Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Cal threw up a hairball on a dirty sheet that was in the laundry basket, didn't mind that one, ha!! Tuna juice seems to help her pass them and a dab of Vaseline or A&D ointment
Winchester Winchester Those cookies sound wonderful!!

regular stuff

wash smalls in Dreft, sheets

Kaylee will mop floors, clean upstairs bathroom, mail documents for yearly rental assistance voucher
if I can finish them.

Willie was here for brekkie. Callie waned to go on a walkabout and went on deck right past her!!
She's not afraid of her but when she wanted in tuxedo cat was eating. She walked behind chair and
scurried inside.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Would hairball "stuff" work with Geoffrey? You know, the stuff that comes in a tube? I don't know the name of it right off-hand.
Mia6 Mia6 I love reading about your cat gang!
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee
  • Rick just left to pick up the rototiller for the garden. He has it for four hours. We're sharing with one of our neighbors who will use it after Rick is done, then he'll take it back. He came back (forgot his mask) and left again. He came back (forgot his wallet) and left again. This is what happens every time we leave to go anywhere! It's gotten to where before we leave the house, I try to go through the steps: Do you have your mask? Do you have your wallet? Did you take your pills? And so on. He's like the absent-minded professor. He's lucky he's so cute!
  • Taking the Kindle and some cookies to Evelyn this afternoon. Evidently, the lock-down is over. Again. They tested everybody in the nursing home and nobody tested positive. All of the residents have been vaccinated. About half the staff has gotten the vaccine.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester So glad lockdown is over... Evelyn must be so happy! and families, also....
I do give Geoffrey some Laxatone. That is the furball goop.. He is good about taking ti..

I used to give it to him daily... but, cut down quite a bit when I was not feeling well.. started it back up this week.. He pooped twice yesterday.. His food is also giving him some hard stools. Hopefully it will help...

Today:
*regular morning stuff
*have to bring down next weeks menu..
* put clean laundry away
* call MD for new script
*Have to go for a walk...

Sunday, I was so bored.. I ws dong things but got so bored.. it was cold, rainy, nasty.. Kept opening and closing windows.. wiping the beach sand away.. Hate the sand blowing in...
Fact of life, living on the beach...

Yesterday, I got a really late start.. I ended up going for a walk in the building. I walked all 9 floors!!! and walked down the stairs to each floor.. I got in a good workout..
I felt good, also...

Today, I am striving to walk outside.. it is grey, overcast... no wind.. Tide going out.. I will walk on the sidewalk.. It is supposed to be the "Pick" of the week..

It is so quite, I can hear the waves on the beach---between cars going by.. sounds so lovely..

I love the beach.. It is has always been my "go to' spot.... My dad got me into it.. While my parents were not beach goers; my dad would always come down to the beach, sit in his car, or on the wall, and watch the waves.. very calming effect on him. He would come down, early in morning, on the week ends.. He got me into it..

One summer, before High School, I spent the entire summer at either the Beach or Fenway Park.. with a group.. all ages.. It was the best summer.. the summer before I started working.. We word either walk or take the bus down to the beach and either walk or bush back.. mostly walk.. a good 3-4 miles...

Sometimes, my dad would surprise us, by coming down to pick a few of us up.. as many as he could get into the car.. Before cell phones.. He would just park, look, and call me... I had a watch so, I would sometimes look for him..

One time, my mother was so afraid, because there were severe thunderstorms coming.. She sent my dad down to get me/us.. My dad packed so many kids in the car, and drove all of us home.. and yes, it was raining by the time we got home... remember that year very fondly.. My dad was a special person.. Looking back, it was so many little things he did.. and went out of his way to do...
I really appreciate him... I wish I could tell him that..

Gotta get moving, before Geoffrey bugs me..

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Yes, Laxatone. I was having a huge brainfart and couldn't remember it to save my soul. We started giving the girls hairball temptations and they don't throw up as many hairballs as they used to.

Very warm today. We did some errands and some running around and had to stop for a cold drink. And remove our sweatshirts! Oy!
  • Hit Lowes for softener salt. Then Target for Rick's meds.
  • Went into a local Amish market (masks are required) for a few things.
  • Dropped our voting ballots off at the county. It takes a while bc that's where I used to work and everybody and I have to catch up on what we've all been doing!
  • Hit a local nursery. Bought flowers for windowboxes and for the pathway to the WeShed and for the windowboxes at the equipment shed. Daylilies for the side fences by the pool. Some onion sets, some paste-type tomato plants, broccoli, cabbage. A few pepper plants. They had Carmen peppers; I was so tempted because Carmens are simply wonderful peppers, but I wanted something a bit more on the hot side. Not blistering, but warmish. They don't have Mariachi peppers. I was sad. Love Mariachis.
  • Got home, moved plants from the car to the WeShed deck and to the house deck. We'll start planting in a few minutes.
  • Brought the rocking chairs to the WeShed deck. I'll put the cushions out this weekend. I was going to wait until I finished painting the deck next week, but Rick brought them out.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

supposed to rain all day and will turn cool again which I am looking forward to as I've had the ac
on for a few days..want to open windows and let the air flow in here

Love the new mattress topper....I think Cal loves it more than me, ha!! What a difference it makes
with my sleep. Cal has arthritis and I think it is helping her as well, lovely angel

Had Stouffer's mac&cheese last night, so good. Made me in the mood for Pam's Mac&Cheese with
tomatoes.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 We just had mac and cheese with tomatoes a few days ago. It's good stuff! I'm glad you (and Cal!) like the topper. Older kitties, esp, like the comfort for their bones and joints.

Having some trouble walking this morning. After we got home from the nursery yesterday afternoon, I took my flowers up to the WeShed deck. Then I started planting. I got 12 leopard's bane planted, then switched over to planting the four windowboxes. I still have 12 leopard's bane to plant at some point today. They're going down the path, but only to the first large tree root of the silver maple. They won't do much this year, but hopefully next year they'll be pretty. (We planted some last year at the end of the house and they didn't look like much. This year? Man, they are gorgeous!) I swept the deck and the patio; until the trees are leafed out, I pretty much sweep every day. Whenever I spend time planting, I have to deal with my lower back for a couple of days. I walk funny for a while, then I'm OK again.

Fortunately, we had some rain last night to help settle the plants in that I've done so far. It was still drizzling this morning when I dragged my butt out of bed. We'll take it.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher and am enjoying my coffee
  • Rick will strip the bed and I'll put clean sheets down when he gets up. But no laundry today.
  • Work outside. I have to plant the remaining leopard's bane as well as a couple of pepper plants. I'm going to keep the peppers in pots on the deck.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey was a pain this morning.. a full hour of bugging me to get up.. all because he finished his dry food and wanted FOOD!! He would not give up...

When I opened the blinds, I was hit will a fog.. I do nto like fog..

Gotta get going.. Covid testing this morning.. Only a few of us get tested, regularly... I just have a feeling that if I miss an opportunity,.. it will be a jinx

*Quick morning stuff--idd nto vacuum yesterday
*Covid test
*out to pick up script.
*produce store
*Gas for car
*Home....
*Walk... in-between floors.. It will be raining today.. and foggy when not raining.

That is it... gotta go

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Yeah, Cal sooo loves the topper!!
artiemom artiemom Sounds like Geoffrey is spoiled!!

regular stuff

washed a jacket, a few hats in Dreft

After a day filled wih rain, it will be sunny today. Chilly and windy. Frost warning for tonight.

No posse yesterday but they came this morning. Connie chowed down and Willi as well. He bogarts the food
at first and doesn't allow Robbie or Willi to eat till he's sure they won't take his. He was talking so loudly this
morning, so happy to eat, sweet boy.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am way behind on my updates. So playing catch up -

Last Wednesday I drove 85 miles to the New York Botanical Gardens for their Yayoi Kusama exhibit, which was postponed from last year. I wonder why . . . Easy traffic for a change, until I got into the city and discovered Riverside Drive was closed in the direction I needed to take. Fortunately the detour wasn't bad.

Arrive at the garden. They're requiring advanced tickets for specific timed entry. I had arranged everything with the PR department. Except somehow my tickets (my husband's sister was meeting me there) were for the next day, Thursday. After about 45 minutes it was all straightened out and we got in.

Most of the art is outdoors, some is in the conservatory. I enjoy some of her art, others not so much. My s-i-l's phone app said we walked 2.2 miles. If you asked my feet it would have been much more than that.

Started for home after 3:30 p.m. Once we arrived I opened a bottle of wine and set up an appetizer tray.

Food_2021-04_appetizers.jpg
Left the two of them to nosh and talk while I checked my pictures. Took as many of the superb tulips all over the grounds as I did of Kusama's art. Besides, in addition to our time in the garden, s-i-l and I had 2 hours to chat while I drove home.

Dinner (no pictures, sorry) was bacon wrapped scallops, asparagus, and blue fingerling potatoes. Since I didn't bake on Tuesday we had ice cream for dessert.

Nothing much for yesterday. I did laundry so guest room sheets, towels, kitchen tablecloth and napkins are washed / dried / folded and put away, dishwasher run and emptied (amazing how many more dishes are used with 3 rather than 2 people) etc etc. Today I am thinking of partially uncovering outdoor banana plants, attack some multiflora roses, order Tiny Tiger from Chewy's, go to Walmart and Costco. And start working on my web site entries for Wednesday's visit.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
C catapault Did you upload pictures to your blog yet? I'd like to check them out, if you do, I would loved to have gone with you. I can only imagine how beautiful it was.

Walking better today. We didn't get outside at all yesterday as it rained, spritzed, and misted all day. It's OK. We needed it. And it gave me an extra day for my back to feel better. Today, we have the wind. Under a wind advisory for the day. Bleah I hate working outside in the wind. We may not even bother. It's really bad. About half a headache today. I woke up with it this morning and can't seem to get rid of it. So far, it's not too bad, but it's there. I read two books on the iPad yesterday, so it might be bc of so much iPad usage.
  • Took Muffin out for her walk. Yeah, it's windy. She was not amused.
  • Vacuum, swiffer, etc this afternoon
  • Hit the WeShed for tv watching tonight. If my head doesn't feel too badly. We went out last night after Rick got home from bowling to put the rocking chairs in the WeShed, because of the wind today.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Still really breezy this morning. Well, it's not breezy, it's blasted windy, just not as bad as it was yesterday. Between the wind and the cold, it did a number on my Persian shields in the window boxes; they're bedraggled and I hope they come back.
My sister stopped in this morning to give me containers back. I had given her one of the vanilla pies and also some cookies. She said they loved the pie. That's good, I'm glad. I always worry.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and then I went back to bed. Got back up around 8:00. Took Muffin for her walk; she didn't care for the wind again this morning, but she didn't fuss like she did yesterday. She loves those walks, but everything has to be "just so" or she complains. A lot. :) She's in her strolled, napping away. I also had Mollipop outside for a few minutes. She's been watching Muffin go out and she's decided that maybe she'd like to go out, too. I used to take her out, but she really didn't like it that much. Evidently, she's changing her mind. "Well, if Muffin likes it, there must be something to this!"
  • Working on the second of four loads of laundry
  • Try to get back outside to plant flowers and veggies. I hate working in this wind. I was up in the garden this morning cutting asparagus to go with dinner tonight. There's enough for the two of us.
  • Bake a pineapple upside down cake. That will be the last of the desserts that Dear Richard had specifically asked me to make. Now he's asking for a milk pie, too. I haven't made a milk pie in years! Maybe I'll try that for his birthday on Tuesday.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
"Well, if Muffin likes it, there must be something to this!"
Indeed!! If she sees Muffin she thinks she'll like it was well. So sweet the she sleeps in her stroller after her walk.
Where are you going for your anniversary dinner?

catapult catapult I bet it was wonderful going into the city again and seeing the gardens

regular stuff

washed some throw rugs and shirts, have the rugs drying outside

Allergies are wicked. I ran out of Pataday, for my eyes, so Nicole is going to get a bottle for me. That is
the only way I can be outside.

Some of the gang was here. I gave Connie tuna and he loved it.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's been watching Muffin go out and she's decided that maybe she'd like to go out, too.
What does Muffin look like, what color is she? I guess I'll try my hand at this 3 things thread. My life might not be exciting enough though.

#1-- I'm drinking my pumpkin spice cappuccino. Had to use regular milk, cause I hoovered down my Goat Milk. I love that stuff, I'll have to get some more. My first time trying it ever!

#2-- Will be taking a shower here shortly, with my new Tonka Bean shower gel. It smells like incense. I was hoping for more of a vanilla scent, but maybe it will grow on me.

#3-- I'm looking forward to my cheese calzone for dinner. It's just a premade one from Aldi, that you bake for 15 minutes. I need to learn how to make my own, so I can load it full of veggies. The cheapskates only put cheese in it! You have to supply your own sauce on the side too.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Rick's sister gave us a gift card to Red Lobster, so we're going there on Monday. First time in a restaurant in forever! We're going for a late lunch/early dinner, hoping there won't be a lot of people.
artiemom artiemom How are you doing? How is Geoffrey doing with hairballs?
M maggiedemi Welcome! Don't worry about being boring....have you seen some of my posts?? :lol: Muffin is a buff-colored cat. Mom thought she was a boy at first, but vet confirmed she was a little girl.

Muffin.jpg

Another windy day. I'll be glad when this front moves on. It's sucking the moisture out of everything.
Yesterday, we got some work done. Rick did his windowboxes, added strawberries to our strawberry bed, and planted daylilies. Then he started on some weeding. Meanwhile, after I did some inside work, I went out and planted peppers, tomatoes, cabbage, and onions in the garden. I cannot plant a straight line to save my soul; my rows looked like I was high and drunk at the same time! Rick looked at my onion rows and suggested that, next time, I put string down first. It was a busy day. Oh, and Muffin got two walks yesterday; when we came in from the second walk, Molli came down the steps to the front door, looked at me, and said, "OK, I'm ready!" So Molli and I went out. I tried again to take her to the WeShed; she really wants no part of it. Oh, and I took my first "constitutional" of the summer on the WeShed deck late yesterday afternoon, with a Smirnoff Ice. It's nice just to sit and look around. I love the rocking chairs. (I don't know why Dear Richard calls it a constitutional. He's the one who came up with it.)
  • Made my coffee and took Muffin out for her walk. The wind is really bugging her. She came inside and, immediately, ran back to the bedroom. I opened the door, she ran in, hopped in her stroller, and that's the last we'll hear from her until lunch. Molli's already tucked in bed. We have lazy cats. I'm sure that, at some point, they'll get walks again this afternoon.
  • Need to scoop boxes and do a quick vacuum around here.
  • We'll plant corn today and work on some weeding in flower beds. I hate weeding! There has to be an easier way! I was going to plant more lima beans, but Rick suggested that I wait another week.

Last edited:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I am doing really good—gained some weight. It was supposed to go in the opposite direction!!!!!🤬

I am walking. The Fitbit is keeping track of it. Last Friday, was a busy day. I managed 10,000 steps! First time.

BP is slowly creeping up— watching it. The weight does not help. Still pretty restricted with water; but I am not as strict about it. If I go over a glass; it does not drive me off the deep end.

Geoffrey is another story. He had 3 vomits in 7 days. It is his “season “. Ugh. I guess I am going to be using up my stash of PT on him.

I have been trying to brush him, this week. He is such a terror to brush. He is now running away from me. Sigh.

I have come to the conclusion that, no matter which brush, glove, comb I use; I am just loosening up due, which he grins off, swallowing. I can only do a tiny bit of brushing because he cries, wiggles and then his claws came me out. I have to let him go, partially brushed.

I cannot wrap him—- as soon as he sees any large line in my arms, as in folding—- he runs for dear life; under the bed.

Today was busy morning
*alarm went off for mass. I was going to physically attend, but vomit happened
*Geoffrey vomited on bedspread. Jut the edge... since he did the same, yesterday: I decided to wash it
*watched Mass in TV
*ran downstairs to grab top loading washers, before anyone else did. Filled both of them
* down &up for washing and drying
*doing dishes, in between
* folded, and put away dry things: mattress cover, winter robe, fleece throw & bedspread.
*Finallly finished up morning stuff
* Quick rest
* shower
* walk before it rains.

I really want a ice cream. Really do. Waiting for warm sunny day, but so tempted.
Soft serve is 3 doors down. My favorite place is now having non-dairy options: made with coconut milk! Have to try it. Soon

Do not know what else. Oh, trash. Making huge salad for supper with chicken.

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took my first "constitutional" of the summer on the WeShed deck late yesterday afternoon, with a Smirnoff Ice. It's nice just to sit and look around. I love the rocking chairs. (I don't know why Dear Richard calls it a constitutional. He's the one who came up with it.
I thought constitutional meant a morning poo. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.