Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mother Dragon Mother Dragon is home. She has a lot of rehab to get through, but she's home with Father Dragon and their cats. Thanks for thinking of her! I gave her your thoughts and she really does appreciate you thinking of her. She has become one of my dearest friends, even though I've never met her in person. :redheartpump:

This morning, I had my first (and probably my last) smoothie. Bleah. Frozen peaches, an orange, orange juice, and Greek vanilla yogurt. It's the yogurt that's throwing me off....I despise Greek yogurt. And even in a smoothie, the taste came through. I may try it again with vanilla ice cream because, why not? Rick made a strawberry-banana smoothie for himself. I had a sip and, again, bleah. I guess I'd rather eat my fruit than drink it.

It's raw and blustery outside, more like the end of February. Our neighbors planted trees last weekend and when we woke up this morning, we saw where they had covered their trees with white sheets. It got cold. Fortunately we had no snow (that we know of), but it's darn cold. Rick was going to till the garden today, but decided against it. It's really windy.
  • Sitting back here enjoying my coffee. Muffin and I haven't been out for our walk yet, but it's early. She usually starts fussing around 8:30 or so.
  • We're running into town this morning. I need new yeast. I had some trouble with my Wool Roll Bread a couple weeks ago; it didn't rise like it should have. I tested my yeast yesterday and it didn't proof as well as it used to. I buy a pound a year, share some with my BIL and that seems to see me through for the year. I keep it in the fridge.
  • Making Amish vanilla pies today. I'm making two and giving one to my sister and BIL, along with some iced oatmeal cookies that I'll make after the pies are done baking. Hoping for a nice day in the kitchen.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Mother Dragon Mother Dragon Mother Dragon Mother Dragon is home. She has a lot of rehab to get through, but she's home with Father Dragon and their cats. Thanks for thinking of her! I gave her your thoughts and she really does appreciate you thinking of her. She has become one of my dearest friends, even though I've never met her in person. :redheartpump:
So glad she is home! I think most people heal faster when surrounded by loved ones. Please give her my best

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thank you, Mia6 Mia6 . :hugs: The next time I talk to her, I'll tell her.

Another very windy day today.
Rick's mom called last night; she's finished with her books and would like us to come up to get the Kindle this afternoon.
I didn't get the iced oatmeal cookies made yesterday and they won't be done today either. Sometime over the weekend sounds good.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, enjoyed my coffee
  • We'll pick up Evelyn's Kindle this afternoon; we're taking a chunk of Vanilla Pie to her. She loves the stuff, so that will make her day. Stop at the butcher shop in town for a few things on our way back.
  • Just a quick vacuum, nothing major.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning was:
*regular stuff
*out to hairdressers..
*Quick stop, in my search for blueberries..
*now online again..

I refuse to go into eh local grocery store just for blueberries. It is always a madhouse in there. I could go to Stop & Shop, but I do not feel like going into a grocery store at all. When I have a long list of stuff, I will; but not now. I have to psych myself up for a visit..

My hairdresser is around the corner from Whole Foods... Yes, Whole Paycheck, but for just a couple of items.. it is ok... I only go in there when I have a hair appointment.. and only if I need something..

I grabbed some blueberries, some cataloupe---freshly cut.. some granola, and The Daves KB... They supplier was stocking it, while I was there. I looked right at the raisin bread, and grabbed it.. He stopped me!! He said he was just about to "pull" those loaves, and put new ones. He took the one I had and gave me a nice fresh loaf from his supply cart. We chatted a bit. He said that DKB is the number one selling bread in the country; according to a recent survey..

He also told me that it is really gaining in popularity and is really so so so good.. I told him about
TCS... He laughed, and said it is really being picked up by a lot more customers..

Had a couple of slices.. It was good.. not wildly crazy.. so I may have to try an un-toasted slice to compare from my memory of Pepperidge Farms Raisin Bread---what I consider the best....

So windy outside... Early really gusty... I guess my outside walk is off again.. I will try to definitely walk indoors this afternoon..

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
How are the girls doing with their diarrhea?
I didn’t get a notification on this! Thank you for asking. :hugs: They're both better as far as the diarrhea goes, but both of them have issues with that long, long hair catching the poop and following them out of the box. I haven’t trimmed them yet. It’s a struggle and I’ve been procrastinating. :)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick and I both slept in this morning. He got up to feed the cats, but came back to bed. We slept in until a little before 9:00. I think Amber's early morning screaming is getting to both of us.

I was in the WeShed last night. Around 10:30, Rick texted me. "When are you coming back to the house?" "As soon as this episode is over, I'll come in. I lost track of time." "Well, you should know that three girls are waiting for you!" So, of course, I turned everything off and came in the house. And when I opened the front door, there were three cats at the top of the steps. "Mom's back! Food!" That was all they wanted. They know they get a bed time snack and Mom was late with the snack. They ate and all was right in their world. I went to bed and, one by one, the girls came back to bed, too. Rick came back to bed around midnight and we were all fast asleep.

Rick's sister called to tell us that Evelyn's nursing home is, once again, on lock down. It seems that one of the staff who doesn't want the vaccine was in contact with somebody who has Covid. Then she tried to come into work. She tested positive and that was enough to lock the facility. When Evelyn heard about the lock down, she literally broke down and cried. We finally got to see her FOR THE FIRST TIME IN OVER ONE YEAR. And now we don't know what's going to happen. What a shame that one selfish person can do this to a whole facility.
  • Muffin and I went out for our walk. It's a beautiful morning. We saw one lone asparagus sticking up out of the ground. I'll have to go back up and look for anymore. We may have fresh asparagus tonight with our dinner. I need to do a weeding up there, too, this afternoon
  • I really need to call for a hair appt. I know, I keep saying that, but my hair is really long again and I need a cut. Probably a good four inches taken off. At least.
  • Back out to the WeShed tonight for a while.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Winchester Winchester I feel so bad for Evelyn. I really do.
It is a shame that the NH is not mandating vaccines for all employees. They should!!!! Enough of this crap from the unvaccinated. Especially when it affects the elderly.

I am so mad.
Cussing bullets at them!!!! And to have that gall to try to “Sneak” into work! That employee should be fired!!!’n

Today:
*heard G vomiting earl morning. I let it go. Picked up when I got up.
*Was really hot last night. Cheating too much with
un-allowed food.
*went back to sleep. Put air purifier on high
*regular morning stuff
*put one humidifier away. Other is still air drying
*warm sunny day. Windows wide open. Would uncover fan and AC unit, but tomorrow will be cold rainy and raw
*dumped out litter, scrubbed litter box No then tub
*trash room

Debating on Ice cream or not. Cheating too much. Too many sweets. This week will be warm, so I can get it then.

I have a chicken salad salt for supper.

The DKB raisin is great! Been pigging out on that with butter.

Will my go out later for a walk. I am late. But it is still warm.

Cuddling with Geoffrey. Not much of a cuddler tha past couple of weeks. Weird.

Got over 7,000 steps in yesterday. So far, today, is 3600

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been busier than I thought I would be. I got up earlier than I wanted because I had to get my 2nd COVID shot in St. Paul. After that I went to a Lowes on the border of Wisconsin because it was the only store that had this specific type of landscaping edging that I needed. Then I after that, I went to two different libraries in two different counties, one because they had this movie I wanted that I couldn't get through interlibrary loan because I have too many requests already and the second was just the library I regularly go to. Additionally, I have also been moving wagons-full of landscaping rock to my backyard. I want to get my landscaping done before I have carpal tunnel surgery in May and won't be able to lift anything for weeks.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I didn’t get a notification on this! Thank you for asking. :hugs: They're both better as far as the diarrhea goes, but both of them have issues with that long, long hair catching the poop and following them out of the box. I haven’t trimmed them yet. It’s a struggle and I’ve been procrastinating. :)
Yeah, trimming their butt hair is problematic. I can trim some but Cal then bites or scratches me
When she was at doc for a day to have flea allergic reaction treated, they shaved that area and
it really helped.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I see you like the DKB raisin bread!!
Winchester Winchester The lockdown really sucks and I would do the great American pastime, sue!!. It doesn't cost
much to file a law suit and you can be or find an attorney to do a class action suit and sue for damages.
The poor residents look so forward to visitors..Stuck-on-Stupid, insensitive, fools!!!

regular stuff

did a few small loads of laundry

I love my new mattress topper, like being on air! Cal loves it as well.

Connie and Wilhelmina and Roberto came for brekkie this morning and a skunk as well. He must've been startled
because he sprayed, sooo nasty.

Chilly, damp, and bleak looking today..DId some housekeeping on my PC yesterday. Cleared cache, browsing history,
cookies, over 7k searches in browsing history!!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I
1) cut up corrugated cardboard to put out for recycle on Monday, pickup on Tuesday
2) decided that I have far too many plastic containers and lids saved from take-out meals. Put 18 on Freecycle. Someone will come for them tomorrow. Maybe now the drawer will close without jamming
3) potted two Canna ehermanii that arrived yesterday. They cannot go outside until sometime in May so will spend the interval in the greenhouse
4) Zoomed with family scattered far and wide, some of us in NYC, others in Massachusetts, a few in Ohio, and even Texas. Lovely
5) did a couple of loads of laundry, one of which is even folded and upstairs

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

fed Connie, he was vey hungry, talked and cooed as he ate, darling boy

A tuxedo cat has been visiting. On Friday his right ear looked bad, needed tending. When he came yesterday it looked like it had been
treated. Blood was gone, he was missing hair but it'll grow back.

Make shopping list for Kaylee, do a load of towels.and throws.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Took Miss Muffin out for her walk. The sun is shining, but it's breezy. She didn't need a blankie as it's warmer.
  • Working on the second of three loads of laundry
  • It's cookie day here. I'm making macadamia and white chip cookies and those blasted iced oatmeal cookies that have been calling my name now for at least a week. We'll take cookies with us to drop the Kindle off with Rick's mom tomorrow.
Mia6 Mia6 No, we're not going to sue (although we're really frustrated). But it's just wrong that the elderly are so much at risk bc of younger people who are so politicized that they can't see straight. Rick will take part in a care meeting this afternoon over his iPhone and he's going to let the NH know how we feel. Not that it matters to them.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing much going on...
*Regular stuff
*have to bring down my yearly rent info
*go for a walk.
*cleaned up G's vomit... ugh

It is really windy and cool here. Not many people walking.. just a couple fo guys not the sand, right now.. and a get with a metal detector. I think I may have to walk, inside today.. BLAH

hae to stop eating as much as I have been. I was really good when I came home from the hospital, but I decompensated a couple of weeks ago. I have a ton fo fruit in here... just do not want it. I have dug into my hidden stash of chocolates... not good..

Yes, it is furball season!! ugh.. back to the vomit 5 times a month.. ugh...
Woke up to Geoffrey demanding em to get up.. He had vomited right in front of the litter box, on the litter rug.. Very hard to clean vomit out of..
Poor thing.. But it does not seem to bother him.. He wants to eat and play immediately after vomiting.. he had a furball on Saturday..

No, brushing does not help.... it seems it loosens the fur up, so he eats more of it when he grooms himself, immediately after a brushing session.. He is very difficult to brush.. I have all I ca do to just do a tiny bit at ta time.. Even then, it is a battle. So I cannot get all of it up. I seem to loosen fur, but do not collect it all..

I have tried so many brushes, combs, gloves... all of them..so nothing works.. No asking for advice, just venting.. Glad I have a huge stash of Paper Towels.. need some more enzymatic cleaner, though..

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I like reading this thread, but hard to think of 3 things to write about! Maybe I'll just lurk and read instead of posting...
Lurk;;; and then just step in!! It is easy... We just write.. about what we expect to do, and what we really end up doing!!!
And stuff..... We are all friends here...

Status
Not open for further replies.