm going to do what I can while pacing myself

Connie and Tuxedo cat had a stand-off on the deck just now. I intervened so Tux could get away

Doing a bit of laundry, nothing exciting

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tobermory Tobermory Happy belated Birthday to Iris and to Lily! Seventeen is a good age for a kitty.
artiemom artiemom Please feel better! Try to take some time out for something for you.
Mia6 Mia6 Sounds like Connie and Tux are vying for the Head Deck Kitty!

Rick's milk pie turned out well yesterday. He said it's awesome and has been scarfing. I didn't try it.
Headache this morning; actually, I've had it for two days. I worked with it yesterday, but told Rick I'm not doing much at all today. I got the cannas planted yesterday and also fed and watered the hydrangeas and the azaleas last night.
  • Took Muffin out for her walk. It's cooler today, Muffin saw three robins and a bunny in the front yard. She was not amused and yelled at them. She also yelled at some birds in the trees by the WeShed. They yelled back and that really set her off. We came inside and she told Rick all about their audacity at being in "her" yard.
  • Just finished the second of two loads of laundry. I was going to change the sheets, but tomorrow is another day.
  • Need to scoop at some point.
  • Start working on a Trader Joe's list and a Lowes list.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Thanks, I am ok.. Sometimes I get in a mood where electronics get to be too much for me.. especially when I have so many things on my mind to physically do....

I am not surprised that you have a migraine today. The Pollen is horrendous. I have never seen so much pollen on my car. My grey car is now green.... it is ridiculous.. I have the AC running.

As soon as I come in from the outside, I have to wash my face~~ Immediately. and the mask is causing my nose to itch!! Just cannot win...

Today:
*Up early... for Mass~~Yes, back to Church
* texting and emailing with second cup of coffee
*finally managed to finish up morning stuff..
*dumped litter, and washed litter box... took to trash room...
*sat down with a cold glass of flavored water.. still limiting water intake..
*** Should go for a walk.. did not go yesterday..
*leftovers for supper.
****go over notes for a meeting tomorrow... The building is planning a protest rally due to parking meters and residential parking stickers required for this area, and the beach. The people who are waiting for parking spots in the lot are out of luck.. as are any of they family who visit.. So many innuendos and rumors, no one knows what is going on.. so we are protesting that no one took our needs into consideration... I guess my dad was right.. My big mouth is going to get me in trouble!!

Tired now... did not sleep that good. Kept waking up, hearing people and sirens.. weird..

I do not know why, but the beach emptied out of people.. weird, no to see one person walking.. I think it is just a momentary pause..

I need the walk.. need to get my head on straight.. too much on my mind...

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's overcast. Excellent condition for moving plants out of greenhouse to adjust to their summer vacation. So this morning I

1) moved 7 large pots of crinum, amarcrinum, agapanthus outdoors, plus large fuchsia, variegated abutilon, and a large Eucomis pole-evansii.

2) took a break and drove to nearby fire company where I had pre-ordered barbecue - 1/2 rack of ribs and 1/4 chicken. What a good lunch we had! With two cats sashaying around looking for their "tax." Next fire company barbecue won't be until fall, probably Octoberfest.

3) and after our lunch and a beer apiece had been digested Himself cut more firewood to stove length and I moved a large red spot banana down the driveway and planted it in a suitably oversize plastic barrel. The pallet it sits on had a repaired joist - which split. Will need to go down with Himself and a pry bar, lift and wedge a suitable concrete paver underneath. But not today.

4) perhaps move begonias out of greenhouse to start their adaptation to outdoor conditions.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I still have it. Not as bad, but it's still there. I'm ready to claw my eyes out of my head.

A GF stopped in yesterday with 12 baby tomato plants that she didn't want to plant. I took them and planted them along the fence in the garden. They were Roma tomatoes, so I hope they grow. I really want Romas this year.
I found a wee oak tree in the flower bed. Figured I'd give it a shot, so I dug it up and planted it in a planter. Placed it over in the flower bed at the WeShed and it can live there for a while. If it ever does anything, we'll plant it some place in the yard.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher and enjoyed my coffee
  • I changed the bed sheets and put the old sheets in the washer.
  • Making Brownie Cookies. Intensely chocolate and so rich. Yum! I need a chocolate fix.
  • Work outside today. At the top of the driveway, we have an area that gets weedy really quickly, No matter what I plant, the weeds just go crazy. I've cleaned that area, sifted the soil, and still weeds. There are steps there that go up to the gate to get into the pool. Well, Rick is thinking of removing the steps and the gate. And just planting grass in the whole area. We're tired of dealing with it. I think we need another gate into the pool though, so he's going to put a gate up at the eastern end near the WeShed. That way, we can still get into the back of the house, should we buy new appliances and such. We have a gated arbor at the western end of the pool. One opening is not enough. We may start tearing stuff out this afternoon. Can't happen soon enough.
We lead such interesting lives....not!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We both took today as an easy day. Himself didn't do anything with firewood and I did no gardening, just strip and remake the bed, 3 loads of laundry, run and empty dishwasher. And meals - tonight was a shrimp and ham sort of stir fry over rice.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Feeling human today. I hate headaches.
My Brownies cookies turned out well yesterday. They have four ounces of baking chocolate, along with 3 cups of chocolate chips. I used the dark chocolate chips and.....oh my, they're good. I needed a chocolate fix. My sister and BIL stopped in for their cookies last night and they like them, too.

Not much going on today. My headache has become Rick's sinus headache. He's on the couch. I swear we just pass the same headache off between the two of us. We were going to hit Lowes this morning. Tomorrow is another day.
  • Had my coffee and took Miss Muffin out for her walk. (Yesterday, Muffin, Mollipop, and Tabby all had walks in the yard! Molli and Tabby were all big-eyed. Muffin? It's her right and her due. She's too busy checking everything out to be wary. I'd like to get the other two to the point where they enjoy it, too. Molli does like being outside, but she's leery. Tabby came from outside and she's never had the inclination to go back out; she's happy to be a house kitty.)
  • A bit of a vacuum, a bit of a swiffer. I've been wanting to do a deep cleaning in the house, but can't get Dear Richard to get on board with it. And there are some things that I need his help to do.....can't do it by myself anymore. (I used to be able to lug furniture all over the place. Those days are gone. And I hate being dependent on somebody to help me.)
  • Trash night tonight

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
check my mail ( got avon arriving today yay!)
maybe write some letters
catch up online on all my regular websites

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Close to midnight last night, thinking about going to bed when I heard banshee screaming from our two cats. Run to the kitchen and see a big gray and white cat just outside the door. Mr Poe is all fluffed up, growl / screaming, there's tufts of fur all over the kitchen floor. Open heavy door and scream through the screen door at the other cat. Pick up Mr Poe and sit on a stool, smoothing his fur and sweet talking him. Can feel him muttering / grumbling every minute or two.

Put him in my study with the door shut. Give each cat some canned food - Domino in the kitchen, Poe in my study. Set up a litter box in my study. Spray some calming spray, whereupon Poe hide on top of the trundle but under the bed. I'm sitting there, head turned away, trying to coax him out. At 1:00 a.m. Himself comes down and asks when I'm coming to bed. About / right then seemed good enough.

And this morning - Himself let Poe out of the room and you'd never know anything at all had gone amiss. So that's good, nay I'd even say great. Especially considering their first displaced aggression contrempts back in 2014 Two Cats Suddenly Fighting Aggressively

But boy am I tired. So far today I

1) cut down some self-sown saplings and brushed stumps with Roundup
2) moved brush to side of driveway for disposal - to be added to brush pile at back
3) started cutting dead looking wisteria off gazebo

P.S. It's just about 2:00 p.m. Mr Poe and Domino are curled up on the bed in my study. One turned left, other turned right, touching each other and napping peacefully.

Last edited:

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
i just have 2 military letters to write
might work on more of my story ( adding whistle in it)
catch up online a little bit

Status
Not open for further replies.