Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I did talk to Mother Dragon Mother Dragon yesterday. She's OK. Add a toe bone to both legs; she broke four bones in all. The pain meds are helping. And I thank you for thinking of her. :redheartpump: She's having vision problems; that's why she hasn't been on the board for a while. It's been difficult.
  • Did you hear the screaming coming from central PA this morning? Mollipop and Tabby got their claws clipped and everybody got their ears cleaned out. And all that noise? One cat! Mollipop screamed bloody murder the whole time. You could hear her on Pluto! The rest of the girls said, "Well, we don't like this one bit, but we'll let them do it. Treats after!" And, of course, lots of treats for their good behavior. Even Molli.
  • Followed by a walk outside with Muffin. No blankie this morning. She was busy watching the little white moths that fly around the yard. The dog up on the hill was outside and he was barking like crazy. She just looked at him and said, "Frankly, I'm above all your nonsense!" And that was that. She ignored him.
  • My King Arthur order did come yesterday. We're taking a bottle of cooking maple syrup to him and I'm splitting a bag of non-diastatic malt powder with him. (My lame is gorgeous! Yay! Either bagels or some loaves of bread on tap this week. Rick wants bagels.)

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was so so.
Winchester Winchester so glad you are in touch with Mother Dragon. I miss her! Ouch. Such pain she must be in. I broke my upper arm and have had many broken toes. I cannot imagine. Please continue to update us and give her our best.

Today:
* got up late. Morning stuff will be late
*Decided to wet Swiffer kitchen floor, after vacuuming it.
*scrubbed kitchen sink with Barkeepers Friend
*of course, Geoffrey had to walk on wet floor!!! Ugh. Weird cat!!
* thinking I will scrub bathroom sink and toilet.
*shower
*rest
* go out for a walk.
*take Forman Grill out for steak

I think that is enough for me today

Going to send in my Blood Pressure readings on Monday. I wrote them up in their chart. It is Groton high. I am going to insist on a bp Med. Or go back to old one. It has been a month since being hospitalized. So things should be normalized for me. Getting sodium level on Tuesday.

Pam, I did hear some noise this morning. A helicopter flew overhead looking for the source. And it was so strong that my doorbell went off. Thank you for telling me it was Molli !!!!!

Did you hear noise yesterday?? Geoffrey got a good brushing. It mg, you would have though I was torturing him!! He did scratch my face, unintentionally. So he screamed some more when I clipped his front claws. I am only able to do 2 paws at a time. So one week for front, next week for back.

What we do for our kids!!!

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
🙄think i need to make the carti just bought cat proof. since the wire mesh is big enough for graycie to put her head past she also noticed the plastic latch. that clips to hold it together. while folded for storage and just thinks its a cool toy now:angryfire: darn cat shes worse than a toddler. atleast a toddler learns no means no she knows and just doesnt care:lol:i could yank my hair out in frustration if i wasnt bald already.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I meant to do some gardening today. Nice sunny morning, I figured after lunch . . . I should know better. It clouded over, solid grey sky. I guess you could say I potschked around. I did

1) help fold up four beat up old tarps that Himself took from here and there, and tied them up to put out with the trash tomorrow

2) dug a number of self-sown columbines from the gravel area next to the front walk and potted them up. They will like the cool weather / overcast sky. More to dig but 17 are enough for today.

3) finished an update for April's BelleWood in Bloom on my web site and uploaded it. Lots of pictures - it's that time of year - and informative text.

4) Himself removed an embedded tick from an awkward place on my upper side where I couldn't even see it. I think 2021 is going to be a tick-heavy year.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I saw mint in the garden! Mint tea, here we come! I have to wait for it to spread a bit.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and sitting back here with my coffee
  • Going to grab a few groceries this morning.
  • I need some ideas for flowers around the pathway up around the WeShed. Going to go through some magazines to see what might look nice. And colorful.
  • We may plant red beets this afternoon.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I'm glad they're making Mother Dragon Mother Dragon comfortable
artiemom artiemom Glad you are feeling better
regular stuff

did a load of smalls in Dreft

Cold here this morning had the heat on but will be in the 60s later on. Hope tp be able to sit out for a bit.
Pfizer part II is a butt kicker. Connie and Roberto were here twice this morning, Wilhelmina as well. Cal
is sooo jealous. I went back to sleep for a bit and she was right my my head, Same thing yesterday but
she farted, ha!!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Today:
Not certain...
*regular morning stuff
*Maybe change bed sheets
*Have to call BP stuff in to Cardiologist. It is a semi-holiday today; Patriots Day. This is the day they usually run the Boston Marathon.. not this year.
*go for a walk... carrying cell phone. I cannot walk much. Yesterday, I pushed it at 0.74 mile.

I have a lot to do as far as making copies. I may start. I have to.. I keep putting it off.

Geoffrey has DANDRUFF!! OMG... I saw it this weekend.. Freaked out!! What else with this cat?? I stopped the humidifiers. have to clean them out with bleach and store them away.. just have to many other important things to do..

Beautiful start to morning.. sun shining, no breeze.. calm ocean. Windows open.. gorgeous..

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Use hoe to kill the weeds
2. Take clean clothes upstairs
3. Do dishes.

Taking it easy still because of my back but I feel that this much I can do without a lot of strain. As long as I rest every once in awhile.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Beautiful day with the sun shining and just a hint of a breeze. The lilacs are pushing. I love the scent of lilacs. Rick finished the path to the WeShed yesterday. And set a fire in the garden to get rid of the branches we took up there from various storms. He's calling for a rototiller for Thursday.
  • Muffin and I were out for our walk (that's when I noticed the lilacs). I had just sat down with my coffee back here and I heard, "Mom? Mom! MOM!" "OK! Let me get my shoes!" "MOM!" "Meet me at the door!" And out we went.
  • On the second of three loads of laundry
  • Need to throw some potato salad together and make strawberry muffins for our strawberry shortcake tonight.
  • A vacuum and swiffer
  • Trash night

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh... frustrated today..
It is beautiful! A gorgeous, warm day.. I really want to go out, yet I cannot.. I have to wait for a phone call... darn.. I feel trapped inside..

Today:
*Up early
*morning stuff..
* ran to produce store--- their stock for the week did not come in.. All I wanted was blueberries!!!
*Went to get blood test at lab.. not a good stick~~ strange, as I am usually very easy on that arm.. and the tech is very experience...
*Back to produce store---stock still not in... darn..
*Decided to cheat and get an Iced Green Tea lemonade with a blueberry scone at Starbucks...
I pulled onto a side street, so I could order it on line.. thru the app... I went to get my phone out of my pocket; It was not there!! OMG....
Turned around, started back to the Lab... Got stopped at a red light.. checked bag.. Yup, it was in there.. Had to go down a street, turn around.. stop, order, and pick up...
They were so busy.. had to wait for it...
*Returned, Mail not in yet....tried making the call... First time, lines full.. Tried again, 8 minutes on hold.. Tried again.. waited another 10 minutes... Then got on house phone and called main number.. Nope.. that was the only number for the clinic.. Waited another 10 minutes on hold.. total of about 30 minutes... Left a message for Nurse to call me.... Now I am waiting for the phone call.... getting frustrated...
*Tried to fill out an online information app which the dentist is now using. it will not accept al the information. I put it all in 3 times!! I am good at this kind of stuff. The app is flawed.. I know I sound conceited... I called office, complained that it was ridiculous. Asked for directions on how to finish it.. They could not tell me, without seeing my phone with their eyes.. even when I tried explaining my issues... I got so mad.. I just said that I am not filling this out again.. I have too many meds, and stuff happening that I am not going through this again.. They insisted that they would 'help' me fill it out tomorrow, during my appointment.. dam...

Stupid app... just do it the old way.. with paper and let the secretaries put it in the computer.. not everyone is computer literate.. I am pretty good, so I do not see why they could not guide me through the form, over the phone. I was on the last item and it would not accept... dam

I threw trash out.. carrying cell phone in hand... I want to go downstairs to mail some bills, get mail... but I cannot.. since I am waiting for the call... cannot even go out.. so frustrated..

I could get stuff together for rent renewal.. but I have so much copying, I have to concentrate on what I am doing.. so, I cannot get distracted...

I want an ice cream.. The ice cream shop opened yesterday.. I am watching people with ice cream..

I am just whining.. I mean it... feeling sorry for myself.. upset the car insurance jumped so much, this year..
I should chalk it up to being just a frustrating day... Warm in here also.. no breeze..

ugh..

Ignore me... ... I am in a bad mood...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Hang in there, artiemom artiemom . This, too, shall pass. Honest.

It's raining around here this morning. Rick went out for a walk and it did more than spritz. But it passed and now I'm waiting for the next round of rain. They're getting snow in western PA. We are to get it overnight tonight, I think. We're barely into the 40s now.
  • Took Muffin out for her walk. Yep, in the drizzle. She doesn't know what "Woman, it's raining!" means. Out we went. "Mom, I am not amused!" "I tried to tell you!" "OK! OK! Let's go back in the house!" And so we did. I think we were outside a minute. Maybe. It took longer to wrap her in her blankie. Rick had just come back from his walk and he heard us talking to each other. He said we're both crazy.....he's probably right.
  • Mail came with our A order. Went for groceries on Monday and our Giant had no Temptations. I'm down to two packs. Ordered a dozen. And a quart of King Syrup, which Giant also did not have. Dear Richard is hungry for Vanilla Pie. I'm hungry for oatmeal cookies. With a vanilla glaze.
  • Must scoop this morning.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1) Chased a wren out of the greenhouse this morning.
2) There are probably THOUSANDS of Narcissus 'Foundling'. Only two will flower because they have split and multiplied into tiny offsets. This morning I used a spading fork to dig perhaps 20%. Potted up close to 100 of the larger bulbs. Now need to harden my heart and toss the remainder in the compost heap. I plan to use a liquid fertilizer until they go dormant, then replant somewhere else. Here's a picture from an earlier year so you can see why I'm bothering with this.

BelleWood in Bloom_2017-04_This is Foundling.jpg
3) After lunch we need to go to Lowes and buy new tarps. And other stuff, at other stores.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks People, for hangin in there with me..
Today is a bit better...
Beautiful, but very very windy day today. It will turn to rain late afternoon and the temps will drop significantly.. Cold tomorrow.

*earlier, Quick morning stuff
*out to Dentist... ready to give them a piece of my mind about the on line info.. But, the office manager--who is really nice, came out to chat with me. No questions asked, nothing needed to be said, when she heard about my recent experiences. She gave me a new medical form to physically fill out.. I took a copy of new meds.. so we are ok..Hygenist told me that a ton of people are having issues with that site. It is the site... not me.. and their new computer program changed my appointment. UGHGHHGH..
** really need a crown... soon... sigh... and another one, later..
*Went to produce store.. still no blueberries
*Decided to go to SB for an iced coffee...
*Got a call from Cardiology nurse.. everything is ok..just keep watch on BP. and walking....and lose weight.. IF only, I could... dam..
*Went for a walk...
*threw out trash
*Geoffrey got a new toy... From Chewy... he loved it for a few minutes.. a fuzzy ball.. harder center but with soft cloth spikes coming out from the center..

Just resting now.. Watching waves.. several kite surfers are truing to get going, but I think the wind is even too much for them.. Kids are trying to play in the sand, but.. too much flying around..
I wanted to get an ice cream... have not had one for 2 years.. Good thing I did not.. It would have been full of sand..

Supper: Yuck---turkey cheeseburger... Yuck!! I still have half a steak to eat.. I can have that.. and perhaps a roasted sweet potato. Need a veggie... not sure.. I also have some chicken in the refrigerator.. so ...... I have options... Was going to order out.. but... I need to save money.. It is getting so darn expensive to live...

Better day than yesterday.. I guess...

Thanks again...

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Glad you are doing better
Tobermory Tobermory How are the girls doing with their diarrhea?
Winchester Winchester Vanilla Pie sounds very good!

Regular stuff

Kaylee will put new mattress pad on that will with pain, then fresh bedding. Washing pillow cases
and smalls now in Dreft.

Connie came for brekkie so I put a warm rug out for him to sit on while he ate. Cal and Rebel had
a date. They were together for a long time considering it's 30 degrees.

Got my dates confused again so the scapular block will be on 28 May, Friday at 8:00am.I'm happy about this.
Having the block tomorrow would have been counterproductive.because I've had too many trips in the past month
and I would be way sore.

Status
Not open for further replies.