Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester and Mia6 Mia6 I finally finished my website's entry for my visit to the Kusama: Cosmic Nature at NYBG which was last Wednesday. Here's a link: BelleWood-Gardens - Diary

Let me know what you think if you do look at it.

In addition to finishing the website entry today I
2) mowed the side yard and part of the back. Himself mowed the front.
3) Took two tubs of grass clippings and one of last autumn's dry leaves down to the compost heap and dumped them in.
4) We took the covers off the outdoor bananas which yes indeed have decided it is time to wake up and grow.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
C catapault Pics so beautiful!! Have you been to the Cleveland BG? What kind of cheese is that in the pic?
artiemom artiemom Geoffrey is so handsome!! I think Cal would fall in love with him!!
M maggiedemi Welcome mags!!!💖

regular stuff

make a list for groceries and other stuff for Kaylee

wash pjs and pillow cases in Dreft, throws as well

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Messed up origin, again....
* set alarm for very early.. I shut it off and lied there. Geoffrey came over to get me up.. and he did.. but late..
*Breakfast
*quick play session
* a partial morning stuff
* have to drive a friend to the auto body shop... ugh..
*Back home to finish up in here... may stop at SB for an iced coffee
*write out bills...
nothing else scheduled, but who knows....

Got my ice cream yesterday! during my walk.. I had to.. It was warm but very windy... So good...

I really need to dust the furniture... the amountnof sand the wind brought in, was incredible.. after 5 times wiping eh window sills, desk, and dresser, I gave up... took the cover off the AC unit.. shut dthe windows, and enjoyed cool air.. It was up to 78 degrees in here with the windows closed... ridiculous...

Geoffrey, as expected is afraid of the AC.. ugh..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
C catapault Thanks for uploading your pictures. I will go check them out later on today.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, made Rick's coffee, and went back to bed. Last night, the last time I looked at the clock was around 3:30. Just not sleeping well at all. Amber started yelling a couple times during the night and then wanted breakfast starting around 4. Laid there and listened to her until 5:45 and then decided to just get up. I want to stop sleeping in in the mornings and stop going back to bed when I get up, but it's a vicious cycle. If I stay up in the morning, I'm pretty much a wreck all day. If I go back to bed, then my morning is shot. I think I do my best baking in the morning and I like to get everything done by noon, so I can do other things. Rick told me that we should start sleeping in the WeShed, but I won't go out there regularly without Muffin and, esp Mollipop. I can handle it once in a while, but not for a longer period of time.
  • The contractor is here to give us an estimate on new siding and shutters for the house. Rick wants to go with a dark grey; I'm looking at more of a medium grey. Our house now is a light blue and it's the original siding. We need to figure out what we're going to do. (Actually, I don't really want grey; it seems that all the houses are going with grey and I'm already tired of seeing it. Grey seems to be the color in the last few years.)
  • Out to a late lunch/early dinner after the contractor leaves. May stop at Target and at a local nursery on the way back. Still looking for sweet potato slips for the garden.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
C catapault I love Cabot's cheeses, esp. Vermont Sharp white
Winchester Winchester How was lunch at Red Lobster?
artiemom artiemom What flavor ice cream did you have?

regular stuff

Laundry and Kaylee will put up a curtain in the spare room. She got a new tension rod for it yesterday.

Willie and tuxedo cat, and 2 baby raccoons were here for breakfast Connie was here yesterday and let me tend
to his injured ear. It has begun healing so I removed some scabbing and put A&D ointment on it, sweet boy. He was
limping in his back leg as well so I think he got the worst part of a fight. He was limping in his front right leg a few
weeks ago.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
M mia , I got a plain vanilla soft serve. I have not had any ice cream for over a year and a half! It was good, but I really want to visit my old ice cream shop... it is peaceful, relaxing, with hand made ice cream.. they make their own...

Today;
Raining right now. I had a difficult time falling asleep the past several nights. It took a long time last night. Geoffrey was cuddled right up to me.

Geoffrey started waking me at around 6am, if not before. Too early to get up.. He kept at it, to a point where he was actually throwing things down from my dresser, and both night tables; crying constantly, and walking all over me.. I finally, relented, getting up after 8am.. It was a long morning.

All this, Because HE ATE all his dry FOOD!! and had a full litter box!! I created a monster!!

*Got up to rain~~ and a truck dropping off supplies.. noise, an then with the cat was just too much..
Suprised it was so late in the morning.
*Regular morning stuff---eventually
* Sometime today, I have to take a neighbor to pick up her car, at the shop. I dropped her off yesterday. Unfortunately---she knew I would ask~~ I had to ask if she had a ride to pick it up... she said NO... so I said, just let me know--- I am such a sucker! Do not feel like moving an inch
* I do not know what else.. to do today..
Kind of tired and a bit achy..

We will have a break from the rain, but raw and chilly.. If I do walk today, it will have to be in the building.. The ocean is very choppy... looking at the sea right now.. and foggy

I feel foggy today... It feels like 'cuddle day"...

Sometimes this week I need to get another blood test.. and focus on BP readings.. I have been lax about that.. need to do readings today...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
C catapault Beautiful pictures! I love the sculptures. Dancing Pumpkin looks more like dancing summer squash! :) Thank you for posting them.
artiemom artiemom Mmmmm, I can taste that vanilla ice cream. Yum. Amber starts yelling around 4:00 and we try to feed around 6. Lately, though, it's been more like 5:45. She's a brat. And I don't mean a little meow; I'm talking loud screaming and caterwauling. Rick got up with the girls this morning and said, "That's it, dear. Make the bed up in the Shed. I'm done."
Mia6 Mia6 Lunch was wonderful! Rick's sister and BIL had given us a gift card for our anniversary. I asked the waitress, "Gee, d'ya think it's too soon for a margarita?" She laughed and said, "Which margarita do you want?" It's never too soon for a margarita and it was my first in a long time. You're feeding baby raccoons, too? Awesome! I used to feed our groundhogs.

It's going to be steamy today. Muffin and I were outside and, when the sun came out, you could feel it. Yuck. Way too soon for mid-80s and the humidity!
  • I was going to make breakfast in bed for Rick's birthday today, but he got up with the girls this morning. I was foggy and didn't think. Tomorrow is another day. Muffin and I did go out for our walk. She and Molli are in bed now. It's hard to believe that Rick is 70! He's been getting sympathy texts this morning. :lol:
  • We'll plant more corn this afternoon. We finally found some sweet potato slips and bought three kinds of sweet potatoes. They'll go into the ground, too, this afternoon. If everything grows, we'll have a good garden this year. I'd like some broccoli, but just enough to eat during the summer, not to freeze.
  • The girls' new cat tree is supposed to come this afternoon. I don't know if we'll get it together today. I hope so.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
My great=niece and nephew
1620299809721.png

regular stuff

Kaylee had to take time off because she was exposed to her 16 year-old nephew who has COVID. Jon said
he is following the CDC guidelines and she'll be back on Monday.

Doing a bit of laundry, pacing myself

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Oh, they're adorable!
artiemom artiemom Those pictures of Geoffrey are gorgeous! He's such a handsome boy! I've been wanting to tell you.
M maggiedemi Yes, a bowel movement in the morning is referred to as a constitutional. But it's also a regular walk to maintain health. Instead of a walk, I take about an hour every afternoon, weather permitting, and sit on the deck in my rocking chair. It helps keep me sane, thereby maintaining my mental health. And that's why Rick calls it my constitutional!

Yesterday was Rick's doctor appt. He thought he was going to have the endoscopy, so I drove him to the doctor. He was mistaken, they just wanted to talk to him, get some history, etc. and the endoscopy is Monday at the hospital. He's been having some issues with acid reflux, so we thought we'd better get it checked out. He's been dealing with a bad headache now for two days.
We had a ton of rain and showers the past two days. Today (Thursday) is supposed to be sunny, but cooler. And, of course, it's quite breezy. The ground is saturated. I just mowed the yard on Tuesday and I'll have to do it again Friday or Saturday.
The girls' cat tree did come in on Tuesday. Haven't had time to put it together.
  • One load of laundry in the washer. Took Muffin for a walk. (She didn't get a walk yesterday morning or afternoon. We went out last night to check on the garden, so she did get a walk in.)
  • Hit CVS at Target for meds for Rick's acid reflux problem. Lowes for a water filter for our fridge.
  • While Rick is bowling tonight, I'll hit the WeShed until he gets back home. Still working my way through Bones. Twelve seasons is a lot of seasons. And I don't watch every night.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Couldn't edit my above post....

I brought the girls' old cat tree back here to the computer room, put it up at the double window. So far, the girls seem to approve. Meanwhile Dear Richard is muttering away as he puts the new cat tree together! The instructions don't leave a lot to be desired.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester good luck to Rick with the endoscopy. It is no big deal. I had one and they took 6 biopsies. I need another one also.

Thanks for your comments on Geoffrey!! He is better looking in person, does not photograph well.
711BD56B-BE39-4A75-8576-52945FDBFB16.jpeg
A1CF25FA-7AF6-4558-AFBC-2F8C15038699.jpeg
F31203CD-1379-4112-997A-68B044657EA9.jpeg

Comcast keeps going on and off for internet service. It was ridiculous this morning. Went out, saw the Teutonic the street. Tried to find the guy inside and outside the building. No go. Called them. Automated message: tech is in the building. Service should be restored by 2:57pm. Seriously! What a time.

*up earlier. Hacc do a very hard time falling asleep last night; over an hour. Was about to get up.
* played with very slow internet connection
* got a Phone call. Chatted for a while
*regular morning stuff
*out for a couple errands
*got an iced coffee from SB
*called Comcast
* tried to make an appointment for a tooth crown. I asked what the current price is; actually, I got a verbal quote 2 years ago— before Covid. I asked to speak to business manager. She is on vacation. The secretary quoted me a price which is Double what I had been told. I was really shocked.
I canceled the appointment for next week. I want to know how much it will cost before I get it done. I expected a bit of an increase, but Double!!!!! OMG.

I probably should not have done this, but I have my Hygenist’s cell number. She called me during shut down to see how I was doing. I called her. I just wanted to get the correct numbers. She has not returned call; was probably wrote call her, but I did. I do not care for the new front desk person they have. Second issue with her, second call.

Going to go for walk soon. Need to.

Geoffrey is so Heavy! He is really loving his new Rabbit Food. Wet food. It seems to be the original formula of Royal Canin Prescription, before they messed with it.

The food brand is Freely. It is a fairly new brand—expensive, but he eats it! He is flat out refusing the New RC stuff. Plus it is out of stock, worldwide.

So, if it continues to satisfy him, I am ok.

It seems to be one of those love or hate things.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom He is gorgeous. I don't care if he is a boy and shouldn't be called pretty, he is really pretty. That picture of him showing his belly is simply adorable. I'm glad he is eating ok!
  • Did the breakfast thing for the girls
  • We went to the NH to pick up Evelyn's Kindle. I'll clean it up, re-load it for her. We have a visitation appt next Tuesday afternoon. We took a Mothers' Day card to her and some of her favorite chocolates.
  • Hit the butcher store on the way home. We wanted to get our stuff for Memorial Day dinner (steaks and wings), some ground beef, a nice chuck roast, and a ring of garlic bologna.
  • I'm going out to the WeShed in a while. It's raining, so it's a good afternoon to zone out in a book.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Thank you. He is pretty. It is so difficult to describe his coloring. He has so much white... G's lower spine area definitely has grey.. it is almost like a grey tinge down his backbone.
He has a few grey whiskers. His coloring is like an Ash/Grey mixed with the light buff color and white.
Geoffrey's tail is the cutest! You cannot see it in the pictures, but his tail is so long. It is always held up high, with the lower 1/3 in a Question Mark.. So cute. I had to adopt him... One look and I was hooked. He is constantly scent marking---face rubbing me. He did that to all the volunteers, but I always felt it was for "me".... Geoffrey is also a leftie... His left paw goes out for everything!
I guess they were right when saying that most males are lefties, and females are righties...
Artie was a lefty also.. but he was also ambidextrous. If you watched him closely, he would favor his left paw..
~~~
Today;
*Early morning stuff, including a play session
*meeting down in dining room... not many attended. They also televised it on their building TV channel. I wanted to be in person... taking notes...
*had a second cup of coffee, and a slice of pizza, from store
*Went for walk
*supper ~~~ not good.. but I was hungry
*Played with Geoffrey

Will be making a phone call soon..
Have to decide what to make for the weekend.. either chicken thighs with maple syrup and blueberries, or lemon chicken thighs with dill... both easy... the one with blueberries, reminds me of my breakfast... so I will probably go with the lemon thighs... with rice... and green beans...

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Did not sleep well last night, again!! This has to stop!

Woke up around 2am with Geoffrey beginning to heave on my bed... I quickly shooed him down, so it was on the rug... I let it stay until I officially got up... Slept fitfully...

*Woke up, cleaned the 2 vomit area---a large furball mixed with dry food with a smaller area.. It is always in twos.. If only he would allow me to brush him... dam... I need to trim his nails and give him laxatone ....
*walked bag of PT to trash room
*Had a good play session with Geoffrey
*Breakfast---now, sipping coffee
*Regular stuff
*out to TJ's.... have to pick up a plan for Cemetery, and a few other things
*Home, put things away..
*Out to Cemetery
*not sure about supper... may pick something up, somewhere.....
*I think a SB sometime during my travels
*collapse at home...
***perhaps another play session
***** Depending on how I feel and the time, i may or may not go for a walk... I am up to just around
1.2- 1.3 miles when I do walk.. I have hit 10,000 steps with FitBit.. I usually goa round 7,000+ daily.. When I sit on my butt, it is only about 5,000+....
I am doing pretty good with walking... not losing weight.. BP is climbing.. I am not all that strict about taking it twice a day.. or even every other day or so... I have been bad..
According to FitBit, my heart rate is usually in the fat burning section. I rarely get into the cardio phase---I usually get a pain in my hip, at that point..and are tired.. but I am trying.. If not a daily walk, then I go every other day..
My Sodium levels are normal!! Had a blood test on Thursday.. still not overdoing it with water.. sticking to same amount daily...

I should go and check out the rest of TCS.... before I am off... to the races...

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Oh, Geoffrey is sooo beautiful!! I would love to cuddle and kiss his sweet belly!!
Winchester Winchester Your hanging out in he we-shed sounds so peaceful

regular stuff

fed my posse, they all came and were hungry

I think I'll treat myself ans order Chinese food

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I went out to the WeShed last night after dinner. I'm reading Ocean Prey - John Sanford, one of my favorite authors, on my iPad. Anyway, I was reading, got chilly, put the blanket around me. Fell asleep. Woke up around 9:00 and it was dark. And rainy. I had fallen asleep to the patter of rain. So peaceful! Got up and walked to the house. (I was seriously considering just sleeping out there, but I had to pee anyway, so I just came to the house.) That shed is just very peaceful and relaxing. And I couldn't have chosen a more comfy couch. Chinese food sounds wonderful! It's been ages since I've had any.
artiemom artiemom Try to get a grip on that BP. I have HBP, too, and it's not easy. I'm on meds for mine. Doctor was hoping that, when I retired, my BP would decrease. Well, that didn't happen!
  • I need to scoop boxes this morning. I have a pot of pasta sauce simmering on the stove for the freezer.
  • More rain coming this afternoon. Since we can't do much of anything outside, I'll go back out to the WeShed with my book later on. As long as I stay off the couch, I'm OK and will be awake.
  • Must start working on a grocery list; I think we're going for groceries on Monday morning. And do a Lowes list.
I really don't have much planned for today.

Status
Not open for further replies.